Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Advice for newbies?

Jump to newest

By *rWalker OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Shropshire

I've been on here for about 5 weeks now and one thing that I've noticed is how hard it is for newbies to build up any sort of (reputation?). I could be wrong but I'm assuming people on here judge someone on their reviews (or verifications I think they're called) yet as a newbie when starting with none how do you get about building that credibility? Apologies if all of this doesn't make sense (I ramble alot)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oxy jWoman
2 weeks ago

somerset

tou cant make someone like you ...its really that simple you have to wait and see if someone will or not most men on here get nowhere just due to the sheer number of men to how few women and couples .... weeks is nothing on this scene

By *ll 4 herCouple
2 weeks ago

Bury/Bolton

What were your expectations?

5 weeks on here is nothing, especially for single men who outnumber all other demographics on here by probably more than 4 to 1

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
2 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Get to clubs and socials. Get to know organisers and regulars socially. Then you'll have the reputation and can start looking for the next thing to blame for a lack of success

By *oxy jWoman
2 weeks ago

somerset

credibility is not going to get you a meet sexual attraction is well the first step anyway

By *rWalker OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Shropshire

I wasn't expecting meets or anything instantly and I'm still not expecting anything yet. It was more the fact it was something I noticed and wondered about that's all

By *uenevereWoman
2 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

OP you're very young and I imagine most on here are looking for older more experienced people. It is a swinging site after all.

I reccomend clubs and socials to meet couples and ladies, men will be easier to meet on here.

By *ueerKinkyCoupleCouple
2 weeks ago

Cambridge (She/They And They/Them)

"Get to clubs and socials. Get to know organisers and regulars socially. Then you'll have the reputation and can start looking for the next thing to blame for a lack of success "

This is excellent advice.

It’s hard to meet new people from Fab but it’s much easier at events and socials. You have to go several times to get to know people. My male friend’s advice is to always stay until the very end. He says the last hour in clubs is a great time to pick people up for sex.

By *issmorganWoman
2 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

People will also judge others on their profiles and what they've written op.

You say your straight, but then state you're looking for men and women, so if you're bi curious, put that.so you're attracting more of the people you're after.

Your age will also put people off, that's not something you can help or change though.

As another poster has said, socials are a great way to meet others and get involved in the scene. You could look to see what there is in your area.

By *nytime2023Couple
2 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

Our opinion…for what it’s worth.

Your profile is a little confusing to be honest, says straight but looking to tv/ts and mm couples?

By *ros40Man
2 weeks ago

Bedford

Just have low hopes

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
2 weeks ago

Reading

"I've been on here for about 5 weeks now and one thing that I've noticed is how hard it is for newbies to build up any sort of (reputation?). I could be wrong but I'm assuming people on here judge someone on their reviews (or verifications I think they're called) yet as a newbie when starting with none how do you get about building that credibility? Apologies if all of this doesn't make sense (I ramble alot)"

Change your profile to Bi or Bi curious as that would appear to be what you are.

By *arkOnFabMan
2 weeks ago

London

I'm a newbie also, but my assessment is that clubs/parties for swinging are your best bet for getting your first meets.

When people judge profiles on fab they look at verifications. In person, verifications don't matter so at a club you will be on equal footing with a guy who has 70+ verifications on fab. This levels the playing field considerably.

Also, when you contact couples/women sometimes they are not in the mood for swinging. At a swinging club, you can be sure that everyone is in the mood for fun.

Once you have a few verifications you probably won't have to rely on club/party meets as much. There is also diminishing returns to verifications, a guy with 70 probably won't fare better than a guy with 10 given all other things equal.

Your profile text and pics aren't all that great and there are some inconsistencies, so expecting to get meets from your profile alone is unwise. Attending a club/party is your best bet, but I'm sure that your options will be limited because of your age.

By *ondoner27Man
1 week ago

london

Be as clear as possible about what you are looking for, state any fetishes you may have etc on your profile. That way people who are interested in the same things might want to make contact with you. You probably won’t be inundated with offers but it does happen occasionally. Last year I was contacted by a couple for a scenario I had on my profile, they were the kind of couple that I would never have messaged as according to their profile I didn’t really match their preferences and they weren’t looking for single guys but they were intrigued with what I wrote and wanted to try it with me.

If you don’t get any meets, don’t be too down on yourself, it’s pretty hard to get meets just off the site

By *etropolitainMan
1 week ago

bishop now

"Be as clear as possible about what you are looking for, state any fetishes you may have etc on your profile. That way people who are interested in the same things might want to make contact with you. You probably won’t be inundated with offers but it does happen occasionally. Last year I was contacted by a couple for a scenario I had on my profile, they were the kind of couple that I would never have messaged as according to their profile I didn’t really match their preferences and they weren’t looking for single guys but they were intrigued with what I wrote and wanted to try it with me.

If you don’t get any meets, don’t be too down on yourself, it’s pretty hard to get meets just off the site"

Good answer

Mention all your likes dislikes fetishes

By *ixenandhoundCouple
1 week ago

Plymouth

As others have said, clubs a d socials will be your friend if its verifications you are looking for... and you might meet some fabulous People along the way x

By *oleraine-coupleCouple
1 week ago

coleraine

Our advice

Read their profile well and understand them

Be nice

Put effort into your messages

Send a face and body pic (no cock pics)

Be patient

Talk about who you are and what you’re like (yes we know men like sex and are horny already)

Take your time if people engage your are getting to know and understand them

In time this will pay off

Post new Message to Thread