Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Broken wand

Jump to newest

By *mileyman2015 OP   Man
3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

My wife seems to have broken her wand, it's an electric love honey one, it just doesn't come on. It's not that old and not been over used. I've checked the fuse, that's fine. Has anybody had the same thing happen and been able to fix it or does it have to be binned, a bit annoying if so as it was quite expensive.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aomilatteCouple
3 weeks ago

Midlands

If it's less than 12 months old you should contact Lovehoney, they should send you a new one.

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple
3 weeks ago

Somerset

If it is unrepairable it will need to be disposed of responsibly which may involve leaving it on the table of broken electrical devices at the council tip which will raise a few smiles!

By *ellishornyMan
3 weeks ago

surrey

[Removed by poster at 06/05/24 10:50:44]

By *ellishornyMan
3 weeks ago

surrey

My wife’s wand broke after 10 months and it was replaced after a few emails

By *hoirCouple
3 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"My wife seems to have broken her wand, it's an electric love honey one, it just doesn't come on. It's not that old and not been over used. I've checked the fuse, that's fine. Has anybody had the same thing happen and been able to fix it or does it have to be binned, a bit annoying if so as it was quite expensive."

You should have never bought it. Lovehoney and Bondara overcharge for their branded toys anf they aren't reliable.

We both highly recommend Doxy. i personally recommend the saying "You get what you pay for".

C

By *lack Orchid 0204Man
3 weeks ago

Leeds

If its under warranty contact/return to the supplier.

If its outside the warranty depends how competent you are with electro mechanical devices, what test equipment you might have.

Could be as simple as a broken wire, if its a motor/component they might not be available to purchase.

By *kmrandmrsCouple
3 weeks ago

Falkirk

Contact love honey, customer service is amazing. We have had several replacements on a doxy rechargeable and eventually a full refund.

Also avoid the doxy wants as they are crap.

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

I bought it as a Xmas present last December, so just over 12 months anniyingly

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Ha ha, well I am due a dump run.... But, was hoping to repair or replace at the moment

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

This has been about16 months but I shall give it a go thanks

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Thank you for advise ??

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Competent'ish wires I can do, new motors as you say could be more of an issue

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Will contact love honey and see how I get on.

Thanks everybody for helpful replies

By *hatsWhatCoupleCouple
3 weeks ago

Northampton

Normal consumer rules apply.

Goods must be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. A component of this is that goods should be expected to last a reasonable amount of time commensurate with the price paid.

Loads of cut and paste examples to go back to a retailer if they fob you off with ‘out of warranty’ mate.

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Thank you I shall look out online for cut and paste stuff. Much appreciated ??

By *he Silver FuxMan
3 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

I’ve ended up repairing a few of my friends wands which stopped working and it’s nearly been the same issue every time. They aren’t cheap and it’s worth having a go at fixing. The vibrations are provided by a spinning eccentric (or off-centre mass) weight - that’s in the head… but the motor is in the handle. What I’ve found is the flexible drive shaft between the two passes through a couple of bearings. There’s a cover for the shaft between the head and handle but they’re not waterproof (or squirt proof!) There is corrosion forming in these bearings which stops the motor being able to turn. A few wands have been fixed by simply giving them a couple of hard thumps against a hard surface whilst switched on which has freed up the shaft drive. If that doesn’t work, unplug if mains powered, split the casing, clean off the rust, get the drive shaft moving freely again and apply a bit of oil or grease.

The key to keeping these wands working is never rinse or submerge the head / flexible neck in water.

I’m thinking of setting up a repair business with a drop-off / collect at clubs

Midlands only at the moment

By *corpioboyMan
3 weeks ago

Glasgow

"If it is unrepairable it will need to be disposed of responsibly which may involve leaving it on the table of broken electrical devices at the council tip which will raise a few smiles! "

Just tell them it’s a broken karaoke mic

By *inksAPlentyCouple
3 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

"My wife seems to have broken her wand, it's an electric love honey one, it just doesn't come on. It's not that old and not been over used. I've checked the fuse, that's fine. Has anybody had the same thing happen and been able to fix it or does it have to be binned, a bit annoying if so as it was quite expensive.

You should have never bought it. Lovehoney and Bondara overcharge for their branded toys anf they aren't reliable.

We both highly recommend Doxy. i personally recommend the saying "You get what you pay for".

C"

My Doxy broke quicker than my LH wands.

I've had two LH wands - one broke the first time I turned it on. It was replaced. The other lasted a couple of years.

My Doxy broke after 3 months - I was gutted!

OP contact LH and they'll sort you out a replacement.

Ms x

By *ikerD87Man
3 weeks ago

Surrey

One of the wires have come lose from the switch my guess will need soldering back on

By *opeyXWoman
3 weeks ago

Dun Dee

I had a LH wand and it didn't last a year.

I had a lelo one last 10 years that I've replaced.

And I've my doxy one about 7 years.

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Sounds like some great advice from experienced repairers. I like the give it a whack advise...lol, my kind of repair skills ??

By *herryEatersCouple
3 weeks ago

East Cheshire

We have a broken wand with a faulty speed control wheel for free but you can't turn it down at that price ..... On a serious note though beware some mains wands still use electricity even if turned off and get quite warm so always switch off at the mains after use !

By *ouple4voyeurCouple
3 weeks ago

Birmingham

Best by far us the lovense domi 2. If you're looking to buy a replacement. Had 1 of ours over 2years and still goung strong and was used on a daily basis. Charge lasts a good 3+ hours on max. Plus it can work on the phone app.

We have a Doxi we used it twice from new and put it back in the box and never to be used again. It doesn't even come close to the Domi2.

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Thanks re unplugging from mains, yes it's in a draw still looking like a limp wand..lol!

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Thank you re Domi2 recommendation. Still hoping lovehoney will replace. Just swapping emails at the moment though ??

By *herryEatersCouple
3 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"Thanks re unplugging from mains, yes it's in a draw still looking like a limp wand..lol!"

Best we've come across so far is the 'Lovehoney extra Powerful Multispeed Mains Powered Magic Wand Vibrator'. Rainbow coloured and a single volume control style speed and power wheel. Lasting much longer than others we've tried including the standard large cream model. Extra bonus, it unexpectedly came with a free matching mini battery vibrator ! . Beware though it MUST be switched off at the mains as gets warm even if off by the control wheel

By *ormalfornorfolkMan
3 weeks ago

Norwich

Send it to me, I’ll have a go at repairing it. If you wrap it in a pair of your wife’s knickers I’ll do it for free

By *oxy jWoman
3 weeks ago

somerset

only one wand to own and thats the doxy ive still got my original and newer ones hands down miles better than the love honey ones and yes ive owned them to

By *Four_uCouple
3 weeks ago

from the land of milk & honey

We owned a few different wands over the years, Hitachi, various cheaper versions and two doxys. The Hitachi was good but we broke it. The cheaper ones lived up to being cheap and we broke them. The first doxy was great until we broke it. And the current doxy is still going strong after about a years, which for us is very good but we are realistic and expect it to go to the great wand resting place in the sky at some point in the not too distant future....

By *Four_uCouple
3 weeks ago

"We owned a few different wands over the years, Hitachi, various cheaper versions and two doxys. The Hitachi was good but we broke it. The cheaper ones lived up to being cheap and we broke them. The first doxy was great until we broke it. And the current doxy is still going strong after about a years, which for us is very good but we are realistic and expect it to go to the great wand resting place in the sky at some point in the not too distant future.... "
2 years!

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Well latest is lovehoney say they can't find my order number, I've given them my name, address, emails I may have communicated initially with them when I ordered( I can't get into my Hotmail accounts to find order number as Microsoft have locked me out...said they will send a code, instead tell me strange activity on the account so to check it... But without the code I can't ....msn aren't logical). I digress, so even with my details of name and delivery address lovehoney say they can't find me on their system...grrrrr!...really?? I've Bought through them a few times over the year, so their customer system is a bit sh*t!! Last email they say they will offer me 30% off my next order. Self repair attempt it is then. Wish me luck

By *aomilatteCouple
3 weeks ago

Midlands

"Well latest is lovehoney say they can't find my order number, I've given them my name, address, emails I may have communicated initially with them when I ordered( I can't get into my Hotmail accounts to find order number as Microsoft have locked me out...said they will send a code, instead tell me strange activity on the account so to check it... But without the code I can't ....msn aren't logical). I digress, so even with my details of name and delivery address lovehoney say they can't find me on their system...grrrrr!...really?? I've Bought through them a few times over the year, so their customer system is a bit sh*t!! Last email they say they will offer me 30% off my next order. Self repair attempt it is then. Wish me luck"

If you can't show proof of purchase or an order number they're doing what most companies would do. From what people say further up the thread they seem to have good customer service.

3 weeks ago

bury st edmunds

Yeah the order number is a frustration, but in truth with my name and delivery address, I can't see how they haven't got me on their system. As I said before, I've bought from them quite a few times over the last few years, so a bit strange that I'm wiped off of their system . Their emails have been polite, but also asking over and over again for the same information. They asked me for name, delivery address and email ordered from, at least 3 times, which I gave them each time they asked. So yes polite but a bit inefficient in that respect.

By *Four_uCouple
3 weeks ago

"Yeah the order number is a frustration, but in truth with my name and delivery address, I can't see how they haven't got me on their system. As I said before, I've bought from them quite a few times over the last few years, so a bit strange that I'm wiped off of their system . Their emails have been polite, but also asking over and over again for the same information. They asked me for name, delivery address and email ordered from, at least 3 times, which I gave them each time they asked. So yes polite but a bit inefficient in that respect."

Most companies require proof of purchase. Without it you are going nowhere, they will only help you if you give them the legally required information.

Post new Message to Thread