Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

Spain ........

Jump to newest

By *ac a fee OP   Couple
over a year ago

dundee

Alicante Valencia region . any ideas as we would love to relocate and live in Spain . any help on job prospects cost etc would be brill .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hamsguy1Man
over a year ago

nr benidorm costa blanca

"Alicante Valencia region . any ideas as we would love to relocate and live in Spain . any help on job prospects cost etc would be brill . "

Hi Ex DEE be happy to help with info but cant pvt you.

By *ac a fee OP   Couple
over a year ago

dundee

"Alicante Valencia region . any ideas as we would love to relocate and live in Spain . any help on job prospects cost etc would be brill .

Hi Ex DEE be happy to help with info but cant pvt you."

sent message …...

By *ralpleaseMan
over a year ago

El Campello, Alicante

It depends on what you are looking for. Whether you want to be among lots of ex Pat's or whether you want to integrate into the Spanish way of life. I have lived here for 4 1/2 years.

Send me a private message

By *ac a fee OP   Couple
over a year ago

dundee

"It depends on what you are looking for. Whether you want to be among lots of ex Pat's or whether you want to integrate into the Spanish way of life. I have lived here for 4 1/2 years.

Send me a private message"

message sent

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hi I've lived in orihuela near torrevieja for 5 years i recently moved to benidorm and plan on moving to Barcelona next year , anything I can help with just ask

By *ac a fee OP   Couple
over a year ago

dundee

"Hi I've lived in orihuela near torrevieja for 5 years i recently moved to benidorm and plan on moving to Barcelona next year , anything I can help with just ask "

thankyou a lot to think about... will be heading over in august to do some home work

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

As said above you need to decide whether you want to live among lots of expats or integrate more into the Spanish way of life.

However you mentioned job prospects which is a subject that could make the decision for you.

Nearly all mainstream jobs in the Spanish sector will require you to speak Spanish to a high standard.

Without good Spanish your prospects will be limited to bar/cleaning/sales jobs in the expat sector which are usually low paid. So there would be no point living in an inland village when your job is on the coast.

Also although Spain is recovering from the recession better than most it still has high unemployment.

The only other advice would be to rent somewhere and try it first.

Don't make the mistake that many others made during the boom years of coming over for a week or two and buying a place straight away. Many found to their cost that buying a place here is much easier than selling one.

By *ralpleaseMan
over a year ago

El Campello, Alicante

All sound advice

By *ac a fee OP   Couple
over a year ago

dundee

"As said above you need to decide whether you want to live among lots of expats or integrate more into the Spanish way of life.

However you mentioned job prospects which is a subject that could make the decision for you.

Nearly all mainstream jobs in the Spanish sector will require you to speak Spanish to a high standard.

Without good Spanish your prospects will be limited to bar/cleaning/sales jobs in the expat sector which are usually low paid. So there would be no point living in an inland village when your job is on the coast.

Also although Spain is recovering from the recession better than most it still has high unemployment.

The only other advice would be to rent somewhere and try it first.

Don't make the mistake that many others made during the boom years of coming over for a week or two and buying a place straight away. Many found to their cost that buying a place here is much easier than selling one."

thankyou for your advice x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m in gibraltar for the next few days if anyone was interested

Post new Message to Thread