Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

What does a wink mean?

Jump to newest

By *evonshireboy OP   Man
7 weeks ago

North Devon

Got my first wink a few days ago. Sent a message to the winker, but despite them having been back online a few times my message remains stubbornly unread.

I thought a wink was to denote some sort of passing interest, but maybe I'm wrong. Just seems odd to send one and then not even bother to read a response - what's the point?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucka39Man
7 weeks ago

Newcastle

Hiya op

A wink is just a quick hello and your message might be among the pile of messages they've received

Just be patient or send a wink back

By (user no longer on site)
7 weeks ago

You've been on over a year and you've just had your first wink? Either you're hideous in every aspect or it's not the case at all! Hmm..

By *aomilatteCouple
6 weeks ago

Midlands

Most people use winks to show an interest before messaging. Be aware that on a tablet on the desktop site it's easy to send an accidental wink (we've done it), one accidental touch of the wink button and it's gone.

By *avexxMan
6 weeks ago

cheshire

if you got a wink thats it youve cracked it good luck op

By *aribbean King 1985Man
6 weeks ago

South West London

A wink means people are lazy to send a message hence why I ignore them

By *iker JackMan
6 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

A wink is an initial interest. Maybe they didn’t like the message you followed it up with

By *rimson_RoseWoman
6 weeks ago

Tamworth

I wink sometimes to show an interest because I’m shy to message first. If they wink back I will send a first message because I figure they can’t be completely put off.

By *entlemanJim28Man
6 weeks ago

the Shires

I will send a wink initially as, from experiences when part of a couple, couples/single ladies can be inundated with messages and (as per my profile) I don’t want to add to the pile initially. If I get a wink back I’ll then send a message.

Caveat to this is if a profile says that winks are ignored then I’ll send a message.

For me the wink is not being lazy, purely me doing my best to respect the people I’m seeking to engage.

By *ouple24669Couple
6 weeks ago

Aberdeen

"Got my first wink a few days ago. Sent a message to the winker, but despite them having been back online a few times my message remains stubbornly unread.

I thought a wink was to denote some sort of passing interest, but maybe I'm wrong. Just seems odd to send one and then not even bother to read a response - what's the point?"

This is standard and would say happens about 90% of the time when we respond to winks.

Like you we find it baffling why someone would wink then ignore a message from someone THEY winked at. 🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

By *azzler2Man
6 weeks ago

halifax

I send a wink to show that I am interested if they check my profile or send me a wink back I then send them a message I find this quicker then sending a message first

By *ark n kimCouple
6 weeks ago

Durham

When anyone sends us a wink,it just shows they have not read our profile.it clearly states we will not answer winks.

6 weeks ago

South West London

I don't get certain couples when they clearly state on their profiles that they're only looking for females and maybe other couples and not single men which is kool and I respect their wish but yet they wink, fab and sometimes send me messages

By *imply DeeWoman
6 weeks ago

Wherever

Picture the scene.

Someone from my hotlist winks at me.

I message.

They read the message and block me.

(I guess my message was shit.)

Winks mean nothing.

Or everything.

By *aomilatteCouple
6 weeks ago

Midlands

"I don't get certain couples when they clearly state on their profiles that they're only looking for females and maybe other couples and not single men which is kool and I respect their wish but yet they wink, fab and sometimes send me messages "

Our profile says not looking for single Men as we don't want to be inundated with messages. Today we messaged a Man about meeting as it's something we do occasionally, but we really can't be doing with loads of messages.

By *oxy jWoman
6 weeks ago

somerset

a wink = nothing

By *edplusoneCouple
6 weeks ago

West Midlands

We will wink to test if there’s any interest before sending a message.

First winker send the first message

Might send a few now actually

By *he Silver FuxMan
6 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"Got my first wink a few days ago. Sent a message to the winker, but despite them having been back online a few times my message remains stubbornly unread… "

That’s because your message has joined the winkers 300 other yellow messages and effectively disappeared into the background. Sometimes it takes days for even good female friends to realise I’ve messaged them

Or… it was a slip of the finger and they didn’t mean to wink

6 weeks ago

South West London

"I don't get certain couples when they clearly state on their profiles that they're only looking for females and maybe other couples and not single men which is kool and I respect their wish but yet they wink, fab and sometimes send me messages

Our profile says not looking for single Men as we don't want to be inundated with messages. Today we messaged a Man about meeting as it's something we do occasionally, but we really can't be doing with loads of messages. "

So basically you couples say that just so that you don't get harassed by single men? Why not block messages from single men and message the ones you like? Lol

By *midnight-Woman
6 weeks ago

Winks are great so long as you remember to go and look at them

By *xfordjohnMan
6 weeks ago

Oxford

I'm often puzzled by winks from people who either have incompatible interests (like no single men), age range or live at the other end of the country.

Post new Message to Thread