Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

What am I doing wrong ? Help

Jump to newest

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

Hi all

Please can someone help me with my profile and pics as I’ve had little or no interest I know it’s hard for guys on here sometimes but all I’m getting is abuse or the occasional hello but nothing much more help lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
5 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

You have no text on your profile and two pictures that show nothing of how attractive you may be to someone.

Why would someone respond positively to you when there's another 30 messages sat waiting when there's nothing to pique their interest?

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

5 weeks ago

East Sussex

If you're getting abuse report it.

As far as your profile and pictures are concerned. What would you like to see on a profile if you were the type of people you hope to meet?

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

Thx for the advise but the abuse comes after I send private messages of my face and full body but will take on board what you’ve said

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

I know there’s not enough writing on my profile infact I write something genuine and gets me no where I’ve written and deleted it multiple times looked at other profiles for help but nothing

By *luttyLaylaWoman
5 weeks ago

North West

No bio shows no effort or personality, so straight delete for me.

The sat on the toilet pic isn’t a vibe either IMO.

Report abusive messages. Read others profiles before messaging x

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
5 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"Thx for the advise but the abuse comes after I send private messages of my face and full body but will take on board what you’ve said "

Why are you sending your face and full body pics to people who are abusive? Surely if they're not on your profile it's so you can be selective in who you send them to?

What are you sending with the pictures that could set someone off? We can't know what you're doing wrong without knowing what you're doing.

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

Yeah the toilet pic is hit and miss if I’m honest I never know what to write I introduce myself and what I’m looking for ? Respect and all that but it’s hard to get the message across and not sound like a strange one lol

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

5 weeks ago

East Sussex

"Thx for the advise but the abuse comes after I send private messages of my face and full body but will take on board what you’ve said "

You can report abuse via private messages. You shouldn't be receiving nasty messages for sending face and body pictures

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

No the abuse messages come after we’ve had a genuine chat then I get blocked that’s the norm at min

By *luttyLaylaWoman
5 weeks ago

North West

"Yeah the toilet pic is hit and miss if I’m honest I never know what to write I introduce myself and what I’m looking for ? Respect and all that but it’s hard to get the message across and not sound like a strange one lol"

Looks more desperate and strange having nothing.

Can only write what is true.

A bit about you, what you’re looking for, the usual.

Everyone still won’t like it. But at least it’s effort

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

5 weeks ago

East Sussex

Nobody else can write your profile for you, it wouldn't be you if they did.

Basically you need at least one picture that shows your body, clothed is fine. If the pictures you have aren't getting the response you want that's a clue to change them.

Your bio needs to say who you are, what you want and what a person could expect when they met you.

This won't guarantee success though.

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

Cheers

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman
5 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"Yeah the toilet pic is hit and miss if I’m honest I never know what to write I introduce myself and what I’m looking for ? Respect and all that but it’s hard to get the message across and not sound like a strange one lol"

That sounds like it should be profile content rather than a message.

If someone sends me a message that could just be a profile I think of it like the unsolicited leaflets through the door, rather than someone actually reaching out to me as a person.

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

On the plus I suppose I enjoy the chat rooms and cams

By *issmorganWoman
5 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

Hi op

The abuse is totally unnecessary, so do report it.

With regards to your profile, you tell us absolutely nothing about you, what you offer or like.

So maybe have a bit of a think about what you're actually here for and fill your bio in.

I delete messages from anyone with a line or less of profile text,it makes me think they wouldn't put much effort into getting to know me or a meet.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

5 weeks ago

East Sussex

"On the plus I suppose I enjoy the chat rooms and cams "

Are you going to change your profile or not? There's absolutely no reason to take the advice you've asked for if you don't want to, I'm not suggesting you do. However if things don't change the results will probably remain the same.

Your call.

By *uenevereWoman
5 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

In addition to what's already been mentioned, if I was looking to meet men, your profile header would put me off.

Describing women as "females" sounds dehumanising to me. If you're a Star Trek fan think Ferengi... not exactly enticing.

By *heekyelf314 OP   Man
5 weeks ago

Bletchley

Thanks for all the advise I will take it on board and sort it

By *ucka39Man
5 weeks ago

Newcastle

Hiya op

Easiest way browse other profiles and see how they've done there's for ideas only

So you have a rough idea because everyone will be different just as yourself

By *amantha_JadeWoman
5 weeks ago

Newcastle

Write a bio that is honest and appealing. Bonus points if it’s funny and original. Mention your interests, what you like, what you’re looking for in a partner/meet. You may wish to mention why you cannot accommodate as a lot of people take this to mean you’re on Fab without your partners knowledge.

Add more photos. Make sure they are good quality, tasteful and check the background for any mess or clutter. Have good quality bedding and wear nice underwear. Practice taking pics to see what works best for you and your body. No toilet pics. Make sure your gallery is not just dick pics from various angles.

In a first message, send something that’s genuine, friendly and polite. Nothing copy and paste - perhaps mention something you liked about their profile. If someone sends me a dick pic or anything smutty in a first message, they get an instant block, so I would suggest you’re tasteful with what you send. Of course, that might not bother some people but I reckon it’s best to err on the side of caution. Good luck

By *iss DevilWoman
5 weeks ago

Bedford

OP, imagine you're out shopping. You come across 3 different shop windows, all offering the same product. One shop has got flashy display, clearly shows the merchandise, clearly states prices and rules of engagement. The second one is a bit less flashy, the displays are not as clear and the rules of engagement are a bit blurry or not clear. Then there is the 3rd shop, boarded up windows, zero lights inside or some very dim ones not showing the merchandise, and zero rules of engagement. Which one would you go in?

Fab is a bit like that shopping. Is your "shop window" (read: your profile) shows your true personality? Also, it's not easy to get attention on Fab just through messages/profile. If you want to be part of the lifestyle, you need to get out in real life and attend organised socials as well as clubs, get yourself known on the scene.

By *iss DevilWoman
5 weeks ago

Bedford

Also, as you cannot accommodate, many would see it as married/attached. It might help if you explain more.

By *unner6969Man
5 weeks ago

Herts/Bucks

Well, I just got told “I’m too old”, that I have “no chance on here” and that I’m “delusional” just because I asked someone whether they’d had any luck tonight, as I was finding it very quiet. Didn’t indicate that I wanted to meet them.

And that was by male half of couple, only 10yrs younger than me. They’re in for a shock in 10yrs time, lol. No wonder she “prefers younger men with amazing bodies”, his didn’t look anything special and can’t be much fun being with someone so aggressive and rude.

Luckily, I do still get to have fun on here and occasionally with much younger than them!!

By (user no longer on site)
5 weeks ago

One of the best pieces of advice I’ve seen on here is to look at professional photography and try to replicate it. Tasteful erotica in particular. Some profiles on here are really good at it.

Sure some people like a close up everything on display glory shot but you can always send that to them if they ask you for it.

By *andystick72Man
5 weeks ago

kinky Street

Try a club ,

It's a different world the club scene, make friends and use fab to keep intouch with them ,I haven't looked back since joining chameleons,,,,

Have fun

By *uriousCat99Man
5 weeks ago

Reading

Actually I have the same response on here largely. It's not great for self esteem so I feel your pain. The amount of messages I've sent out - well thought out, polite, always having read user's profiles first, and still - delete. Probably without having even read the message and definitely without even having looked at my profile.

By *amantha_JadeWoman
5 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Actually I have the same response on here largely. It's not great for self esteem so I feel your pain. The amount of messages I've sent out - well thought out, polite, always having read user's profiles first, and still - delete. Probably without having even read the message and definitely without even having looked at my profile. "

A lot of women view profiles in ninja mode before they’ve even opened or read the message. Plus, the message is only a small part of it. It will mostly boil down to if they feel there may be an attraction (to your pictures) or they like the sound of your bio.

By *uriousCat99Man
4 weeks ago

Reading

But you can see who's looked at your profile, and they never do. It is what it is, you're definitely right about the attraction part.

By *heeky_kikiWoman
4 weeks ago

Guisborough

"But you can see who's looked at your profile, and they never do. It is what it is, you're definitely right about the attraction part."

No, lots of women, myself included, select the option so that you don’t see that we’ve viewed your profile. I check out a profile before even opening a message to gauge if I want to reply or not

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

4 weeks ago

East Sussex

"But you can see who's looked at your profile, and they never do. It is what it is, you're definitely right about the attraction part."

If you go to privacy settings it allows you to hide on 'who's looked at me'. Many women and couples have this enabled.

I've looked at your profile

By *uriousCat99Man
4 weeks ago

Reading

Oh wow! I never knew that. Not sure if I should feel better or worse knowing that. Thanks again for your input, nice to know some people here are friendly - I know I jumped in on this post.

Post new Message to Thread