Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Advice sought

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi all,

I’m new on here, and joined after coming back from living abroad. No desire for any hint of a relationship but really struggle going without sex so I’ve joined here.

This isn’t a whinge or plea for people to verify me. I’m confident that once it happens, there’ll be no problems there. Undoubtedly getting the first one seems a bit of a Catch-22 though.

I’m also keen on the idea of attending a group/party event but as a single guy who has never been to one I am a) nervous and b) concerned about how I’ll be perceived at it.

In short, if anybody has any advice etc for me then I’m all ears.

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The socials and the clubs are very friendly, fun for all nights like tonight at cjs are good, the themed ones are always busy and lots of newbies in the same boat, it’s very sociable downstairs and no pressure for anyone to venture upstairs

over a year ago

I think your post contradicts itself given what you've said. You've been on 7 days.

I've never come on here looking for ideas to get verified, I've never attended a group/social event and I've never met anyone simply to get a verification and I've never had an issue.

That's not self praise as that's the majority of guys on here, just like me. What's wrong with messaging any profiles that you like and sending a proper introductory message that they might like to read and would consider replying to?? If you don't have the chat or you're too boring to make any impression in that fashion then I doubt having any verifications behind you is going to serve you any benefit or make your chat and messages any more appealing in the future to profiles that you are interested in because you are clearly in good shape physically.

Or perhaps this sex drive you allude to is off the scale and being on here for 7 days without having a verification and being able to meet is just too much to take???

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"I think your post contradicts itself given what you've said. You've been on 7 days.

I've never come on here looking for ideas to get verified, I've never attended a group/social event and I've never met anyone simply to get a verification and I've never had an issue.

That's not self praise as that's the majority of guys on here, just like me. What's wrong with messaging any profiles that you like and sending a proper introductory message that they might like to read and would consider replying to?? If you don't have the chat or you're too boring to make any impression in that fashion then I doubt having any verifications behind you is going to serve you any benefit or make your chat and messages any more appealing in the future to profiles that you are interested in because you are clearly in good shape physically.

Or perhaps this sex drive you allude to is off the scale and being on here for 7 days without having a verification and being able to meet is just too much to take???

"

I mean 7 years, 7 days people on fab aren’t exactly approachable. Which is kind of evidenced by creating behavior assumptions from a question.

over a year ago

"I think your post contradicts itself given what you've said. You've been on 7 days.

I mean 7 years, 7 days people on fab aren’t exactly approachable. Which is kind of evidenced by creating behavior assumptions from a question.

"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/19 17:21:49]

over a year ago

Well, this escalated quickly.

over a year ago

"

Cheers for your message.

Seen as you’re in the business of making sweeping assumptions, I’m going to make one about you based on your ramble:

You’re a massive arsehole.

Thanks for your input.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/04/19 17:25:19]

over a year ago

"The socials and the clubs are very friendly, fun for all nights like tonight at cjs are good, the themed ones are always busy and lots of newbies in the same boat, it’s very sociable downstairs and no pressure for anyone to venture upstairs "

Hi,

Thanks for the response and for correctly identifying that my question related to the attendance of events. It seems not everybody on here unders_ands how paragraphs are used to structure writing

That’s good to hear about CJs, particularly that there are always a number of newbies. Will hopefully make it along soon.

Cheers

over a year ago

Cheers for your message.

Seen as you’re in the business of making sweeping assumptions, I’m going to make one about you based on your ramble:

Thanks for your input."

Hahaha

This a well deserved naughty seat reply I’m creased

over a year ago

Cheers for your message.

Thanks for your input."

Hmmmm, "articulate" indeed!

So that's why the messaging has drawn a blank?

Bet you're equally as "articulate" when you get a knock back!

Have a good one pal!

over a year ago

"

Speak for yourself!

I find most approachable, and if they're not it doesn't bother me, why would I want to chat to them in the first place if that was the case?

Assumptions? I read his profile including his description of being "articulate", pardon me for assuming the guy could string a message together to send to a profile he liked. Maybe they've changed the definition of articulate in the dictionary since I last checked and I didn't get that memo?

over a year ago

I’d have to question how many messages you receive, given you’re on here responding to my post with inane drivel.

Well done on having read a dictionary and being able to spell it. There’s four syllables in dictionary so I suspect you’ve had to go for a lie down now after using it.

Also, good to know you’ve spent such a long time scrutinising my profile.

All the best.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

Cheers for your message.

, that tickled Me ..

Thanks for your input."

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

OP like some have said, get yourself along to Cjs, stay downstairs and mingle at the bar, buffet… in the corridors even. get chatting to a few folks, don't come over all serial Killer, tell folks you have had good interaction with your fab name and the veri's will come

over a year ago

Thanks. It certainly sounds like a more welcoming environment than I thought it might be. Was worried it’d be a closed shop for new people. Will certainly head along soon. Cheers

over a year ago

"I’d have to question how many messages you receive, given you’re on here responding to my post with inane drivel.

Well done on having read a dictionary and being able to spell it. There’s four syllables in dictionary so I suspect you’ve had to go for a lie down now after using it.

All the best."

Oh the irony! Assumptions!

I got the contradictions part correct anyway!

Played that one out live on this thread.

If you care to read my "inane drivel" again you will see I asked you (when you were lamenting about the verifications catch 22 situaution) what was wrong with messaging a profile you liked and starting from there? Not once did I actually assume or infer that you personally didn't have the chat or were boring. That was a generalisation which you took personally. You read that my friend and you "assumed".

Not need to scrutinise your profile, don't flatter yourself, had a quick look and read in reference to your post and I have the memory span superior to a goldfish so I was able to recall what I'd read.

Question whatever you want re my messages. The answer is the right amount!

You take care now!

over a year ago

"I’d have to question how many messages you receive, given you’re on here responding to my post with inane drivel.

All the best.

If you care to read my "inane drivel" again you will see I asked you (when you were lamenting about the verifications catch 22 situaution) what was wrong with messaging a profile you liked and starting from there? Not once did I actually assume or infer that you personally didn't have the chat or were boring. That was a generalisation which you took personally. You read that my friend and you "assumed".

Not need to scrutinise your profile, don't flatter yourself, had a quick look and read in reference to your post and I have the memory span superior to a goldfish so I was able to recall what I'd read.

You take care now! "

They may have met previous veri from a totally different platform that fab ? Now there’s a novel idea he may have been recommended the site by these ladies and when he’s joined he’s asked them to verify him and he’s never actually had to pluck up a fab convo, I know plenty guys in here I’ve recommended the site to(tomboy so mostly male friends) and they are complete shite bags when it comes to getting any meets ! They actually get more sex on pof/tinder etc but would love to have fwb to take them down a bit more risqué route

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Speak for yourself!

I find most approachable, and if they're not it doesn't bother me, why would I want to chat to them in the first place if that was the case?

Assumptions? I read his profile including his description of being "articulate", pardon me for assuming the guy could string a message together to send to a profile he liked. Maybe they've changed the definition of articulate in the dictionary since I last checked and I didn't get that memo? "

I know I’m a mardy, sarcastic c*nt

So if you assume they unapproachable, you don’t try?

Still an assumption, articulate doesn’t necessarily mean you could compose a message. Maybe he is a conversationalist.

over a year ago

Speak for yourself!

Assumptions? I read his profile including his description of being "articulate", pardon me for assuming the guy could string a message together to send to a profile he liked. Maybe they've changed the definition of articulate in the dictionary since I last checked and I didn't get that memo?

I know I’m a mardy, sarcastic c*nt

So if you assume they unapproachable, you don’t try?

Still an assumption, articulate doesn’t necessarily mean you could compose a message. Maybe he is a conversationalist.

"

Everyone is articulate and articulated some more so that others I’m articulated in the bedroom almost as good as a tank

over a year ago

All the best.

You take care now!

They may have met previous veri from a totally different platform that fab ? Now there’s a novel idea he may have been recommended the site by these ladies and when he’s joined he’s asked them to verify him and he’s never actually had to pluck up a fab convo, I know plenty guys in here I’ve recommended the site to(tomboy so mostly male friends) and they are complete shite bags when it comes to getting any meets ! They actually get more sex on pof/tinder etc but would love to have fwb to take them down a bit more risqué route "

Well that's true. Not sure what your point is though, if that was the case he could easily get verified by these ladies from a different platform.

My point was basically send an "articulated" message and get chatting to people, 7 days is early days on here for not having a verification. And if people don't like your messages having verifications aren't going to make them like you.

Seems people on here are exceptionally touchy though and go on the attack. Much akin to those who can't take a knock back gracefully!!

But what do I know?? . I'm an asshole who receives a questionable number of messages.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 20/04/19 18:57:10]

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Advice .......dont tell porkies and be yourself.......an honest shit is better than one pretending to be a sweet mars bar

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

over a year ago

"Advice .......dont tell porkies and be yourself.......an honest shit is better than one pretending to be a sweet mars bar "

Did you forget to put the quotes in lol

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 20/04/19 19:01:34]

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Advice .......dont tell porkies and be yourself.......an honest shit is better than one pretending to be a sweet mars bar

Did you forget to put the quotes in lol "

just in a more devilish mood than usual so telling it how it is without filter for a change the step will probably call aoon

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"Advice .......dont tell porkies and be yourself.......an honest shit is better than one pretending to be a sweet mars bar

Did you forget to put the quotes in lol just in a more devjliah mood than usual so telling it how it is without filter for a change the step will probably call aoon "

I’ve not been for a while .... think I may be joining you soon though I’m having to bite my tongue

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Did you forget to put the quotes in lol just in a more devilish mood than usual so telling it how it is without filter for a change the step will probably call aoon "

this made me giggle,. k is on forum watch to make sure I don't take the piss too much I'm in a miscivious way

John

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Did you forget to put the quotes in lol just in a more devjliah mood than usual so telling it how it is without filter for a change the step will probably call aoon

I’ve not been for a while .... think I may be joining you soon though I’m having to bite my tongue "

you cant have much left to bite

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Did you forget to put the quotes in lol just in a more devilish mood than usual so telling it how it is without filter for a change the step will probably call aoon

this made me giggle,. k is on forum watch to make sure I don't take the piss too much I'm in a miscivious way

John "

Hahahahaha this made me literally LOL, tell her to watch out for me too

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Did you forget to put the quotes in lol just in a more devjliah mood than usual so telling it how it is without filter for a change the step will probably call aoon

I’ve not been for a while .... think I may be joining you soon though I’m having to bite my tongue you cant have much left to bite "

.... I can shut my mouth sometimes

over a year ago

Thanks for all the responses so far.

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

"They may have met previous veri from a totally different platform that fab ? Now there’s a novel idea he may have been recommended the site by these ladies and when he’s joined he’s asked them to verify him and he’s never actually had to pluck up a fab convo, I know plenty guys in here I’ve recommended the site to(tomboy so mostly male friends) and they are complete shite bags when it comes to getting any meets ! They actually get more sex on pof/tinder etc but would love to have fwb to take them down a bit more risqué route"

Not sure I'm following you. Are you suggesting that the guys you've recommended to the site, who get meets on other sites like pof, tinder etc, somehow turn into shite bags when on this site?

Post new Message to Thread