Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Blocking views from unregulated users

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Fake profiles are driving us mad!

This morning for example, so many views on us, yet many just have one online blue circle symbol, no membership, flags, verifications, nothing else. The profiles have the warning saying possible scammers. Yet when we click on the profiles within minutes the site page says "user does not exist try username search." and they've gone. Over and over again.

So is it possible to block views unless people have got a green flag/membership/etc so there's at least some level of investment in the site and a higher possibility they are slightly genuine? And that we don't feel so vulnerable with our content as we have no control over who is accessing it?

We dont mind views and just appreciation of the profile pics. But I dont think it's fair if they are profiles without even any photos and they are allowed to view whoever they want and can come and go as they please.

Search preferences allow me to block us from search engine searches but not from "unregulated" users on here. Which seems contradictory.

Any advice from admin, or possibility you can filter who sees you in the future?

Again I'm aware we choose what we share

But maybe only from other members for example or only other verified users? Have I missed this somewhere?

Thanks lovely fabbers, love all the genuine ones out there, just it the creepy creeps creeping around!

Xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You can set filters to block various demographics including new profiles and those who aren't site supporters

By *mma_EvansTV/TS
over a year ago

Visiting Peston

You can set filters to stop profiles messaging you, you can't stop profiles from viewing your profile unless you specifically block that profile. From what you have said, it sounds as though Admin have intercepted the rouge profiles and have disabled the rouge profiles, hope this helps xx

over a year ago

"You can set filters to block various demographics including new profiles and those who aren't site supporters"

I think that's only from messaging you. They can still see your profile and content.

over a year ago

"So is it possible to block views unless people have got a green flag/membership/etc so there's at least some level of investment in the site and a higher possibility they are slightly genuine? And that we don't feel so vulnerable with our content as we have no control over who is accessing it? "

Quite like this idea. You can’t post on the forums until you’ve been here a certain time, not verified etc. and would hopefully cut down on the ones collecting pics for a wank bank…. Which we have no problem with btw, we put the pics out there to view after all but we’ve taken down most of the x rated because they attract the wrong attention.

Post new Message to Thread