over a year ago

Paisley Scotland

Well thats put paid to my break.

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They have been on a slippery slope for the past 2yrs.

over a year ago

Don't know why the boses have been getting millions in bonuses all this time. Fuckin disgusting

By *rthur WrightusMan
over a year ago

Round the Bend

"Don't know why the boses have been getting millions in bonuses all this time. Fuckin disgusting "

Totally agree . . , but its pleasing to know if they took share options for the bonus's those shares are now worth diddly squat.

over a year ago

"Don't know why the boses have been getting millions in bonuses all this time. Fuckin disgusting

Totally agree . . , but its pleasing to know if they took share options for the bonus's those shares are now worth diddly squat. "

Not really

over a year ago

There is a bouncy castle company advertising 15% off to Thomas cook employees.. as if they are going to want to spend their cash on a bouncy castle when they don’t know when they will next have an income

By *ndiii OP   Man
over a year ago

Paisley Scotland

"There is a bouncy castle company advertising 15% off to Thomas cook employees.. as if they are going to want to spend their cash on a bouncy castle when they don’t know when they will next have an income"

Yes like thats the first thing these guys and girls will want to do

By *ast RolloMan
over a year ago

glasgow west

well thomas cock i mean cook seems to have screwed more folk that some on here .

but the company has been on the down for the past 8 years and have not kept up with modern trends. should the government have bailed them out i say no as they are not a real asset to the uk .

over a year ago

"There is a bouncy castle company advertising 15% off to Thomas cook employees.. as if they are going to want to spend their cash on a bouncy castle when they don’t know when they will next have an income"

Loads of company’s cashing in on the free advertising that comes with “helping those affected” yeah ok

The companies saying they have job positions etc aye what about the average joe that’s been out of work for last 18months where their job offers or the jobs that shit they canny get anyone to take the job on call my miss cynical

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Well thats put paid to my break.

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?"

I have three trips booked with them and now need to try get not only the three trips rebooked but a total of almost £4000 back .... wish me luck .

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?I have three trips booked with them and now need to try get not only the three trips rebooked but a total of almost £4000 back .... wish me luck ."

Hopefully you will get all your money back to book with someone else but its still a disappointment and inconvience to deal with.

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

"Don't know why the boses have been getting millions in bonuses all this time. Fuckin disgusting

Totally agree . . , but its pleasing to know if they took share options for the bonus's those shares are now worth diddly squat. "

I would be very surprised if any of them given the choice took share options as they must have known for a long time that the company would eventually go down the tubes.

over a year ago

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?I have three trips booked with them and now need to try get not only the three trips rebooked but a total of almost £4000 back .... wish me luck .

Hopefully you will get all your money back to book with someone else but its still a disappointment and inconvience to deal with. "

Thanks hunni I hope so xx

By *ndiii OP   Man
over a year ago

Paisley Scotland

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?I have three trips booked with them and now need to try get not only the three trips rebooked but a total of almost £4000 back .... wish me luck ."

Good luck...youll need it x

By *unCpl1003Couple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Got very lucky went too Dominican last month via Thomas cook

over a year ago

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?I have three trips booked with them and now need to try get not only the three trips rebooked but a total of almost £4000 back .... wish me luck .

Good luck...youll need it x"

Not sure it has anything to do with luck .. of its a package holiday its atol protected , if it was booked individually its not

over a year ago

Anyone else caught?

Not sure it has anything to do with luck .. of its a package holiday its atol protected , if it was booked individually its not "

Im pretty sure itl all be sorted out just ment wish me luck in getting it sorted quickly lol

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Anyone else caught?

Not sure it has anything to do with luck .. of its a package holiday its atol protected , if it was booked individually its not Im pretty sure itl all be sorted out just ment wish me luck in getting it sorted quickly lol"

I suppose Most things aren’t to do with luck but we still wish people good luck. If sitting an exam and you have studied enough generally you should pass but people still wish you good luck.

With the Thomas cook situation people will get refunded if they are covers by atol and whenever the processes allow but it's still nice to be supportive and wish someone luck meaning you hope things go smoothly and quickly so they can rearrange trips.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Totally agree . . , but its pleasing to know if they took share options for the bonus's those shares are now worth diddly squat. I would be very surprised if any of them given the choice took share options as they must have known for a long time that the company would eventually go down the tubes.

"

It hasn’t made a profit in years and they were trying to offload to the club med guys. So yea they knew.

By *bridge manMan
over a year ago

lanarkshire

[Removed by poster at 25/09/19 12:28:28]

By *bridge manMan
over a year ago

lanarkshire

Saw a story on bbc news and a pilot moaned he won't be getting his £12,000 wage this month. We need to chip in and help the wee soul out.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Saw a story on bbc news and a pilot moaned he won't be getting his £12,000 wage this month. We need to chip in and help the wee soul out. "

That’s quite high even for a pilot. Unless it’s gross.

over a year ago

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?"

My friend and I were repatriated yesterday from Tunisia. No real hassles, slight flight delay and redirected via Gatwick back to Scotland. Can’t praise the UK government staff enough. Kept us informed throughout journey home. Well done all involved xx

By *ibblingnewtWoman
over a year ago

by the sea

Anyone else caught?

If so what you doing about it?

My friend and I were repatriated yesterday from Tunisia. No real hassles, slight flight delay and redirected via Gatwick back to Scotland. Can’t praise the UK government staff enough. Kept us informed throughout journey home. Well done all involved xx "

This is actually quite amazing, The team that are doing this repatriation are doing a fantastic job so far, hope it continues

By *ibblingnewtWoman
over a year ago

by the sea

Hope you get the 4K back

Did you use a credit card?

By *bridge manMan
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Saw a story on bbc news and a pilot moaned he won't be getting his £12,000 wage this month. We need to chip in and help the wee soul out.

That’s quite high even for a pilot. Unless it’s gross."

he said he worked lots of overtime

over a year ago

"Hope you get the 4K back

Did you use a credit card?"

Debit card & direct debit option

over a year ago

Some refund payments starting to come in now thank goodness

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Some refund payments starting to come in now thank goodness "

Great news, hopefully the rest won’t be long x

over a year ago

"Some refund payments starting to come in now thank goodness

Great news, hopefully the rest won’t be long x"

thank you I hope so too

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Think about the hoteliers who haven’t been paid for months! At least most holiday makers will get their money back.

over a year ago

"Think about the hoteliers who haven’t been paid for months! At least most holiday makers will get their money back. "
Ive thought about many who have been effected by this but at the end of the day they £4000 of my hard erned cash and getting that back is my main concern just now

By *lut Sara and bobCouple
over a year ago

Renfrewshire / Gran canaria

Yeah lost week in december. And holidays too expensive now to replace

over a year ago

"Yeah lost week in december. And holidays too expensive now to replace "
I had one booked in dec too but got that refunded already and rebooked .

1 down 2 to go

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere over there

We had booked package holiday to Tunisia in March/April. Thankfully had only paid one deposit of £400 out of £900, so will get that back.

Decided to rebook and the agent (Brilliant Travel) have been so good with communications etc and we’re now going to Cyprus instead.

Millie x

over a year ago

"We had booked package holiday to Tunisia in March/April. Thankfully had only paid one deposit of £400 out of £900, so will get that back.

Decided to rebook and the agent (Brilliant Travel) have been so good with communications etc and we’re now going to Cyprus instead.

Millie x"

Glad you managed to get rebooked too.

The travel agent I was booked with were great they let me cancel the hotel free of charge and got me a full refund in three days.

As a goodwill gesture they offered me £50 off another holiday if I booked one with them before the 31st Oct .

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple
over a year ago

Somewhere over there

"We had booked package holiday to Tunisia in March/April. Thankfully had only paid one deposit of £400 out of £900, so will get that back.

Millie xGlad you managed to get rebooked too.

The travel agent I was booked with were great they let me cancel the hotel free of charge and got me a full refund in three days.

As a goodwill gesture they offered me £50 off another holiday if I booked one with them before the 31st Oct . "

Yeah we got £60 off which had included a discount for a referral I’d done via their fb page.

Looking forward to it, esp when weather this rubbish!

over a year ago

Millie xGlad you managed to get rebooked too.

As a goodwill gesture they offered me £50 off another holiday if I booked one with them before the 31st Oct .

Yeah we got £60 off which had included a discount for a referral I’d done via their fb page.

Looking forward to it, esp when weather this rubbish! "

Thats fabulous have a great time xx

By *eoeclipseWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Watchdog & money matters have all the info on this & links to claim money back.

Flight + hotels bookings are covered by atol.

If paid by credit card, even a deposit, the credit card company are liable to pay back the full cost of the holiday. And flights only booking are protected this way too.

Visa debit cards usually too.

Direct debits, you could speak to the bank if it was flights only. Although these are not usually protected they may accommodate.

Thomas Cook have been bought over by a rival with some shops opening back up, employment offers have went out to many Thomas Cook employees.

By *erriAnneTV/TS
over a year ago

The shire

We done to hays travel of Sunderland. They've bought all the Thomas Cook stores and told staff they can return to work under the new name. I lost about 400 deposit for tunisia but it'll come back eventually.

Post new Message to Thread