Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Need some help

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi folks, those that know me will know I've been on fab sometime now and had meets as a singleton and as a couple with previous partners, this new couples account however is slightly different as my new partener is originally from Poland, her english is pretty good but shes not comfortable talking to strangers on here so i am left to do this for us if we want to arramge any meets.

I would love for her to enjoy this site to it's fullest but I feel she is missing out on so much so thought I would see if there are Amy tips I could use to have her interact more while being here, ideally another polish couple or single female chatting to her in her native language would be amazing but I've yet to come across anyone from her country yet.

Feel free to put me in touch if you happen to know of anyone on here thats polish and if you have any suggestions I haven't used yet that be great too, cheers. Tarzan

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

If she is not comfortable chatting to folk than leave her. May not have anything to to with her nationality but more just her personality.

By *ongue FuckerMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"If she is not comfortable chatting to folk than leave her. May not have anything to to with her nationality but more just her personality. "

Agree with this. This isn't for everyone folks some people do everything some prefer to not partake at all, most are in the middle.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

Agree with bluebell, although have to admit it is really good to come across people on here who speak your native language - for me definitely not for the reasons you put down though.

Don't think there are many Polish people on this forum, you might be better off putting something on your profile that you both are keen to meet fellow Polish fabbers, or put a status on. They're more likely to see that and hopefully respond x

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Reading and writing the language is one thing. Understanding or being understood is another. Especially in the Scotland forum, where we bend the English language over, and fuck it in the..

Erm. Got carried away..

Why do you feel the need for your partner to type? Can't you be happy doing it together? We're not a bad sort, us Scottish Fabbers, so I'm sure if she mentioned she was Polish we'd be pretty understanding with her words. That makes me think it's not the language barrier, but more that she doesn't want to as a person.

Just my tuppence worth.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Reading and writing the language is one thing. Understanding or being understood is another. Especially in the Scotland forum, where we bend the English language over, and fuck it in the..

Erm. Got carried away..

Why do you feel the need for your partner to type? Can't you be happy doing it together? We're not a bad sort, us Scottish Fabbers, so I'm sure if she mentioned she was Polish we'd be pretty understanding with her words. That makes me think it's not the language barrier, but more that she doesn't want to as a person.

Just my tuppence worth. "

Scotland forum will be the last place I'd recommend her going

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I may be reading this wrong ,but if I’m not am not surprised , the guy was asking a plain question basically any native polish speakers reading this so the girl can articulate herself more eloquently rather than clumsily step through contacts , I would say as a couple one may want to surprise the other with a quality meet arranged ,but for people to come to the assumption that “it’s her ... leave her “ nothing like people desperate to help others ... and that’s nothing like it , Don’t know if they’re still on here ,nice polish couple from Cambuslang if that’s any help Be Lucky

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"If she is not comfortable chatting to folk than leave her. May not have anything to to with her nationality but more just her personality. "
Thats a bit harsh !

The op is trying to make sure the girl is comfortable by trying to find some polish people for her to speak to, which I think is very nice of him .

Its maybe difficult to put it into the written word what it is she'd like to say but is fine with in speaking English .

I actually know a lot of people like that and they were born & bred here

over a year ago

No it's her feeling embarrassed and frustrated that she cant understand and join in on any chats we have unless i rely what is being said, she is very comfortable with being on fab and enjoys it.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

"If she is not comfortable chatting to folk than leave her. May not have anything to to with her nationality but more just her personality.

No it's her feeling embarrassed and frustrated that she cant understand and join in on any chats we have unless i rely what is being said, she is very comfortable with being on fab and enjoys it."

Did she have a single profile before teaming up with you?

over a year ago

"Reading and writing the language is one thing. Understanding or being understood is another. Especially in the Scotland forum, where we bend the English language over, and fuck it in the..

Erm. Got carried away..

Just my tuppence worth. "

It's definitely the language barrier, how would you feel if you went into a chat room and couldn't understand what's being said if it was in a different language to English?...She can't follow the chat and most times can't understand our lingo but cheers for your comment.

over a year ago

"I may be reading this wrong ,but if I’m not am not surprised , the guy was asking a plain question basically any native polish speakers reading this so the girl can articulate herself more eloquently rather than clumsily step through contacts , I would say as a couple one may want to surprise the other with a quality meet arranged ,but for people to come to the assumption that “it’s her ... leave her “ nothing like people desperate to help others ... and that’s nothing like it , Don’t know if they’re still on here ,nice polish couple from Cambuslang if that’s any help Be Lucky

"

Cheers buddy and you are spot on with understanding what I wrote.

over a year ago

"If she is not comfortable chatting to folk than leave her. May not have anything to to with her nationality but more just her personality.

No it's her feeling embarrassed and frustrated that she cant understand and join in on any chats we have unless i rely what is being said, she is very comfortable with being on fab and enjoys it.

Did she have a single profile before teaming up with you?"

No it's her 1st time hence the reason if she spoke with someone preferably a female from Poland she would better understand how it works for foreigners on here.

By *macunninglinguistMan
over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

"It's definitely the language barrier, how would you feel if you went into a chat room and couldn't understand what's being said if it was in a different language to English?...She can't follow the chat and most times can't understand our lingo but cheers for your comment."

I apologise unreservedly if I came across as judgemental. I didn't intend to be. I think I know how she feels, in a way. I've tried having conversations with Polish people at work using Google to translate. It tends to come out nonsensical, which is likely how our lingo does to her. Hopefully there is a wee Polish community on here that can help!

pokój i milosc

over a year ago

"It's definitely the language barrier, how would you feel if you went into a chat room and couldn't understand what's being said if it was in a different language to English?...She can't follow the chat and most times can't understand our lingo but cheers for your comment.

I apologise unreservedly if I came across as judgemental. I didn't intend to be. I think I know how she feels, in a way. I've tried having conversations with Polish people at work using Google to translate. It tends to come out nonsensical, which is likely how our lingo does to her. Hopefully there is a wee Polish community on here that can help!

pokój i milosc "

No need to apologise m8

pokoj i milosc

over a year ago

Why do you think putting her in touch with polish speakers would improve the fab experience for you?

By *exylicksMan
over a year ago

airdrie

i might sound mad but i have used 2 translators that i talk into that turn it into a text i have used this in turkey and spain and it also helped me learn a few words of their languages too so might be worth a try

over a year ago

"Why do you think putting her in touch with polish speakers would improve the fab experience for you?"

Hmmm I thought you would pipe up sooner or later lol...

Well it would let her understand how polish or anyone foreign for that matter find it on here, do they find it frustrating talking with English speaking people and difficult understanding our Scottish language, I know she struggles to understand me when I talk with her, just like you actually lol

over a year ago

"i might sound mad but i have used 2 translators that i talk into that turn it into a text i have used this in turkey and spain and it also helped me learn a few words of their languages too so might be worth a try"

Yeah pretty good idea thanks might get her to try that

over a year ago

"Why do you think putting her in touch with polish speakers would improve the fab experience for you?

Well it would let her understand how polish or anyone foreign for that matter find it on here, do they find it frustrating talking with English speaking people and difficult understanding our Scottish language, I know she struggles to understand me when I talk with her, just like you actually lol "

Tbf the chatroom probably isn't a great way to improve language skills

over a year ago

"i might sound mad but i have used 2 translators that i talk into that turn it into a text i have used this in turkey and spain and it also helped me learn a few words of their languages too so might be worth a try

Yeah pretty good idea thanks might get her to try that "

Hi Tarzan...i thought along the lines of a translator. Maybe worth letting you're lovely partner find her own path.

Sorry i dont have the answers but she certainly shouldn't be at any disadvantage because of her nationality.

Good luck

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I think the best way to to learn a foreign language is to be amongst those who speak it. Obviously she will come up against obstactles but thats half the fun and im sure fabbers will have the patience to go gentle with her whilst she learns.

over a year ago

"Why do you think putting her in touch with polish speakers would improve the fab experience for you?

Well it would let her understand how polish or anyone foreign for that matter find it on here, do they find it frustrating talking with English speaking people and difficult understanding our Scottish language, I know she struggles to understand me when I talk with her, just like you actually lol

Tbf the chatroom probably isn't a great way to improve language skills "

So tell me what is a great way then?

over a year ago

"i might sound mad but i have used 2 translators that i talk into that turn it into a text i have used this in turkey and spain and it also helped me learn a few words of their languages too so might be worth a try

Yeah pretty good idea thanks might get her to try that

Hi Tarzan...i thought along the lines of a translator. Maybe worth letting you're lovely partner find her own path.

Sorry i dont have the answers but she certainly shouldn't be at any disadvantage because of her nationality.

Good luck "

Yeah using a translator is a way forward for her to try, cheers mate

over a year ago

"I think the best way to to learn a foreign language is to be amongst those who speak it. Obviously she will come up against obstactles but thats half the fun and im sure fabbers will have the patience to go gentle with her whilst she learns."

True, she just feels frustrated that she cant participate as much as she wants too but we'll get there in the end.

over a year ago

"I think the best way to to learn a foreign language is to be amongst those who speak it. Obviously she will come up against obstactles but thats half the fun and im sure fabbers will have the patience to go gentle with her whilst she learns."

Hola ..

Mi Rookeras y entrada el peniseros ti Senoritas Bluebelle ?

Whit ye think ..X

over a year ago

So tell me what is a great way then? "

I'd have thought actually hearing it would be better than seeing it...especially when there's a tendency in the chatroom for folk to type in a way that is quite particular

over a year ago

"I may be reading this wrong ,but if I’m not am not surprised , the guy was asking a plain question basically any native polish speakers reading this so the girl can articulate herself more eloquently rather than clumsily step through contacts , I would say as a couple one may want to surprise the other with a quality meet arranged ,but for people to come to the assumption that “it’s her ... leave her “ nothing like people desperate to help others ... and that’s nothing like it , Don’t know if they’re still on here ,nice polish couple from Cambuslang if that’s any help Be Lucky

Cheers buddy and you are spot on with understanding what I wrote. "

Best of luck finding a solution , not surprised that your request for assistance and new angles was met with the typical Fab community 110% warmth and back bending to help , you wish , sone of the replies make it abundantly clear why many, myself Included seldom venture into the forum often ....some may be pretty on the outside but deeply ugly inside sadly Hope it goes Well for you T ( personally I think having a 6ft stunner put a few of the covens noses askew

over a year ago

So tell me what is a great way then?

I'd have thought actually hearing it would be better than seeing it...especially when there's a tendency in the chatroom for folk to type in a way that is quite particular "

Lol hearing it ?? And your sure She's would understand our lingo? Lol I don't even understand it sometimes

Post new Message to Thread