Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

Driving through Spain

Jump to newest

By *ara J OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

I asked my fella what was on his bucket-list and he said: "Driving my motorcycle from Bristol to Benidorm."

So for Christmas I booked him and his Suzuki on the Plymouth-Santander ferry in Aug/Sep 2020.

Then he'll drive from Santander to Benidorm.

Eight hours, google tells me.

(I've booked myself on Easyjet to Alicante and we'll meet up in Benidorm where we'll rent a flat for a week or so.)

Does anyone have any experiences of driving this route they'd like to share, or tips etc?

thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eddy and legsCouple
over a year ago

the wetlands

"I asked my fella what was on his bucket-list and he said: "Driving my motorcycle from Bristol to Benidorm."

So for Christmas I booked him and his Suzuki on the Plymouth-Santander ferry in Aug/Sep 2020.

(I've booked myself on Easyjet to Alicante and we'll meet up in Benidorm where we'll rent a flat for a week or so.)

Does anyone have any experiences of driving this route they'd like to share, or tips etc?

thanks

"

Buy him some lightweight protective clothing, it's going to be hot on a motorcycle in spain in August

By *arc and KamaCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

You mean riding on the motorbike from Santander to Benidorm?

It is pointless in my opinion. I would book a ferry to France and go through France and Andorra through Pyrenees.

This is real biking.

Santander to Benidorm is boring route.

In terms of the clothing - enduro armour on the top and light protective trousers.

Plus some waterproof suit.

By *ara J OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Oh well, I've booked it now.

I know he loves Benidorm, so maybe next time.

Thanks

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

There are a couple of different routes he could take (I've done both although by car not bike)

First he could pick up the N 611 to Burgos (very scenic but a few mountain passes to negotiate) then down to Madrid-Albacete-Alicante. The Madrid ring road can be a nightmare if you catch it at the wrong time though.

Alternatively he could cut east toward Bilbao then down through La Rioja (pick up a few bottles) and on to Zaragoza. At Zaragoza pick up the A 23 to Valencia via Teruel then the (now toll free) A(P)7 to Benidorm. The A 23 crosses some quite high ground but is pretty straight, toll free, and usually quiet.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

[Removed by poster at 07/01/20 07:42:16]

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I asked my fella what was on his bucket-list and he said: "Driving my motorcycle from Bristol to Benidorm."

thanks

Buy him some lightweight protective clothing, it's going to be hot on a motorcycle in spain in August"

That is true but both routes I've posted above include some quite high ground and while August should be fine September could be a bit cooler and (if last year is anything to go by) wet.

Just in case you missed it back in the UK. The AP7 toll road between Tarragona and Alicante (including around Benidorm) is now (since Jan 1) toll free.

Post new Message to Thread