Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Finding the right condom

Jump to newest

By *onyMad123 OP   Couple
over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Having found the perfect buddy, we are always safe, but have a real issue with an effective condom for penetrative play including anal.

Hes a perfect average size, and havent really had to use for many years, but find the faff at getting them on and comfy, and the band seeming to hold it to tight, can cause it to minorly deflate.

Being quite new to frequent use of them, we would appreciate your input on general advice on the best brands of condom that do not strangulate the base and are comfy and as naturally feeling as possible, we haven't explored the market much yet.....

Thanks in advance Em, Ri and FBud

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I tend to use skyns havent met a guy whose had a problem with them

By *evilandTheBeastCouple
over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Try MySize condoms. As the name suggests, they come in different sizes, might be more suitable for you.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"I tend to use skyns havent met a guy whose had a problem with them"

Another vote for skyns here.

They’re latex free and so don’t taste bad either.

over a year ago

Try Skyns, they fit well and feel good for both parties.

By *inky_couple2020Couple
over a year ago

North West

Another vote for Skyn condoms

over a year ago

"I tend to use skyns havent met a guy whose had a problem with them

They’re latex free and so don’t taste bad either. "

Don't eat the condoms there's usually a buffet

over a year ago

Skyns XL, miles ahead of durex and others in terms of comfort

over a year ago

"I tend to use skyns havent met a guy whose had a problem with them

They’re latex free and so don’t taste bad either.

Don't eat the condoms there's usually a buffet"

By *onyMad123 OP   Couple
over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Thanks guys n gals we don't have a problem with oral so thats good just more a respect thing as we all clean, just not ready or willing to go without yet, found these a faf to put on by the time they on the moment has gone almost. Shall order some skyns, the durex standard and not sure what his were, literally strangulated the "old chap", not assisting with the situ, and seemed to continue with occasional deflation, even when lubed inside and out. Wish me luck x

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Another vote for Mates Skyns here, won’t use anything else after a bad reaction to one of the free condoms supplied in a club

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

try durex King size, comfy fit and isn't too tight for the wee guy.

By *aomilatteCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

So many people don't put condoms on correctly and if put on correct there should be no issues. The instructions are in the box, but you know what men are like with instructions! A condom should only be put on a fully erect penis. It will only roll down one way so you need to make sure it's the right way round. As you start to roll down you squeeze the air out the teat. If the air isn't squeezed out that's when they can split during intercourse. The condom is then rolled all the way down. If it's put on properly it shouldn't be uncomfortable and the man shouldn't lose his erection.

over a year ago

"Another vote for Mates Skyns here, won’t use anything else after a bad reaction to one of the free condoms supplied in a club "

Did you use the glow in the dark one in the dark room?

I’d have reacted badly to that coming towards me too

over a year ago

Another vote for skyns great brand never had a problem

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Another vote for Mates Skyns here, won’t use anything else after a bad reaction to one of the free condoms supplied in a club

Did you use the glow in the dark one in the dark room?

I’d have reacted badly to that coming towards me too "

No, it was too tight and (I guess) contained latex. Ruined the moment....

By *lice AgainTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

It took me a while to get to the right size but I'm a Pasante King size girl/guy/whatever.

I've tried the Super King's but they're like a femidom (or I have a small cock)...

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

"So many people don't put condoms on correctly and if put on correct there should be no issues. The instructions are in the box, but you know what men are like with instructions! A condom should only be put on a fully erect penis. It will only roll down one way so you need to make sure it's the right way round. As you start to roll down you squeeze the air out the teat. If the air isn't squeezed out that's when they can split during intercourse. The condom is then rolled all the way down. If it's put on properly it shouldn't be uncomfortable and the man shouldn't lose his erection."

If they're too tight all of the above is meaningless

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Skyns here too

You could also discuss this when at the STI clinic, as they're really helpful and knowledgeable.

By *stbury DavenportMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Go to the British Condoms website. Have a look at their "Trial Packs". Order some. Test them out. Find out first-hand what personally works best for you. Recommendations are no substitute for your own experience.

I have personally found that GUM clinics don't know as much about condoms as one would have thought and hoped; maybe I was just unlucky there.

Pro tip: With too many brands, "larger" merely means "longer" rather than "wider". Directly compare the same "sizes" in different brands to see what I mean.

I personally find MySize 69mm to be the most comfortable. Their condoms have a nice thick ring that doesn't cut into the flesh of your erection. Other people will have had different experiences.

Post new Message to Thread