Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Self isolation for one month

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What would make it bearable for you and what would you do? Sublime to the ridiculous suggestions welcome

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugehandsMan
over a year ago

Fife/ Newcastle

I'd play golf all on my own. Lonesome but pleasant if I'm hitting the ball straight

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

Go on loads of hikes - weather depending. Jump around in my living room on zumba clips. I'll be in top shape before all this is over!! (She says while being lazy on the sofa) x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

read & do a big spring clean

over a year ago

"I'd play golf all on my own. Lonesome but pleasant if I'm hitting the ball straight "

Discussed that lonesome with nature experience with a friend who gave me a lift home tonight x

over a year ago

"Go on loads of hikes - weather depending. Jump around in my living room on zumba clips. I'll be in top shape before all this is over!! (She says while being lazy on the sofa) x"

I like the sound of that lol x

over a year ago

"read & do a big spring clean "

I have so many books to read AND re read... my drawers need a tidy too

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

Decorate whole house again and once that's done attend to my fruit and veg garden to be ready for end April. Plenty to do now i have time.

over a year ago

"Decorate whole house again and once that's done attend to my fruit and veg garden to be ready for end April. Plenty to do now i have time. "

The fruit and veg might be needed lol. *top tip plant marigolds beside your carrots, their odour repels pests

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Personally I don't intend to spend a month hidden away. My boys and I will go road trips to the beach as much as possible. Lots of fresh air.

We will cook, bake, and try to live life as normally as possible

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 17/03/20 21:53:22]

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Watch movies and eat junk food.

Maybe an ocassional wank

over a year ago

"Personally I don't intend to spend a month hidden away. My boys and I will go road trips to the beach as much as possible. Lots of fresh air.

We will cook, bake, and try to live life as normally as possible"

I think that’s a good policy if you’re all well missus, sounds great

over a year ago

"Watch movies and eat junk food.

Maybe an ocassional wank "

A minimalist approach then

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

Learn guitar

over a year ago

"Learn guitar "

I’d learn drums... I have three left feet and dyslexic hands so might take more than a month

over a year ago

Work out everyday and learn new things

over a year ago

"Work out everyday and learn new things"

Good plan and learn new “things” you say...

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"Learn guitar

I’d learn drums... I have three left feet and dyslexic hands so might take more than a month "

We’d make some team then, I’m ambidextrous. Useless with both hands.

over a year ago

"Learn guitar

I’d learn drums... I have three left feet and dyslexic hands so might take more than a month

We’d make some team then, I’m ambidextrous. Useless with both hands. "

All we need is a tone deaf lead singer and tubeless bass player and we can rock da joint

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

One month social distancing - sit by the sea and read

Self-isolating (not leaving the house) - read and listen to music

over a year ago

"One month social distancing - sit by the sea and read

Self-isolating (not leaving the house) - read and listen to music"

Blissssss

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

"Decorate whole house again and once that's done attend to my fruit and veg garden to be ready for end April. Plenty to do now i have time.

The fruit and veg might be needed lol. *top tip plant marigolds beside your carrots, their odour repels pests "

My whole garden is full on marigolds, next to butternut, carrots, potatoes, turnip, spring onions, radishes, strawberries etc... the lot. Took alot of time last year ensure wee besties wouldn't eat my veg.

I love marigolds

over a year ago

"Work out everyday and learn new things

Good plan and learn new “things” you say... "

Yeah, like how to tie my laces

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Blissssss "

It feels kinda lazy and self-indulgent in comparison, but good for the soul

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Learn guitar

We’d make some team then, I’m ambidextrous. Useless with both hands. "

I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

over a year ago

"Decorate whole house again and once that's done attend to my fruit and veg garden to be ready for end April. Plenty to do now i have time.

The fruit and veg might be needed lol. *top tip plant marigolds beside your carrots, their odour repels pests

My whole garden is full on marigolds, next to butternut, carrots, potatoes, turnip, spring onions, radishes, strawberries etc... the lot. Took alot of time last year ensure wee besties wouldn't eat my veg.

I love marigolds "

Sounds amazing and if you have English marigolds you can add the petals to salads

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

I love marigolds

Sounds amazing and if you have English marigolds you can add the petals to salads "

I sure do I used to eat the petals as a kid, apparently they are very good for herbal remedy concoctions

over a year ago

"Work out everyday and learn new things

Good plan and learn new “things” you say...

Yeah, like how to tie my laces "

Uhuh, knowing how to tie things up properly is a valuable skill

over a year ago

Blissssss

It feels kinda lazy and self-indulgent in comparison, but good for the soul

"

Doing nothing is a very important and underrated pastime... genius springs from it (so I tell myself )

over a year ago

"Learn guitar

We’d make some team then, I’m ambidextrous. Useless with both hands.

I’d give my right arm to be ambidextrous. "

I see what you did there

over a year ago

I love marigolds

Sounds amazing and if you have English marigolds you can add the petals to salads

I sure do I used to eat the petals as a kid, apparently they are very good for herbal remedy concoctions "

Calendula is excellent for the skin and is a natural antiseptic moisturising cream for nursing mums (Strange fab fact #478 lol)

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

[Removed by poster at 17/03/20 23:53:38]

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

I love marigolds

I sure do I used to eat the petals as a kid, apparently they are very good for herbal remedy concoctions

Calendula is excellent for the skin and is a natural antiseptic moisturising cream for nursing mums (Strange fab fact #478 lol) "

When i ended up with inflammation on hip i used calendula as an anti inflammatory, was only thing that helped apart from devil's claw , so amazing how we can grow things that can heal. I'm hoping to add more to my garden. Now I can't wait to get stuck in lol

over a year ago

I love marigolds

Calendula is excellent for the skin and is a natural antiseptic moisturising cream for nursing mums (Strange fab fact #478 lol)

When i ended up with inflammation on hip i used calendula as an anti inflammatory, was only thing that helped apart from devil's claw , so amazing how we can grow things that can heal. I'm hoping to add more to my garden. Now I can't wait to get stuck in lol

"

There’s lots of plants used in modern medication. Digitalis (foxglove) is still used to make heart meds. I’m keen to get into my wee bit of garden too. It’s the equinox soon, spring is almost here (Scotland may differ ) x

over a year ago

Hikes In the hills

Play golf

Take my wee boat out on the loch

Watch box sets

Read a few books

Few drinks with good tunes on

over a year ago

I'm kind of looking forward to the Ready Steady Cook moments where we pull out a stick of celery, a packet of Uncle Ben's rice and a pot of Ambrosia custard and turn it into a banquet.

Most of my time will be spent having a good clear out, reading and sewing. I'll always find lots to do.

over a year ago

Going to start on the garden!! If I start cutting the grass now will be like bowling green come summer!!!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Clean my house until it sparkles, gut out all my cupboards and tackle painting the garden fence and shed.

over a year ago

Take my drum kit up to my allotment and make as much noise as possible.

Pitch my tent and stay there. Got plenty of fruit and veg to live on.

No telly, internet or people to annoy me.

Downside or maybe an upside depends

Nae FAB to entertain me

over a year ago

Painting garden fences, dog run fences, house windows etc, section off bit of land for growing veg, other section for dog and a nice grass section to sit out on, a lot of painting to do, perfect time to get all that work done and of course a few days just heading out on the bike

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Working from home at the moment, so that's most of my day covered, but the hound needs walking, and there's plenty of countryside to explore.

Failing that I'll fall back on the interweb

over a year ago

I'm self employed and used to working from home, and being stuck indoors when snowed in up north.

Good company would be heaven, ideally my damn lover. Everything else is perfectly covered. I'm tired of hearing complaining couples.

over a year ago

Learn a language.....maybe start with English......

Post new Message to Thread