Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

What webcam to buy?

Jump to newest

By *APNW OP   Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

With the new lock down we are thinking of getting a webcam so we can have some fun through the chat room. Can anyone recommend a good one to plug into out laptop please?... Thanks xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have downloaded a app to my samsung phone and laptop now i can use my phone as a web cam

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I got one from Amazon for work called “wildhd webcam”. £20. Works. Great picture and sound. Cheap.

It’s designed to sit on your screen so you might need a blob of blutac or something if you’re putting it on the side or somewhere. It’s pretty light and easily moved by the cable.

Would also recommend a long usb extension cable if not putting cam on top of screen.

By *APNW OP   Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Does that only work with Samsung phones?

By *APNW OP   Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Thank you...
"I got one from Amazon for work called “wildhd webcam”. £20. Works. Great picture and sound. Cheap.

It’s designed to sit on your screen so you might need a blob of blutac or something if you’re putting it on the side or somewhere. It’s pretty light and easily moved by the cable.

Would also recommend a long usb extension cable if not putting cam on top of screen. "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i think you can get apps for i phone as well but min for samsung is called droid cam

By *APNW OP   Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

Awesome. Thank you x
"i think you can get apps for i phone as well but min for samsung is called droid cam"

By *razytimesinloveCouple
over a year ago

SW Scotland

"I got one from Amazon for work called “wildhd webcam”. £20. Works. Great picture and sound. Cheap.

Would also recommend a long usb extension cable if not putting cam on top of screen. "

Will have a look at that one, thanks

By *ribsaMan
over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

I use a logitech hd webcam which is good, but have been try to link my sony camcorder to the computer to use instead as of yet have been unable to get it to work with my particular model camcorder.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

SCAN computers are usually very competitive.

By *aimeDWoman
over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

Just a word of consumer advice, webcam prices have typically been super inflated over the course of lockdown due to supply and demand with people working from home. Just do your homework to make sure you’re happy with the price you’re paying wherever you get it and that you’re not paying an over inflated price . Hope you find one you like

By *onyShellCouple
over a year ago

Stoke on Trent Cheshire Border

Used a logitech c920 for years and wouldn't swap it

By *woblindmiceCouple
over a year ago

sleaford

Unless fab finds an alternative to flash player no cam will work in the rooms after December

By *otsossieMan
over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"Unless fab finds an alternative to flash player no cam will work in the rooms after December"

I think they’re working on it.

How are the new cammers getting on?

By *urham 3 riversMan
over a year ago

Co. Durham

"Unless fab finds an alternative to flash player no cam will work in the rooms after December"

they are running out of time with this one

Post new Message to Thread