Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Support and Advice

Keyword

Jump to newest

By *ornyQueer OP   Woman
over a year ago

Does asking a person to put a key word in a message subject if they read your profile actually work?

I was thinking about doing this as lots don't read my profile and I get messages from unsuitable people.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

Nope. Most will scan thru for the word, others simply message anyway. Sadly there is no way of making people read.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We've never tried it. Personally we wouldn't bother. It's usually obvious if someone hasn't read the profile.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't add it. Don't ask people to do things, or not to do things, or whatever. Just say what you're interested in. Then block anyone that obviously hasn't read your profile.

I dunno why you give them an opportunity to pretend

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Sometimes (quite often actually) a couple will contact us and it's clear they haven't read our profile. When we look at theirs they have the immortal "type elephants foot umbrella stand in your message header to prove you've read our profile" line.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple
over a year ago

Coventry

"Nope. Most will scan thru for the word, others simply message anyway. Sadly there is no way of making people read."

Thats why you need to make your profile text a quest with hidden clues to the key word in the text. Then not only do you know they've read it you also know they have half a brain. Either that all they think nah, your not worth it. Either way that should help with your filtering process.

By *iddle ManMan
over a year ago

Walsall

Well at least if they do it means they have at least scanned through or maybe have read your profile. If they don't put the word then it proves they haven't read it surely.

By *lirtymr_mrsCouple
over a year ago

Stockton-on-Tees

"We've never tried it. Personally we wouldn't bother. It's usually obvious if someone hasn't read the profile. "

This.

I also think the dire warnings about being blocked, deleted or sent to hell are a bit wasteful of words and set the wrong tone...

Imagine if people conducted their normal lives that way? Walking into Tesco's and telling the assistant they would only talk to them if they said only the price in their first sentence and didn't talk about the weather! We would all become unimaginative unthinking machines communicating set messages between each other, even the social conventions of small talk would be too big.

By *ornyQueer OP   Woman
over a year ago

It didn’t work and I keep getting men annoyed at me for not replying

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Nope. Most will scan thru for the word, others simply message anyway. Sadly there is no way of making people read.

Thats why you need to make your profile text a quest with hidden clues to the key word in the text. Then not only do you know they've read it you also know they have half a brain. Either that all they think nah, your not worth it. Either way that should help with your filtering process."

Just by getting a message I know my profile ain't been read so it's a delete without even opening as my profile states, right at the beginning, don't message if I'm not looking to meet. It really is as simple as that, but still get messages non stop. If it's a constant repeat offender I copy and paste the relevant sentence, if that don't work it's another 1 one on the block list. Some say I'm savage

Post new Message to Thread