Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Etiquette

Jump to newest

By *eacock1221 OP   Couple
5 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

We are still new to this and would appreciate some advice. We've been very honoured to get quite a lot of attention, but we're not sure what the etiquette is about replying. Does everyone expect a reply? Is it rude not to? Do you reply to winks and messages?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman
5 weeks ago

your head

Whatever works for you. Everyone's approach is different. A lot of people don't reply to every message. It really depends on how many you get and how much time you have, and if you want to of course.

By *ACOLCouple
5 weeks ago

limerick

Personally, if you wink, we look at the profile if we like what we read and see we wink back.

No friend request until we have meet face to face and actually spoken

Good luck OP

Lina.

5 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Thank you, this is really helpful!

By *luttyLaylaWoman
5 weeks ago

North West

"We are still new to this and would appreciate some advice. We've been very honoured to get quite a lot of attention, but we're not sure what the etiquette is about replying. Does everyone expect a reply? Is it rude not to? Do you reply to winks and messages? "

I don’t check my winks or friends requests.

And I delete without reply anything I’m not interested in.

Saves the agro of a polite no thanks to then be questioned as to why!

Each to their own, however you prefer to run your profile.

I’d be more than happy for someone not interested in me just to delete. No hard feelings

By *ACOLCouple
5 weeks ago

limerick

Don't block people so quick, it will save you the embarrassment of having to unblock later, when face to face

Lina.

By *ysonfuryMan
5 weeks ago

Stockport

I dont expect a reply, I appreciate that couples and single ladies must get hundreds of messages. Although I dont expect a reply it is nice to receive one even if it's a thanks but no thanks. Happy fabbing guys and have fun

By *oupleSouthEast69Couple
5 weeks ago

brighton

We pretty much always reply to couples even if they don't fit what we are looking for, as you never know who you'll bump into at a club or social. When I was using my solo profile I didn't respond to all messages as no point, only the ones I was interested in. We respond to a wink with a wink if we like the look of the couple and think they might fit what we are looking for, otherwise ignore them as it's not a message.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple
5 weeks ago

Leeds

If the profile isn't what I'm looking for I'll either type sorry no thank you, or not reply depending on the message.

Same with winks if there not for us I won't respond if they are ill wink back or message depending on the profile.

You don't have to reply to everyone a no reply is a no thank you.

Mrs

By *elkieWoman
5 weeks ago

Durham

"Don't block people so quick, it will save you the embarrassment of having to unblock later, when face to face

Lina. "

So far, I’ve never met anyone in a club that I have already blocked that made me regret that decision.

OP: anyone you respond to or wink at now will be able to get through your message filters in two years time when you’re jaded and cynical. Less is more, on this one.

By *punk n gushCouple
5 weeks ago

Walmer,

Everyone is different I reply even if it's a no thankyou but hubby will just delete and block

By *heonixrising500Man
5 weeks ago

Barnsley

I allways reply

By *adger BrocMan
5 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"Don't block people so quick, it will save you the embarrassment of having to unblock later, when face to face

Lina. "

This

By *stwo60Couple
5 weeks ago

Hampshire

We always reply to both winks and messages, as someone else has said, even to point out we’re probably not what they’re looking for lol.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple
5 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

It's fine not to reply at all. It's seen as a 'no thank you' as far as we're concerned.

By *oxy jWoman
5 weeks ago

somerset

winks and unsolicited friends invites deleted daily

nobody owes anybody a reply

i will not reply to any one im not interested in its str8 to the block list as it saves hassle for later on

use the block button it will make your life on fab easier by far

only do what you want dont ever be pushed to do anything

been on this scene 30+++ years as a couple (this is my singles account) and you learn to have thick skin and be blunt and to the point if you let people walk over you then you will not enjoy the scene thats why the block button is so good blocking is not just for bad things

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple
5 weeks ago

wonderland.

"We are still new to this and would appreciate some advice. We've been very honoured to get quite a lot of attention, but we're not sure what the etiquette is about replying. Does everyone expect a reply? Is it rude not to? Do you reply to winks and messages? "
we try to reply to every reply but can't always x

By *alandNitaCouple
5 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

We will always reply to messages, but we're not inundated so it's not a major job.

We will look at people who've winked, and if we are interested we will reply or maybe wink back at them.

Ultimately though, it is up to you how you use the tools available. Once you've been at it for a while you'll settle on something that feels right for you.

Cal

By *herryEatersCouple
5 weeks ago

East Cheshire

We only message or reply to those who appear to be of interest (including winks both ways). It's not rude to ignore some as often real life gets in the way of things or sheer volume makes it simply impossible. Also we find some that message or wink have clearly not read our profile or have similar sexualities and interests !

By *mimrgreyMan
5 weeks ago

lancaster

Be nice to actually get a reply im not impolite in my messages at all

By *mimrgreyMan
5 weeks ago

lancaster

I do think its basic manners to reply even a no thanks of course block if theyve sent a dick pic or some rude message but if theyve took the the time to write a polite message a respose should be given

By *luttyLaylaWoman
5 weeks ago

North West

Lina.

So far, I’ve never met anyone in a club that I have already blocked that made me regret that decision.

OP: anyone you respond to or wink at now will be able to get through your message filters in two years time when you’re jaded and cynical. Less is more, on this one. "

I have… found out after we played! Haha

Slightly awkward but we laughed it off

By *luttyLaylaWoman
5 weeks ago

North West

"I do think its basic manners to reply even a no thanks of course block if theyve sent a dick pic or some rude message but if theyve took the the time to write a polite message a respose should be given"

It’s basic manners to read profiles too.

If someone has read my profile and messages accordingly, I’ll say no thanks.

If a profile without a profile pic or offers nothing my profile is looking for I won’t even reply. Manners works both ways

By *ilthyRacersCouple
5 weeks ago

Coventry

Be aware that if you decide to block all men from messaging for a while then every person you’ve replied to is exempt as you’ve had a conversation.

Thats why we don’t reply if it’s a no. It renders that filter absolutely useless.

We also don’t delete unsolicited friend requests as while they are sitting there they can’t send another one.

By *itandFriendlyCouple
5 weeks ago

Leeds

Great forum post. If we see a wink of someone we want to chat to then we might message or wink back. We’re not inundated with messages and sometimes it just takes one or two back and forth to find out if it’s worth continuing. No right answer seems to be the concensus. It’s just nice to be nice sometimes.

By *oweliktrMan
5 weeks ago

Buckingham

That’s good to know

By *abaFwonkleCouple
5 weeks ago

South Shields

We always reply to couples and women, but we just don't have the time to reply to every one line message and dick pic we get from blokes. We have specific criteria on our profile for guys that will get them a response, if they can't be bothered to put in the effort to read and/or message us accordingly then why should we put in the effort to reply to them.

By *hoirCouple
5 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

You will burn yourselves out if you reply to everyone. It's generally accepted that "No reply means no thank you" so exercise that when you want to. Personally I like to unleash a biting remark on some but I do just ignore some others.

As for winks, we send them as a statement of interest but nothing else.

C

By *xperience huntingMan
5 weeks ago

where

Yes they do expect one but that doesn’t t mean you should. Your the boss reply to who you want

5 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

This has all been really helpful! Thank you!

By *affa CakesCouple
5 weeks ago

Tidworth Wiltshire

We reply to messages , as they have read our profile . Connie

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
4 weeks ago

Coventry

There's a lot of people on the Internet. You're here for your own pleasure and fulfilment. And often we do have busy lives. So what's the point if the pressure or work load to reply makes this site less enjoyable? I don't think you should sacrifice your time and effort to reply to every unsolicited message or a message chain that's just not working out. Likewise we are not offended if we don't get a response. I say if you want to reply, reply, if you don't, don't (and don't worry about it).

Post new Message to Thread