Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

Lifting of restrictions

Jump to newest

By *uffymayfair OP   Couple
over a year ago

Almeria

Just read restrictions from the UK to Spain lifted as from may 24th. Not sure who has decided that, and it was on FB so possibly not true

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

San Fernando, Gran Canaria

"Just read restrictions from the UK to Spain lifted as from may 24th. Not sure who has decided that, and it was on FB so possibly not true "

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/british-tourists-now-allowed-spain

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/05/21 09:39:28]

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Good news.x

By *iquidsilkCouple
over a year ago

Fife

Just been on Sky News.

Spain is still on the UK amber list so the UK restrictions still apply.

over a year ago

La Recomendación (UE) 2020/912 del Consejo, de 30 de junio, sobre la restricción temporal de los viajes no esenciales a la Unión Europea y el posible levantamiento de dicha restricción, estableció un listado de terceros países cuyos residentes quedaban exentos de las restricciones de viaje a la Unión Europea, así como un conjunto de categorías específicas de personas también exentas de esas restricciones, independientemente de su lugar de procedencia. Esta Recomendación ha sido modificada en sucesivas ocasiones para ir adaptando el listado de terceros países a las circunstancias epidemiológicas.

La Recomendación del Consejo y sus modificaciones han sido aplicadas en España mediante la Orden INT/595/2020, de 2 de julio, por la que se modifican los criterios para la aplicación de una restricción temporal de viajes no imprescindibles desde terceros países a la Unión Europea y países asociados Schengen por razones de orden público y salud pública con motivo de la crisis sanitaria ocasionada por la COVID-19, y la Orden INT/657/2020, de 17 de julio, del mismo título, con sus prórrogas y modificaciones, la última de ellas mediante la Orden INT/448/2021, de 10 de mayo, que introducía en el anexo a Israel.

En la actualidad, se debate en el seno del Consejo de la Unión europea, una modificación de la Recomendación (UE) 2020/912 que es previsible que permita la inclusión del Reino Unido y de Japón entre los países exentos de restricciones. Varios Estados miembros ya los colocan en esa posición privilegiada.

Por lo que se refiere al Reino Unido, España recibe anualmente un número de visitantes que no sólo es especialmente relevante en términos absolutos sino también relativos, por lo que muchos sectores económicos necesitan adaptar sus capacidades con anticipación a los cambios que se produzcan en fronteras.

En vista de lo anteriormente expuesto, y tras consultar con los demás ministerios afectados, se modifica la Orden INT/657/2020, de 17 de julio, con el fin de incluir al Reino Unido y a Japón en su anexo. La entrada en vigor de este cambio se fija para las 00:00 horas del 24 de mayo de 2021.

This is from the official BOE. Yes it’s all Spanish but there it is in black and white

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Now flashing across Sky News.

Breaking news: "Spain to allow people from UK and Japan to visit the country for non-essential purposes without the need for a negative test from Monday 24th May"

over a year ago

Still have to quarantine and have 2 tests on your return regardless what Spain allows.

over a year ago

"Still have to quarantine and have 2 tests on your return regardless what Spain allows. "

Yes that’s true, but things are definitely going in the right direction.

Today the @boegob publishes the order of the central government that includes the United Kingdom in the list of countries exempt from restrictions to travel to Spain. Good news for tourism in the Canary Islands. Now the decision is in the hands of the British government: we trust it will include us soon.

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

So confused now.

Yesterday was fine to travel without an essential reason.

I'm due out tomorrow morning.

But uk gov says restrictions for spain and belearic Islands but excluding canary islands

Give up

over a year ago

Summary

Still current at:

21 May 2021

Updated:

20 May 2021

Latest update:

Further information on Schengen border controls on arrival in Spain where passengers who meet entry requirements may be asked to demonstrate sufficient funds for their stay, present a return or onward ticket, and proof of accommodation (‘Entry requirements’ page)

The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

FCDO did an update yesterday still okay to fly here! As per FCDO rules!

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple
over a year ago

Swansea

The .gov web site has been saying that for weeks. Get regular updates in ref to spain and since at least december title say essential travel only to spain and the balierics but exclunding the canaries. Just need uk gov to clarify canaries on green list

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

From what i see can still fly but restrictions only lifted monday with no need for a pcr.. but can still travel before with a pcr.

My head hurts

over a year ago

"The .gov web site has been saying that for weeks. Get regular updates in ref to spain and since at least december title say essential travel only to spain and the balierics but exclunding the canaries. Just need uk gov to clarify canaries on green list "

Hopefully that’s going to happen on the next update, but we will need to wait and see. 2000 live cases over 2.1 Million people is not much. Next week we will have done over 1,000,000 jabs. The 70% target of adults are 1.300,000. There is not much more we can do.....

over a year ago

My head hurts , so if the canaries get put on the green light , do you still need to do the tests before you go and before you return home

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Do the airlines not ask for a negative test?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"My head hurts , so if the canaries get put on the green light , do you still need to do the tests before you go and before you return home "

I can't find anything on the FCO site to the contrary, check with your airline

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

https://www.canarianweekly.com/posts/spanish-pm-confirms-brits-no-pcr-test

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
over a year ago

Reading

It’s not difficult. If Spain / Canaries are Amber you’ll need to test and quarantine on your return to the UK for a maximum of 10 days. It’s at your risk of you travel against guidelines.

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

[Removed by poster at 21/05/21 22:22:51]

By *otts24FunMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 22/05/21 06:43:20]

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"It’s not difficult. If Spain / Canaries are Amber you’ll need to test and quarantine on your return to the UK for a maximum of 10 days. It’s at your risk of you travel against guidelines. "
Exactly i cannot for the life of me see why people cannot understand simple instructions.

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It’s not difficult. If Spain / Canaries are Amber you’ll need to test and quarantine on your return to the UK for a maximum of 10 days. It’s at your risk of you travel against guidelines. "

The FCDO currently says it is safe to travel to the Canary islands, although it is an amber list country.

By *athy1Couple
over a year ago

bournemouth

"It’s not difficult. If Spain / Canaries are Amber you’ll need to test and quarantine on your return to the UK for a maximum of 10 days. It’s at your risk of you travel against guidelines. Exactly i cannot for the life of me see why people cannot understand simple instructions.

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go."

Yep seems pretty obvious to me same as if your sat at the lights in your car green GO red and amber DONT GO

over a year ago

Well from Monday people can travel to Gran Canaria with negative test and isolation when they get home. I don't think it will be long before we are on the Green List though.

It won't take long for the airlines to open flights once that's all done.

Some people like going abroad for holidays and it will be worth the wait and expense for them to do so

At the end of the day it's been a shitty time for alot of people why not have something to look forward to? If it's a week in a hot foreign country or at home in the UK on a staycation, either way everyone deserves that.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Well from Monday people can travel to Gran Canaria with negative test and isolation when they get home. I don't think it will be long before we are on the Green List though.

It won't take long for the airlines to open flights once that's all done.

Some people like going abroad for holidays and it will be worth the wait and expense for them to do so

At the end of the day it's been a shitty time for alot of people why not have something to look forward to? If it's a week in a hot foreign country or at home in the UK on a staycation, either way everyone deserves that."

Quite right!

By *enandlisaCouple
over a year ago

Burnley'ish

"It’s not difficult. If Spain / Canaries are Amber you’ll need to test and quarantine on your return to the UK for a maximum of 10 days. It’s at your risk of you travel against guidelines.

The FCDO currently says it is safe to travel to the Canary islands, although it is an amber list country."

I trust you have booked to go then after such positive news

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"It’s not difficult. If Spain / Canaries are Amber you’ll need to test and quarantine on your return to the UK for a maximum of 10 days. It’s at your risk of you travel against guidelines.

The FCDO currently says it is safe to travel to the Canary islands, although it is an amber list country.

I trust you have booked to go then after such positive news "

Maybe

By *otts24FunMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

"It’s not difficult. If Spain / Canaries are Amber you’ll need to test and quarantine on your return to the UK for a maximum of 10 days. It’s at your risk of you travel against guidelines. Exactly i cannot for the life of me see why people cannot understand simple instructions.

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go."

Amber - Don’t go is not law. Only advice.

By *p4it696955Man
over a year ago

all over

Bluebells

I'm outside your age group so I can't message you please make me a friend I think you're beautiful

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go.

Amber - Don’t go is not law. Only advice."

Yes its all advice if you are a uk citizen or have residence rights not law but it has consequences on return

red = take a test before retuning and 10 days quarentine in a gov approved hotel.

amber = take a test on or before day 2 self quarentine for 10 days and pay for a test on day 8.

green = take a test on or before day 2

as i said its really not rocket science.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go.

Yes its all advice if you are a uk citizen or have residence rights not law but it has consequences on return

red = take a test before retuning and 10 days quarentine in a gov approved hotel.

amber = take a test on or before day 2 self quarentine for 10 days and pay for a test on day 8.

as i said its really not rocket science."

People will make their own choices. I certainly wouldn't travel to a red country, with the cost of the hotel quarantine!

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

The announcement on Friday effective from Monday isn't much help with hardly any direct flights to GC until Friday. This takes us to the 28th. With Reyes Moroto set to drop border controls on the 30th anyway it isn't a big deal.

If you arrive on the 28th and have booked for two weeks then this takes you past the next evaluation of traffic light system on the 7th of June. With the Canaries expected to be declared green based on epidemiological data it may well be these people won’t have to quarantine on return.

So it's a gamble. Once the Canaries are declared green, supply and demand may drive airline prices up.

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

Well countries like Germany and the Netherlands have decalared the Canaries green.

So you have to ask whether the exclusion of Canaries from the green list was because of infection rates in the Canaries or whether it was a tit for tat reaction to Spain blocking all incoming since December. If this the case and you want to forego your holiday because of petty politics, that's your choice. We will toast our absent friends from Kiosk 6

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Well countries like Germany and the Netherlands have decalared the Canaries green.

So you have to ask whether the exclusion of Canaries from the green list was because of infection rates in the Canaries or whether it was a tit for tat reaction to Spain blocking all incoming since December. If this the case and you want to forego your holiday because of petty politics, that's your choice. We will toast our absent friends from Kiosk 6 "

Germany have declared the UK red from Sunday.

By *otts24FunMan
over a year ago

Nottingham

Amber - Or do the 5 day test and release

You pay your money and take your chances.

We went at Christmas and all the testing etc was fine

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go.

as i said its really not rocket science."

By *izandpaulCouple
over a year ago

merseyside

All booked for 3 weeks in GC, Fuertuventura and Lanzarote.

Early September 2021.

Can't wait.

over a year ago

For the time being masks are mandatory here so if you're flying out soon, remember anytime you go outside to put your mask on or risk getting a €100 fine

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

Good morning....

I like marmite....

The end

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

"Good morning....

I like marmite....

The end

"

Good morning

Had a good breakfast then?

By *uffymayfair OP   Couple
over a year ago

Almeria

I heard this morning they are talking about relaxing the mask requirement, indoors only, hopefully it will happen

By *eadingCouple1963Couple
over a year ago

Reading

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go.

People will make their own choices. I certainly wouldn't travel to a red country, with the cost of the hotel quarantine!"

And what about an Amber country?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Red = dont go

amber = dont go

green go.

People will make their own choices. I certainly wouldn't travel to a red country, with the cost of the hotel quarantine!

And what about an Amber country? "

I would consider the Canaries, as the FCO are not advising against travel there and hopefully soon they will be on the green list

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

over a year ago

Well UK Gov email update about travel to Spain, in particular GC,

- ALL travel to the island is allowed without COVID-19 test

-Antigen may test needed for any tourist accommodation no more than 72 hrs before arrival

-If you have travelled to or from or through a red list country in the past 14 days you DO need a negative COVID-19 test result

-Passenger locator form must be filled out no more than 48 hrs before travel

-Isolation and COVID-19 test when back in the UK.

As it stands here...

-Masks on when outside, in shops and supermarkets.

-Masks can be removed when eating and or drinking but put back on when leaving the table (eg: going to the bar, toilet, leaving the establishment or to pay)

-Inside eating and drinking allowed with 4 people to a table. 6 people on an outside table.

-No curfew but pubs, clubs and restaurants must be closed and empty of customers by midnight. You are allowed to walk home (wearing a mask) or wait for a taxi. No congregation on the streets any other time after midnight.

That's the gist. Not too sure how the lifestyle clubs are operating as have been far too busy to go to one but I'm sure you sexy lot can find out

By *ickerMan
over a year ago

Preston

"Well UK Gov email update about travel to Spain, in particular GC,

- ALL travel to the island is allowed without COVID-19 test

-Antigen may test needed for any tourist accommodation no more than 72 hrs before arrival

-If you have travelled to or from or through a red list country in the past 14 days you DO need a negative COVID-19 test result

-Passenger locator form must be filled out no more than 48 hrs before travel

-Isolation and COVID-19 test when back in the UK.

As it stands here...

-Masks on when outside, in shops and supermarkets.

-Masks can be removed when eating and or drinking but put back on when leaving the table (eg: going to the bar, toilet, leaving the establishment or to pay)

-Inside eating and drinking allowed with 4 people to a table. 6 people on an outside table.

-No curfew but pubs, clubs and restaurants must be closed and empty of customers by midnight. You are allowed to walk home (wearing a mask) or wait for a taxi. No congregation on the streets any other time after midnight.

That's the gist. Not too sure how the lifestyle clubs are operating as have been far too busy to go to one but I'm sure you sexy lot can find out "

I have 2 questions.

When are bars able to open for longer than 12?

Is there any type of plan for coming out of lockdown in Spain. Mainly regarding masks being worn outside?

over a year ago

There will be a plan for both but no-one seems to know when.

I suspect the government will wait and see how the infection numbers go and also how letting the tourists back goes as well. If UK tourists can come withoit PCR testing that may change

By *ifi and dunkieCouple
over a year ago

Chelmsford

"There will be a plan for both but no-one seems to know when.

I suspect the government will wait and see how the infection numbers go and also how letting the tourists back goes as well. If UK tourists can come withoit PCR testing that may change"

Had a meeting with my company yesterday and as it stands for canary islands. Once we it goes green, you need to have a PLF (passenger locator form) completed where you are staying for tracing purposes. You need to have proof on the NHS app that you have had the vaccines. NO need for test when travelling to canary Islands, but on return, to the UK you will need to have a test done which a lateral flow is sufficient at a clinic which has been stamped by a professional as proof it was you.

By *uboCouple
over a year ago

East kilbride

I must say that i think allowing anyone in without a test is a risk not worth taking. At the very least, visitors should have had both vaccines.

Things can go downhill very quickly so caution is best way to go.

over a year ago

"I must say that i think allowing anyone in without a test is a risk not worth taking. At the very least, visitors should have had both vaccines.

Things can go downhill very quickly so caution is best way to go."

I agree. A test is essential whether you have come from or travelled through a red country or not. Alot of people we have spoken to over here don't agree with that part of it but we shall see won't we? Lets hope it doesn't bite us back.

By *ifi and dunkieCouple
over a year ago

Chelmsford

I also heard about how border control will also have passport tracking as a new technology so they can see where you have been through.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I suspect the government will wait and see how the infection numbers go and also how letting the tourists back goes as well. If UK tourists can come withoit PCR testing that may change

Had a meeting with my company yesterday and as it stands for canary islands. Once we it goes green, you need to have a PLF (passenger locator form) completed where you are staying for tracing purposes. You need to have proof on the NHS app that you have had the vaccines. NO need for test when travelling to canary Islands, but on return, to the UK you will need to have a test done which a lateral flow is sufficient at a clinic which has been stamped by a professional as proof it was you. "

Thank you so are you saying that you have to have both vaccines or a negative test for the Canaries?

over a year ago

Had a meeting with my company yesterday and as it stands for canary islands. Once we it goes green, you need to have a PLF (passenger locator form) completed where you are staying for tracing purposes. You need to have proof on the NHS app that you have had the vaccines. NO need for test when travelling to canary Islands, but on return, to the UK you will need to have a test done which a lateral flow is sufficient at a clinic which has been stamped by a professional as proof it was you.

Thank you so are you saying that you have to have both vaccines or a negative test for the Canaries?"

As it stands as I understand it from yesterday's email from GOV updates, everyone, whether vaccinated or not can come to GC and no negative required UNLESS you have come from or travelled through a red country in the last 14 days.

By *artycple123Couple
over a year ago

staffs

Let's hope life gets back to normal ASAP cant wait to visit playa da ingles again.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Thank you so are you saying that you have to have both vaccines or a negative test for the Canaries?

As it stands as I understand it from yesterday's email from GOV updates, everyone, whether vaccinated or not can come to GC and no negative required UNLESS you have come from or travelled through a red country in the last 14 days. "

Thank you x I perhaps have misread the above poster who works for a travel company, saying that, for the canaries, you need proof on the nhs app that you have had the vaccines, when on green list..sorry for my confusion! Xx

By *ifi and dunkieCouple
over a year ago

Chelmsford

As it stands as I understand it from yesterday's email from GOV updates, everyone, whether vaccinated or not can come to GC and no negative required UNLESS you have come from or travelled through a red country in the last 14 days.

Thank you x I perhaps have misread the above poster who works for a travel company, saying that, for the canaries, you need proof on the nhs app that you have had the vaccines, when on green list..sorry for my confusion! Xx"

Hiya once it goes on the green list then on the NHS app there is a QR CODE which they scan to show you have had the vaccines. It's different rules for different countries but thought I'd just mention the canaries and Inbound UK rules that I've been told.xx

By *ocksucker666Man
over a year ago

Nr Williton

Does anyone know exactly what kind of proof is needed of a negative antigen test to show at tourist accommodation? Can't find the exact information anywhere.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 25/05/21 15:40:30]

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Thank you x I perhaps have misread the above poster who works for a travel company, saying that, for the canaries, you need proof on the nhs app that you have had the vaccines, when on green list..sorry for my confusion! Xx

Hiya once it goes on the green list then on the NHS app there is a QR CODE which they scan to show you have had the vaccines. It's different rules for different countries but thought I'd just mention the canaries and Inbound UK rules that I've been told.xx"

Thank you, lovely, much appreciated! Xx

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

Just to clarify. This was a rule that took effect on 15 November 2020. It is a decision made by the Canarian Government and not applicable throughput Spain. Since the travel ban it has not been in the news for obvious reasons.

In November of last year you could go to a clinic without an appointment and get an antigen test. If you arrived late they were usually happy for you to get it done first thing the next day.

My understanding is that this is about €15.

There is talk about this being repealed but don't know when this will be official. One traveller phoned a hotel this week and was told it is still required.

The Canarian Weekly today said:

"Last November the Canary Islands introduced a decree-law that requires anyone checking in to holiday/tourist accommodation to have a negative Antigen test in order to stay at the complex (except for residents). This decree is officially still in place so prepare for the fact that you will be requested to show one, or if you haven’t had one before you came, to have one whilst here to avoid any complications."

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

FCDO state the following:

In some parts of Spain, a negative COVID-19 may be required when checking in to tourist accommodation. This currently applies in the Canary Islands. Children under the age of 6 are exempt from testing. Tests permitted are PCR (RT-PCR for COVID-19), Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA), and Antigen tests. You should check with your accommodation provider prior to travel.

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

"FCDO state the following:

In some parts of Spain, a negative COVID-19 may be required when checking in to tourist accommodation. This currently applies in the Canary Islands. Children under the age of 6 are exempt from testing. Tests permitted are PCR (RT-PCR for COVID-19), Transcription Mediated Amplification (TMA), and Antigen tests. You should check with your accommodation provider prior to travel."

Antigen, £40 and an hour turnaround at the airport. Sorted.

over a year ago

San Roque €15, no appointment needed. Just rock up to the hospital and get your antigen test.

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

"San Roque €15, no appointment needed. Just rock up to the hospital and get your antigen test. "

But that's out of hollibob time, and I'd have to put clothes on and get a taxi and stuff. Lazy option, get to airport an hour earlier.

By *ocksucker666Man
over a year ago

Nr Williton

Do a home test, report the result on the NHS website, get an NHS email confirming your test is negative. Free. Sorted.

over a year ago

Hiya once it goes on the green list then on the NHS app there is a QR CODE which they scan to show you have had the vaccines. It's different rules for different countries but thought I'd just mention the canaries and Inbound UK rules that I've been told.xx"

over a year ago

"San Roque €15, no appointment needed. Just rock up to the hospital and get your antigen test.

But that's out of hollibob time, and I'd have to put clothes on and get a taxi and stuff. Lazy option, get to airport an hour earlier. "

If you were naked I bet you could get seen quicker! back in the sun in no time!

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

"San Roque €15, no appointment needed. Just rock up to the hospital and get your antigen test.

But that's out of hollibob time, and I'd have to put clothes on and get a taxi and stuff. Lazy option, get to airport an hour earlier.

If you were naked I bet you could get seen quicker! back in the sun in no time! "

Naked apart from a mask to preserve my dignity obviously!

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

"Do a home test, report the result on the NHS website, get an NHS email confirming your test is negative. Free. Sorted. "

Oooooooo! That's even lazier!

Good call. X

over a year ago

If you were naked I bet you could get seen quicker! back in the sun in no time!

Naked apart from a mask to preserve my dignity obviously! "

Obviously. And you'll be sticking to the rules as well. Lol

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

Getting my pcr tomorrow before travel on Friday.

After contacting my hotel directly they require a negative test to check in.

Regardless of who says what. If they want it thats good enough for me. All bases covered.

By *uboCouple
over a year ago

East kilbride

"Do a home test, report the result on the NHS website, get an NHS email confirming your test is negative. Free. Sorted. "

Don't forget it has to be within 72 hrs.

Wouldn't be risking it

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

"Do a home test, report the result on the NHS website, get an NHS email confirming your test is negative. Free. Sorted.

Wouldn't be risking it "

This test isn't asked for at Border Control, it's asked for at the accommodation. Meaning that it can be done at last minute if need be.

By *uboCouple
over a year ago

East kilbride

"Do a home test, report the result on the NHS website, get an NHS email confirming your test is negative. Free. Sorted.

Wouldn't be risking it

This test isn't asked for at Border Control, it's asked for at the accommodation. Meaning that it can be done at last minute if need be. "

I wasn't aware the NHS operated in GC

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

Wouldn't be risking it

This test isn't asked for at Border Control, it's asked for at the accommodation. Meaning that it can be done at last minute if need be.

I wasn't aware the NHS operated in GC "

Neither was I!

Just don't see the possibility of having to pay €15 vs the certainty of paying £50 as a risk.

By *havfunCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Wouldn't be risking it

I wasn't aware the NHS operated in GC "

The tests they provide free are antigen ones - you report the result on the app, they email back a confirmation, almost immediately.

Another poster asked exactly what proof is needed - it is a good question, but no one answered. The antigen tests are DIY, so could you just take the test in reception? Or do you need a piece of paper or other official proof?

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

Wouldn't be risking it

The tests they provide free are antigen ones - you report the result on the app, they email back a confirmation, almost immediately.

Another poster asked exactly what proof is needed - it is a good question, but no one answered. The antigen tests are DIY, so could you just take the test in reception? Or do you need a piece of paper or other official proof?"

The answer given is contact your hotel and find out what they will accept as proof because in lieu of official guidelines as to what qualifies, this is subjective and may differ from one accommodation to another.

By *havfunCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Wouldn't be risking it

Another poster asked exactly what proof is needed - it is a good question, but no one answered. The antigen tests are DIY, so could you just take the test in reception? Or do you need a piece of paper or other official proof?

The answer given is contact your hotel and find out what they will accept as proof because in lieu of official guidelines as to what qualifies, this is subjective and may differ from one accommodation to another."

Thanks, let's hope Venus are not too strict

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

Just best to get one on the ready for when you arrive.

Makes sense

By *ocksucker666Man
over a year ago

Nr Williton

This was my point earlier. What exact proof is needed? My accommodation has said the Spanish health form plus evidence of my vaccination is enough for them. However that might not be enough for another hotel. There seems to be no official standard as it stands.

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

Its simple.

You don't need a pcr test to travel to spain now.

But...

Some accommodation would still like it. So contact them and they will give guidlines on thier own requirements for them as individuals.

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

Wouldn't be risking it

The answer given is contact your hotel and find out what they will accept as proof because in lieu of official guidelines as to what qualifies, this is subjective and may differ from one accommodation to another.

Thanks, let's hope Venus are not too strict"

Venus have been open and running for quite some time now and require a PCR test even for day visitors.

By *havfunCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Wouldn't be risking it

Venus have been open and running for quite some time now and require a PCR test even for day visitors. "

Thanks for that info. It's a bit more hassle, but I suppose it creates a safer environment inside, which is great. We'll check nearer the time to see if their rules have changed and if they will accept antigen tests.

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

"This was my point earlier. What exact proof is needed? My accommodation has said the Spanish health form plus evidence of my vaccination is enough for them. However that might not be enough for another hotel. There seems to be no official standard as it stands. "

All the hotel wants is to not get fined. They don’t want the antigen test system any more than you do. But this is very different from say, the airlines who are very happy not to fly you once they have your money.

Also if your test is insufficient then it isn't the end of the world. You just go to the nearest clinic and get one.

What I would do if I were travelling now, is I would send my test results to the hotel as soon as I got them and would ask if they considered that sufficient proof and take doubt out of the equation.

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

Wouldn't be risking it

Venus have been open and running for quite some time now and require a PCR test even for day visitors.

Thanks for that info. It's a bit more hassle, but I suppose it creates a safer environment inside, which is great. We'll check nearer the time to see if their rules have changed and if they will accept antigen tests."

Yes things have changed a bit. For instance the BBQ is served while seated.

The test gives everyone peace of mind so you can just relax and enjoy

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

I think it also needs to be said that getting a test in PDI is not like in the UK where you have to book an appointment, still stand in a long queue and then wait ages for a result.

After everything you need to do to travel these days the antigen test is probably on the easy side.

By *F Couple1960Couple
over a year ago

lanzarote

. You can not use the Free NHS test it needs to be signed by doctor, and the clinic that it was done by, and the time etc.

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

From an informative article posted last year...

Which tests are valid?

A diagnostic test carried out within the last 72 hours for an active infection, which shows that the tourist is not a positive COVID-19 carrier. The test must be approved by the health authorities of your country or the European Union.

Only RT-PCR and antigen tests are valid. Alternatively, the tourist can prove that he has passed the disease by presenting a serological certificate confirming that he has developed IgG antibodies.

How should the certificate be?

The certificate can be presented in digital or paper form and must include the following information: date and time of the test realisation, the identity data of the person, the laboratory responsible for authenticity and verification and the negative result.

What if they don't bring the test?

The tourist accommodation will deny access to people who lack the diagnostic test and will inform about the nearby places where the test can be performed.

Exceptionally, if the tourist cannot prove the test, but shows his availability to take it, he will be able to access and spend the night for the time necessary to obtain the results, although he will not be able to leave his room other than to take the test and collect the results.

What if they test positive?

If a positive case is detected, the health authorities will be immediately informed by telephone 900 112 061 (112 for assistance in other languages), who will decide the place of transfer according to their symptoms.

*** This was relevant last year. I am not aware of any changes. It's also translated ***

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

* TMA tests also accepted now.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Thanks for all the info Edens.

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

"Thanks for all the info Edens. "

No worries.

Travellers staying with friends or family should also be aware that there are new laws regarding the need to have an official invitation.

I say this because at some stage Border Control may start asking for return tickets, proof of accommodation etc.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Thanks for all the info Edens.

No worries.

Travellers staying with friends or family should also be aware that there are new laws regarding the need to have an official invitation.

I say this because at some stage Border Control may start asking for return tickets, proof of accommodation etc."

By *ocksucker666Man
over a year ago

Nr Williton

"From an informative article posted last year...

Which tests are valid?

A diagnostic test carried out within the last 72 hours for an active infection, which shows that the tourist is not a positive COVID-19 carrier. The test must be approved by the health authorities of your country or the European Union.

Only RT-PCR and antigen tests are valid. Alternatively, the tourist can prove that he has passed the disease by presenting a serological certificate confirming that he has developed IgG antibodies.

The certificate can be presented in digital or paper form and must include the following information: date and time of the test realisation, the identity data of the person, the laboratory responsible for authenticity and verification and the negative result.

The tourist accommodation will deny access to people who lack the diagnostic test and will inform about the nearby places where the test can be performed.

Exceptionally, if the tourist cannot prove the test, but shows his availability to take it, he will be able to access and spend the night for the time necessary to obtain the results, although he will not be able to leave his room other than to take the test and collect the results.

If a positive case is detected, the health authorities will be immediately informed by telephone 900 112 061 (112 for assistance in other languages), who will decide the place of transfer according to their symptoms.

*** This was relevant last year. I am not aware of any changes. It's also translated ***

"

Perfect.....exactly what I needed. Ta muchly

By *ilent_runningMan
over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

Just a note on a very recent experience when arriving from the peninsula but would presumably apply to tourist accommodation.

We had antigen tests performed at our local clinic and got paper results. On arrival at the airport(FUE in this case), we were told they weren't acceptable as they didn't show the specificity and sensitivity (homologation). Got the clinic to resend showing this and all OK.

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

"From an informative article posted last year...

Which tests are valid?

Perfect.....exactly what I needed. Ta muchly "

Any time

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

Hello all.

Travelled out this afternoon from Gatwick with Easyjet.

Absolutely no issues checkung in traveling and Spanish border control. Was welcomed with smiles.

Time to relax and enjoy the freedom.

Don't hesitate to make the trip.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Hello all.

Travelled out this afternoon from Gatwick with Easyjet.

Absolutely no issues checkung in traveling and Spanish border control. Was welcomed with smiles.

Time to relax and enjoy the freedom.

Don't hesitate to make the trip.

"

Enjoy your holiday!

By *wig1963Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Been a pretty good night in javea saw a bit of entertainment good girl front singer but restaurant got a fine the wife told me she's still out at home sitting in Naya waiting for her to get back fuck her stupid horny as but she will probably stay out late ho hum that's life guys

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Been a pretty good night in javea saw a bit of entertainment good girl front singer but restaurant got a fine the wife told me she's still out at home sitting in Naya waiting for her to get back fuck her stupid horny as but she will probably stay out late ho hum that's life guys"

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

The Independent is now reporting that the next Green List Announcement will happen on the 3rd of June and be effective from the 10th of June.

over a year ago

"The Independent is now reporting that the next Green List Announcement will happen on the 3rd of June and be effective from the 10th of June."

Fingers crossed, that the canaries are included this time

By *den_GCCouple
over a year ago

"The Independent is now reporting that the next Green List Announcement will happen on the 3rd of June and be effective from the 10th of June.

Fingers crossed, that the canaries are included this time "

Shapps has said the islands will be evaluated separately this but it's down to a report from Biosecurity to decide whether Canaries have sufficient infection rate data and strain detection mechanisms. Wait and see I guess.

By *rNaturistMan
over a year ago

Small Village

Knowing the uk they will put it to lime green just to have the last say.

You can go but you have to leave your suitcases at home

Post new Message to Thread