Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Men’s Mojo

Jump to newest

By *iscreet gent2018 OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Has anyone got any advice for finding mojo again? As I move through the latter part of my 40’s and heading towards the big 5-0, I’ve found my mojo has largely disappeared. It comes back now and then, thank god, lol but sadly the interest i once had in sex (even wanking) isn’t the same. I’ve heard it could be male testosterone and therefore treatment is available, but I’m just wondering if any of you have any experience with this? It’s life affecting and, if I’m honest, really gets me down. Thanks in advance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Could be depression or hormonal or the stress from covid and wars.

Maybe see your doctor. They can do tests and help. Good luck.

over a year ago

Newcastle

Thanks. I don’t think it’s depression, but hormonal may be worth looking at. I’m a complete novice surrounding that and didn’t even acknowledge men could have hormonal difficulties until recently (stupid, I know). Life’s a learning curve after all

By *ornucopiaMan
over a year ago

Bexley

Sit there and listen to that dreadful dirge "Don't Give Up"!

over a year ago

Newcastle

"Sit there and listen to that dreadful dirge "Don't Give Up"!"

Great advice! I’ll keep that mantra. Thanks

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

drs and get a mot ... could be a number of things or could be just some thing affecting your mind ...dont allow your dr to fob you off either

over a year ago

Newcastle

"drs and get a mot ... could be a number of things or could be just some thing affecting your mind ...dont allow your dr to fob you off either"

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve heard dr can try to do anything other than testosterone testing so I’ll ask tricky questions. Thank you.

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

Judging by your pics you look in shape so my next guess would be age related declining T levels.

Speak to your doctor and don’t take no for an answer. They will try to say no. For some reason they’re very hesitant on giving guys HRT. Don’t let them side lime you. Demand treatment

over a year ago

Newcastle

"Judging by your pics you look in shape so my next guess would be age related declining T levels.

Speak to your doctor and don’t take no for an answer. They will try to say no. For some reason they’re very hesitant on giving guys HRT. Don’t let them side lime you. Demand treatment "

Thanks mate. Sadly I’m hearing a few people say that doctors are reluctant to give men HRT/testosterone treatment. Great advice, thanks again

By *r_lasciviousMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

I have some experience with this.

A few years ago, I had ruined my hormones with dieting and the main symptoms were complete loss of mojo, tiredness and not recovering very well after the gym.

I researched and suspected it was testosterone related, so went to see my GP. I asked for a blood panel to be done and as expected, he said "I'll do you a blood test for the basic liver, kidney etc, but not a full panel, we're not in America". !!

So that came back fine, but obviously I wasn't fixed, so I paid £150 to get a private blood panel done. Company called medichecks. You can opt to have doctors comments too.

The kit came through the post and I went to my local hospital to get the blood sample done. The nurses were disgusted that I had to resort to paying for a blood panel as it's costs the NHS pennies.

Anyway, results came back and sure enough, my testosterone levels were that of a 70 year old.

I then took some 'corrective action' and I distinctly remember scrolling through social media and seeing a woman in a bikini and thinking "wow she's hot" and it had been months not even noticing such things. It was like night and day once my testosterone levels returned to normal levels.

After the age of 30, guys levels drop by about 1% per year, so if you're naturally on the low side anyway, buy age 50 you could be very low.

Start with a blood panel and you'll likely find the cause

By *inister_SpinsterWoman
over a year ago

North West

"Has anyone got any advice for finding mojo again? As I move through the latter part of my 40’s and heading towards the big 5-0, I’ve found my mojo has largely disappeared. It comes back now and then, thank god, lol but sadly the interest i once had in sex (even wanking) isn’t the same. I’ve heard it could be male testosterone and therefore treatment is available, but I’m just wondering if any of you have any experience with this? It’s life affecting and, if I’m honest, really gets me down. Thanks in advance. "

This op nailed it in this thread.

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/1303288

By *iMassageAddictMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I reckon having the snip did not get me either, had on and off Ed ever since - interested in your "corrective action", I will do some Google research later

By *annaBeStrongMan
over a year ago

w

"I have some experience with this.

A few years ago, I had ruined my hormones with dieting and the main symptoms were complete loss of mojo, tiredness and not recovering very well after the gym.

I researched and suspected it was testosterone related, so went to see my GP. I asked for a blood panel to be done and as expected, he said "I'll do you a blood test for the basic liver, kidney etc, but not a full panel, we're not in America". !!

So that came back fine, but obviously I wasn't fixed, so I paid £150 to get a private blood panel done. Company called medichecks. You can opt to have doctors comments too.

The kit came through the post and I went to my local hospital to get the blood sample done. The nurses were disgusted that I had to resort to paying for a blood panel as it's costs the NHS pennies.

Anyway, results came back and sure enough, my testosterone levels were that of a 70 year old.

I then took some 'corrective action' and I distinctly remember scrolling through social media and seeing a woman in a bikini and thinking "wow she's hot" and it had been months not even noticing such things. It was like night and day once my testosterone levels returned to normal levels.

After the age of 30, guys levels drop by about 1% per year, so if you're naturally on the low side anyway, buy age 50 you could be very low.

Start with a blood panel and you'll likely find the cause "

It’s also worth noting that the ranges the NHS consider normal are huge. If your on the lower end of what they consider “normal” you’ll still experience a lot of the negative effect from low T and the doctors won’t do shit.

This is something you might wanna consider going private for. Testosterone is the magic hormone for men. Search the net for guys testimony. Huge increase in energy, drive, motivation. They feel 20 years younger. No idea why the NHS is so against giving it out.

over a year ago

Newcastle

"I have some experience with this.

Start with a blood panel and you'll likely find the cause "

Some excellent advice here, thank you. I’m trying to get an appointment to see my GP (easier said than done these days!) so I’ll ask for a full blood panel. It’s shocking that we have to pay for this.

Post new Message to Thread