Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

Jet2 statement

Jump to newest

By *ifi and dunkie OP   Couple
over a year ago

Chelmsford

Jet2 are repatronising as many as they can by sending out empty aircraft and bringing people home till Saturday evening, if any spare seats on the planes they will take people who cant get back with other airlines.

Last week when they turned the aircraft around mid-flight this was because they found out about all the lockdowns all over europe, so instead of sending people to have a holiday trapped in their hotel rooms, they would rather bring them back, have a full refund and the chance to rebook if they want later on.

As far as I'm told as from next week and as Europe is on lockdown, we are suspending all flights till May 1st unless things change in the meantime.

If they do I will make a new post.

Sorry to all those people who have booked holidays and hope it all works out and we all stay safe and healthy.

Much love

Xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Jet2 are repatronising as many as they can by sending out empty aircraft and bringing people home till Saturday evening, if any spare seats on the planes they will take people who cant get back with other airlines.

Last week when they turned the aircraft around mid-flight this was because they found out about all the lockdowns all over europe, so instead of sending people to have a holiday trapped in their hotel rooms, they would rather bring them back, have a full refund and the chance to rebook if they want later on.

As far as I'm told as from next week and as Europe is on lockdown, we are suspending all flights till May 1st unless things change in the meantime.

If they do I will make a new post.

Sorry to all those people who have booked holidays and hope it all works out and we all stay safe and healthy.

Much love

Xxx"

Thanks for the info, was due to go to PDI in May but that's now a non starter by the looks of things

Hard to know when to re book as this thing could go on for months

Stay safe

By *agman1Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Thanks for the updates x

Was due to fly on the 26th April so guess I'll get an email nearer the time offering a refund.

over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Thanks for the updates x

Was due to fly on the 26th April so guess I'll get an email nearer the time offering a refund."

More than likely yes, they have moved people fro. Loads of different departments to contact people due to fly out to discuss what options they want

Stay safe x

over a year ago

Chelmsford

Also just seen as well that they are offering free fee amendments to dates as well as extra £100 pounds off if booked before 1st of May

over a year ago

We are due to fly to Gran Canaria on the 16th with jet2 but checked our booking today and had an offer to reschedule our trip with no admin fee, nothing yet about a refund but I suppose they are dealing with people with closer departure dates first.

over a year ago

Chelmsford

"We are due to fly to Gran Canaria on the 16th with jet2 but checked our booking today and had an offer to reschedule our trip with no admin fee, nothing yet about a refund but I suppose they are dealing with people with closer departure dates first."

More than likely yes, they have people constantly monitoring the situation and when it gets nearer they will contact you to see what you want to do. Hoping things would start to clear up by then x

By *abcouple1Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Unable to get through to Jet2 today by phone, but fairly quick engagement via Web Chat. Sorted everything and full refund organised there and then. Seems web chat is the way to go!

over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Unable to get through to Jet2 today by phone, but fairly quick engagement via Web Chat. Sorted everything and full refund organised there and then. Seems web chat is the way to go!"

Phones are really busy, glad you got it sorted x

over a year ago

Our flight wasn't until 23rd April but just checked in to "Manage Booking" on Jet2 App and have the flight withdrawn message and an explanation of options available. It does say they are trying to deal with those due to fly soonest, first but at least we have certainty. Well done Jet2, in my opinion

over a year ago

My flight was cancelled after I checked in on Saturday, can't get through on the phones, and can't find live chat, anyone have any ideas as to what happens regarding a refund, or re booking. Thanks in advance

By *crumptiouscplCouple
over a year ago

warrington

When were you due to fly?

We were due on the 4th April but they told us today that they cannot offer any options either refund or rebook etc until nearer the time.

By *our LamourCouple
over a year ago

'near that London'

This is the text message we received from Jet 2 yesterday . We were due to fly out next Thursday:

“We re sorry but we ve had to cancel your flights to the Canary Islands due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We ll be providing you with a full refund, which will appear in your account within the next 28 days. If we ve already been in touch about your cancelled booking, please ignore this message”

over a year ago

"When were you due to fly?

We were due on the 4th April but they told us today that they cannot offer any options either refund or rebook etc until nearer the time."

Have you logged on to App under 'Manage Booking'? Is yours a Jet2 flight, or holiday?

over a year ago

"When were you due to fly?

We were due on the 4th April but they told us today that they cannot offer any options either refund or rebook etc until nearer the time."

was due to fly out on Saturday, on a package holiday with jet 2, got as far as the departure gate, then told it was cancelled and to ring jet 2, but they are obviously very busy, just wondered if they do get in touch with you, add I can't get hold of anyone there

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

"Thanks for the updates x

Was due to fly on the 26th April so guess I'll get an email nearer the time offering a refund."

That’s what we are hoping for too

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

We are suppose to be going with ryaniair at end of April

Told that all flights are grounded for 4 weeks but what happens after that

Surely they won’t start up again as I doubt everything will be back to normal in Gran Canaria by then

Xxx

over a year ago

Hopefully people will remember which airlines treated them fairly and support them going forward and don’t even get tempted to look at the one that it seems, anecdotally, are trying to wriggle out of their obligations.

Hopefully your job is going to be ok OP and thank you for keeping us all updated.

By *uboCouple
over a year ago

East kilbride

"This is the text message we received from Jet 2 yesterday . We were due to fly out next Thursday:

“We re sorry but we ve had to cancel your flights to the Canary Islands due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We ll be providing you with a full refund, which will appear in your account within the next 28 days. If we ve already been in touch about your cancelled booking, please ignore this message” "

We were also due to fly next Thursday and we received the exact same message.

looks like standard message but at least they are on it.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/03/20 08:45:16]

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"We are suppose to be going with ryaniair at end of April

Told that all flights are grounded for 4 weeks but what happens after that

Surely they won’t start up again as I doubt everything will be back to normal in Gran Canaria by then

Xxx"

It's very unlikely they will start up any time soon x

over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Hopefully people will remember which airlines treated them fairly and support them going forward and don’t even get tempted to look at the one that it seems, anecdotally, are trying to wriggle out of their obligations.

Hopefully your job is going to be ok OP and thank you for keeping us all updated.

"

Xxx thank you xxx

By *ingerjo_leeCouple
over a year ago

swinton

We have booked with jet2 and logged on today to find out we can change the date or hotel etc but nothing about a refund, there was a comment box and we have asked for refund because if we move dates of holiday etc it would cost us another £1000 on top of what we have already paid

over a year ago

"We have booked with jet2 and logged on today to find out we can change the date or hotel etc but nothing about a refund, there was a comment box and we have asked for refund because if we move dates of holiday etc it would cost us another £1000 on top of what we have already paid

"

Similarly confused as have received conflicting messages from Jet2. PM'd you guys xx

By *ingerjo_leeCouple
over a year ago

swinton

"We have booked with jet2 and logged on today to find out we can change the date or hotel etc but nothing about a refund, there was a comment box and we have asked for refund because if we move dates of holiday etc it would cost us another £1000 on top of what we have already paid

Similarly confused as have received conflicting messages from Jet2. PM'd you guys xx"

Thanks for your help

By *pussystretcherMan
over a year ago

leven area

"

I was told last week my holiday was suspended as I was due to fly this morning to Tenerife, I logged on to Jet2 website this morning and chatted to a agent to discuss my options and was given a full refund

By *ardfun99Man
over a year ago

York

if you are due to fly out this year in the coming months ,better to reshedule for next year that will save you any loss on existing booking , and just transfered across to new booking for 2021 , with jet2 , best to give circumstances to settle down , with jet2 full refund not guaranteed , as i found out ,only running up until the 1st may 2020, therefore no information after that, so when making a new booking consider timeframe for coronavirus say the possiblity from may 2021 onwards ,best deal ive found for jet2, just a suggestion where possibility for any booking ,dosen,t mean you can use it against any future booking in any destination ,not just canary islands , hope this will help ,

By *ouldlove2Man
over a year ago

worthing

yes should have flown 22nd April -29th, just got a refund from fueling and guess a voucher to fly back to gran Canarias before 31st Dec 2020 no much good i dont think ,

By *ingerjo_leeCouple
over a year ago

swinton

Just had jet2 phone us today and was given full refund should be in our account 3 to 5 days time

Thanks

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Just had jet2 phone us today and was given full refund should be in our account 3 to 5 days time

Thanks "

Great news x

over a year ago

Full refund confirmed by Jet2 this afternoon

over a year ago

Thanks everyone for the advise, got a full refund off jet 2, got through on the phone as well !! Great post by the op, and wonderful responses that really helped

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Full refund confirmed by Jet2 this afternoon "
love

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Thanks everyone for the advise, got a full refund off jet 2, got through on the phone as well !! Great post by the op, and wonderful responses that really helped "

over a year ago

Chelmsford

By *ternal OptimistMan
over a year ago

London

Given how other companies are acting this puts Jet2 top of my list for when life returns to a more normal state

By *forfuntimesCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Given how other companies are acting this puts Jet2 top of my list for when life returns to a more normal state"

For the last few years we have only flown with Jet2 - never had an issue - might be more expensive than some others - but always have great service & flight times

By *havennaturistsCouple
over a year ago

Banff

In May when we planned to return to UK from Fuerteventura, Jet2 are offering flights to Edinburgh way cheaper than Ryanair and they include our usual 10kg of hand baggage too.

Advise everybody to pay for prospective flights using a credit card, then no worries about getting a refund if any airlines fail to survive. The act of paying for a future flight now might even help some to survive.

Post new Message to Thread