Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

Dolores Apartments

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Looking forward to returning to GC in October. Booked for 2 weeks at the Dolores Apartments. Anyone else staying there???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's a terrible place. Didn't you read trip advisor?

over a year ago

We stayed there last year. Clean, slap bang in the middle of everything and a nude terrace to boot.

over a year ago

"It's a terrible place. Didn't you read trip advisor?

"

Agreed....unless you get the block that houses reception, it's a total shithole with rude staff. Handy location, is the only positive thing we could say about it. We moved after 2 nights....only because it took us the second day, to arrange alternative accommodation. We noticed on some if the booking sites, that they were looking £3000+ for some of the popular weeks....I shit you not!!!

By *r swing2Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

It'll be my first time staying there in April, I've heard good and bad things about the place so fingers crossed I get to stop in a nice block.

Are there naked sun roof terraces on each block?

over a year ago

"It'll be my first time staying there in April, I've heard good and bad things about the place so fingers crossed I get to stop in a nice block.

Are there naked sun roof terraces on each block?"

Just the main reception block, that I know of but it's open to all.....def none on Block 3. The complex was also full of families when we stayed, so not adult only, despite what they claim. Wi-Fi is only free for 3 hours and coverage, sporadic. There's much better accommodation out there...

By *r swing2Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

"It'll be my first time staying there in April, I've heard good and bad things about the place so fingers crossed I get to stop in a nice block.

Are there naked sun roof terraces on each block?

Just the main reception block, that I know of but it's open to all.....def none on Block 3. The complex was also full of families when we stayed, so not adult only, despite what they claim. Wi-Fi is only free for 3 hours and coverage, sporadic. There's much better accommodation out there..."

I don't mind as I only wanted a cheap accommodation as I'll only be sleeping there lol.

Fingers crossed I'm not in block 3 then

over a year ago

We went last September and we're in block 3. Very fee people around and definitely no youngsters. It's certainly not the Ritz but as I said earlier it's slap bang in the middle of PDI and it's cheap, very cheap compared to other places in October.

By *ary_JosephCouple
over a year ago

South Shields

We've stayed there twice now....had no dramas with the staff. Reception very friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff friendly and will help you. They will give you extra towels, sheets, etc. Apartments are basic but clean...naked sunbathing on top of two blocks, open to adults only. Location great for beach and Cita Centre as well as Sandia Centre. Cheap and cheerful and would happily stay there again.

over a year ago

"We've stayed there twice now....had no dramas with the staff. Reception very friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff friendly and will help you. They will give you extra towels, sheets, etc. Apartments are basic but clean...naked sunbathing on top of two blocks, open to adults only. Location great for beach and Cita Centre as well as Sandia Centre. Cheap and cheerful and would happily stay there again. "

Were you there at the new year? We were

By *r swing2Man
over a year ago

Nottingham

"We've stayed there twice now....had no dramas with the staff. Reception very friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff friendly and will help you. They will give you extra towels, sheets, etc. Apartments are basic but clean...naked sunbathing on top of two blocks, open to adults only. Location great for beach and Cita Centre as well as Sandia Centre. Cheap and cheerful and would happily stay there again. "

over a year ago

Each to their own...wouldn't stay there again, if they paid us

over a year ago

"Each to their own...wouldn't stay there again, if they paid us "

Totally agree, the place is a dump. Only one building has a lift. Even if you are on the 1st floor of the other blocks you still have about 4 flights of stairs to deal with and it’s like a maze.

over a year ago

"Each to their own...wouldn't stay there again, if they paid us

Totally agree, the place is a dump. Only one building has a lift. Even if you are on the 1st floor of the other blocks you still have about 4 flights of stairs to deal with and it’s like a maze."

there weren't even any working lights, in the stairwell of Block 3, making late night return, to upper floor, tricky. You can't polish a turd.....it's a shite place to stay.

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

We have stayed there twice now, and on both occasions it has been spotlessly clean, with helpful staff, a great naked sun terrace on the roof and in a great location. We were on the ground floor of the rear block on both occasions and although the apartment was compact, it had everything we needed. We have never seen it be anything other than adults only. We are booked again in April & September.

By *vesham cplCouple
over a year ago

Evesham

We were there in October and have booked again, no problem with it and found the staff reasonably friendly. There are only 3 floors (and ground) so a lift isn't really required, unless of course you require disabled access and then I would assume a ground floor room would be OK.

Yes it's basic but for £40 a night it's a bargain as only 2 minutes from cita centre so an easy walk home at 4 in the morning lol.

Then again, maybe we are just a basic couple lol xx

over a year ago

There are clearly differences between blocks 1,2 and 3, so people will have had different experiences. We actually e-mailed ahead, requesting the main reception block but ended up on 2nd floor, of block 3. No lift, wasn't an issue for us....but the stairs switch back, so effectively 6 flights, to get to second floor...without a single light working. The shower was disgusting, cracked and dirty and the single light fitting, in the bathroom, was hanging off the wall. We did credit, previously, that the beds were clean and comfortable but the apartment, overall was of a very poor standard. We didn't think it was fair to advertise as free Wi-Fi, only to find it was free for only 3 hours and the signal in block 3 was very weak/intermittent. Our experience was that there were families with children and infants, that's simply a fact. It's also a fact that staff were less than friendly 1) when we asked about our request for block 1 and 2) when they never even blinked an eyelid when we checked out 6 nights early...it gave impression that this happened regularly.

We also acknowledged it's a great location, handy to everywhere...we can see it from the accommodation we normally stay in. Judge fit yourself but it's better that people see the different perspectives, of people who have stayed there. We won't be back....much better out there, for similar price.

over a year ago

We stayed there last Sept, we won't be going back. Very disappointing despite the price.

Post new Message to Thread