Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Spain

11th May Lockdown ?

Jump to newest

By *inda and Terry OP   Couple
over a year ago

london/Spain

Although it was only last Wednesday [ 8th April ] the lockdown was extended till 26th April the minister of the exterior has already said that this will be extended again after that date till at least 11th of May. source MSN Espanol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *erekdebMan
over a year ago

meath

Ireland gone to 5th may from today

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Although it was only last Wednesday [ 8th April ] the lockdown was extended till 26th April the minister of the exterior has already said that this will be extended again after that date till at least 11th of May. source MSN Espanol"

That is probably correct.

When Spain introduced the first lockdown the numbers were around 1000 new infections and less than 100 deaths per day.

I cannot see the lockdown ending until the numbers get down to or below that.

The last set of numbers were 4,576 and 605 respectively.

Spain seems to be going in the right direction but, barring a miracle, there is still a long way to go.

The other thing to consider is that while Spain will eventually come out of lockdown. Tt could be quite some time later before foreign tourists are allowed back, and even then it could be only from selected (virus free) countries.

I don't see the Benidorm express resuming any time soon.

over a year ago

london/Spain

"Although it was only last Wednesday [ 8th April ] the lockdown was extended till 26th April the minister of the exterior has already said that this will be extended again after that date till at least 11th of May. source MSN Espanol

When Spain introduced the first lockdown the numbers were around 1000 new infections and less than 100 deaths per day.

Spain seems to be going in the right direction but, barring a miracle, there is still a long way to go.

The other thing to consider is that while Spain will eventually come out of lockdown. Tt could be quite some time later before foreign tourists are allowed back, and even then it could be only from selected (virus free) countries.

I don't see the Benidorm express resuming any time soon. "

Total agree i would take August/September when we can get back to living our lives again and some fun, this must be the longest i`ve gone only playing with one cock for more than 30 years. Lol

By *yesgreenMan
over a year ago

north and south

"Although it was only last Wednesday [ 8th April ] the lockdown was extended till 26th April the minister of the exterior has already said that this will be extended again after that date till at least 11th of May. source MSN Espanol

Total agree i would take August/September when we can get back to living our lives again and some fun, this must be the longest i`ve gone only playing with one cock for more than 30 years. Lol"

I have old girlfriends booked for calla de mijas girls only holiday 14 may , Don't think they will make it ? Now

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Total agree i would take August/September when we can get back to living our lives again and some fun, this must be the longest i`ve gone only playing with one cock for more than 30 years. LolI have old girlfriends booked for calla de mijas girls only holiday 14 may , Don't think they will make it ? Now "

No, unfortunately, we'll still be on lockdown, by the looks of it.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

There are two very different issues here.

I think some are confusing the end of lockdown with the resumption of tourism as if the two will happen together.

Lockdown will be relaxed in stages. We are seeing the first tentative steps already but there is a very long way to go before we see anything like normality.

The resumption of tourism will not happen at the same time as the end of lockdown.

It will come many weeks (more likely months) later. Even when it does it will be staged in. How they will administer it is anybody's guess but I expect to see either some kind of vetting procedure (certificates?) or restrictions by country.

Some countries may be considered high risk (travellers banned) and others low risk (travellers allowed) or they may come up with a different idea altogether. But everyone jumping on a plane like some kind of Le Mans start on steroids the day after lockdown just won't happen.

I would add that just because your tour company or airline hasn't cancelled your holiday yet doesn't mean you will be going. Most (if not all) are doing rolling cancellations, meaning that you will only be notified a week or two before the travel date.

One of our staff is supposed to be flying to Mallorca in early May. Officially she is still going, but she knows damn well she isn't.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"There are two very different issues here.

I think some are confusing the end of lockdown with the resumption of tourism as if the two will happen together.

Lockdown will be relaxed in stages. We are seeing the first tentative steps already but there is a very long way to go before we see anything like normality.

The resumption of tourism will not happen at the same time as the end of lockdown.

It will come many weeks (more likely months) later. Even when it does it will be staged in. How they will administer it is anybody's guess but I expect to see either some kind of vetting procedure (certificates?) or restrictions by country.

Some countries may be considered high risk (travellers banned) and others low risk (travellers allowed) or they may come up with a different idea altogether. But everyone jumping on a plane like some kind of Le Mans start on steroids the day after lockdown just won't happen.

I would add that just because your tour company or airline hasn't cancelled your holiday yet doesn't mean you will be going. Most (if not all) are doing rolling cancellations, meaning that you will only be notified a week or two before the travel date.

One of our staff is supposed to be flying to Mallorca in early May. Officially she is still going, but she knows damn well she isn't."

Well said and so true

By *entlecaressMan
over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

One of our staff is supposed to be flying to Mallorca in early May. Officially she is still going, but she knows damn well she isn't.

Well said and so true

"

Even our Dec holiday to corralejo is doubtful our June one will definitely not happen. Would I like to get on a plane without some kind of vetting process, no thank you.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Well said and so true

Even our Dec holiday to corralejo is doubtful our June one will definitely not happen. Would I like to get on a plane without some kind of vetting process, no thank you. "

We have to be realistic, hope for the best, but expect the worse. We're all desperate for a holiday now, whether in this country or abroad, but to me, staying well and ultimately alive, is my first priority

over a year ago

london/Spain

how true it is i dont know just something i was told by a stewardest who works for Easyjet that when there planes do start to fly again they will only be selling window seats tickets and prices will be sky high.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"how true it is i dont know just something i was told by a stewardest who works for Easyjet that when there planes do start to fly again they will only be selling window seats tickets and prices will be sky high."

Hmmm..makes sense...not everyone will be able to afford their prices.

By *entlecaressMan
over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

Well said and so true

Even our Dec holiday to corralejo is doubtful our June one will definitely not happen. Would I like to get on a plane without some kind of vetting process, no thank you.

We have to be realistic, hope for the best, but expect the worse. We're all desperate for a holiday now, whether in this country or abroad, but to me, staying well and ultimately alive, is my first priority "

Totally agree

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"how true it is i dont know just something i was told by a stewardest who works for Easyjet that when there planes do start to fly again they will only be selling window seats tickets and prices will be sky high."

You realise their flights have been for sale at £27 each way(originally altthough some remain) for a month now all the through til end of Spring 2021??? What do you hope to acheive with this laughable fictional scaremongering that a child could disprove within 30 seconds?

over a year ago

london/Spain

"how true it is i dont know just something i was told by a stewardest who works for Easyjet that when there planes do start to fly again they will only be selling window seats tickets and prices will be sky high.

You realise their flights have been for sale at £27 each way(originally altthough some remain) for a month now all the through til end of Spring 2021??? What do you hope to acheive with this laughable fictional scaremongering that a child could disprove within 30 seconds?"

if you had taken the time to read what i said was " i dont know how true it was, just something i was told " i never said it was a fact.

By *uboCouple
over a year ago

East kilbride

"

Some countries may be considered high risk (travellers banned) and others low risk (travellers allowed) or they may come up with a different idea altogether. "

Think the UK will fall into the first category.

Our lot have been so poor at getting to grips with this, it has been embarrassing and still is.

over a year ago

"how true it is i dont know just something i was told by a stewardest who works for Easyjet that when there planes do start to fly again they will only be selling window seats tickets and prices will be sky high.

You realise their flights have been for sale at £27 each way(originally altthough some remain) for a month now all the through til end of Spring 2021??? What do you hope to acheive with this laughable fictional scaremongering that a child could disprove within 30 seconds?

if you had taken the time to read what i said was " i dont know how true it was, just something i was told " i never said it was a fact."

If you could read i stated a child would disprove such obvious bollocks in seconds. Come on ffs how gullible???

over a year ago

london/Spain

ok well lets wait and see, you seem to know it all.

By *erri AnneTV/TS
over a year ago

Shannon and Costa Blanca

I really need to join the party scene when I go back out to Spain such beautiful woman and couples

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/04/20 17:32:55]

Post new Message to Thread