Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

4th April Edinburgh social

Jump to newest

By *ilf n filf OP   Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

After the amazing success of the first social in Edinburgh, we are now well on our way to our second one on the 4th of April. There are a few changes, we’ve had to put up the price because of spiralling costs.

£10 per person

Single males £20 ( half didn’t turn up at the last one) maxim of 25 single males per social.

Still having champagne on arrival!!

The bar is being restocked ( we drank it dry at the last one!!! )

The buffet is being changed around a little bit!! ( more naughty food )

The theme for this one is bring your favourite toy and play top trumps!! (Don’t ask!!! )

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can I ask why single guys need to pay twice as much as everyone else. ?

Do they eat more food off the buffet or something. ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"After the amazing success of the first social in Edinburgh, we are now well on our way to our second one on the 4th of April. There are a few changes, we’ve had to put up the price because of spiralling costs.

£10 per person

Single males £20 ( half didn’t turn up at the last one) maxim of 25 single males per social.

Still having champagne on arrival!!

The bar is being restocked ( we drank it dry at the last one!!! )

The buffet is being changed around a little bit!! ( more naughty food )

The theme for this one is bring your favourite toy and play top trumps!! (Don’t ask!!! ) "

good luck with that

Was hoping to attend but off Putting of the price

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looking forward to it the first one was brilliant xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

"Can I ask why single guys need to pay twice as much as everyone else. ?

Do they eat more food off the buffet or something. ? "

We got absolutely snowed under with single guys requesting to come to our socials and half of them didn’t turn up.

This is a private venue with its own bar dancefloor DJ ,buffet and a free glass of champagne on arrival.

Milf n Filf

Reply privately

over a year ago

We got absolutely snowed under with single guys requesting to come to our socials and half of them didn’t turn up.

This is a private venue with its own bar dancefloor DJ ,buffet and a free glass of champagne on arrival.

Milf n Filf

"

not for £20

Reply privately

By *ittlebitofpleasure100Couple
over a year ago

edinburgh

Milf n Filf

not for £20 "

Can I ask you what price you paid the last time, if ever, you attended a club as a single male? I’m guessing either the same price as a couple or more.

Same rules apply here my friend. But if you don’t want to pay the price, then by all means don’t go.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personally I don't agree with charging double to single guys for a social, just do the same as everyone else does and take PayPal payments to cover the costs beforehand so you're not left out of pocket, at the very least offer them. £10 if they actually show up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Personally I don't agree with charging double to single guys for a social, just do the same as everyone else does and take PayPal payments to cover the costs beforehand so you're not left out of pocket, at the very least offer them. £10 if they actually show up "

*£10 back

Reply privately

over a year ago

Milf n Filf

not for £20

Can I ask you what price you paid the last time, if ever, you attended a club as a single male? I’m guessing either the same price as a couple or more.

Same rules apply here my friend. But if you don’t want to pay the price, then by all means don’t go. "

I dont attend clubs for the price yer asking is shocking. Even a normal night club don't charge that much

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

Milf n Filf

not for £20

Same rules apply here my friend. But if you don’t want to pay the price, then by all means don’t go. I dont attend clubs for the price yer asking is shocking. Even a normal night club don't charge that much"

So don’t go. It’s your choice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Milf n Filf

not for £20

Same rules apply here my friend. But if you don’t want to pay the price, then by all means don’t go. I dont attend clubs for the price yer asking is shocking. Even a normal night club don't charge that much

So don’t go. It’s your choice. "

yeh it's my choice as your ripping us off

Reply privately

over a year ago

You have said your peace man we know what you think it's the organisers choice on how they run their social, personally I can't blame them it's not fair paying to go then not turn up when so wine else really wanted to go

Reply privately

over a year ago

Count myself in as the last social was brill

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

Milf n Filf

not for £20

Same rules apply here my friend. But if you don’t want to pay the price, then by all means don’t go. I dont attend clubs for the price yer asking is shocking. Even a normal night club don't charge that much

So don’t go. It’s your choice. yeh it's my choice as your ripping us off "

If you feel like that, why don’t you take the time out of your busy life to find a suitable venue, door and bar staff, get a DJ, create a buffet and promote your own night. I’m sure you’ll find out just why Milf n Filth need to charge the prices they do. Oh, and let’s not mention the no shows and what that does to the overall cost of the night. But that’s called ‘ripping’ people off!

Enough said on this.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Milf n Filf

not for £20

So don’t go. It’s your choice. yeh it's my choice as your ripping us off

If you feel like that, why don’t you take the time out of your busy life to find a suitable venue, door and bar staff, get a DJ, create a buffet and promote your own night. I’m sure you’ll find out just why Milf n Filth need to charge the prices they do. Oh, and let’s not mention the no shows and what that does to the overall cost of the night. But that’s called ‘ripping’ people off!

Enough said on this.

"

I use to host an I found a number of venues that were for free. Which includes dj door staff the use off a hall. I didn't charge any one for an entry. If I did they would of got it back

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can't get much for free these days!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Milf n Filf

not for £20

So don’t go. It’s your choice. yeh it's my choice as your ripping us off

Enough said on this.

"

I actually agree with everything you have said here but to solve your problem you don't double the price of attendance for the people ie single guys who do support your events and actually turn up your actually punishing guys because other guys don't turn up. You should charge your fees up front and then if they don't turn up you still have your running costs covered regardless of attendance or not.

Reply privately

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

How much for a bi male couple? *stir, stir*

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

"How much for a bi male couple? *stir, stir* "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I had reserved a place but I have very sadly decided to cancel it - in light of covid 19 and the fact I do have underlying health conditions I’m going to be taking a break from socials for a while

I’m gutted but my health comes first

Reply privately

over a year ago

When's the cut off for applying guys, I want to come with some friends but I want to see what happens wi this flu stuff first ????

Reply privately

over a year ago

"When's the cut off for applying guys, I want to come with some friends but I want to see what happens wi this flu stuff first ????"

He is coming with us if all is well at the time

Reply privately

over a year ago

I will be there

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

First come first serve for bookings.

As for the coronavirus we are going ahead until Advised otherwise..All bookings and payments will carry on to the one in May if we have to cancel it.

Quick note to single guys if you bring a female you can book in as a couple,food for thought!!!

Reply privately

By *methyst4UWoman
over a year ago

Falkirk

Don’t think it’s fair charging guys double price .... we should be equal and payments should be made upfront so you are still covering cost of venue etc x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Don’t think it’s fair charging guys double price .... we should be equal and payments should be made upfront so you are still covering cost of venue etc x"
exactly

Reply privately

By *igman40123Man
over a year ago

travelling

So if the said single males turn up are the refunded £10 ? Keeps it even?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

As for the coronavirus we are going ahead until Advised otherwise"

I don't think there will be a government mandate concerning swingers socials

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sounds like it'll be a cracking night hope i can make it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So if the said single males turn up are the refunded £10 ? Keeps it even? "

You won't be refunded £10 as you dont pay upfront, you simply turn up and be charged twice as much as everyone else. That's where the folly is, you doubled the price as only half the guys turned up. Even just charge the single guys upfront negates your argument of only half turning up. You may find even less guys turn up now, screwing up your overheads even more.

Reply privately

over a year ago

God sake. Do we really have to go through all this.

Either accept it and attend or dont. Urghhhhh!!!

Reply privately

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Anytime I’ve organised a social I’ve taken a deposit to cover costs regardless of people turning up or not. The deposit is usually given back or they receive a drink.

We even do this for my work Christmas event even though the company pays for the dinner and a couple of drinks. It ensures a better turnout. We donate the deposits to charity as we usually raise about £2000.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't understand folk are complaining about money for a great social and atmosphere, as prices have increased its, not the end of the world, but guys have no problem paying more money to go into a club

Reply privately

By *ohnThomas1Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I am interested but you have blocked single men. Are you not taking any single men anymore ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

Jeso people! Pay the money and go, or don’t...end of!

Reply privately

By *hiznick27Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 13/03/20 23:32:08]

Reply privately

By *hiznick27Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Jeso people! Pay the money and go, or don’t...end of! "

Well said, can we just drop this subject now!

Reply privately

over a year ago

We're booked up and looking forward to a great night. Dipping our toe into the scene so be gentle with us

Reply privately

By *omjones12Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Sign me up

Reply privately

By *otnew12Man
over a year ago

blackness

I won’t be able to make this one as I have a prior commitment on that date, will hopefully make the next one though

Have a great night guys!

Reply privately

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"I don't understand folk are complaining about money for a great social and atmosphere, as prices have increased its, not the end of the world, but guys have no problem paying more money to go into a club "

I’ve never paid to go to a club and ALL the socials I been to over the years have charged exactly the same, the money has been paid up front and any profit has gone to charity

So no, not all men will pay double to go to a club or social.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Tbh I don't see the point of people harking on about paying double its a small price to pay for an amazing social , company and amazing atmosphere. It's simple you pay and turn up or you don't

Reply privately

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Tbh I don't see the point of people harking on about paying double its a small price to pay for an amazing social , company and amazing atmosphere. It's simple you pay and turn up or you don't "

I’m not - merely stating facts. I couldn’t care less to be honest. If people want to pay then pay.

But when people ask questions it’s up to the organizers to answer those questions. Not for everyone else to rip into them and moan.

The organizers have explained they had let downs and no shows. That’s what happens with EVERY event.

That’s why advance payments are a good idea as costs are covered before the event.

So stop bitching at people asking questions or stating facts, get down off your high unicorns and untwist your knickers.

If YOU want to go and are happy to pay - GO.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anytime I’ve organised a social I’ve taken a deposit to cover costs regardless of people turning up or not. The deposit is usually given back or they receive a drink.

We even do this for my work Christmas event even though the company pays for the dinner and a couple of drinks. It ensures a better turnout. We donate the deposits to charity as we usually raise about £2000. "

I totally agree deposits are the way to go here and you get a drink when you arrive

Also the location of a social should not be announced as we aren’t all ‘out’ to all our family, friends and employers .........in my opinion discretion is the way to go

Those who aren’t fab members can read what is put on fab unless you are careful with your settings

So these aren’t events we will be attending if you are comfortable then go we just aren’t

Reply privately

By *exmadcouple42Couple
over a year ago

Home

The sun paper managed to get comments from post about corona virus so stating where venues are at will put alot of people off, keep list of people and private message location day before or on kik chat group. Its also prevents trouble makers leaking the location, last thing anyone wants is the papers turning up ruining the party. And swingers faces plastered over the front cover of news

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 18:24:40]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The sun paper managed to get comments from post about corona virus so stating where venues are at will put alot of people off, keep list of people and private message location day before or on kik chat group. Its also prevents trouble makers leaking the location, last thing anyone wants is the papers turning up ruining the party. And swingers faces plastered over the front cover of news "

Well yes remember what happened to the shoebox

So it was a bit naïve to post the location on the organisers status on the day

When I messaged them about this I got blocked and removed from the kik group

I was only trying to help as we know that things can happen

But I’m sure they will take on board the feedback that’s been given to tweak how they run the socials in future

It’s good for Edinburgh to have some events x

Reply privately

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Agree with the money up front then if you don’t go that’s your look out, also definitely agree with what’s been said about location being kept to those going and until the last second, especially in light of today’s Sun article,

It’s not something I’d feel comfortable at now the location is well known and still visible in forums, but good luck to the organisers

Reply privately

over a year ago

As we've booked our hotel we'd happily pay up front to attend. Guaranteed numbers that way

Reply privately

over a year ago

Were is, most folk staying in what hotel

Reply privately

By *wynnieTV/TS
over a year ago

Stirling

How much would it cost this TV Sissy to get in? X

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

"How much would it cost this TV Sissy to get in? X"

£10 for a tv

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

With much consideration and regret we are having to cancel the 4th of April Edinburgh social.Due to the current situation escalating .

Reply privately

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

That is a shame but maybe wise. Hopefully i will get to another one in the future.x

Reply privately

over a year ago

edinburgh

We will be back bigger, better and even more organised. Thank you to everyone who has encouraged and supported us so far. We appreciate you all. MILF.

Reply privately

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Scotsguy2000 - here’s the thread I was on about in the after eight thread

Reply privately

over a year ago

Is there and age limit for the social, I would very much like to go and meet new people and dip my toe into the water

Reply privately

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Is there and age limit for the social, I would very much like to go and meet new people and dip my toe into the water"
This post is a year old we are still in lockdown

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there and age limit for the social, I would very much like to go and meet new people and dip my toe into the waterThis post is a year old we are still in lockdown "
Yes I know but I was told that it was only delayed, not cancelled so I was curious

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there and age limit for the social, I would very much like to go and meet new people and dip my toe into the waterThis post is a year old we are still in lockdown Yes I know but I was told that it was only delayed, not cancelled so I was curious "
Just need to wait and see once things begin to open up again

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there and age limit for the social, I would very much like to go and meet new people and dip my toe into the waterThis post is a year old we are still in lockdown Yes I know but I was told that it was only delayed, not cancelled so I was curious Just need to wait and see once things begin to open up again "
yes very true

Reply privately

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

The organisers profile recently said to Wink them if you were interested. It doesn't now, but it wouldn't hurt to try, it may be the easiest way to get info about the Social.

Mandy

Reply privately

over a year ago

I went to their last one and it was really good - sadly can’t wink them as they have blocked single guys so send me friend request so i can contact you please

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

Totnes

Milf n Filf

not for £20

Same rules apply here my friend. But if you don’t want to pay the price, then by all means don’t go. "

The whole point about socials is they are not clubs...indeed many are free or very minimal cost ...I know some exclude single guys..but most dont and most certainly don't charge them extra.

I've organised socials and managed the guest list to ensure a good .ix and had some great venues and events.

It's about creating a good atmosphere and stopping the stereotyping of single guys. I've been to couples only events as well and the atmosphere is a lot more sociable with single guys and girls as well as couples.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Jeso, you would think that after lockdown and practically zero events for anyone, folk would be buzzing for a night out! £20 is not a massive price, cmon now boys lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh, and how does 1 sign up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Is there and age limit for the social, I would very much like to go and meet new people and dip my toe into the waterThis post is a year old we are still in lockdown "

Ah Jesus, didn't notice that

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

Totnes

"Jeso, you would think that after lockdown and practically zero events for anyone, folk would be buzzing for a night out! £20 is not a massive price, cmon now boys lol"

It's the principle.. not the money ...and for me what socials can be in avoiding all the negative aspects of fab

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was it the last one with a female friend it was a blast,. Myself personally they are an amazing couple, and they done a great job as hosting there first of many successful events

Reply privately

By *uesttosoulMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Why are single guys kicking off about the price

Just pay or don’t pay

The reason why there is a limit and a high price is to limit the number of guys standing there making couples and single girls feel uncomfortable

If you paid let’s say for argument sake, £5 and you walked in the venue and see 60 single guys and 4 couples and a few single girls, you will be the first to jump on the forum and say this was terrible.

If you don’t like it post your own social haha

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

Totnes

"Why are single guys kicking off about the price

Just pay or don’t pay

The reason why there is a limit and a high price is to limit the number of guys standing there making couples and single girls feel uncomfortable

If you paid let’s say for argument sake, £5 and you walked in the venue and see 60 single guys and 4 couples and a few single girls, you will be the first to jump on the forum and say this was terrible.

"

I do..price doesnt control numbers of attendees.. ha ha

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just pay or don’t pay

"

The limit yes I agree, the higher price , your argument is nonsense. Charge up front and set your numbers , job done.

As for if we don't like it , then it's simple I won't go.

But food for thought, if a guy is willing to pay anything to attend an event then that tells me he has no self worth , may as well charge £50 per single guy and let everyone else go free.

Reply privately

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

Clubs in GC charge singles more No issue with the concept Sorry can’t make the 4th but hope you all have a ball

Reply privately

By *oggingnfloggingCouple
over a year ago

fife

"Clubs in GC charge singles more No issue with the concept Sorry can’t make the 4th but hope you all have a ball "

This is an old thread.

Reply privately

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

"Clubs in GC charge singles more No issue with the concept Sorry can’t make the 4th but hope you all have a ball

This is an old thread."

LOL couldn’t make the old one either Kids birthday Might struggle next year too

Reply privately

By *edeWoman
over a year ago

the abyss

Just pay or don’t pay

The limit yes I agree, the higher price , your argument is nonsense. Charge up front and set your numbers , job done.

As for if we don't like it , then it's simple I won't go.

But food for thought, if a guy is willing to pay anything to attend an event then that tells me he has no self worth , may as well charge £50 per single guy and let everyone else go free. "

Now that is a great idea - I'll happily go for free

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Clubs in GC charge singles more No issue with the concept Sorry can’t make the 4th but hope you all have a ball "
Clubs are very different to a simple social night.

The charge for a social in my opinion should be the same price per person

Reply privately

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Milf n Filf

"

so take the money before the social if you ain't paid you ain't going

Reply privately

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Just pay or don’t pay

"

what utter nonsense you walk in and see 60 people do you think saying that nonsense making couples and single girls uncomfortable will curry favour believe me it doesn't it just spotlights you like a deer in the crosshairs

Reply privately

By *lasgowSocialButterfliesCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Milf n Filf

so take the money before the social if you ain't paid you ain't going"

This is what we do... We don't limit anyone, we take a mixed ratio and once spaces are gone they gone, of you pay and don't turn up that's up to you

Reply privately

By *jonesMan
over a year ago

Totnes

"Clubs in GC charge singles more No issue with the concept Sorry can’t make the 4th but hope you all have a ball Clubs are very different to a simple social night.

The charge for a social in my opinion should be the same price per person "

I have a couples profile with a lady friend and we organise some great socials in smart venues..I find that as long as we guarantee numbers (I put a deposit down) we dont have to pay..and whilst its hard work managing the guest list..its been very popular ...its free for everyone...and a great vibe...

Reply privately

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Clubs in GC charge singles more No issue with the concept Sorry can’t make the 4th but hope you all have a ball Clubs are very different to a simple social night.

The charge for a social in my opinion should be the same price per person

I have a couples profile with a lady friend and we organise some great socials in smart venues..I find that as long as we guarantee numbers (I put a deposit down) we dont have to pay..and whilst its hard work managing the guest list..its been very popular ...its free for everyone...and a great vibe..."

Could you kindly share the name of your couples social profile so I can add it to my hotlist please

Reply privately

By *an from UncleMan
over a year ago

ml1

So £20 for a single guy £10 for a TS. I am in . Can any of you girls lend me a dress

Reply privately

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"So £20 for a single guy £10 for a TS. I am in . Can any of you girls lend me a dress "

No need to dress up. It’s 2021 in the SNP run Scotland. Simply say you identify as a female and pay the female rates. You’ll also have two choice of toilet facilities to choose from

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wtf has that Got to do with the SNP?

Every post now?

Reply privately

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Wtf has that Got to do with the SNP?

Every post now? "

Get him telt. There’s no need!!!!

Reply privately

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Every post now? "

They introduced the bill here in Scotland

Reply privately

over a year ago

And?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Every post now?

They introduced the bill here in Scotland "

Reply privately

By *eefyBangerMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"And?

"

Aaaaaand the gentleman above who was asking for a loan of a dress would be well within his rights to indentify as a female without dressing up thus meaning he would only have to pay the female rate at clubs and events in future

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some people take Fab far too serious.

Reply privately