Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

waxing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello lovely people. I know this has been talked about already on here...but here is the situation ...I have a photoshoot coming up in three weeks and I have opted to have a Hollywood done, plus an under arm and half leg wax. I use to shave my legs and use hair removal everywhere else. Whilst. I have waxed my arms and legs before, I have never had my downstairs waxed. Is there any tips of advice for pain relief before hand? I have heard of taking painkilers...any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Xx

Xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hello lovely people. I know this has been talked about already on here...but here is the situation ...I have a photoshoot coming up in three weeks and I have opted to have a Hollywood done, plus an under arm and half leg wax. I use to shave my legs and use hair removal everywhere else. Whilst. I have waxed my arms and legs before, I have never had my downstairs waxed. Is there any tips of advice for pain relief before hand? I have heard of taking painkilers...any advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Xx

Xx"

I would recommend not messing with it at all, a good wax job shouldn't hurt too much. just make sure they trim it down so its not too long and that you arent alergic to any of the ingredients in the after cream/oil (like my partner is)

P x

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Period time it hurts more.. just go for it.. its like having babies cant be that bad or people wouldnt do it again...

that said last time i got mine done they gave me a new girl she ripped my skin off and left me bruised badly. Make sure she is qualified.My silly mistake. .

over a year ago

"Period time it hurts more.. just go for it.. its like having babies cant be that bad or people wouldnt do it again...

that said last time i got mine done they gave me a new girl she ripped my skin off and left me bruised badly. Make sure she is qualified.My silly mistake. . "

Completely agree, the week before I'm due on is so much more painful! Take a couple of ibuprofen before you go and remember that it should be over in 15 mins!

over a year ago

Thanks for the advice everyone. What about first having it waxed? Ivr heard that if you've shaved or used hair removal, that not all the hair comes away in the first sitting. This is important as I am having it done seven days before my photoshoot.

over a year ago

rule of thumb is all hair should be about as long as a grain of rice before waxing - this is usually about 3 or 4 weeks growth. if it's shorter than that it's more difficult to get out and in my experience very painful. make sure to go for someone who offers hot wax (not the strip kind) and don't worry about the pain, it's not as bad as you think it will be and it's lovely and smooth after

I am not sure I would recommend having it done a full 7 days before hand though as for me I start getting wee hairs back through after about a week... can you have it done any closer to the time?

over a year ago

Is there such a thing as being too long? Also I am worries about the possiblity of bruising and skin loss so I need time to heal. If it omly laats a

over a year ago

Is there such a thing as being too long? Also I am worries about the possiblity of bruising and skin loss so I need time to heal. If it only lasts a week before the hair growth starts again is it worth it?

over a year ago

No if it's too long they can trim it before waxing. If you go to someone reputable there should not be ANY bruising or skin loss, I have never had that in all the time I've been getting waxed! It's a personal choice, I hate being stubbly and find that nothing (regardless of what anyone says) gives you that baby smooth finish of a wax, yeah the hair starts to come through quite quickly which is a pest but for me it's still my favourite hair removal option for down there! I hope to get laser hair removal some time and have that baby smoothness all the time

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Don't use lotion on your skin before you go and if having your underarms done no deodorant. You can use talc, it actually helps to stop the wax sticking to your skin.

Oh, and avoid hot baths/showers just before and for a few hours after.

Any traces of wax left will come off with oil, baby oil or even olive will do the trick.

over a year ago

Thanks Tempting. Xx

Post new Message to Thread