Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Equality what is it

Jump to newest

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

It amazes me the crazy swing there is In what equality is.

So let's hear your "version" if you feel like it you could also sling some nasty comments as you dont agree with someone could make it interesting

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Am on ma period sorry - too busy looking for a free tampon

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Am on ma period sorry - too busy looking for a free tampon "
no probs your in scotland fill yer boots.....or a 10p bag for life

over a year ago

Sorry, too busy here in the garden of Eden looking for the condom machine

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Sorry, too busy here in the garden of Eden looking for the condom machine"
turn right at the dino hut

over a year ago

"Sorry, too busy here in the garden of Eden looking for the condom machine"

There's a bowl of free ones beside the free tampons at the Family Planning Clinic

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Sorry, too busy here in the garden of Eden looking for the condom machine

There's a bowl of free ones beside the free tampons at the Family Planning Clinic "

only in the female toilets sorry

over a year ago

"Am on ma period sorry - too busy looking for a free tampon no probs your in scotland fill yer boots.....or a 10p bag for life "

I remember bags used to be free... is it an equality issue they charge now?

over a year ago

There's a bowl of free ones beside the free tampons at the Family Planning Clinic "

Hush woman. I only listen to men, for men are superior and full of manly righteousness.

By *oldswarriorMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Same rules for everyone.

Well that's what I would assume.

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Am on ma period sorry - too busy looking for a free tampon no probs your in scotland fill yer boots.....or a 10p bag for life

I remember bags used to be free... is it an equality issue they charge now?"

nope everyone's charged the same so its equal

over a year ago

There's a bowl of free ones beside the free tampons at the Family Planning Clinic

Hush woman. I only listen to men, for men are superior and full of manly righteousness."

Apologies ... is it three or four steps I walk behind you... I've forgotten because I'm a mere woman and of course all those hormones make me forgetful...

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Same rules for everyone.

"

I agree

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Hush woman. I only listen to men, for men are superior and full of manly righteousness.

Apologies ... is it three or four steps I walk behind you... I've forgotten because I'm a mere woman and of course all those hormones make me forgetful... "

walk where you wish in an equal society

over a year ago

"Am on ma period sorry - too busy looking for a free tampon no probs your in scotland fill yer boots.....or a 10p bag for life

I remember bags used to be free... is it an equality issue they charge now?nope everyone's charged the same so its equal "

lol on that note... Animal Farm... is a good example of why true equality can never happen but we can make it better

over a year ago

Apologies ... is it three or four steps I walk behind you... I've forgotten because I'm a mere woman and of course all those hormones make me forgetful... walk where you wish in an equal society"

In Scotland I think that's true as I think there isn't a tresspass law but not so sure about England...

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

I remember bags used to be free... is it an equality issue they charge now?nope everyone's charged the same so its equal

lol on that note... Animal Farm... is a good example of why true equality can never happen but we can make it better "

true equality is easily attainable but it reqs all to want equality and not a "version" of it

over a year ago

"

Ok I will take the bait... thats not equality.

Equality means first of all recognising that society is unequal, and that some need a lift (or some need to be lowered) to create fairness. Can anyone argue against that?

over a year ago

"Apologies ... is it three or four steps I walk behind you... I've forgotten because I'm a mere woman and of course all those hormones make me forgetful... "

Which part of hush confuses you, female?

over a year ago

Equality means first of all recognising that society is unequal, and that some need a lift (or some need to be lowered) to create fairness. Can anyone argue against that?"

SOME can but I agree lol

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Equality means first of all recognising that society is unequal, and that some need a lift (or some need to be lowered) to create fairness. Can anyone argue against that?"

can but wont

over a year ago

Equality means first of all recognising that society is unequal, and that some need a lift (or some need to be lowered) to create fairness. Can anyone argue against that?can but wont "

Feartie

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Equality means first of all recognising that society is unequal, and that some need a lift (or some need to be lowered) to create fairness. Can anyone argue against that?can but wont

Feartie "

boots are shaking honest.

It's the many diffrent version I was looking to be enlightened on

over a year ago

"Apologies ... is it three or four steps I walk behind you... I've forgotten because I'm a mere woman and of course all those hormones make me forgetful...

Which part of hush confuses you, female? "

(wee ninja emoji)

over a year ago

Equality means first of all recognising that society is unequal, and that some need a lift (or some need to be lowered) to create fairness. Can anyone argue against that?can but wont

Feartie boots are shaking honest.

It's the many diffrent version I was looking to be enlightened on "

Can you expand that please?

over a year ago

I want equality on fab for fuglies and those with small cocks.. We should have the same chance as trouser tree trunks and six packs.. Just coz "someone" packs a keg and a chipolata doesn't mean they should be treated differently.

By *eep.Man
over a year ago

Just a background character

Period poverty is about financial inequality. The word poverty is a clue.

It's not about fairness in helping one sex rather than another. It's about reducing the financial inequality that impacts those who can't afford sanitary products.

Hard to believe it needs explaining!

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Can you expand that please?"

no because I only know that equality should be equal clues in the name

over a year ago

Can you expand that please?no because I only know that equality should be equal clues in the name "

I understand what equality SHOULD mean the bit I don't understand is the many different version? No matter.

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Period poverty is about financial inequality. The word poverty is a clue.

It's not about fairness in helping one sex rather than another. It's about reducing the financial inequality that impacts those who can't afford sanitary products.

Hard to believe it needs explaining!"

yes this!! This is the point I was trying to make on the period poverty thread

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Hard to believe it needs explaining!"

lol sorry simply dont agree theres a cost to being male or female and wanting to buy products to feel comfortable.

One getting free while another paying simply isn't equal it's a bias you may note I never said it's not a good thing but it simply is not equal

over a year ago

yes this!! This is the point I was trying to make on the period poverty thread "

**** For those who may not know, this thread was on the back of the Period Poverty thread (I think) ******

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

**** For those who may not know, this thread was on the back of the Period Poverty thread (I think) ******"

that thread raised the issue the equality seems to have diffrent meanings to folk yup

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

**** For those who may not know, this thread was on the back of the Period Poverty thread (I think) ******"

I’m pretty sure it is, I’m disappointed it got closed as I was looking forward to suggestions of what I could use instead of bought sanitary products as apparently they’re not a necessity

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

**** For those who may not know, this thread was on the back of the Period Poverty thread (I think) ******

I’m pretty sure it is, I’m disappointed it got closed as I was looking forward to suggestions of what I could use instead of bought sanitary products as apparently they’re not a necessity "

alot of words put in folks mouths who said they ain't a necessity

over a year ago

I’m pretty sure it is, I’m disappointed it got closed as I was looking forward to suggestions of what I could use instead of bought sanitary products as apparently they’re not a necessity "

Lol well, I think the post went off topic as is so often the case missus. I can just see Kirsty Allsop on o new craft programme showing us how to make them though - wee bit of tinsel as the thread for Christmas time - ocht it could be fun

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m pretty sure it is, I’m disappointed it got closed as I was looking forward to suggestions of what I could use instead of bought sanitary products as apparently they’re not a necessity alot of words put in folks mouths who said they ain't a necessity"

You literally said that BOUGHT sanitary products are not a necessity

By *eep.Man
over a year ago

Just a background character

Hard to believe it needs explaining!lol sorry simply dont agree theres a cost to being male or female and wanting to buy products to feel comfortable.

One getting free while another paying simply isn't equal it's a bias you may note I never said it's not a good thing but it simply is not equal "

You took one example of the government reducing financial inequality and turned it into a gender inequality debate.

There are different types of ineauality - racial, sexual, gender, financial.

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m pretty sure it is, I’m disappointed it got closed as I was looking forward to suggestions of what I could use instead of bought sanitary products as apparently they’re not a necessity

Lol well, I think the post went off topic as is so often the case missus. I can just see Kirsty Allsop on o new craft programme showing us how to make them though - wee bit of tinsel as the thread for Christmas time - ocht it could be fun "

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Lol well, I think the post went off topic as is so often the case missus. I can just see Kirsty Allsop on o new craft programme showing us how to make them though - wee bit of tinsel as the thread for Christmas time - ocht it could be fun "

the guy could get a milling wheel and show how to sharpen a bit of tin roof for shaving also may have a blockbuster show concept here

over a year ago

Lol well, I think the post went off topic as is so often the case missus. I can just see Kirsty Allsop on o new craft programme showing us how to make them though - wee bit of tinsel as the thread for Christmas time - ocht it could be fun the guy could get a milling wheel and show how to sharpen a bit of tin roof for shaving also may have a blockbuster show concept here "

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Hard to believe it needs explaining!lol sorry simply dont agree theres a cost to being male or female and wanting to buy products to feel comfortable.

One getting free while another paying simply isn't equal it's a bias you may note I never said it's not a good thing but it simply is not equal

You took one example of the government reducing financial inequality and turned it into a gender inequality debate.

There are different types of ineauality - racial, sexual, gender, financial. "

no I stated my thought on the subject and folk took exception

over a year ago

There are different types of ineauality - racial, sexual, gender, financial. no I stated my thought on the subject and folk took exception "

Ohhhh you never "just state your thoughts ya midden" by the same token though, others EQUALLY just stated their thoughs

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

For me there are no sub sections equality is about equal irrespective of race colour creed gender or anything else

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

There are different types of ineauality - racial, sexual, gender, financial. no I stated my thought on the subject and folk took exception

Ohhhh you never "just state your thoughts ya midden" by the same token though, others EQUALLY just stated their thoughs "

it did then I proceeded to defend my thoughts when I'm told I'm wrong and folk can and say their own thoughts

over a year ago

"For me there are no sub sections equality is about equal irrespective of race colour creed gender or anything else "

True but each of those have different needs, does addressing a need mean inequality?

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Your not really gonna make me cut n paste my first comment on that post are ya which is still my standpoint I'm sure yet glad to know

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"For me there are no sub sections equality is about equal irrespective of race colour creed gender or anything else

True but each of those have different needs, does addressing a need mean inequality? "

it can be especially when not implemented properly to target who its ment to help

over a year ago

There are different types of ineauality - racial, sexual, gender, financial. no I stated my thought on the subject and folk took exception

Ohhhh you never "just state your thoughts ya midden" by the same token though, others EQUALLY just stated their thoughs it did then I proceeded to defend my thoughts when I'm told I'm wrong and folk can and say their own thoughts "

I think that's called a difference of opinion, which of course we are all entitled too

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 28/02/20 12:02:31]

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Ohhhh you never "just state your thoughts ya midden" by the same token though, others EQUALLY just stated their thoughs it did then I proceeded to defend my thoughts when I'm told I'm wrong and folk can and say their own thoughts

I think that's called a difference of opinion, which of course we are all entitled too

"

hence this post still no clearer how folk see equality differently though

over a year ago

Really equality is about ensuring that every individual has an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives.

Therefore, no one should have a poorer life chance because of the way they were born, where they come from, what they believe or whether they have a disability.

As a result you have to recognise that certain groups of people experience discrimination on the basis of race, disability, sex and sexual orientation.

Thus treating everyone the same does not overcome discrimination and does not produce equality.

over a year ago

"For me there are no sub sections equality is about equal irrespective of race colour creed gender or anything else

True but each of those have different needs, does addressing a need mean inequality? it can be especially when not implemented properly to target who its ment to help"

Uhuh but implementation can be difficult , do you NOT do something because of that. In doing so you deny those in need perhaps? I think society is trying to be better by providing it. I would also suggest (in relation to the period issue) the fact that women menstruate and men don't is merely biology. It's a need women have men don't, it's not inequality to try and help women who are too poor to afford it. The bigger issue here is WHY they can't afford it which is more about poverty, jobs etc etc

over a year ago

Ohhhh you never "just state your thoughts ya midden" by the same token though, others EQUALLY just stated their thoughs it did then I proceeded to defend my thoughts when I'm told I'm wrong and folk can and say their own thoughts

hence this post still no clearer how folk see equality differently though "

I think folk see equality pretty much as you said but different folk have different needs. For instance what about religious needs in the workplace - prayers etc. Should folk who don't have a place or time allocated for that feel it's inequality???

over a year ago

"Really equality is about ensuring that every individual has an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives.

Therefore, no one should have a poorer life chance because of the way they were born, where they come from, what they believe or whether they have a disability.

As a result you have to recognise that certain groups of people experience discrimination on the basis of race, disability, sex and sexual orientation.

Thus treating everyone the same does not overcome discrimination and does not produce equality. "

Well said

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Really equality is about ensuring that every individual has an equal opportunity to make the most of their lives.

Thus treating everyone the same does not overcome discrimination and does not produce equality. "

so is discrimination not the inequality so to break that would it not req equality not a bias towards one group? that's my thought

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

I think folk see equality pretty much as you said but different folk have different needs. For instance what about religious needs in the workplace - prayers etc. Should folk who don't have a place or time allocated for that feel it's inequality??? "

if you cant fit the contractual obligation you shouldn't enter into it

over a year ago

Thus treating everyone the same does not overcome discrimination and does not produce equality.

so is discrimination not the inequality so to break that would it not req equality not a bias towards one group? that's my thought "

Any bias (or additional support) given toward one group would be to level the playing field. Giving them an equal chance; in comparison to other group. It’s NOT giving them an advantage over any other group. As, going back to the definition, that would not be equality.

over a year ago

Thus treating everyone the same does not overcome discrimination and does not produce equality. so is discrimination not the inequality so to break that would it not req equality not a bias towards one group? that's my thought "

I think you're being a wee bit inflexible which is how most inequalities are produced. Discrimination or inequality is much the same thing but may mean different things to different people. To give one group something it needs is not necessarily inequality. A wee bit of common sense and flexibility is required. For instance, again re periods, I imagine the issue of women not being able to afford it was raised and the government has tried to address it, a good thing surely?

over a year ago

I think folk see equality pretty much as you said but different folk have different needs. For instance what about religious needs in the workplace - prayers etc. Should folk who don't have a place or time allocated for that feel it's inequality??? if you cant fit the contractual obligation you shouldn't enter into it"

You lost me with that comment - what has your religion got to do with contractual obligation???

over a year ago

so is discrimination not the inequality so to break that would it not req equality not a bias towards one group? that's my thought

Any bias (or additional support) given toward one group would be to level the playing field. Giving them an equal chance; in comparison to other group. It’s NOT giving them an advantage over any other group. As, going back to the definition, that would not be equality. "

Again good point

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Any bias (or additional support) given toward one group would be to level the playing field. Giving them an equal chance; in comparison to other group. It’s NOT giving them an advantage over any other group. As, going back to the definition, that would not be equality. "

theirin lies the problem does it level the playing field it's been shown many times it doesn't it creates a bias which can swing to far in the other direction.I get it's mostly done with good intentions but is it equality imo no a good example was a check on car insurance adjustments a form was filled twice all day the same apart from the surname the names Smith and Singh were used the result was over 20% diffrence in price

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

To itchy with tinsel surely ?

over a year ago

Any bias (or additional support) given toward one group would be to level the playing field. Giving them an equal chance; in comparison to other group. It’s NOT giving them an advantage over any other group. As, going back to the definition, that would not be equality. theirin lies the problem does it level the playing field it's been shown many times it doesn't it creates a bias which can swing to far in the other direction.I get it's mostly done with good intentions but is it equality imo no a good example was a check on car insurance adjustments a form was filled twice all day the same apart from the surname the names Smith and Singh were used the result was over 20% diffrence in price "

There are many examples of inequality, bias and discrimination. It will always happen regardless of how many laws are made. Sometimes such things are very personal. The important thing is we try to redress it even if it needs refined at times.

The example you use is interesting as and I'm grabbing the bull by the horns here. I take it you are implying race made one persons insurance higher??? Just guessing but is that because (for example) statistically those of another culture experience discrimination based aggression such as damage to their car? If that was the case then the extra insurance is not discriminatory but based on statistics if you see what I mean

over a year ago

Any bias (or additional support) given toward one group would be to level the playing field. Giving them an equal chance; in comparison to other group. It’s NOT giving them an advantage over any other group. As, going back to the definition, that would not be equality.

theirin lies the problem does it level the playing field it's been shown many times it doesn't it creates a bias which can swing to far in the other direction.I get it's mostly done with good intentions but is it equality imo no a good example was a check on car insurance adjustments a form was filled twice all day the same apart from the surname the names Smith and Singh were used the result was over 20% diffrence in price "

It feels like you are citing inequality and discrimination there. So that’s not equality - as per the definition.

So let me talk through an example of equality in action. I’ve changed it to keep it more neutral...

A company advertise a leadership job, open both internally and externally. Now the word leadership has many different definitions and culturally different all over the world.

Thus when filling in the application form internal candidates have an advantage over external candidates; as they understand what leadership means in this context.

Now if said company added a primer into their candidate pack, which explains what they mean by leadership, then external candidates are getting support / help. But it’s only bring them to the same level of knowledge as internal applicants. Thus equality and not advantage. In the equality world this is referred to as Positive Action.

Worth remember Positive Discrimination is illegal in the UK.

over a year ago

Lol well, I think the post went off topic as is so often the case missus. I can just see Kirsty Allsop on o new craft programme showing us how to make them though - wee bit of tinsel as the thread for Christmas time - ocht it could be fun

To itchy with tinsel surely ? "

Canestan that

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

I think folk see equality pretty much as you said but different folk have different needs. For instance what about religious needs in the workplace - prayers etc. Should folk who don't have a place or time allocated for that feel it's inequality??? if you cant fit the contractual obligation you shouldn't enter into it

You lost me with that comment - what has your religion got to do with contractual obligation??? "

you wrote in the workplace so if your contracted to work between hours then you should be working if you cant due to religious obligations you shouldn't enter into a contract doesn't allow it

over a year ago

I think folk see equality pretty much as you said but different folk have different needs. For instance what about religious needs in the workplace - prayers etc. Should folk who don't have a place or time allocated for that feel it's inequality??? if you cant fit the contractual obligation you shouldn't enter into it

You lost me with that comment - what has your religion got to do with contractual obligation??? you wrote in the workplace so if your contracted to work between hours then you should be working if you cant due to religious obligations you shouldn't enter into a contract doesn't allow it"

I think you'll find a lot of people would find that comment discriminating. Should an employer then not employ someone of a religion that requires that? Again they would be guilty of discrimination. Same goes for disability or gender???

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

You lost me with that comment - what has your religion got to do with contractual obligation??? you wrote in the workplace so if your contracted to work between hours then you should be working if you cant due to religious obligations you shouldn't enter into a contract doesn't allow it

I think you'll find a lot of people would find that comment discriminating. Should an employer then not employ someone of a religion that requires that? Again they would be guilty of discrimination. Same goes for disability or gender??? "

they should employ the person that fits the contract best irrespective of any circumstance

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

You lost me with that comment - what has your religion got to do with contractual obligation??? you wrote in the workplace so if your contracted to work between hours then you should be working if you cant due to religious obligations you shouldn't enter into a contract doesn't allow it

I think you'll find a lot of people would find that comment discriminating. Should an employer then not employ someone of a religion that requires that? Again they would be guilty of discrimination. Same goes for disability or gender??? "

I want to employ someone to tidy my house between 1500 and 1600 I have no other available hrs. one needs ten mins off at 1520 the others an atheist who should I employ

over a year ago

I think you'll find a lot of people would find that comment discriminating. Should an employer then not employ someone of a religion that requires that? Again they would be guilty of discrimination. Same goes for disability or gender??? I want to employ someone to tidy my house between 1500 and 1600 I have no other available hrs. one needs ten mins off at 1520 the others an atheist who should I employ"

Good luck on getting anyone for an hour. I do believe breaks are not required for an hour though. Quite frankly your point there is pedantic and ridiculous

over a year ago

I think you'll find a lot of people would find that comment discriminating. Should an employer then not employ someone of a religion that requires that? Again they would be guilty of discrimination. Same goes for disability or gender??? I want to employ someone to tidy my house between 1500 and 1600 I have no other available hrs. one needs ten mins off at 1520 the others an atheist who should I employ

Good luck on getting anyone for an hour. I do believe breaks are not required for an hour though. Quite frankly your point there is pedantic and ridiculous "

Or employ them for half an hour each... or tidy yer ain hoose

over a year ago

I think you'll find a lot of people would find that comment discriminating. Should an employer then not employ someone of a religion that requires that? Again they would be guilty of discrimination. Same goes for disability or gender??? I want to employ someone to tidy my house between 1500 and 1600 I have no other available hrs. one needs ten mins off at 1520 the others an atheist who should I employ"

The atheist goes to the toilet for a poo n takes 10 minutes.

Your atheist is a smoker n goes for a fag.

Your atheist is a carer and regularly gets calls from the person they cater for.

The person that needs to pray is one hell of a cleaner and does a brilliant job. While taking 10 minutes to pray they get the job done, to a hugger standard than you want.

It’s all ifs buts and maybes with fantasy scenario made up to fit your world view

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

I think you'll find a lot of people would find that comment discriminating. Should an employer then not employ someone of a religion that requires that? Again they would be guilty of discrimination. Same goes for disability or gender??? I want to employ someone to tidy my house between 1500 and 1600 I have no other available hrs. one needs ten mins off at 1520 the others an atheist who should I employ

Good luck on getting anyone for an hour. I do believe breaks are not required for an hour though. Quite frankly your point there is pedantic and ridiculous "

my point was equality should be about all things equal and nothing to do with gender religion colour or anything else ps yer hired

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

The atheist goes to the toilet for a poo n takes 10 minutes.

Your atheist is a smoker n goes for a fag.

Your atheist is a carer and regularly gets calls from the person they cater for.

The person that needs to pray is one hell of a cleaner and does a brilliant job. While taking 10 minutes to pray they get the job done, to a hugger standard than you want.

It’s all ifs buts and maybes with fantasy scenario made up to fit your world view "

is your this group needs more help not exactly what your doing though fitting your narrative around what equality is.

I used the scenario I did because it was clear cut and it turns into a raging shit party and a fantastic 50 mins.

over a year ago

Good luck on getting anyone for an hour. I do believe breaks are not required for an hour though. Quite frankly your point there is pedantic and ridiculous my point was equality should be about all things equal and nothing to do with gender religion colour or anything else ps yer hired "

No one is disputing that

Do I need referees???

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Good luck on getting anyone for an hour. I do believe breaks are not required for an hour though. Quite frankly your point there is pedantic and ridiculous my point was equality should be about all things equal and nothing to do with gender religion colour or anything else ps yer hired

No one is disputing that

Do I need referees??? "

only if ya intend to box my ears of no references required

over a year ago

Good luck on getting anyone for an hour. I do believe breaks are not required for an hour though. Quite frankly your point there is pedantic and ridiculous my point was equality should be about all things equal and nothing to do with gender religion colour or anything else ps yer hired

No one is disputing that

Do I need referees??? only if ya intend to box my ears of no references required "

Bejasus - I'd take the job unpaid if it involved boxing yer ears

over a year ago

"It amazes me the crazy swing there is In what equality is.

So let's hear your "version" if you feel like it you could also sling some nasty comments as you dont agree with someone could make it interesting "

Fuck equality, I worked hard to get to where I am . If someone wants equality with me or get above me then let them work as hard or harder. If not then tough titty , you Ain't getting equality.

over a year ago

So let's hear your "version" if you feel like it you could also sling some nasty comments as you dont agree with someone could make it interesting

Fuck equality, I worked hard to get to where I am . If someone wants equality with me or get above me then let them work as hard or harder. If not then tough titty , you Ain't getting equality. "

But did you work equally as hard as anyone else

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

No one is disputing that

Do I need referees??? only if ya intend to box my ears of no references required

Bejasus - I'd take the job unpaid if it involved boxing yer ears "

no worry what size gloves ya want and do you need a stool to reach

over a year ago

As kola says , if you can't do the job I require, you Ain't getting the job, simple.

over a year ago

Fuck equality, I worked hard to get to where I am . If someone wants equality with me or get above me then let them work as hard or harder. If not then tough titty , you Ain't getting equality.

But did you work equally as hard as anyone else "

Perhaps , perhaps not , but I certainly worked smarter which makes the difference.

over a year ago

No one is disputing that

Do I need referees??? only if ya intend to box my ears of no references required

Bejasus - I'd take the job unpaid if it involved boxing yer ears no worry what size gloves ya want and do you need a stool to reach "

The biggest gloves you have and no stool - if I can't reach your ears I'll go for what I can reach

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

No one is disputing that

Bejasus - I'd take the job unpaid if it involved boxing yer ears no worry what size gloves ya want and do you need a stool to reach

The biggest gloves you have and no stool - if I can't reach your ears I'll go for what I can reach "

best get shin guards pmsl

over a year ago

Perhaps , perhaps not , but I certainly worked smarter which makes the difference. "

On the KIS (Kola Inequality Scale) that's an 11 out of 10

over a year ago

No one is disputing that

Bejasus - I'd take the job unpaid if it involved boxing yer ears no worry what size gloves ya want and do you need a stool to reach

The biggest gloves you have and no stool - if I can't reach your ears I'll go for what I can reach best get shin guards pmsl"

I wasn't thinking of shins

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Perhaps , perhaps not , but I certainly worked smarter which makes the difference.

On the KIS (Kola Inequality Scale) that's an 11 out of 10 "

oh I get my own scale for the record there is no scale theres equality or not

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

No one is disputing that

The biggest gloves you have and no stool - if I can't reach your ears I'll go for what I can reach best get shin guards pmsl

I wasn't thinking of shins "

no clue on what yer thinking

over a year ago

No one is disputing that

The biggest gloves you have and no stool - if I can't reach your ears I'll go for what I can reach best get shin guards pmsl

I wasn't thinking of shins no clue on what yer thinking "

Clue: You have two of them

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Knees cant be my balls as apparently I have none

over a year ago

"Knees cant be my balls as apparently I have none "

Correct but I do hope they are EQUALLY sized and placed

over a year ago

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Knees cant be my balls as apparently I have none

Correct but I do hope they are EQUALLY sized and placed "

course they are my body's in perfect symmetry

over a year ago

Correct but I do hope they are EQUALLY sized and placed course they are my body's in perfect symmetry "

No comment

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Correct but I do hope they are EQUALLY sized and placed course they are my body's in perfect symmetry

No comment "

go on ya know ya wanna lol

over a year ago

Correct but I do hope they are EQUALLY sized and placed course they are my body's in perfect symmetry

No comment go on ya know ya wanna lol"

As Oasis sang “true perfection has to be imperfect”

over a year ago

I'm just glad folk have stopped quoting the ENTIRE THREAD in their posts. Lazy bums

over a year ago

"I'm just glad folk have stopped quoting the ENTIRE THREAD in their posts. Lazy bums "

We are just enthusiastic and it saves folk having to go back over the thread

over a year ago

So let's hear your "version" if you feel like it you could also sling some nasty comments as you dont agree with someone could make it interesting "

The Holy grail

over a year ago

the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities

over a year ago

Equality will never truly exist because of human bias

over a year ago

"Equality will never truly exist because of human bias "

Agreed there

over a year ago

"I'm just glad folk have stopped quoting the ENTIRE THREAD in their posts. Lazy bums "

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Equality is when people stop judging women on their looks and making assumptions. Eg a dumb blonde. No one says the same about a guy. I’ve seen a guy try to mansplaiin something to a female friend at CJs who holds an engineering degree. She soon put him in his place. It was great to see him put in his place!

over a year ago

Lot of people full of themselves on this one

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Equality is when people stop judging women on their looks and making assumptions. Eg a dumb blonde. No one says the same about a guy. I’ve seen a guy try to mansplaiin something to a female friend at CJs who holds an engineering degree. She soon put him in his place. It was great to see him put in his place!

"

equality cant just be about females

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Equality will never truly exist because of human bias "
I think it's super difficult to have as it requires all to want it I believe that's how we end up with the attempts at equality through inequality as some have said they are looking more at equality of outcome over true equality

By *onmacMan
over a year ago

glasgow

That's fine if we all buy into it. In reality plenty of people see equality as allowing them to live their particular lifestyle as they choose and not being dictated too.

Post new Message to Thread