Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

How should a male profile look?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I’m pretty new here so obviously have no verifications which doesn’t help. But ive been looking on the forums to see what the women of fab are after from a profile, and a lot of it is quite confusing.

- no single males with photos with women

- no single males with dick pics

- no single males with unprofessional photos

- no single males with overly specific profiles

- no single males with underly specific profiles

Obviously I appreciate how many blokes are on this website and the sheer number of messages any half decent looking woman or couple would get on here. But I don’t really know what anyone wants since at the end of the day it is a swinging site so I’d expect dick pics/photos during sex to be pretty normal but they seem to be an instant turn off.

I just wonder what is actually wanted from a single male profile on here, since I am pretty lost lol. Anyway, thanks in advance for taking the time to read

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I reckon you should present your best self in exactly the way you want to. You'll never please everyone and the forums only represent a tiny minority of site members

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Also you can use message filters to block single men from contacting you if it helps

By *ack Genuine BullMan
over a year ago

Loughborough

[Removed by poster at 17/04/21 11:37:09]

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

Get rid of the Sydney warning stuff at the bottom of your profile it makes you look gullible. Also put up your filters to stop guys from messaging you.

It’s your profile no body else’s, so add whatever you want and those that are compatible will then respond.

There’s plenty of advice for new people especially guys and you’ll probably get some from this thread. But in the end it comes down to visibility, you can have the best written profile on the site but if people don’t see it, it’s worthless. So get on the forums, cams or chat and when socials or clubs reopen go and visit.

It’s tough on here for most guys but can be even more of a struggle for younger guys especially.

Good luck Op

By *renzMan
over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

You're an individual. Do what works for you. I don't have dick pics on my profile, but many do. Your profile should reflect your personality. Tell people what you are hoping to experience, your own experience so others can judge. I would suggest having no expectations. That way you can't be disappointed. Even if you match what someone is looking for, so will a dozen others. As you say it is a very large pool. Stay true to yourself and maybe, just maybe someone will notice you.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So.. Bathroom photos always make think chancer ... Straight off the list... Same with any warnings lol, make me roll my eyes - i would recommend ditching it

You might want to think about your language a bit more carefully

Then think about how you would market yourself.. Think of your profile as your shop window... You want to attract /tease people to open the door and step inside

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

Write a profile that succintly summarises you and what you're looking for rather than what you think other people want you to be. It's not rocket science but requires a little effort and it will take time to generate some interest because we're still in partial lockdown and there are an awful lot more single guys here than women/couples.

As for cock shots, every guy has one and there's really no need to post loads of images of it. For most women the person attached to it is far more important.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Firstly, get rid of the last two paragraphs regarding Sydney University, which is meaningless verbiage that indicates a copy-cat, cut and paste job.

Youth is on your side, but to appeal to a target market, that is chronologically older than you, replace the cock pics with those of you in several different styles of attire that are tantilising and alluring.

The people on this site are generally experienced, educated, mature and are after much more than just sex.

The opinions of your mates about this site needs to be disregarded; read the many threads about profile improvement that offer useful pearls of wisdom and experience.

Use your profile as your CV; a means of selling yourself, but without any cock pics.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The profile needs to appeal only to people who you are matched with.

You've picked out some good general things that hold true for many of us. There's nothing that suits all, except honesty.

I'd stick with just clear photos of you alone. A range that will give us a good understanding of how you look that's sufficient for us to take a decision on whether we find you attractive.

Use the text to sell you, including your interests.

You can change it as many times as you like, so any decision you take can be updated. It's better for you to experiment, to see if something works better than another.

By *irty PrettyWoman
over a year ago

Cardiff

You know yourself, don’t you? What you’re looking for, what you like and don’t like, what your good points are, the kind of person you are, the kind of person you want to meet, what you have to offer, what kind of photos you think you look good in?

That’s what we want to see on a single male profile. Not some generic blurb Frankensteined together out of advice from people who don’t know you. Your profile should represent you as you are. That way people can look at your profile and make a judgement about whether you and they might be compatible.

over a year ago

Yes definitely get rid of the disclaimer stuff the only thing it does is take up server space no one cares

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Although it's a swinging site, as a woman if I look at a single makes profile and there's more of other ladies than him, instant delete. There's nothing appealing there, same for me if there's mainly cock pics, I need something to pique my interest.

It's your profile op, but to be successful you need to try and sell you. What can you offer? Why would someone take a chance and meet you?.

If you think your profile sells you well, then leave it as it is.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 17/04/21 15:21:00]

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

OP, assuming that you return to the thread you started...

I agree that the last 2 paragraphs are pointless.

Other than that, your profile should reflect your personality, what you want and what you can offer.

Your age will go against you as many on here have children older than you.

That doesn't mean being here is pointless, but does mean that the contents of your profile and messages is all the more important.

I would also strongly urge you to read the FAQs.

By *uenevereWoman
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Oh and be positive.

Concentrate on those who might be interested and ignore those who won't.

Negativity isn't an attractive trait.

By *ubal1Man
over a year ago

Newry Down

Right, you've had a lot of very carefully considered advice from the people on this site.

What specific actions do you now intend to enact to make yourself a more marketable commodity both here and in the 'real' world.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan
over a year ago

nearby

You shouldn’t worry mate being a handsome young fella give it a couple weeks....

By *argudMan
over a year ago

Llanelli

honest and genuine

over a year ago

Just be honest and reliable.... If a woman or a couple find you attractive they will engage with you.

Also be brave... Sometimes making the first move is the way to go!

Happy fab times fella.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I’m pretty new here so obviously have no verifications which doesn’t help. But ive been looking on the forums to see what the women of fab are after from a profile, and a lot of it is quite confusing.

Obviously I appreciate how many blokes are on this website and the sheer number of messages any half decent looking woman or couple would get on here. But I don’t really know what anyone wants since at the end of the day it is a swinging site so I’d expect dick pics/photos during sex to be pretty normal but they seem to be an instant turn off.

I just wonder what is actually wanted from a single male profile on here, since I am pretty lost lol. Anyway, thanks in advance for taking the time to read "

Also remember women are not a 'thing', we're a collection of individuals hence the diversity in what we're looking for.

If you're messaging people read their profile first and frame your message in light of what they're looking for and how you believe you can help them achieve their objectives, but bear in mind even that doesn't guarantee a reply...it's hard work this swinging malarkey!

over a year ago

Good luck op, just go with whatever best suits you and hope for the best.

By *69BANMan
over a year ago

Reading

"So.. Bathroom photos always make think chancer ... Straight off the list... Same with any warnings lol, make me roll my eyes - i would recommend ditching it

You might want to think about your language a bit more carefully

Then think about how you would market yourself.. Think of your profile as your shop window... You want to attract /tease people to open the door and step inside

"

Can we just take a moment to appreciate Midnight's profile and pics of being a perfect example how a profile should look!

over a year ago

I assumed that I’d receive notifications if people commented on here hence I’ve only just checked replies now. I appreciate the advice from everyone! I’ll make some amendments, and honestly I don’t know what I want here I’m mainly here out of curiosity but i agree with points made by you guys!

over a year ago

You have to many mirror selfies, they aren't very exciting. Try and add some clothed photos too.

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman
over a year ago

LEEDS

The thing is OP... Every woman/couple on here have different tastes. What turns one off may be a turn on for others.

I quite like your profile and your selection of pictures. Keep doing you OP and I'm sure you'll do well on here. Good luck

By *olden RatioWoman
over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I think your profile is fine! Like others have said, you can't be everything to everyone, so just be sincere and the opportunities will present themselves eventually.

By *atnip make me purrWoman
over a year ago

Reading

I look for quirky and original.

over a year ago

Like the real world, can't please everyone, be yourself and eventually the right people will filter through to you.

By *educerMan
over a year ago

Brentwood

As someone else said, honest and genuine. A good selection of pictures and a bio that is well written

By * F 2018Couple
over a year ago

shropshire

"As someone else said, honest and genuine. A good selection of pictures and a bio that is well written "

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

You're bio is good, just take some more, creative photos.

Have a look at other males in the forums.

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

We always say to single guys when asked to try and make their profiles stand out. How exactly is for them to figure out.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple
over a year ago

Bexley

"I’m pretty new here so obviously have no verifications which doesn’t help. But ive been looking on the forums to see what the women of fab are after from a profile, and a lot of it is quite confusing.

I just wonder what is actually wanted from a single male profile on here, since I am pretty lost lol. Anyway, thanks in advance for taking the time to read "

You're thinking too much. Do a profile which reflects you and what you're looking for. We all have different tastes and what different things. If you go down the route of a generic tick all the boxes profile you'll appeal to nobody. If you try harder and are more specific yes you'll put off some people but you'll be more appealing to others. That's the best you can do. There's no such thing as a profile which suits everyone.

Think of it this way - if you were running a restaurant you have to have a target audience and come up with a theme and menu to suit them. You can't put everything on the menu hoping to please everyone.

By *ikesEmBigMan
over a year ago

Herts

I just do what I like generally and I've been ok

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"We always say to single guys when asked to try and make their profiles stand out. How exactly is for them to figure out."

You've very neatly highlighted an issue with a lot of the "advice" given on here:

"Hello! I'd like some help making my profile more appealing."

"You need to make it stand out."

"Yes, of course. But how?"

"Oh, that's for you to figure out."

If people could figure it out, they wouldn't be asking for advice!

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

The most important advice I can give you is that you need to show you can communicate. There are some women here who just want to shag a guy if she likes the look of him. Based on a couple of years in the forum, these women are very much the minority. Most women need some kind of connection. They want somebody they can chat with. If you can engage a woman's mind and lead them to like you as a person, then there is the potential for more. If you can't, you can just forget it.

Many men's profiles consist of a list of things they want and a gallery of cock pics, as if women will come running. Firstly, women don't focus on men's knobs in the way many many men expect. A knob pic is never ever going to get a guy a meet. If she likes you, you may get to the stage where you can wop it out for her. If she doesn't like you, that will never happen.

Secondly, a list of wants does not give any indication of whether you can hold a conversation. If she can't talk with you then most of the time you can forget it.

Lists of wants have their place. Knob pics have their place. But if you demonstrate that you focus on those things, you can just forget it. Focus instead on showing that you are somebody with something to say that she can have a chat and a laugh with. Make sure your photos show how well you present yourself. When you first meet somebody, hopefully you will be dressed nicely and won't have your dick hanging out. Women are more interested in how you dress than what your cock looks likes, and if she doesn't like the former, the latter is irrelevant. Your profile needs to show that you get what she wants, not just state what you want.

Incidentally, this is not a critique of your profile. I haven't looked at it. It's just what I see time and time again. Luke

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"Focus instead on showing that you are somebody with something to say"

This can go very, very badly.

"Most women need some kind of connection. They want somebody they can chat with."

I'm so fucked.

Or not, rather.

By *lan157Man
over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"I assumed that I’d receive notifications if people commented on here hence I’ve only just checked replies now. I appreciate the advice from everyone! I’ll make some amendments, and honestly I don’t know what I want here I’m mainly here out of curiosity but i agree with points made by you guys!

"

On the Forums people comment on other poster's comments so it's not always directly in response to the original poster.

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Just be yourself is only the best advice given remember everyone is looking for someone whether it's you or not but someone else will be even when you browse other profiles you'll see that pictures they have like you say sexually explicit or nude and this is them who are comfortable with so it can be similar interests as for bio little bit about yourself what you may have tried what you might want to explore even a scenario.

Whilst we are still in a pandemic message those who catch your attention as building up something is an interesting way to start and hopefully when it's safe lead to making arrangements for a social

Good luck pal

By *ockdownerMan
over a year ago

Preston

" This member has hidden their profile"

Perfect

over a year ago

Be to the point of what you are looking for it works well for me I can tell you

over a year ago

It should be seen first of all...hidden profile??!

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

Totnes

I did a little survey on here last year , most ladies like to see at one dic pic..but other pics torso etc are a must ...

Just a single dick pic . .no way .

Following my scientific study I added one ...

It's on my friends pics

H

over a year ago

"I did a little survey on here last year , most ladies like to see at one dic pic..but other pics torso etc are a must ...

It's on my friends pics

H"

So you have just one pic of your torso? Hmmmm?

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

Totnes

"I did a little survey on here last year , most ladies like to see at one dic pic..but other pics torso etc are a must ...

It's on my friends pics

H

So you have just one pic of your torso? Hmmmm? "

Well spotted

over a year ago

It's on my friends pics

H

Well spotted "

The smell of bull gave it away

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

Totnes

It's on my friends pics

H

Well spotted

The smell of bull gave it away"

By *arte_Blanche_NECouple
over a year ago

Northern

"It should be seen first of all...hidden profile??!"

I know we were intrigued to see

By *revaunanceCouple
over a year ago

Exeter

It doesn't matter what you have on your profile if you hide it.

over a year ago

To all people saying I’ve hidden my profile. I’ve started seeing someone so wouldn’t be right to be on here. But I thank everyone for their responses!

Post new Message to Thread