Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

Tenerife scene

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Looking about exploring the Fab scene in Tenerife, is there more than one club? Is it most active in October to March like Gran Canaria. Any info, places to stay, nude beaches, Clubs and Bars etc welcome

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

With Tenerife. Pretty much centred around Mystique in Adeje.

So a flight to Tenerife South and look for accommodation in Las Americas, Adeje, Los Cris is your best best. There are adult hotels, but nothing swing centric to my knowledge.

There used to be a few private parties, but our recommendation would be to stay in one of those resorts, hit Mystique and you’ll get the odd few couples on vacation that you may hook up with.

Hope this helps.

52 weeks ago

"With Tenerife. Pretty much centred around Mystique in Adeje.

So a flight to Tenerife South and look for accommodation in Las Americas, Adeje, Los Cris is your best best. There are adult hotels, but nothing swing centric to my knowledge.

There used to be a few private parties, but our recommendation would be to stay in one of those resorts, hit Mystique and you’ll get the odd few couples on vacation that you may hook up with.

Hope this helps."

Very helpful thanks, helps with the hunt for a suitable airbnb. It's a Holiday first and any fun will be a nice bonus but just can't be bothered with all the crap surrounding Playa del Ingles. If the forums are anything to go by it's just boozed up Brits abroad now and the Club scene has become basically segregated into Brits and others when from talking to others it previously was a real mix of nationalities. Thanks again you guys really seem to know the scene inside out

By *wingerstenerifeCouple
52 weeks ago

San Eugenio, Costa Adeje, Tenerife

[Removed by poster at 27/06/23 20:58:44]

52 weeks ago

Hope this helps.

Very helpful thanks, helps with the hunt for a suitable airbnb. It's a Holiday first and any fun will be a nice bonus but just can't be bothered with all the crap surrounding Playa del Ingles. If the forums are anything to go by it's just boozed up Brits abroad now and the Club scene has become basically segregated into Brits and others when from talking to others it previously was a real mix of nationalities. Thanks again you guys really seem to know the scene inside out"

At club Mystique it is mostly 60/70% Spanish and the rest international tourism from all over the world....all year round.

Always a good mix

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mixed for couples and singles

Every Saturday minimum 60/70 couples or more....a few single ladies and max 5/6 men with invitation

Nora

52 weeks ago

Hope this helps.

Very helpful thanks, helps with the hunt for a suitable airbnb. It's a Holiday first and any fun will be a nice bonus but just can't be bothered with all the crap surrounding Playa del Ingles. If the forums are anything to go by it's just boozed up Brits abroad now and the Club scene has become basically segregated into Brits and others when from talking to others it previously was a real mix of nationalities. Thanks again you guys really seem to know the scene inside out

At club Mystique it is mostly 60/70% Spanish and the rest international tourism from all over the world....all year round.

Always a good mix

Every Saturday minimum 60/70 couples or more....a few single ladies and max 5/6 men with invitation

Nora"

Sounds perfect, many thanks, roll on October!!

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

Hope this helps.

Very helpful thanks, helps with the hunt for a suitable airbnb. It's a Holiday first and any fun will be a nice bonus but just can't be bothered with all the crap surrounding Playa del Ingles. If the forums are anything to go by it's just boozed up Brits abroad now and the Club scene has become basically segregated into Brits and others when from talking to others it previously was a real mix of nationalities. Thanks again you guys really seem to know the scene inside out"

You’re very welcome.

Granted it’s not the swinging scene of PDI, but you’ll definitely get your fair share of boozed up Brits, typically around the Veronica strip.

We’ve been around for a good few years, so think we have a good idea. Definitely a changing landscape and culture over the years.

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

"

Always a good mix

Nora"

We shall be seeing you in July/August Haven’t been since you moved to Adeje so looking forward to our first holiday in Tenerife for a good few years.

Mystiques and Barraquitos

52 weeks ago

Hope this helps.

You’re very welcome.

Granted it’s not the swinging scene of PDI, but you’ll definitely get your fair share of boozed up Brits, typically around the Veronica strip.

We’ve been around for a good few years, so think we have a good idea. Definitely a changing landscape and culture over the years."

We tend to avoid the boozed up Brits abroad scene but generally found the Playa del Ingles scene too politicised to be bothered.

We like the sound of the mixed crowd and bigger numbers of Mystique but will judge it on what we find.

The Club owners in Playa del Ingles need to wake up and smell the coffee, a competitor in business that acts as your friend, is in fact your biggest enemy. Business 101

Now have to brush up on my Tenerifian, or whatever they speak there

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

"

We tend to avoid the boozed up Brits abroad scene but generally found the Playa del Ingles scene too politicised to be bothered.

We like the sound of the mixed crowd and bigger numbers of Mystique but will judge it on what we find.

The Club owners in Playa del Ingles need to wake up and smell the coffee, a competitor in business that acts as your friend, is in fact your biggest enemy. Business 101

Now have to brush up on my Tenerifian, or whatever they speak there "

Not too sure about any PDI politics. We head there for a holiday with added swinging and have always had a great time.

We get on with all the owners there and every single one of them have been warm, welcoming, kind and friendly to us.

Though we could say this about the other businesses too, eg restaurants, hotels.

Of course we have our favourite bars, restaurants, hotels, clubs and whatnot. And I’d say we’ve been fortunate to date to have had fantastic experiences all round in Gran Canaria. Long may that continue.

As for Tenerifian, “dos cerveza por favor” always seems to be a winner. works in Gran Canaria too haha

If you enjoy coffee, and don’t mind sweet, then I’d recommend having a barraquito if you’re at a restaurant instead of a dessert. Bear in mind that no two are made the same there, so definitely try a few places if it’s up your street.

52 weeks ago

"

Now have to brush up on my Tenerifian, or whatever they speak there

Not too sure about any PDI politics. We head there for a holiday with added swinging and have always had a great time.

We get on with all the owners there and every single one of them have been warm, welcoming, kind and friendly to us.

Though we could say this about the other businesses too, eg restaurants, hotels.

Of course we have our favourite bars, restaurants, hotels, clubs and whatnot. And I’d say we’ve been fortunate to date to have had fantastic experiences all round in Gran Canaria. Long may that continue.

As for Tenerifian, “dos cerveza por favor” always seems to be a winner. works in Gran Canaria too haha

If you enjoy coffee, and don’t mind sweet, then I’d recommend having a barraquito if you’re at a restaurant instead of a dessert. Bear in mind that no two are made the same there, so definitely try a few places if it’s up your street. "

No worries, my other half is the coffee lover and thankfully also fluent in Spanish and often points out the differences with the Canarian dialect, which is lost on me, apart from learning to say Gracia and not Gracias, or Grassy ass, as most say it lol

By *I TwoCouple
52 weeks ago

all around

It seems someone can get a great insight into the PDI scene based on two visits when others here have been going for a decade or more and don't seem to share the view ?

I'd say based on previous experiences that there's a lot more boozy Brits in Tenerife that Gran Canaria who we would say is predominantly Germans and Scandinavians but I guess it's about who you seek out or attract.

Enjoy your hols and let us know what Mystique ismlole as we have been thinking of trying it next year xx

By *I TwoCouple
52 weeks ago

all around

*what mystique is like .. fat fingers on a phone lol

52 weeks ago

"It seems someone can get a great insight into the PDI scene based on two visits when others here have been going for a decade or more and don't seem to share the view ?

I'd say based on previous experiences that there's a lot more boozy Brits in Tenerife that Gran Canaria who we would say is predominantly Germans and Scandinavians but I guess it's about who you seek out or attract.

Enjoy your hols and let us know what Mystique ismlole as we have been thinking of trying it next year xx"

Perhaps some 'old timers' can't see the forest for the trees? First impressions definitely count and are equally as valid as those that protest so strongly when faced with criticism of their favourite Club. I certainly wouldn't be talking down a mixed(and not wholly critical)review of a Club from a relatively new(to Fab) couple. It's an honestly held view of what we experienced.

We may have only visited Playa del Ingles 3(yes 3)times now but as stated, we have friends who first brought us to Playa del Ingles and reminisced about the past. I don't automatically count the views of any Club owner as being unbiased and they certainly aren't independently held views but some are more accepting of criticism than others.

We are certainly looking forward to visiting Mystique and as I said, we tend to avoid the boozed up Brits abroad scene, so hopefully Tenerife will turn out to be a pleasurable adventure.

52 weeks ago

"

Always a good mix

Nora

We shall be seeing you in July/August Haven’t been since you moved to Adeje so looking forward to our first holiday in Tenerife for a good few years.

Mystiques and Barraquitos "

Ufff a lot have been changed in 4,5 years we have moved to San Eugenio, lovely to see you soon XX Nora

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

"

Always a good mix

Nora

Mystiques and Barraquitos

Ufff a lot have been changed in 4,5 years we have moved to San Eugenio, lovely to see you soon XX Nora "

Haha Yes we’ve heard a lot of good things.

We loved the previous location. It was always lovely to be on the terrace hearing the ocean waves, but nevertheless, it’s now a fond memory and we’re very much looking forward seeing Mystique in it’s new entirety. x

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

"No worries, my other half is the coffee lover and thankfully also fluent in Spanish and often points out the differences with the Canarian dialect, which is lost on me, apart from learning to say Gracia and not Gracias, or Grassy ass, as most say it lol"

Lol Grassy ass. That’s my dad all over.

Ah very nice. Since travelling the the south of Spain and Latin America, I tend (and prefer) to speak Spanish with their tendencies.

When heading to the Dominican Republic, armed with my Castilian Spanish, I was quickly mimicked with what’s all this lisping sounds. So Bar-th-elona quickly became Bar-s-elona and I’ve never looked back pronouncing the ‘th’ sound as a ‘s’.

By *I TwoCouple
52 weeks ago

all around

"It seems someone can get a great insight into the PDI scene based on two visits when others here have been going for a decade or more and don't seem to share the view ?

Enjoy your hols and let us know what Mystique ismlole as we have been thinking of trying it next year xx

Perhaps some 'old timers' can't see the forest for the trees? First impressions definitely count and are equally as valid as those that protest so strongly when faced with criticism of their favourite Club. I certainly wouldn't be talking down a mixed(and not wholly critical)review of a Club from a relatively new(to Fab) couple. It's an honestly held view of what we experienced.

We may have only visited Playa del Ingles 3(yes 3)times now but as stated, we have friends who first brought us to Playa del Ingles and reminisced about the past. I don't automatically count the views of any Club owner as being unbiased and they certainly aren't independently held views but some are more accepting of criticism than others.

We are certainly looking forward to visiting Mystique and as I said, we tend to avoid the boozed up Brits abroad scene, so hopefully Tenerife will turn out to be a pleasurable adventure."

Assuming you're having a personal dig at us as usual, you need to use the green arrow my friend.

We don't have "a" favourite club in PDI, we have several we like and in fact there are very few if any we would give a negative review on. Reading words other than what's written seems quite popular nowadays though.

However, going to a club on "gentlemen's" night and complaining about too many single guys takes the medal lol

Enjoy Tenerife xx

52 weeks ago

We are certainly looking forward to visiting Mystique and as I said, we tend to avoid the boozed up Brits abroad scene, so hopefully Tenerife will turn out to be a pleasurable adventure.

Assuming you're having a personal dig at us as usual, you need to use the green arrow my friend.

We don't have "a" favourite club in PDI, we have several we like and in fact there are very few if any we would give a negative review on. Reading words other than what's written seems quite popular nowadays though.

However, going to a club on "gentlemen's" night and complaining about too many single guys takes the medal lol

Enjoy Tenerife xx"

You assume a lot, don't you? To clarify, it was a generalisation and as you raised the matter, did we ever say we went on a gentleman's night?? I really can't understand your persistence in commenting on every post we make and then saying we have an issue with you. Oh and we've been filled in about some of the comments by you and your allies and frankly, found it hilarious that that's what you think but if it keeps you all happy that's a good thing lol

By *I TwoCouple
52 weeks ago

all around

Enjoy Tenerife xx

You assume a lot, don't you? To clarify, it was a generalisation and as you raised the matter, did we ever say we went on a gentleman's night?? I really can't understand your persistence in commenting on every post we make and then saying we have an issue with you. Oh and we've been filled in about some of the comments by you and your allies and frankly, found it hilarious that that's what you think but if it keeps you all happy that's a good thing lol"

Actually you did say you were there on gentlemens night and the thread got deleted

We comment on quite a few posts, that's what forums are for, PM are for private messaging

Hopefully you'll find happiness in Tenerife though and I really mean that xx

Well enjoy ALL the clubs in PDI as we always have.

By *arry and MegsCouple
52 weeks ago

Ipswich

Were also thinking of going to Tenerife although we haven't been to Gran Canaria yet.

Is Tenerife just as good for clubs ? We heard Gran Canaria is full of Germans

By (user no longer on site)
52 weeks ago

Staying in adeje in July anyone else there 18th onwards for a month or so ?

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Were also thinking of going to Tenerife although we haven't been to Gran Canaria yet.

Is Tenerife just as good for clubs ? We heard Gran Canaria is full of Germans "

Definitely go and enjoy them both.

Tenerife has one swinging club; Mystique.

Gran Canaria has an abundance of swinging clubs. There are plenty of Germans. Plenty of Brits, plenty of Irish, plenty of Dutch, plenty of Scandinavians, plenty of Spanish and of course, plenty of Canarians.

It’s one thing we love is that you get the opportunity to meet with swingers from Europe and across the world and exchange stories and learn about variances in swinging culture.

By *arry and MegsCouple
52 weeks ago

Ipswich

"Were also thinking of going to Tenerife although we haven't been to Gran Canaria yet.

Gran Canaria has an abundance of swinging clubs. There are plenty of Germans. Plenty of Brits, plenty of Irish, plenty of Dutch, plenty of Scandinavians, plenty of Spanish and of course, plenty of Canarians.

It’s one thing we love is that you get the opportunity to meet with swingers from Europe and across the world and exchange stories and learn about variances in swinging culture."

Thank you very much, we were just teasing about the Germans lol

Mr spent a lot of time working with Germans actually and speaks fluent German

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

It’s one thing we love is that you get the opportunity to meet with swingers from Europe and across the world and exchange stories and learn about variances in swinging culture.

Mr spent a lot of time working with Germans actually and speaks fluent German "

Sehr güt. No worries. Just answering your question.

But there’s plenty of vanilla German bars in the Cita that are football themed, depending on who you support. And a bit of a similar pattern in La Sandia. So if you visit, definitely head to Sweet Moments in Sandia. Great little swinging bar.

52 weeks ago

Mr spent a lot of time working with Germans actually and speaks fluent German

Sehr güt. No worries. Just answering your question.

But there’s plenty of vanilla German bars in the Cita that are football themed, depending on who you support. And a bit of a similar pattern in La Sandia. So if you visit, definitely head to Sweet Moments in Sandia. Great little swinging bar. "

Are there any Bars similar to Sweet Moments, or Comeback, Black Bulldog etc in Tenerife?

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

"

Are there any Bars similar to Sweet Moments, or Comeback, Black Bulldog etc in Tenerife?"

To my knowledge, I don’t believe there is.

Although would be better if John or Nora from Mystique answer that question.

And if there isn’t, maybe an opportunity?

52 weeks ago

"

Are there any Bars similar to Sweet Moments, or Comeback, Black Bulldog etc in Tenerife?

And if there isn’t, maybe an opportunity? "

Absolutely an opportunity, or maybe they aren't as liberal minded in Tenerife as Gran Canaria, for licensing?

52 weeks ago

It’s one thing we love is that you get the opportunity to meet with swingers from Europe and across the world and exchange stories and learn about variances in swinging culture."

Actually there are 4 Swinger clubs in Tenerife:

Club "Mystique" in San Eugenio, Adeje

Club "Nefertiti" in Pueblo canario, Arona

Club "O la la" in Puerto de la cruz

Club "Sol Alcapali" in Puerto de la Cruz

Xx Nora

By *ustusboth2013Couple
52 weeks ago

Birmingham

Ah interesting.

Didn’t even know.

52 weeks ago

Xx Nora "

Wow

51 weeks ago

"

Absolutely an opportunity, or maybe they aren't as liberal minded in Tenerife as Gran Canaria, for licensing?"

It's not about the quantity but quality!!!!!

There were 2 other clubs more in the south before the "pandemic" but they never opened after....

This has nothing to do with licensing because it's all the same in Spain!

By *orthsouth4957Couple
51 weeks ago

Telford

We are thinking of going to Tenerife in October so find all the information helpful so thank you

By *ustusboth2013Couple
51 weeks ago

Birmingham

Totally agree with quality, but competition does also drive quality.

A monopoly isn’t always good to the consumer so it’s nice to have customer choice.

I think the difference is that in Tenerife, they’re not all in close proximity.

Having said this, what we would say is our visits to Mystique have always been fantastic and if any other clubs did try to open in the area, they would have their work cut out as Mystique have set the bar very high with their standards.

So high that we didn’t even notice the other clubs

Lovely club, very chic and stylish and super friendly, warm and welcoming hosts, who make a great cocktail.

We’re very much looking forward to our vacation to Tenerife in three weeks time. And equally looking forward to getting to Mystiques again.

See you soon. xx

51 weeks ago

"

Absolutely an opportunity, or maybe they aren't as liberal minded in Tenerife as Gran Canaria, for licensing?

It's not about the quantity but quality!!!!!

There were 2 other clubs more in the south before the "pandemic" but they never opened after....

This has nothing to do with licensing because it's all the same in Spain!"

The comment was about Meeting Points/Bars, similar to Comeback, not Clubs? We have already identified the plethora of Clubs that have emerged in Playa del Ingles and how it has effected things and fully realise that Clubs have to exist year round and how too many Clubs impacts on the likely profitability of that. We're certainly not of the 'build it and they will come' mindset.

From reading back, Mystique has the support for many years and I believe one well supported Club surpasses there being too many, half empty Clubs. Look forward to visiting and seeing for ourselves

51 weeks ago

"Totally agree with quality, but competition does also drive quality.

A monopoly isn’t always good to the consumer so it’s nice to have customer choice.

I think the difference is that in Tenerife, they’re not all in close proximity.

Having said this, what we would say is our visits to Mystique have always been fantastic and if any other clubs did try to open in the area, they would have their work cut out as Mystique have set the bar very high with their standards.

So high that we didn’t even notice the other clubs

Lovely club, very chic and stylish and super friendly, warm and welcoming hosts, who make a great cocktail.

We’re very much looking forward to our vacation to Tenerife in three weeks time. And equally looking forward to getting to Mystiques again.

See you soon. xx "

By *outhwilts63Man
51 weeks ago

Gazing into the fist of Dredd

Going to Los Cristianos in October, so be interesting to see what's going in then.

By (user no longer on site)
51 weeks ago

Xx Nora "

Plenty of fun to be had

Counting down the days be there 2 weeks 2day for a month

By *urious-couple33Couple
51 weeks ago

Wales/ Tenerife

Reading the thread best to stay in Torviscas or San Eugenio. Over towards Las Americas is rough. Around Torviscas and San Eugenio there are plenty of nice bars.

Post new Message to Thread