Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Responding to profiles - advice!

Jump to newest

By *arkknight25 OP   Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

Just reaching out to see what the opinion is on when messaging people?

Obviously, one liners and 'wanna f*ck' aren't acceptable but what are people looking for? Any tips on the length of message and what it should include? I'm making an effort when messaging but feel there is something lacking!

Thanks!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harAndBryCouple
over a year ago

nr Stamford

Read their profile and if anything doesn't match what you want/offer then don't message.

When you message make the subject appealing - we get so many where the subject is "hi", "mmmmmmm" or just a random jumble of letters.

Introduce yourself, maybe your experience and what you're looking for. Give something away about you that people can ask about if they want. Pick up on something from their profile and ask about it.

Questions enable the recipient to reply. So often we get "I like your pics" or "she's so hot" and they're just statements to which we have no answer. But banal questions like "how's your day" or "what are you doing" just bore us and get ignored.

Good luck!

(Bry)

By * lolita xWoman
over a year ago

North

"Just reaching out to see what the opinion is on when messaging people?

Obviously, one liners and 'wanna f*ck' aren't acceptable but what are people looking for? Any tips on the length of message and what it should include? I'm making an effort when messaging but feel there is something lacking!

Thanks!"

Doesn’t really matter what message you sent your pictures are an instant turn off

By *arkknight25 OP   Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

All my pictures or some in particular?

By *thfloorCouple
over a year ago

Hove

"I'm making an effort when messaging but feel there is something lacking!"

Only lacking replies I don't know what your set opener is like but having read your profile text - which I think is awesome - I very much doubt there is much to advise you. If anything I'd point to improving your pics (more of you, less "action", as these are quite commonly a big put-off esp. when approaching single women). I echo points from above post re. leading questions, also I enjoy reading when someone mentions why they contacted us specifically (when it's personal rather than a mass mailing) or has a comment that is not hackneyed.

Oh and another thing - those with clogged up inboxes are only scanning through, so make your profile pic, your message title and the opening words as interesting or eye catching as you can as they're the ones already displaying. Good luck!

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

When I get a message I’ll instantly look at their profile. If I feel we match then I’ll respond even to a ‘Hi’ message. But if the pictures or text has something that I find a turn off, it’s a delete or ignore.

So make sure your profile shows you in the best possible way, then when messaging ensure you’re bringing up something about their profile and what they’re looking for.

By *arkknight25 OP   Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

That's great advice thanks. I have questioned my "action" shots and thinking about it I'm guessing ladies aren't particularly interested in seeing those.

And thanks for the feedback on my profile text, I have tried to make an effort

By *thfloorCouple
over a year ago

Hove

"

All my pictures or some in particular?"

The ones where you can see more of a woman than you, for sure. I found the anal action vulva shot particularly challenging, a bit much? These pics also don't match your text, what are they meant to illustrate?

By *elkieWoman
over a year ago

Durham

Ask two questions and give them enough information about yourself to get a conversation started if they want to. With your profile, it feels like the only thing I can talk to you about is sex or work?

By *arkknight25 OP   Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

Thanks for the feedback...tweaked the profile a bit!

By * lolita xWoman
over a year ago

North

"

All my pictures or some in particular?"

Action shots. You have no veris on here so why show action shots of god knows who. And do they know there are on a swinging site

By *arkknight25 OP   Man
over a year ago

Berkshire

They are from the past, pre-fab. I kind of thought they might show I am real and serious about this (lot of fake people on here!) but in hindsight I can see how people (esp women) would be turned off.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It is paramount that you read the profile - they often contain a wealth of information and could save you a lot of wasted time.

We would say, when compiling a message, write it as if you were bumping into the person Tesco's shopping aisle or elsewhere in the public arena.

Post new Message to Thread