Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

cancelled 27th September

Jump to newest

By *ustonce1 OP   Man
over a year ago

Leicester

was going too stay at bull eugena but hotel does NOT OPEN UNTIL 7th October.As much as me & wife like going for the fun in clubs,is it REALLY THE CHANCE OF CATCHING COVID REALLY WORTH ABIT OF FUN IN CLUBS???? NO

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

The club's aren't open.

Neither are the bars.

And no need to shout!

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Cancelling is safest option right now

By *andy 1Couple
over a year ago

northeast

"The club's aren't open.

Neither are the bars.

And no need to shout! "

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

Amazing isn't it, that we are the only country not able to differentiate between mainland Spain and the islands? Yes, there has been a rise in the number of Covid cases in Las Palmas, but to say that PDI is not safe? Local lockdowns, that's like saying I'm not going to Rugby because of the Covid lockdown in Leicester. The sensible money reckons that as soon as the Spanish head back, the big parties and gatherings will stop and the Covid cases with drop again. Germany says don't travel to mainland Spain, but the islands are Ok, Switzerland, the same. Why could the UK government differentiate between Madeira, The Azzores and Portugal yet not between the Spanish mainland and the Canaries. Over 2000km apart, surely it's not that difficult and the other Euro governments don't seem to have that problem? Still quite a few airlines flying in, plenty of ways to get there if you want to.

By *ann SummersMan
over a year ago

Dartford

I think there’s a lot more to this than we are being told.

As you say, other countries recognise the different infection levels between the mainland and the islands - so why doesn’t the UK?

Maybe they’re playing games with promoting UK staycations and tourism as part of the wider Brexit negotiations.

Maybe they’re still ‘following the science’ as this has proved to be a winning formula so far!

Who knows, but I’m sure we’ll all the the last to know!!!

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I think there’s a lot more to this than we are being told.

As you say, other countries recognise the different infection levels between the mainland and the islands - so why doesn’t the UK?

Maybe they’re playing games with promoting UK staycations and tourism as part of the wider Brexit negotiations.

Maybe they’re still ‘following the science’ as this has proved to be a winning formula so far!

Who knows, but I’m sure we’ll all the the last to know!!!

"

Like all politicians and civil servants. They are just following the first law of government.

"Cover your own arse first"

They are scared shitless of ignoring the scientists. No matter how many "can's, could's, or possibly's are in the advice, no politician will put his /her own arse on the line and go against it.

If they get it right they will still be accused of taking unnecessary risks, if they get it wrong the media would want their head on a spike above Tower Bridge.

By *ann SummersMan
over a year ago

Dartford

“ if they get it wrong the media would want their head on a spike above Tower Bridge”

Ahhh - the good old days! When they wanted to serve the public rather than themselves!

By *magine gcCouple
over a year ago

From Gran Canaria not

"The club's aren't open.

Neither are the bars.

And no need to shout! "

The clubs are closed but sorry we are open, wrong info....

And yes it´s still safe in PDI, on the whole island really. The numbers that they show are the ones who are tested positive, they are not sick, the hospitals are still very very empty...

By *DCouplexxCouple
over a year ago

Okehampton

"The club's aren't open.

Neither are the bars.

And no need to shout!

And yes it´s still safe in PDI, on the whole island really. The numbers that they show are the ones who are tested positive, they are not sick, the hospitals are still very very empty..."

Good to know you are open! We will see you from 2nd October. We are going to PDI if any airline will fly to Gran Canaria from UK.

By *parkybunnyCouple
over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

"The club's aren't open.

Neither are the bars.

And no need to shout!

And yes it´s still safe in PDI, on the whole island really. The numbers that they show are the ones who are tested positive, they are not sick, the hospitals are still very very empty..."

BarCafes are open, as are restaurants. I should have been more specific, bars that don't have a kitchen are closed.

Post new Message to Thread