Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Criticism

Jump to newest

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

Good evening team, I'm looking for a bit of constructive criticism if you guys wouldn't mind. What if anything about my profile would you change? I'm always looking to improve it, I will add some photos very soon but aside from that I find it very difficult to trust my own perception, any well meaning criticism will be taken in stride even the less well meaning will be taken in stride. Have a cracking night team

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxy jWoman
14 weeks ago

somerset

youve had 4 meets its clearly working so why change it most men cant get one meet let alone 4 ...

you can only be you so be you your clearly attracting people

By *essTTWoman
14 weeks ago

Birmingham

Been on 7 weeks and had 4 meets? You're doing well.

Nothing wrong with the profile that I can see

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

"youve had 4 meets its clearly working so why change it most men cant get one meet let alone 4 ...

you can only be you so be you your clearly attracting people "

As much as I would like to claim they are of the type of meet we are all looking for they are all social meets at clubs, tbh I wasn't sure which was most honest, to fully display them or have them hidden as they are not the type of verifications a lot of profiles are on the hunt for.

Thankyou for your input though, I appreciate you took time from your day

By *rozac_fairyCouple
14 weeks ago

Tamworth

"As much as I would like to claim they are of the type of meet we are all looking for they are all social meets at clubs, tbh I wasn't sure which was most honest, to fully display them or have them hidden as they are not the type of verifications a lot of profiles are on the hunt for.

Thankyou for your input though, I appreciate you took time from your day"

What kind of meet veri do you think people look for though?

By *ose_53Woman
14 weeks ago

harrow

Smoker!

As an ex smoker that is an automatic turn off (plus I’m far to old for you x)!

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

"As much as I would like to claim they are of the type of meet we are all looking for they are all social meets at clubs, tbh I wasn't sure which was most honest, to fully display them or have them hidden as they are not the type of verifications a lot of profiles are on the hunt for.

What kind of meet veri do you think people look for though? "

On a couple of occasions people have mentioned their dissapointment that these verifications where not of a sexual nature, and as such would prefer to wait to see those before a meet.

On one or two more occasions when I have sent through a picture of the verifications I have been ghosted. So it appears that the ones I have aren't what people are looking for.

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

"Smoker!

As an ex smoker that is an automatic turn off (plus I’m far to old for you x)!"

Thanks for the response Rose, I do feel that being a smoker is certainly a limiting factor, this I am trying to work on, so will bear it in mind.

Ahh age I suppose some people would really care about that, more things for me to think about, thank you for your input

By *rozac_fairyCouple
14 weeks ago

Tamworth

On a couple of occasions people have mentioned their dissapointment that these verifications where not of a sexual nature, and as such would prefer to wait to see those before a meet.

On one or two more occasions when I have sent through a picture of the verifications I have been ghosted. So it appears that the ones I have aren't what people are looking for. "

Thats interesting, our more sexually based ones are mostly hidden because we've only where heard people say they can be off-putting.

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

On one or two more occasions when I have sent through a picture of the verifications I have been ghosted. So it appears that the ones I have aren't what people are looking for.

Thats interesting, our more sexually based ones are mostly hidden because we've only where heard people say they can be off-putting. "

Perhaps a dynamic difference between a couple account and a single account, I suppose with a single you gotta make sure the person can perform so sex verification are probably really important to people whereas for couples, you guys as a couple are inherently the catch so no real need for the verifications on your end, this is just speculation on my part bit it's the only meaningful distinction I can think of

By *ophieslutTV/TS
14 weeks ago

Central

It's an above average profile

Some photos that have you as the majority of the shot, rather than in a minority of the image, would be an improvement, as we'd be able to ascertain your looks more easily.

There are a couple of spelling/typos. No big deal but they're easy to miss

By *n at the DeeP endCouple
14 weeks ago

Manchester

As has already been pointed out, the smoking is an issue for some and there are one or two spelling mistakes/typos. Besides those two minor things, there is nothing wrong with your profile.

It seems you're doing well for a single male so new to the site so stick with it. Keep in mind there are a great many time wasters on here. We've all fell victim to those.

You seem like a relatively confident fella, maybe try a club. It may be daunting when you first arrive but they are really like pubs (except everyone is almost naked) and people are incredibly welcoming. The smoking area will be an easy place to get talking to people.

Whether it be through fab, clubs or both you'll be fine so don't worry about it. Happy fabbing

By *egular fun NorfolkCouple
14 weeks ago

Great Yarmouth

Hi, female here

Your first pic has a family portrait in the top left, not recognisable and no ones business but with you not being able to accommodate it suggests you are attached. A no no for a big chunk of people on here.

On the whole your profile is great.

Oh and you are listed as straight but have a verification from a male. Lots might see that as a no no but again no ones business. I'd suggest showing the male verification also to wipe out questions in the first place.

By *iss DevilWoman
14 weeks ago

Bedford

Not a bad profile after all, but as others have said, I would display all the veris, even if they are just socials - particularly if those were meets in clubs. It would show that you are interested in the lifestyle rather than a quick shag.

The verification from a man- if it was a play meet and you want to stick to your "straight" label, don't display it and hide your summary. Otherwise display it and, if it was a play meet, rethink your "straight" label? People would see "verified by a man" and assume you are "Fab straight".

You can't accommodate, you're showing your face pic on here and have family photos in the background of one of your photos - it is confusing, as normally people would assume "can't accommodate= cheating". If that's not the case, explain in your bio- as normally those who are cheating don't show their faces on here.

Also, OP, you must be getting tons of messages if it's "hard to keep track"

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

Thank you very much for the input team I will be using as much as I can over the next few weeks. Really appreciate you guys takin the time

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

The family photo is of me and all my siblings as kids, I'm just a baby in it, but I do get to most people they would question it, so will change it, thanks for that

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

It's a small thing but I know some people would question that you have a veri from a guy and your profile says your straight.

Just to put in things in perspective though there are guys on here months or years with no verifications at all so you are doing everything right and in the best possible place to have a decent time on fab.

Messaging is always gonna be the worst way to meet people. I stopped messaging altogether after a few months and just concentrated on social events.

By *ose_53Woman
14 weeks ago

harrow

"Smoker!

As an ex smoker that is an automatic turn off (plus I’m far to old for you x)!

Thanks for the response Rose, I do feel that being a smoker is certainly a limiting factor, this I am trying to work on, so will bear it in mind.

Ahh age I suppose some people would really care about that, more things for me to think about, thank you for your input "

Shame though as your cute … but I’ve children older than you lol

By *inky Bear and VicsCouple
14 weeks ago

Northern Ireland

Thats interesting, our more sexually based ones are mostly hidden because we've only where heard people say they can be off-putting. "

I don't like sexually based verifications for me. I don't like to read them either. Just my preference

By *essTTWoman
14 weeks ago

Birmingham

On one or two more occasions when I have sent through a picture of the verifications I have been ghosted. So it appears that the ones I have aren't what people are looking for. "

The only point of verifications is to prove you are who you say you are.

Vulgar/graphic veris are just as much of a turn off

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

The only point of verifications is to prove you are who you say you are.

Vulgar/graphic veris are just as much of a turn off"

Ah then it was my understanding of them that was incorrect. Thank you for the info

By *otwife and badhubbyCouple
14 weeks ago

up north

So you've now chosen to show your veris, what would put us off is the fact you state your straight but have been intimate with a guy, we're none judgemental but would see that as being misleading.

By *essTTWoman
14 weeks ago

Birmingham

"So you've now chosen to show your veris, what would put us off is the fact you state your straight but have been intimate with a guy, we're none judgemental but would see that as being misleading."

Yes, while I'm not put off by men playing together(I'm very partial in fact) you saying your straight kinda feels like you're trying to bypass the people who aren't interested in bi men

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

"So you've now chosen to show your veris, what would put us off is the fact you state your straight but have been intimate with a guy, we're none judgemental but would see that as being misleading.

Yes, while I'm not put off by men playing together(I'm very partial in fact) you saying your straight kinda feels like you're trying to bypass the people who aren't interested in bi men "

I really never viewed it that way. When I set up the account I had never interacted at all with a guy, I did the once and moved on. Would it not seem more untrue if I claimed after 1 experience that I was now bi even though I know that to be untrue? That is a sincere question, I am certainly not looking to mislead anyone, what would be your advice?

By *iss DevilWoman
14 weeks ago

Bedford

"So you've now chosen to show your veris, what would put us off is the fact you state your straight but have been intimate with a guy, we're none judgemental but would see that as being misleading.

Yes, while I'm not put off by men playing together(I'm very partial in fact) you saying your straight kinda feels like you're trying to bypass the people who aren't interested in bi men

I really never viewed it that way. When I set up the account I had never interacted at all with a guy, I did the once and moved on. Would it not seem more untrue if I claimed after 1 experience that I was now bi even though I know that to be untrue? That is a sincere question, I am certainly not looking to mislead anyone, what would be your advice?"

If you enjoyed it and would be happy to try it again, or similar experience with a man, you are at least bi-curious, I would say.

If it was just a one-off, then I'd explain in the bio that you tried and it's not really for you.

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

[Removed by poster at 21/06/24 20:36:47]

By *electableicecreamMan
14 weeks ago

The West

Just hide that verification. Less questions and less hassle. Your under no obligation to display your veri's. It helps early on because you need to prove you are genuine guy that's the only real value they have.

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

"

If you enjoyed it and would be happy to try it again, or similar experience with a man, you are at least bi-curious, I would say.

If it was just a one-off, then I'd explain in the bio that you tried and it's not really for you. "

Okay I will do that, that way people can make up their own mind, thank you for your input on this

By *iss DevilWoman
14 weeks ago

Bedford

"Just hide that verification. Less questions and less hassle. Your under no obligation to display your veri's. It helps early on because you need to prove you are genuine guy that's the only real value they have."

This as well

By *allHedonist OP   Man
14 weeks ago

Bolton

"Just hide that verification. Less questions and less hassle. Your under no obligation to display your veri's. It helps early on because you need to prove you are genuine guy that's the only real value they have."

Thanks for the input I will have a think on what to do with it, again I'm just looking to be honest with people. Cheers pal

Post new Message to Thread