Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Breaking News

Jump to newest

By *ink-Kamera OP   Man
over a year ago

Livingston

BJ (the Prime Minister not the activity) is Live on the BBC now telling us to self isolate for 14 days now and He is also saying even if we do not have symptoms we should stop all unnecessary travel and or contact with others. Stop going to pubs/clubs ETC Doubly so if your over 70 or have an underlying health issue. We should all be working from home where we can.

So we are basically on a lockdown.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *inUpGirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

We aren't really tho as schools and nursery etc still open. And lots of people still at work etc x

By *ering SeaMan
over a year ago

Penicuik

"BJ (the Prime Minister not the activity) is Live on the BBC now telling us to self isolate for 14 days now and He is also saying even if we do not have symptoms we should stop all unnecessary travel and or contact with others. Stop going to pubs/clubs ETC Doubly so if your over 70 or have an underlying health issue. We should all be working from home where we can.

So we are basically on a lockdown."

You missed “if possible”

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"We aren't really tho as schools and nursery etc still open. And lots of people still at work etc x"

Yeah and my place is unlikely to say dverybogo home for 2 weeks

By *ink-Kamera OP   Man
over a year ago

Livingston

"BJ (the Prime Minister not the activity) is Live on the BBC now telling us to self isolate for 14 days now and He is also saying even if we do not have symptoms we should stop all unnecessary travel and or contact with others. Stop going to pubs/clubs ETC Doubly so if your over 70 or have an underlying health issue. We should all be working from home where we can.

So we are basically on a lockdown.

You missed “if possible” "

But I did say "Where we can"

over a year ago

Just say how it has been said . Where if possible and advisable he said . That’s the advice

By *inUpGirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We aren't really tho as schools and nursery etc still open. And lots of people still at work etc x

Yeah and my place is unlikely to say dverybogo home for 2 weeks "

Same but alot of people are self isolating.... We had about a quater of our usual kids in today x

over a year ago

I'm. Carrying on as normal for now, my son works pt in a shop and all 3 are still at school

By *inUpGirlWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm. Carrying on as normal for now, my son works pt in a shop and all 3 are still at school "

We are the same everyday routine until its not possible anymore x

over a year ago

Not my pm so I don't listen to what he has to say

over a year ago

"I'm. Carrying on as normal for now, my son works pt in a shop and all 3 are still at school

We are the same everyday routine until its not possible anymore x "

Is that wise given all your health problems?

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I’m just carrying on as normal with extra precautions such as hand washing and trying to keep a little distance from people when possible. I’m not making any unnecessary trips out, just out for work and supplies.

Personally, I wis we could just get the peak over and done with ASAP but I know realistically that the NHS can’t cope with that.

But there will be millions of people out of work if this carries on. Who’s paying them? Who’s feeding the kids whose parents can’t afford to?

No one has spared a thought for any of these people.

over a year ago

There was live stream from Nicola Surgeon on BBC Scotland at the same time. She's saying pretty much tbe same thing.

over a year ago

"I'm. Carrying on as normal for now, my son works pt in a shop and all 3 are still at school

Is that wise given all your health problems?"

I've always had a crappy immune system even as a kid, but I'm. Of the opinion like chicken pox parties the earlier you catch it and build immunity the better, thankfully none of my health issues are respitory, I've deep. Cleaned the house and were ensuring we're all taking extra hygiene measures kids have their hand gel etc when the heating goes on we're opening windows regularly to circulate fresh air etc

over a year ago

I've always had a crappy immune system even as a kid, but I'm. Of the opinion like chicken pox parties the earlier you catch it and build immunity the better, thankfully none of my health issues are respitory, I've deep. Cleaned the house and were ensuring we're all taking extra hygiene measures kids have their hand gel etc when the heating goes on we're opening windows regularly to circulate fresh air etc "

Surely your immune system is compromised somewhat

over a year ago

I've always had a crappy immune system even as a kid, but I'm. Of the opinion like chicken pox parties the earlier you catch it and build immunity the better, thankfully none of my health issues are respitory, I've deep. Cleaned the house and were ensuring we're all taking extra hygiene measures kids have their hand gel etc when the heating goes on we're opening windows regularly to circulate fresh air etc

Surely your immune system is compromised somewhat "

Doctors aren't concerned, they're not even overly concerned about my daughter and she has asthma, they've said because eof her age and she's had no major hospitalisations and is using her preventers that we should carry on as normal, stress and anxiety are two of the biggest triggers for a suppressed immune system so trying not to get stressed or anxious over it

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Scary times and worse to come. Working on the frontline i have seen what this virus is doing. Stay safe everyone.

over a year ago

Our kids have been told today that their last day at school will probably be Friday their all set and organised work wise my oldest hasn’t to go back to uni now until sept

over a year ago

[Our kids have been told today that their last day at school will probably be Friday their all set and organised work wise my oldest hasn’t to go back to uni now until sept]

Heard same today and oldest delighted as got a two week extention in his final dissertation

over a year ago

End if the day I still have to work no matter what.

Same for a lot of folk. But in my job we're I look after a retail complex

We don't have anything n place as yet. So we are kept in the dark

There is a few small restaurants will shut as one already had. Think the rest will follow

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Boris said it was okay to go outside to “exercise”. Does that mean dogging is going to become more popular?

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

"Boris said it was okay to go outside to “exercise”. Does that mean dogging is going to become more popular?"

I think so Jimbo, we looking for places now, any suggestions

over a year ago

"End if the day I still have to work no matter what.

There is a few small restaurants will shut as one already had. Think the rest will follow "

If the complex shuts, you’ll not need to look after it. I’m pretty sure like everywhere else those who need to are working on contingency planning.

You will be told as and when necessary.

over a year ago

"Boris said it was okay to go outside to “exercise”. Does that mean dogging is going to become more popular?"

At least that will keep the car wash places in business.

over a year ago

There is a few small restaurants will shut as one already had. Think the rest will follow

If the complex shuts, you’ll not need to look after it. I’m pretty sure like everywhere else those who need to are working on contingency planning.

You will be told as and when necessary."

the complex will still be needing looking after under the health an saftey Act.

over a year ago

You will be told as and when necessary.the complex will still be needing looking after under the health an saftey Act. "

Not if there's nobody there

over a year ago

Retail will never close.

End of

over a year ago

You will be told as and when necessary.the complex will still be needing looking after under the health an saftey Act.

Not if there's nobody there"

premises needs looking after it where there is no one here or not.

over a year ago

Daughter just told me they were advised in school, no physical contact, hugging or holding hands. It's mental. Do they honestly think primary age children will remember and adhere to this indefinitely? On a good day mine barely remember to flush the fucking lavvie!

over a year ago

"premises needs looking after it where there is no one here or not. "

You're a real hero

over a year ago

"premises needs looking after it where there is no one here or not.

You're a real hero "

not rocket science

over a year ago

You're a real hero "

You know sometimes your sarcasm is amusing.....like every twelfth time or so.

You can wind your neck in on this one

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

You're a real hero

You can wind your neck in on this one"

Especially as it’s his JOB

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Retail will never close.

End of "

Maybe, but a lot of it will die without customers

over a year ago

You're a real hero

You can wind your neck in on this one"

might as well stop posting. An delete my account

over a year ago

Mall cop

over a year ago

End of

Maybe, but a lot of it will die without customers "

definitely but I'm talking the big chains.

over a year ago

You're a real hero "

You make me laugh!

over a year ago

You're a real hero

Especially as it’s his JOB "

Agreed, Those capable of wit should wield it to better advantage, making passive aggressive vague or not so vague but provocative comments that are postulated in supposed humour only serve to denigrate their “intelligence”. I’m sure there will be a vague, surprised feigned response... or maybe not...

over a year ago

You're a real hero

Agreed, Those capable of wit should wield it to better advantage, making passive aggressive vague or not so vague but provocative comments that are postulated in supposed humour only serve to denigrate their “intelligence”. I’m sure there will be a vague, surprised feigned response... or maybe not... "

It was sarcasm...nothing more. Many people are gonna be affected, but aren't gonna try and make out that their job is more important than anyone else's.

over a year ago

Quarantining a fortnight starting now is not gona kill it..,, it’s better to let it wok it’s way through and keep things in perspective we are a nation of 66 million... 1500 positive 55 dead

over a year ago

You're a real hero

Agreed, Those capable of wit should wield it to better advantage, making passive aggressive vague or not so vague but provocative comments that are postulated in supposed humour only serve to denigrate their “intelligence”. I’m sure there will be a vague, surprised feigned response... or maybe not...

It was sarcasm...nothing more. Many people are gonna be affected, but aren't gonna try and make out that their job is more important than anyone else's.

"

I don’t think anyone was trying to make out their jobs were more important than anyone else’s. Everyone’s job is important and all are interlinked. For example some might think that the crisis in the travel industry does not affect them, but there is a ripple that runs through the economy that will affect us all. Sarcasm can incorporate humour, it can also just be a low blow, intelligence usually shows the difference.

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

In times like this a sarcasm and sense of humour is needed to lift people's spirits, we all need to still be ourselves have a laugh and a joke.

over a year ago

"In times like this a sarcasm and sense of humour is needed to lift people's spirits, we all need to still be ourselves have a laugh and a joke.

"

FAF...

By *ixen13Woman
over a year ago

Cowdenbeath

So we are basically on a lockdown."

I drive buses, not sure how i'm gonna fit it in my livingroon though hahaha xx

over a year ago

"In times like this a sarcasm and sense of humour is needed to lift people's spirits, we all need to still be ourselves have a laugh and a joke.

"

Used well they are

over a year ago

Used well they are "

You don't find me funny, other people do. We can't all like the same things

over a year ago

Used well they are

You don't find me funny, other people do. We can't all like the same things "

True I’m glad we don’t like the same things

over a year ago

Nah ill just keep. It to myself cause I was told if I've nothing nice to say just say nothing

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Transposed from a favourite meme;

sar-chasm

(n) The abyss between the creator of witticisms and the intended recipient who does not find the humour in it.

over a year ago

As I work in healthcare I know that it thousands who are already infected. Not all are tested but told to self isolate, antibiotics are given but not all are tested!! It’s actually worse than some think.

over a year ago

"

Absolutely. Its how Scottish people cope. Laugh when others dont.

over a year ago

"Transposed from a favourite meme;

sar-chasm

(n) The abyss between the creator of witticisms and the intended recipient who does not find the humour in it."

I was not the recipient perhaps my time wil come though

over a year ago

Absolutely. Its how Scottish people cope. Laugh when others dont."

With not at

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"

Nah ill just keep. It to myself cause I was told if I've nothing nice to say just say nothing "

You say it best, when you say nothing at all

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 16/03/20 22:27:52]

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

And black humour is better than the black death

over a year ago

Sarcasm Is actually hostility disguised as humour

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Errrr, not to be rude but my job IS kinda important.

Without the likes of us ‘oiks’ there won’t be anything on the shelves as without US OIKS it won’t get there.

So spare a thought for the lorry drivers who know they have to keep working come hell or high water to ensure stuff gets into the shops.

Yes we are waaaaaaay down the totem pole compares to doctors, nurses, healthcare staff etc but we still have to carry on. If WE stop - so does the country.

over a year ago

"Sarcasm Is actually hostility disguised as humour "

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Sarcasm Is actually the lowest form of wit perpetuated by people who have already lost the argument "

There. Fixed that for you

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Sarcasm Is actually hostility disguised as humour

"

Not always. When it's just fun cheekiness.

over a year ago

"Errrr, not to be rude but my job IS kinda important.

Without the likes of us ‘oiks’ there won’t be anything on the shelves as without US OIKS it won’t get there.

So spare a thought for the lorry drivers who know they have to keep working come hell or high water to ensure stuff gets into the shops.

Yes we are waaaaaaay down the totem pole compares to doctors, nurses, healthcare staff etc but we still have to carry on. If WE stop - so does the country. "

Definitely, we are all important, supermarket workers, cleaners, cleansing workers, sewage, utilities... we are all necessary and all need to support each other

over a year ago

Not always. When it's just fun cheekiness. "

Cheekiness is in the eye of the beholder?

over a year ago

"We aren't really tho as schools and nursery etc still open. And lots of people still at work etc x

Yeah and my place is unlikely to say dverybogo home for 2 weeks

Same but alot of people are self isolating.... We had about a quater of our usual kids in today x"

Yeah I know .. the advice is Changing by the hour though

over a year ago

End of "

I heard that lots of shops in Livingston are already closed

over a year ago

"Sarcasm Is actually the lowest form of wit perpetuated by people who have already lost the argument

There. Fixed that for you "

Nobody was arguing

over a year ago

"Sarcasm Is actually the lowest form of wit perpetuated by people who have already lost the argument

Nobody was arguing "

true

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

true "

Fixed that too

over a year ago

"Daughter just told me they were advised in school, no physical contact, hugging or holding hands. It's mental. Do they honestly think primary age children will remember and adhere to this indefinitely? On a good day mine barely remember to flush the fucking lavvie!"

Mine can’t even piss in the lavvie half the time.. they can sing happy birthday while washing their hands now so that will help the little shits out in life

By *arlosF2019Man
over a year ago

glasgow

"I'm. Carrying on as normal for now, my son works pt in a shop and all 3 are still at school "

Me 2

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Me 2 "

It’s all we can do. Take a few extra precautions and wash hands as often as possible.

over a year ago

Not always. When it's just fun cheekiness. "

The word itself comes feom Greek language to tear at the flesh

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Toilet roll - am I right?

over a year ago

"Daughter just told me they were advised in school, no physical contact, hugging or holding hands. It's mental. Do they honestly think primary age children will remember and adhere to this indefinitely? On a good day mine barely remember to flush the fucking lavvie!

Mine can’t even piss in the lavvie half the time.. they can sing happy birthday while washing their hands now so that will help the little shits out in life "

Males never seem. To grow out of this whatever their age, I have been known to lift the seat with tissue to check folks toilets before sitting down, and if there's a bottle of. Bleach nearby give it a good clean before going otherwise try to cover the seat with loo roll and tissue, then it's the thought of touching nay surfaces in said houses after fies me. The proper boak lol

The whole corona thing is sending myy. Ocd into overdrive and I've managed to keeo it reasonably at bay for 8years lol at present I only have 5 bottle sof bleach in the house lol

over a year ago

Yeah, i'm still at work, I think customer will start to limit access though and have engineers in for essential work only.

My guess is schools will be closed by the end of the week.

Just take care of yourselves and each other.

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Daughter just told me they were advised in school, no physical contact, hugging or holding hands. It's mental. Do they honestly think primary age children will remember and adhere to this indefinitely? On a good day mine barely remember to flush the fucking lavvie!

Mine can’t even piss in the lavvie half the time.. they can sing happy birthday while washing their hands now so that will help the little shits out in life

Males never seem. To grow out of this whatever their age, I have been known to lift the seat with tissue to check folks toilets before sitting down, and if there's a bottle of. Bleach nearby give it a good clean before going otherwise try to cover the seat with loo roll and tissue, then it's the thought of touching nay surfaces in said houses after fies me. The proper boak lol

The whole corona thing is sending myy. Ocd into overdrive and I've managed to keeo it reasonably at bay for 8years lol at present I only have 5 bottle sof bleach in the house lol "

Okay okay I get it. Hazmat suit sex it is then.

(Is that sarcasm? Yes. Is is contemptuous? No. Is it funny. Definitely not. Cheeky. Yes.)

over a year ago

The whole corona thing is sending myy. Ocd into overdrive and I've managed to keeo it reasonably at bay for 8years lol at present I only have 5 bottle sof bleach in the house lol

(Is that sarcasm? Yes. Is is contemptuous? No. Is it funny. Definitely not. Cheeky. Yes.) "

There's nae sex if the bathroom is minging, you gotta make your excuses and leave

By *ayRosesWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

(Is that sarcasm? Yes. Is is contemptuous? No. Is it funny. Definitely not. Cheeky. Yes.)

There's nae sex if the bathroom is minging, you gotta make your excuses and leave "

Agreed!

Post new Message to Thread