Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Men’s group

Jump to newest

By *adbury girl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Hope this is ok to post

Thought I would share this post I saw on Facebook as sometimes men ignore their mental health which will be the reason for almost two thirds of suicides being committed by men.

You could go and not talk just listen which can sometimes help too but just wanted to make any males aware there is help there if you need it. It is free although if you are able contributions towards the cost of hall hire is appreciated but in no way expected.

MENS CIRCLE

on monday the 17th at 7.00pm in SOURCE located in bellshill.

A space for men to come together and support and share with each other..

Would love to have you join us ..

We will be talking over where we are at in life ..share a bit of your story ,discuss mens role in life at this time ..sharing views and personal experiences of things like mental health ,fatherhood ,work/career..the pressures of life ,how we see ourselfs ..goals and dreams ..how we can support each other..

It's a safe space to just be yourself where you can be heard and supported in this journey..all I ask is you respect the others in the group and be willing to hold a space while others share..

Nothing to lose and all to gain ..

You are doing your best in a challenging journey and you deserve to be heard and treated with respect ..better to journey together .. if you dont take the step you never know ..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *MCFUN5Couple
over a year ago

GLASGOW

"Hope this is ok to post

Thought I would share this post I saw on Facebook as sometimes men ignore their mental health which will be the reason for almost two thirds of suicides being committed by men.

You could go and not talk just listen which can sometimes help too but just wanted to make any males aware there is help there if you need it. It is free although if you are able contributions towards the cost of hall hire is appreciated but in no way expected.

MENS CIRCLE

We will be talking over where we are at in life ..share a bit of your story ,discuss mens role in life at this time ..sharing views and personal experiences of things like mental health ,fatherhood ,work/career..the pressures of life ,how we see ourselfs ..goals and dreams ..how we can support each other..

It's a safe space to just be yourself where you can be heard and supported in this journey..all I ask is you respect the others in the group and be willing to hold a space while others share..

You are doing your best in a challenging journey and you deserve to be heard and treated with respect ..better to journey together .. if you dont take the step you never know .. "

Great to know there are groups like this out there. Thanks for sharing x

By *ortland51Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Good post this. Very worthwhile sharing this.

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Theres an organisation called Andys man club who have groups like this all around the UK

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Great, thanks for sharing. Think we all need a bit of mental health tlc sometimes. I know I do.

By *issxxx73Woman
over a year ago

my own world

Good to know these groups exist...

over a year ago

"Hope this is ok to post

MENS CIRCLE

You are doing your best in a challenging journey and you deserve to be heard and treated with respect ..better to journey together .. if you dont take the step you never know .. "

over a year ago

"Hope this is ok to post

MENS CIRCLE

Many thanks for sharing this. Very worthwhile

over a year ago

There is a nationwide group called Man’s Shed set up for this very purpose

Also let’s guys work with tools etc they wouldn’t normally think about in a relaxed environment

over a year ago

Anyone know of a group in dundee???

over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"There is a nationwide group called Man’s Shed set up for this very purpose

Also let’s guys work with tools etc they wouldn’t normally think about in a relaxed environment

"

I’ve used men’s shed to get my sons bike fixed.

They do a lot for charity to so helps individuals and the community.

over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Anyone know of a group in dundee??? "

Google Andy’s man club as they have meetings in dundee.

By *oredinglasgow101Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Quality post Cadbury’s girl x well done

By *bcums3Couple
over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Hope this is ok to post

MENS CIRCLE

Good to put this out for people to know ...thanks for sharing x

By *an from UncleMan
over a year ago

ml1

After just being told by my two sons of 5 suicides in 6 weeks by boys local to them in their early 20s its good to see someone cares enough to set this up

over a year ago

"After just being told by my two sons of 5 suicides in 6 weeks by boys local to them in their early 20s its good to see someone cares enough to set this up"

Jeezo, that is heart breaking.

over a year ago

Anyone experiencing mental challenges is welcome to message me any time. Happy to talk it through with you

over a year ago

They do a lot for charity to so helps individuals and the community. "

Chris house is also a great group for men doing some great work over there

over a year ago

They do a lot for charity to so helps individuals and the community.

Chris house is also a great group for men doing some great work over there "

Find them on Facebook and Twitter have a look

By *1654Man
over a year ago

Stirling

"After just being told by my two sons of 5 suicides in 6 weeks by boys local to them in their early 20s its good to see someone cares enough to set this up"

3 people from my year committed suicide since leaving school 4 years ago. All of them very popular and well liked. And more in years above and below me. Happens too often now!

over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"After just being told by my two sons of 5 suicides in 6 weeks by boys local to them in their early 20s its good to see someone cares enough to set this up

3 people from my year committed suicide since leaving school 4 years ago. All of them very popular and well liked. And more in years above and below me. Happens too often now! "

This just goes to show you never know what’s going on in someone’s head no matter their popularity.

So much pressure on young people to be successful and live perfect lives when there is no such thing.

I think also too much pressure on males to be the provider for family life which doesn’t help.

Hoping people start seeking help before they get to the hopeless stage

over a year ago

Andy's man club I have been at both ends of this spectrum and learned that it is always good to chat, theres no shame in feeling beaten down and it's normal, for any guys ever struggling drop us a wee message happy to chat and grab a pint when I'm not working or even a coffee every problem shared is a problem halved. Ask for Stew if messaging

over a year ago

Good post and helpful for those who need it.

Post new Message to Thread