Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

What is like to practice on fab

Jump to newest

By *ifestyle1 OP   Man
7 weeks ago

me171

Hey ??. I've been here for a few years and I have lost of fun and friends and now it's just ppl not accepting friendly chat? Is it because profile!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 weeks ago

East Sussex

It's very difficult for single men.

Your profile is ok but could do with being a bit clearer but I can understand what you're saying

By *asisfan25Man
7 weeks ago

Essex

"It's very difficult for single men.

Your profile is ok but could do with being a bit clearer but I can understand what you're saying "

Hey, just wondered if you could take a look at my profile and let me know if I can make it better? I've changed it three or four times, but I haven't had any success afterwards. I've had people tell me it's too much like a dating profile, and that's probably right. I've also been told I shouldn't talk about my hobbies, but I just want to be myself and sound interesting.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 weeks ago

East Sussex

"It's very difficult for single men.

Your profile is ok but could do with being a bit clearer but I can understand what you're saying Hey, just wondered if you could take a look at my profile and let me know if I can make it better? I've changed it three or four times, but I haven't had any success afterwards. I've had people tell me it's too much like a dating profile, and that's probably right. I've also been told I shouldn't talk about my hobbies, but I just want to be myself and sound interesting."

If you just want to be yourself and sound interesting you've achieved that . I'd leave it as it is if I were you.

You might ask yourself how anyone would know what to expect if they did meet you other than socially? The ultimate aim is to meet for sex, do you like to get to know a person or would you be happy to play on a first meet? Do you enjoy a lot kissing, oral both ways? No need for lengthy descriptions just a brief line of two.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 weeks ago

East Sussex

PS it's probably best to start your own thread in future if you want profile advice

By *asisfan25Man
7 weeks ago

Essex

"PS it's probably best to start your own thread in future if you want profile advice "
Thanks for the advice. I'm glad my profile sounds interesting! I'll add a couple of lines about what you mentioned above. I was going to create my own thread , but I find the criticism hard. You need it to improve on here and in real life, but it's tough when you change your profile multiple times and still get told it's awful.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

7 weeks ago

East Sussex

"PS it's probably best to start your own thread in future if you want profile advice Thanks for the advice. I'm glad my profile sounds interesting! I'll add a couple of lines about what you mentioned above. I was going to create my own thread , but I find the criticism hard. You need it to improve on here and in real life, but it's tough when you change your profile multiple times and still get told it's awful. "

If I learned anything in life it's that you'll never please everyone and trying to alter to do that will just make you miserable .

Stick with being yourself, you might not get a lot of luck on fab most men of your age don't but you'll be observing and learning all the time you're here.

By *asisfan25Man
7 weeks ago

Essex

"PS it's probably best to start your own thread in future if you want profile advice Thanks for the advice. I'm glad my profile sounds interesting! I'll add a couple of lines about what you mentioned above. I was going to create my own thread , but I find the criticism hard. You need it to improve on here and in real life, but it's tough when you change your profile multiple times and still get told it's awful.

If I learned anything in life it's that you'll never please everyone and trying to alter to do that will just make you miserable .

Stick with being yourself, you might not get a lot of luck on fab most men of your age don't but you'll be observing and learning all the time you're here. "

Exactly how I think these days. I just try to be myself, and you can't be everyone's cup of tea anyway. I'm not on here to meet loads of people; it's about finding a few that I'll hopefully form a connection with. It is a difficult site, but I went to my first club, Vanilla, on Friday. Even though I was anxious, it'll be a great place to meet people.

By *woofakind2022Couple (MM)
7 weeks ago

London/East Anglia

Let me give you my ‘Two Penn’orth’ if I can…

I’ve got a single guys profile, this one with a mate, and had a popular couples profile with an ex partner a few years ago, so I’ve experienced fab from all sides.

Firstly, I think you’re profile is a bit too ‘tinder’ like, in which I mean, you’re displaying it as a dating profile, which this site really isn’t.

Listing hobbies, interests, and using the site for updates in the same format as you might use Facebook, for example, isn’t really what’s going to entice anyone, in my opinion.

People are looking to meet for sex, predominately, so the idea (within reason) is to make your profile as appealing as possible from that perspective - nothing within your bio, or your pictures, does that.

For single guys on here, you have to stand out, play to your strengths, and understand that patience is key - the site is inundated with single guys, woman/couples can get hundreds of messages a day, so ask yourself this:

Are you going to expect a response if you’re just another of the rabble, sending a generic message, from a generic profile?

I very much doubt it.

Take a look at some of the guys with a lot of verifications, and see how they approach things, see if you can tweak wording, add some more appealing pictures.. think outside the box.

The woman or couples replying will say what they like, but of course, it’ll differ from person to person - ultimately, it works the same way it does in a club/bar, as in:

- the more charming, good looking, and engaging you are, the higher success rate.

If you’re lacking on some of those, expect the site (and responses) to be slow, I mean, even if you are all of those things, you still might not get a reply, so you know, don’t take it personally.

Patience is a virtue.

By *asisfan25Man
7 weeks ago

Essex

[Removed by poster at 19/03/24 10:37:22]

By *asisfan25Man
7 weeks ago

Essex

"[Removed by poster at 19/03/24 10:37:22]"
thanks for all the advice I’m not going to give up as I’m determined to be in the lifestyle but I struggle with English and making any kind of profile I find difficult but I’ve honestly found making a fab profile even harder.

By *cnugatugMan
7 weeks ago

Chatham

"PS it's probably best to start your own thread in future if you want profile advice Thanks for the advice. I'm glad my profile sounds interesting! I'll add a couple of lines about what you mentioned above. I was going to create my own thread , but I find the criticism hard. You need it to improve on here and in real life, but it's tough when you change your profile multiple times and still get told it's awful. "

As they say my friend rome wasn't built in a day. Treat your profile like Rome keep on making improvements until you feel it's good enough for you, then carry on making changes your profile needs to sell you. I've been on fab for a while now and keep updating mine taking bits out and just reworking it until I feel comfortable, currently I feel good about mine and get a lot of compliments about it. What one guy does might not work for another that's why you have to keep working on it yea it gets tedious and frustrating but if you want the rewards you gotta make the effort. Hope this helps and feel free to have a gander at mine for inspiration if your struggling.

By *ojo2joWoman
7 weeks ago

Penclawdd

There’s two threads going on in one and it’s getting confusing who the advice is aimed at. Please use reply and quote.

By *asisfan25Man
7 weeks ago

Essex

"There’s two threads going on in one and it’s getting confusing who the advice is aimed at. Please use reply and quote."
have made my own thread

By *issmorganWoman
7 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

"Hey ??. I've been here for a few years and I have lost of fun and friends and now it's just ppl not accepting friendly chat? Is it because profile!! "

Hi op, you messaged me a few weeks ago, I didn't reply because you're absolutely miles away from me.

So maybe make sure you read a profile first, before you contact someone,as I'd only be looking for local men.

Another thing is that you have a shadow as your avatar, many will delete messages from profiles with no profile pic.

Maybe make one of your public pics into your avatar and sell yourself a bit more. What are you looking for and what do you offer any meets?.

Good luck.

Post new Message to Thread