Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Biggest Turn Offs - before meets!

Jump to newest

By *idnight-Blue22 OP   Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Morning everyone. Your inbox can get pretty busy, and filled with absolute drivel. The biggest turn off is peoples abilities to form proper sentences. ‘R u free’ or ‘how r u’ etc drive me insane, and not in a good way!

So it got me thinking, what’s everyone else’s pet peeves when mailed?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ighlander80884Man
over a year ago

Inverness

Spelling, text speak, sloppily written, it takes a few seconds to check your message before you hit send.

The word Hun!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I hate words like babe!

Poorly written messages.

People who are from Timbuktu that haven’t read profile.

The early morning weekend “I’m so horny wana fuck” messages

The list is endless!

over a year ago

glasgow

"Spelling, text speak, sloppily written, it takes a few seconds to check your message before you hit send.

The word Hun! "

Exactly, not hard to do! Oh not the biggest fan of ‘hun’ too, but ‘bro’, someone calling me that in general makes me boke, never mind here!

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I hate the way males feel the need to introduce themselves with their cock size. For example

"Hi i have an 7inch cock, thick girth and i am a heavy cummer".

over a year ago

When they start wanting national insurance numbers and bank details level of information

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

Prolonged oral givers. "I'd love to lick you for hours and make you cum with my tongue over and over again".

No thanks, so not for me x

over a year ago

glasgow

"Prolonged oral givers. "I'd love to lick you for hours and make you cum with my tongue over and over again".

No thanks, so not for me x"

I’m a fan of going down, don’t think I could do it hours upon hours haha

over a year ago

"I hate the way males feel the need to introduce themselves with their cock size. For example

"Hi i have an 7inch cock, thick girth and i am a heavy cummer"."

Hahaha yea that’s a good point too!

over a year ago

glasgow

"When they start wanting national insurance numbers and bank details level of information "

Some forgot peoples respect for privacy, just plain rude!

over a year ago

"When they start wanting national insurance numbers and bank details level of information

Some forgot peoples respect for privacy, just plain rude!"

I guess it’s more, too many questions. Not that I’ve anything to hide as everything is on my profile but endless questions do get boring

By *xybumWoman
over a year ago

East Kilbride

Calling me by any pet names! Or sending cock pics! Instant turn off

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

How someone communicates doesn't bug me in the slightest, so long as I can decipher the meaning behind it. It can be poorly, writted gramaticaly, or full of txt spk. Sesquipedalionly ornate or conversational. In if sumdy wants ti type how thi speak that's fine by me, tae. Ye can also caw me whit ye want, just dinny caw me ower.

I'd much rather an interesting, succinct, epigramatic message that's 'poorly' written, than something eloquently typed by a monocle-wearing toff, that's boring, flowery and grandiloquent.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

You are getting on great both looking forward to meeting then oh by the way do you have a bi fem friend who could join us ....instant turn off

over a year ago

I sometimes text talk as I have kids, one being A teenager and so my phone remembers text talk , some parents have to keep up the cool persona of being a cool, down to earth, up to date mum and we can sometimes forget to switch from text talk to the proper delivery of elocution, shoot me now!!! so if my text talk is a put off on here and people can't see the bigger picture then it isn't really my problem.

Sum peeps who text type do it for quickness as well as we also have lives and no hours and hours of time to sit doon and make sure all our ps and qs are in order. To me its how you speak and come across in person that's important!!

Text talk doesn't mean U R thick as 2 short planks, it's just a quicker way to respond. I would think that a response for sum in text talk is better than no response at all

So my pet peeve is the spelling police

over a year ago

"How someone communicates doesn't bug me in the slightest, so long as I can decipher the meaning behind it. It can be poorly, writted gramaticaly, or full of txt spk. Sesquipedalionly ornate or conversational. In if sumdy wants ti type how thi speak that's fine by me, tae. Ye can also caw me whit ye want, just dinny caw me ower.

I'd much rather an interesting, succinct, epigramatic message that's 'poorly' written, than something eloquently typed by a monocle-wearing toff, that's boring, flowery and grandiloquent. "

U R good at deciphering my messages or U get what Im talking aboot sometimes even if it doesn't make sense at least I'm no boring

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/01/20 10:54:55]

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"How someone communicates doesn't bug me in the slightest, so long as I can decipher the meaning behind it. It can be poorly, writted gramaticaly, or full of txt spk. Sesquipedalionly ornate or conversational. In if sumdy wants ti type how thi speak that's fine by me, tae. Ye can also caw me whit ye want, just dinny caw me ower.

I'd much rather an interesting, succinct, epigramatic message that's 'poorly' written, than something eloquently typed by a monocle-wearing toff, that's boring, flowery and grandiloquent.

U R good at deciphering my messages or U get what Im talking aboot sometimes even if it doesn't make sense at least I'm no boring "

I'd say your style of writing is chatty, conversational, somewhat curcuitous and definitely no pithy! To some it may seem verbose!

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"[Removed by poster at 22/01/20 10:54:55]"

Oh dear. The logophile didn't love her words!

over a year ago

I'd much rather an interesting, succinct, epigramatic message that's 'poorly' written, than something eloquently typed by a monocle-wearing toff, that's boring, flowery and grandiloquent. "

Yer awfy sexy when you're floriferous in your vocabulary...

What rips my knitting is why some folk message asking to meet at all when my profile says the following;

NOT MEETING ANYONE NEW AS VERY HAPPY WITH MY CURRENT CIRCLE OF FRIENDS

More than capable of seeking out my own entertainment ;-P

Prefer to make my own contact so please note that the site says a non response is a polite no thanks.

Happy Fabbing pervlings

Why would someone then message asking to meet etc??? (I know, I know - no-one reads profiles )

I'm now hidden and it's gloriously quiet ...

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 22/01/20 10:54:55]

Oh dear. The logophile didn't love her words!"

Spelling error

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I hate the way males feel the need to introduce themselves with their cock size. For example

"Hi i have an 7inch cock, thick girth and i am a heavy cummer"."

Sorry about that BB. Won’t happen again. But you misquoted me on the size ffs. How dare you cut three inches off my cock.

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Spelling error "

NeenawNeenawNeenawNeenaw

over a year ago

Spelling error

NeenawNeenawNeenawNeenaw"

Spelling Police??!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

over a year ago

U R good at deciphering my messages or U get what Im talking aboot sometimes even if it doesn't make sense at least I'm no boring

I'd say your style of writing is chatty, conversational, somewhat curcuitous and definitely no pithy! To some it may seem verbose!"

I take it to be you werent implying In a negative connotation. I do like to make sure I've covered all basis even in a roundabout way and can sure as hell hold a conversation open

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

" I'd say your style of writing is chatty, conversational, somewhat curcuitous and definitely no pithy! To some it may seem verbose!

I take it to be you werent implying In a negative connotation. I do like to make sure I've covered all basis even in a roundabout way and can sure as hell hold a conversation open "

Would I deliberately say something negative to upset you!? Nope - cos if yer bite is worse than yer bark, I'd be forum crumbs!

By *ltKittyWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

My main peeves are things like text talk, copy + paste messages, people demanding responses and dodgy genitals

over a year ago

Mails from people who seem lovely, but publish passive aggressive status updates clearly aimed at individuals who have scorned them.

No ta.

over a year ago

"Mails from people who seem lovely, but publish passive aggressive status updates clearly aimed at individuals who have scorned them.

No ta. "

This

Ignorance of English language and I don’t mean text talk.

over a year ago

Over descriptive messages of what they'd like to do to me.

If you wouldn't wander up to a complete stranger in Morrisons and tell them you'd like to "tear them a new pussy" why is it ok on here?

over a year ago

Messages ending in 'mmmmm' or 'hehe' it makes me cringe

over a year ago

"Messages ending in 'mmmmm' or 'hehe' it makes me cringe "

Yeah..the "Mmmmmmmmmmmm" gets me too!

I always imagine they've got a stutter when they write that.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Mails from people who seem lovely, but publish passive aggressive status updates clearly aimed at individuals who have scorned them.

No ta. "

This too ^^^

over a year ago

Replies (rare as they are) that include the word 'cute' orr accusations of being younger than I say

over a year ago

Constantly checking my profile, sending more than one initial message and the worst part is

"Wanna chat?" Can't delete fast enough.

By *liballyWoman
over a year ago

west dunbartonshire

Is anyone else ever tempted to reply no im very expensive when someone says r u free

over a year ago

Text speak,people asking rate my dick,what would you do to me if we meet, overly descriptive scenarios to name a few

over a year ago

"Is anyone else ever tempted to reply no im very expensive when someone says r u free"

As funny as that is it could go two ways

1 he reports you for attempting charge for sex

2 tells you a price

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/01/20 12:26:20]

By *liballyWoman
over a year ago

west dunbartonshire

"Is anyone else ever tempted to reply no im very expensive when someone says r u free

2 tells you a price "

Hope people would realise its a piss take, plus technically no mention of sex lol.

I also hate copy and paste messages sent repeatedly by the same person. If someone isn't interested the first time the repetition doesn't make anyone more appealing

over a year ago

Asking if i mind if their hot best friend joins us dressed as a librarian wearing a sexy skirt suit and sensible shoes...

By *ornyhappyCouple
over a year ago

perth

"Messages ending in 'mmmmm' or 'hehe' it makes me cringe "

Yes!

over a year ago

So many!

Using 'A' instead of I.. Really who actually speaks like that?

over a year ago

"Is anyone else ever tempted to reply no im very expensive when someone says r u free

2 tells you a price

Hope people would realise its a piss take, plus technically no mention of sex lol.

I also hate copy and paste messages sent repeatedly by the same person. If someone isn't interested the first time the repetition doesn't make anyone more appealing"

Copy and paste ones are a bug bare too a guy messaged me and my mate the exact same message didn't know we were sitting in the same room so she confronted him and he tried to say it wasn't a copy and paste

over a year ago

"So many!

Using 'A' instead of I.. Really who actually speaks like that?

"

That doesn't bug me but I know why people do it, they are typing how they talk certain areas of Scotland do it not noticed it in England

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh.

How yous? That’s a bonner killer right there.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Verification list with a shower of shits on it nothing could turn me off quicker

By *liballyWoman
over a year ago

west dunbartonshire

"

Copy and paste ones are a bug bare too a guy messaged me and my mate the exact same message didn't know we were sitting in the same room so she confronted him and he tried to say it wasn't a copy and paste "

Me and a colleague found out at our christmas night out a guy had messaged both of us identical messages on a dating site so we sent identical (right down to punctuation) replies to see if he would react

over a year ago

"

Copy and paste ones are a bug bare too a guy messaged me and my mate the exact same message didn't know we were sitting in the same room so she confronted him and he tried to say it wasn't a copy and paste

Me and a colleague found out at our christmas night out a guy had messaged both of us identical messages on a dating site so we sent identical (right down to punctuation) replies to see if he would react"

nice and did he?

By *liballyWoman
over a year ago

west dunbartonshire

"

nice and did he?"

Yeah we got another copy and paste reply....

over a year ago

The ones that claim to ‘guarantee to make you squirt’

Or the ones that ask what you’re wearing?

Or the ones that ask If I’ve had any fun lately!

Like I’m gonna tell them

I could go on ...

over a year ago

"

nice and did he?

Yeah we got another copy and paste reply...."

Oh dear poor show

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Hun/Hunni/babes actually to me are like nails down a blackboard

over a year ago

Good old dick pic.

Delete block.

NEXT...

By *risten the sissyTV/TS
over a year ago

aberdeen

[Removed by poster at 23/01/20 18:32:37]

over a year ago

The ones demanding what they want you to wear ..and must add even for just a coffee meet lol they want the sussies n stockings to be worn lol ..erm nooooo !!!

By *sm265Woman
over a year ago

Shangri-la

"Hun/Hunni/babes actually to me are like nails down a blackboard "

Agree. In fact any complete stranger using over familiar 'pet' names really gets my back up.

Post new Message to Thread