Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Mystify me...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

No not the film though looking forward to that

I dabble in reading the tarot and I am always amazed at the positive feedback I get from people when I do. It has amazing symbolism and I love it but... do you have any mystical talents??? Thoughts from sceptics and non believers both welcome as long as you play nice... if ya don't I'll put a hex on you

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *awk3y3Man
over a year ago

West Lothian

I can make a packet of chocolate hob nobs dissappear in under an hour...dunno if that's a mystical talent though

I do think that karma and fate are mystical, those are two forces that with positivity you can influence

over a year ago

"I can make a packet of chocolate hob nobs dissappear in under an hour...dunno if that's a mystical talent though

I do think that karma and fate are mystical, those are two forces that with positivity you can influence "

The first one is pretty amazing lol - as to karma and fate... well I think we are fated to a certain set of factors in life but we have free will in how we deal with them.

Karma... I hear a lot of people say karma is a bitch and will get you, I don't agree with that. Karma is about learning by hard experience, also karma goes along with reincarnation (not sure about that bit) but my thought is if it would mean if you haven't learnt something in this life then you well face the lesson in the next...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I truly believe in fate whether that's being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time?

But that's about it

Iv been to mediums and such and not once have I thought..oh maybe theres something in it.

People believe because they want to hear it.

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I can measure 6 inches and conclude its 8 inches.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Way to many charlatans praying on the weak remember under study its proven to hold no water.do I believe there is something yes but I place little value in someone seeking money for their "gift"

over a year ago

That's quite some talent.

over a year ago

"I truly believe in fate whether that's being in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time?

But that's about it

Iv been to mediums and such and not once have I thought..oh maybe theres something in it.

People believe because they want to hear it."

I'd agree with most of that - I do think people grasp at things sometimes too

over a year ago

"I can measure 6 inches and conclude its 8 inches."

That's a fab talent

over a year ago

"Way to many charlatans praying on the weak remember under study its proven to hold no water.do I believe there is something yes but I place little value in someone seeking money for their "gift""

Alas there are charlatans but no more than in any other walk of life. As to seeking money for a gift/talent then we all do that. A "talent" was a unit of money in ancient Mesopotamia and because it is linked to Value it became a word for something we do that we value or earn money from ... a talent

over a year ago

I truly think if I had the gift to speak to the dead I'd do it for free.

More people likely to believe you

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Way to many charlatans praying on the weak remember under study its proven to hold no water.do I believe there is something yes but I place little value in someone seeking money for their "gift"

Alas there are charlatans but no more than in any other walk of life. As to seeking money for a gift/talent then we all do that. A "talent" was a unit of money in ancient Mesopotamia and because it is linked to Value it became a word for something we do that we value or earn money from ... a talent "

would have to disagree part of your accepted accreditation for the spiritualist church mean you cant take payment of any sort

over a year ago

"Way to many charlatans praying on the weak remember under study its proven to hold no water.do I believe there is something yes but I place little value in someone seeking money for their "gift"

Alas there are charlatans but no more than in any other walk of life. As to seeking money for a gift/talent then we all do that. A "talent" was a unit of money in ancient Mesopotamia and because it is linked to Value it became a word for something we do that we value or earn money from ... a talent would have to disagree part of your accepted accreditation for the spiritualist church mean you cant take payment of any sort"

And one cannot judge everyone by one person - as a single man you should know that my dear Kola. A lot of people don't take payment some do - bit like any avenue of life... As usual you disagree and as usual we will agree to disagree... (I feel like we're married )

over a year ago

"I truly think if I had the gift to speak to the dead I'd do it for free.

More people likely to believe you"

Hmmm dunno so much - I have a healthy scepticism of all things but I'm only impressed by results. In regard to contact with spirit... had one very striking experience so open minded. However I don't believe in ghosts in the "traditional sense" I think all energy is recyclable and therefore there might be some kind of reuse of energy but it would be combined with logic and science as I do think a lot of what we do see is just unexplained and tied up in mystical "jargon"

over a year ago

Last psychic we went to double booked us....She didn't see the brick coming through her window either funnily enough!

over a year ago

"Last psychic we went to double booked us....She didn't see the brick coming through her window either funnily enough!"

Lol aye bet she wasnae a medium either she was at least an extra extra large

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Alas there are charlatans but no more than in any other walk of life. As to seeking money for a gift/talent then we all do that. A "talent" was a unit of money in ancient Mesopotamia and because it is linked to Value it became a word for something we do that we value or earn money from ... a talent would have to disagree part of your accepted accreditation for the spiritualist church mean you cant take payment of any sort

And one cannot judge everyone by one person - as a single man you should know that my dear Kola. A lot of people don't take payment some do - bit like any avenue of life... As usual you disagree and as usual we will agree to disagree... (I feel like we're married ) "

lol feel that I don't have a shoe budget

over a year ago

Alas there are charlatans but no more than in any other walk of life. As to seeking money for a gift/talent then we all do that. A "talent" was a unit of money in ancient Mesopotamia and because it is linked to Value it became a word for something we do that we value or earn money from ... a talent would have to disagree part of your accepted accreditation for the spiritualist church mean you cant take payment of any sort

And one cannot judge everyone by one person - as a single man you should know that my dear Kola. A lot of people don't take payment some do - bit like any avenue of life... As usual you disagree and as usual we will agree to disagree... (I feel like we're married ) lol feel that I don't have a shoe budget "

I'll do the shoes for both of us

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I’m not sure what I believe but there are definitely people who take advantage for money.

My sister in law got picked out during an evening show just weeks after my dad passed away. The girl said things about my dad that she got from Facebk and had misread what she saw. I think it’s despicable to cash in on someone’s grief like that.

over a year ago

Yep, I can make myself disappear for 48hours

By *arlosF2019Man
over a year ago

glasgow

"No not the film though looking forward to that

I dabble in reading the tarot and I am always amazed at the positive feedback I get from people when I do. It has amazing symbolism and I love it but... do you have any mystical talents??? Thoughts from sceptics and non believers both welcome as long as you play nice... if ya don't I'll put a hex on you "

Im fascinated by the whole thing including psychics id love a reading and i believe we have paths to choose and follow we take one and it may be wrong but if we get another chance we take the right path

I also like to know ppls star signs too

over a year ago

I can curl my toes round a headboard .. that party trick has impressed a couple of people over the years

over a year ago

"I’m not sure what I believe but there are definitely people who take advantage for money.

My sister in law got picked out during an evening show just weeks after my dad passed away. The girl said things about my dad that she got from Facebk and had misread what she saw. I think it’s despicable to cash in on someone’s grief like that. "

That’s is truly despicable alas there are horrid people in every walk of life. I presume your sister in law had given details first in some way though?

over a year ago

"Yep, I can make myself disappear for 48hours "

Clever clogs lolol xxx

over a year ago

"No not the film though looking forward to that

I dabble in reading the tarot and I am always amazed at the positive feedback I get from people when I do. It has amazing symbolism and I love it but... do you have any mystical talents??? Thoughts from sceptics and non believers both welcome as long as you play nice... if ya don't I'll put a hex on you

Im fascinated by the whole thing including psychics id love a reading and i believe we have paths to choose and follow we take one and it may be wrong but if we get another chance we take the right path

I also like to know ppls star signs too "

The card I’m holding means choice... we all have that option in life

over a year ago

"I can curl my toes round a headboard .. that party trick has impressed a couple of people over the years "

But did they cause the toe curling lol

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

And one cannot judge everyone by one person - as a single man you should know that my dear Kola. A lot of people don't take payment some do - bit like any avenue of life... As usual you disagree and as usual we will agree to disagree... (I feel like we're married ) lol feel that I don't have a shoe budget

I'll do the shoes for both of us "

And the gin , meringue , barmen etc etc

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I’m not sure what I believe but there are definitely people who take advantage for money.

My sister in law got picked out during an evening show just weeks after my dad passed away. The girl said things about my dad that she got from Facebk and had misread what she saw. I think it’s despicable to cash in on someone’s grief like that.

That’s is truly despicable alas there are horrid people in every walk of life. I presume your sister in law had given details first in some way though? "

No this woman gets work through fbook so she looks at peoples profiles before they attend the show. She misinterpreted the information from fbook so what she was saying was incorrect. Some people will say she is amazing so she maybe has a gift but she certainly cons people too

By *awaiianguyMan
over a year ago

East Ayrshire

I went out for lunch with my cousin recently, and she is a medium. She was telling me about her community, and got quite angry about people being reckless and unethical with thier gifts. However, if done with empathy, I'm sure it can be a real comfort.

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I went out for lunch with my cousin recently, and she is a medium. She was telling me about her community, and got quite angry about people being reckless and unethical with thier gifts. However, if done with empathy, I'm sure it can be a real comfort."

My brother does angel readings and healings and is meant to be quite amazing and he too gets annoyed by people’s ethics at times

over a year ago

"I went out for lunch with my cousin recently, and she is a medium. She was telling me about her community, and got quite angry about people being reckless and unethical with thier gifts. However, if done with empathy, I'm sure it can be a real comfort.

My brother does angel readings and healings and is meant to be quite amazing and he too gets annoyed by people’s ethics at times "

Any kind of unethical behaviour is reprehensible, alas if we look at society it’s all around us. Advertising is a classic example and the old stereotype of the second hand car salesman is another. There’s a lot of good in the world too but it pays to keep the sceptic on your shoulder

Post new Message to Thread