Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Advice wanted

Jump to newest

By *mando OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Hi, been signed up for a while now and I was wondering how you guys and gals go about meeting people on here?

Haven't had much luck on here so far but I am always respectful and good mannered towards anyone I've tried to message.. But nobody has replied to any messages or accepted any friend requests (yet) even though I do get the odd wink now and then!

Perhaps my messages are just getting lost in amongst all of the others which I'm sure many women's inboxes are getting flooded with such things.

So, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
3 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Why would you send a friend request without any prior interaction? It's asking to see the pictures they've classed as friends only, and if they've never spoken to you, then you're not friends. It's an odd one. Some people will block for that.

Without a specific request for profile advice we can't go into specifics. But does yours actually say anything interesting? Does it get across who you are and what you want? Is there something in there that makes you stand out from the thousand of other single men just looking for a good time?

Are your messages going to everyone in the vicinity or only the people that you match the preferences of, that match your preferences, and have something in their profile that stands out enough for a message to be made that can only go them? When you get upwards of 40 messages a day it's easiest to ignore the ones that could just be copy pasted out to anyone at all.

By (user no longer on site)
3 weeks ago

I delete friend requests from people I have not chatted to.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
3 weeks ago

Reading

We never accept friends requests from people we’ve not interacted with. Just plain rude.

By *uenevereWoman
3 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

It's highly unlikely that anyone will accept a friend request from someone they don’t know. I just think it's weird... to be honest.

Your profile needs adding to. Think of it as your shop window trying to entice people in on a very busy high street. There's nothing to tempt anyone in at the moment.

Your best bet is not to rely on Fab but get out to socials and clubs.

By *mando OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Not sent many friend requests at all tbh.

I just wasn't really sure what the 'thing to do' was on here so after trying to send messages to different people now and then and not getting a response, I just thought I'd try something else and send a friend request.

The advice received here has been useful though and I won't send another friend invite.

Believe it or not I wasn't really interested in seeing 'friend only photos' at all as if I wanted to simply look at nude pictures, I'd just go on the interweb..

I am actually only on here to meet some new people having come out of a very long relationship and having been out of the dating scene/off the market for quite some time.

Not even sure if this is the right place for me tbh but I'll give anything a try at least once! lol

By *ink vixenCouple
3 weeks ago

Medway

Are you aware that the “Fabulous” body type is viewed by some as ++ size?

When we’re looking for single guys we like to read a bit about them what they offer, what they want and have a selection of pictures to view.

It’s a numbers game for single guys mate.

By *uliette500Woman
3 weeks ago

Hull

When I get a message the first thing I do is look at the profile. Yours gives no indication of who you are what you want or what you can offer so I wouldn't reply and probably wouldn't even bother to read your message.

By *mando OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

LOL , erm, No I did not know that!

What do you recommend I change it to? :D

Yes, I'm getting the impression my profile is a little lacking.

Should I copy stuff over from my dating apps do you think?

I do get a lot more interest on those to be fair.. But they are a little bit more 'personal' and I wasn't sure if that was suitable for this site or not? .

This is all great advice so far though! Thank you.

"Are you aware that the “Fabulous” body type is viewed by some as ++ size?

When we’re looking for single guys we like to read a bit about them what they offer, what they want and have a selection of pictures to view.

It’s a numbers game for single guys mate. "

By *ink vixenCouple
3 weeks ago

Medway

"LOL , erm, No I did not know that!

What do you recommend I change it to? :D

Yes, I'm getting the impression my profile is a little lacking.

Should I copy stuff over from my dating apps do you think?

I do get a lot more interest on those to be fair.. But they are a little bit more 'personal' and I wasn't sure if that was suitable for this site or not? .

This is all great advice so far though! Thank you.

Are you aware that the “Fabulous” body type is viewed by some as ++ size?

It’s a numbers game for single guys mate. "

Have a look at some of the more successful guys profiles and see what’s potentially working for them?

By *mando OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Thanks again

Is there a way of seeing which male users/profiles are popular from the search function?

"

Have a look at some of the more successful guys profiles and see what’s potentially working for them? "

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

3 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Thanks again

Is there a way of seeing which male users/profiles are popular from the search function?

Have a look at some of the more successful guys profiles and see what’s potentially working for them? "

No there isn't.

My advice to you or anyone is be yourself. Don't try and be like anybody else.

I'd say look at profiles of people you'd like to meet rather than those if other men, you can search for them. Are they looking for people like you, if so try to make your profile reflect that.

By *rDuracell88Man
3 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

My advise is if your a respectful, fun and always up for a laugh kind of guy. Hit the swingers clubs.

I have messaged couples and women on here, got no reply then seen the same couples and women in clubs and chatted to them, had a good laugh and played.

Clubs are the best if your good at chatting to people.

By *mando OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Yes, I will admit I much prefer meeting new people in person outside any app or site.

I met my ex just at a bar/club as a stranger but a friend of a friend.

Didn't say much to each other the first night we met, but the second night we got chatting big time and the rest was/is history.

"My advise is if your a respectful, fun and always up for a laugh kind of guy. Hit the swingers clubs.

I have messaged couples and women on here, got no reply then seen the same couples and women in clubs and chatted to them, had a good laugh and played.

Clubs are the best if your good at chatting to people. "

By *izandpaulCouple
3 weeks ago

merseyside

"Hi, been signed up for a while now and I was wondering how you guys and gals go about meeting people on here?

Haven't had much luck on here so far but I am always respectful and good mannered towards anyone I've tried to message.. But nobody has replied to any messages or accepted any friend requests (yet) even though I do get the odd wink now and then!

Perhaps my messages are just getting lost in amongst all of the others which I'm sure many women's inboxes are getting flooded with such things.

So, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. "

We never accept a friends request unless we have met, we reply explaining why and genuine folks reply saying they understand, some take the hump !!

Winks are lazy, looks like you are just trawling and making no effort.

Get yourself to a local social meet or a club.

You must understand that a massive percentage of folks on FAB have no intention of meeting, they are here to chat, which is fine.

The people who are at clubs, socials, parties, swingers holidays have all made the effort to attend so you will be in the company of like minded folks.

Give it a whirl.

By *mando OP   Man
3 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Thanks for the advice everyone

Much appreciated.

By *oiluvfunMan
3 weeks ago

Penrith

"Thanks for the advice everyone

Much appreciated. "

I've been using Fab for over 11 years now, and have met a lot of great people, some of who have become good friends

I still enjoy meeting new people, and my advice to you would be;

Be patient (I know you've been in here a while already);

Only message those profiles you feel you would genuinely be a potential match for;

Just be yourself, and don't talk about sex until they do....

Don't bother with the club scene, unless you have a club on your doorstep you can visit easily, and regularly. They are very clicky, and not as welcoming to solo guys as many would have you believe...

By *ink vixenCouple
3 weeks ago

Medway

[Removed by poster at 10/06/24 06:54:52]

By *ink vixenCouple
3 weeks ago

Medway

"Thanks again

Look at the guys who are verifying couples and women and then look at their verifications.

The guys with lots of veri’s are doing something right.

Oh yeah… and be yourself.

By *herryEatersCouple
3 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"Hi, been signed up for a while now and I was wondering how you guys and gals go about meeting people on here?

So, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. "

Pay for membership, makes you appear more genuine. Then get out to a local club and chat to a few folk, ask one to verify you.... Beyond that you'll have to put in serious effort here as there are so many single guys. Fab new photos, reply to forum posts and put your own up now and then. Wink suitable folk, search who's nearby, keep working on your profile....

By *oonshadow700Woman
3 weeks ago

Gosport

Expand on the 'Interests' bit, you've only put down 2...

Change your header: 'Miss Right Now' to me implies one night stands/temporary like they'll do for now till someone better comes along, to me it's just not that flattering or appealing.

You need to get verified, a catch 22 I know, but you could go on cam and get ppl to give you 'met via webcam' veris. You've been on Fab a while and no veris, not a good look. Most guys do wank on cam but I verified one fully clothed guy on there lol, he made it fun still by sitting there chatting away, making jokes, we had a laugh with innuendo etc, he was friendly and welcoming xx

By *nytime2023Couple
3 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

To be fair we think the profile is ok. Could say a bit more about what you’re offering people perhaps. We would meet for a social but we’re not what you’re looking for…and on that, you’re aiming at the most sort after groups (FF couples and F)

We have many single lady friends in the scene and most of them have 100’s of unopened messages. I know it’s been said many times before but socials and clubs are the best bet. Yes it can be nerve wracking to enter one but will be so worth it in the end. Of all our verifications only 3 have come from meets off Fab…the other 40+ are from going out and meeting people.

Check out the meets section and clubs section and see what takes your fancy. Being verified will help a little but won’t answer all your prayers. Ask yourself what it is you are truly looking for and whether this is the best place to find it. All the best OP. V&K xx

By *rsKOTCTWoman
3 weeks ago

Leeds

Maybe have a look at the local socials events I find meeting people face to face much easier than fab.

Your a single bloke competing with 1000's of single blokes you need to stand out on here.

Maybe join in the forums a bit the lounge is always fun and a good way to get to know other profiles.

By *ysonfuryMan
3 weeks ago

Stockport

Lots of good advise on here as usual.my first verie was via cam. Not much of a club goer myself unless I'm going with someone but local socials are great to meet people in a no pressure environment. If you message a couple or single lady include something that shows you have read the profile, be polite and address both of it a couple. Don't expect a reply or get downhearted if you don't receive one I know how many some single lady friend get and it's almost impossible for them to reply to them all. Good luck and happy fabbing

Post new Message to Thread