Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Not sure what next

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So currently finding it difficult on here to make a genuine conversation / working towards a meet seem to be getting quite a few fabs , likes and , winks

But thats as far as I'm getting either messages not read , read and left on read or deleted

Looking for single women or couples to have fun with

But earning how to improve going to update my bio soon as I think it could do with a re write

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So many single men join fab with high expectations and the assumption that women and couples on here will shag anyone and that they'll be queing up to fuck them, and then, when the reality that this isn't the case begins to dawn on them, they seem to think that there is some magic formula to unlock the barrier to meets and repies.

**NEWSFLASH** There isn't.

You could have the best written profile on fab, with a good selection of tasteful pictures and still fail to get replies or meets.

Pretty much everyone you message will check out your profile before even thinking about reading what you've sent them.

If they don't fancy you or think you have anything in common with them, then they might not even bother reading your message, let alone answering it - and there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's think about it another way.

How many takeaway menus do you get posted through your door?

Did you ask for them?

Are you interested in any of them?

You might even love Pizza, but the menus stuffed through your letterbox aren't quite appealling enough to you.

Do you phone these places up to tell them thanks but no thanks?

No. And why should you?

Also, single men out number women and couples on fab by over 100 to 1.

Think about how many messages they get in their inboxes.

There's a lady on fab whom I know personally in vanilla life who recently had to empty her inbox of 6,000 unread messages because there was just no way she could get through them.

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

Hello OP,

Consider how you approach people, don't just write 'Hi', 'Fancy a chat' or any other generic one liner, It WILL get you ignored. Messaging like that doesn't work on Fab like it does with instant messaging services. Can you imagine writing Hi, waiting three days and then getting a msg back saying hi, to which you reply how are you and have to wait another three or four days for a reply? Read profiles and discover some common ground to write about. Never be so crude as to send messages like 'Hey im free monday. Wanna come to my place and let me use that pussy?' You wouldn't say that sort of thing in person, so don't say it online.

Now, providing you have sent a message that will entice them to look further they will 99% of the time look at your profile before responding. So now you have to sell yourself. You've had four months to fill out your profile, but it still doesn't leap out of the screen at prospective meets. To sum it up your profile says very little about you and is unlikely to appeal to many, if any.

We accept that we are outside of your preferences and therefore our opinion might not matter to you, however as a couple that do meet guys of your age, one look at your profile would put us off from looking any further. Sadly, it is bland and doesn't stand out. It shows that you have taken no time whatsoever to use your profile to make a positive impression. Nobody knows you as well as you know you, and if you have nothing to say about yourself it could be interpreted as there is nothing worth saying about you. That's probably not true, but would you start a conversation in person with someone if you thought you would only get single word answers because they have nothing to say?

Write something about you, what you have to offer, what your limits are etc. Basically - make people interested in you. As a single guy you are already fighting an uphill battle. That doesn't mean you won't have any luck, but you really need to look at your profile, so as to ensure you make the best possible first impression which may help elicit replies.

Dick pics are not the way to promote yourself, especially not as a profile pic if your trying to show your maturity. Everyone knows what a dick looks like, and believe it or not very few people actually want to look at row upon row of cocks when they look at a profile page and if someone really wants to see it they will ask. Smiling face pics are invaluable. Next time it's a lovely day, get out and take some selfies somewhere nice; you can always blur your face out if you are uncomfortable showing it.

However your profile is not everything. Getting involved with the forums and the chatroom are both great ways of getting to know people with no pressure and no first time nerves. Rather than relying on a message, show your maturity and join in conversations, you never know someone might take an interest.

You could also get off the site and meet people socially by signing up to an organised social, where you may meet many people from the area, and perhaps make a better impression face to face than via the Internet. It might be a little nerve wracking the first time, but what harm can having a coffee or a pint with a stranger really do?

Some will give you a chance, some won't, but we wish you luck

By *sBlueWoman
over a year ago

Up North

What about a club?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Here's how it reads to me... (I'm too old for you but on here, in part, for the single dudes, so...)

"Cannot accommodate"

Why? Already in a relationship? Living with parents? How is a 30-smthing woman with kids and a babysitter at home gonna fuck you? Needs to be addressed in profile "Currently living in shared accommodation so happy to pay for a hotel"/"in a relationship so discretion expected and assured"/"likes dogging"/... whatever is true for you

"Single man looking for some *meets* open to most things happy to talk and find out and accommodate *some* requests"

Meets is a deeply unsexy Fab word... "looking to meet some nice/sexy/lovely/..." ppl? Others who've been here longer won't mind this as much as I do. But to me it is dehumanising.

Everyone is happy to accommodate *some* requests - which? All/most/many/classic vanilla/...?

"I have had fun on cam and hopefully will have fun in person."

It's fine...

"I'm a northerner and I tell it straight"

This sounds like you're gonna be rude

"Interested in single women and couples"

Fine, but profile already says this

"Not interested in meeting single guys"

Fine but again not necessary, they are the main audience for your cock pictures anyway, so...

"And hopefully my pics are encouragement enough to say hi"

They aren't. I'm a single woman here, in large part, for cock. I don't wanna see them in snaps. The body pictures are very nice, and some will like dick snaps (especially the dudes, and more so the more proper swingers, inc couples - but I'm not sure that's where your target audience is, and not all single women are into them). The bottom of face one needs redoing at a better angle if you wanna include becasue you're much better looking than that shows

xx

By *hagTonightMan
over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"So many single men join fab with high expectations and the assumption that women and couples on here will shag anyone and that they'll be queing up to fuck them, and then, when the reality that this isn't the case begins to dawn on them, they seem to think that there is some magic formula to unlock the barrier to meets and repies.

**NEWSFLASH** There isn't.

You could have the best written profile on fab, with a good selection of tasteful pictures and still fail to get replies or meets.

Pretty much everyone you message will check out your profile before even thinking about reading what you've sent them.

If they don't fancy you or think you have anything in common with them, then they might not even bother reading your message, let alone answering it - and there's nothing you can do about it.

Let's think about it another way.

How many takeaway menus do you get posted through your door?

Did you ask for them?

Are you interested in any of them?

You might even love Pizza, but the menus stuffed through your letterbox aren't quite appealling enough to you.

Do you phone these places up to tell them thanks but no thanks?

No. And why should you?

Also, single men out number women and couples on fab by over 100 to 1.

Think about how many messages they get in their inboxes.

There's a lady on fab whom I know personally in vanilla life who recently had to empty her inbox of 6,000 unread messages because there was just no way she could get through them.

"

This. I would take a break from sending messages for a while and meanwhile use the forum

Post new Message to Thread