Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

PDI/Maspalomas beach - filthy habit!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not long back from a week in Maspalomas (relaxing holiday not swinging). The beach is absolutely superb but, in certain areas, is spoilt by filthy, ignorant people openly urinating in the sand. This is particularly bad immediately behind the gay men's sunbathing area. Despite it only being 50 cents to use the toilet cabin, literally hundreds of men a day just walk to the back of the sunbeds and urinate at the foot of the sand dunes (NOT even hidden behind the dunes) - the stench as you walk along the back is truly awful and they openly pee in front of women and children walking by or sitting on top of the dunes.

Utterly disgusting behaviour - particularly when children are then to be seen later doing "roly poly' down said dunes right into the stench trench, oblivious of its existence.

The same can be said about the area around Kiosk 4, although here they do tend to walk a little further away but you can see and smell crystallised urine in huge pools at the rear.

Pretty sad situation really and the people concerned ought to be ashamed of themselves - although judging by their cocky, arrogant demeanour; they clearly aren't.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Around Kiosk 4 you have no option, either the sea or in the dunes. It's not plesant I admit.

I would of thought being a Watersport lover you might of enjoyed the spectacle.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Around Kiosk 4 you have no option, either the sea or in the dunes. It's not plesant I admit.

I would of thought being a Watersport lover you might of enjoyed the spectacle.

"

You do have an option at Kiosk 4 - at least a fella does - pee in one of your empty water bottles - take it back with you and pour it down your hotel toilet. I suppose a lady could do this too but she would have to have a remarkable aim and be able to maintain a constant, steady flow

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Kiosk 4 is only a 250 yard walk to the toilet cabin which is just past the gay beach,It has already been pointed out that it's only 50c to use and has a handbasin to wash your hands afterwards. I guess its down to laziness but have to agree it's does leave a fault horrible odour in the gully between the dunes.

Post new Message to Thread