Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Meet then turned off completely

Jump to newest

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

Ok so youve finally met someone, either through coffee, party, social ,club or wherever .

You have now decided you really dont like the person, not meaning there not for you as a play mate but actually you really dont like them . Has this happened to you and why.

Definitely not a name and shame thread .

I can think of only 3 or 4 instances we came to this conclusion .

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Yes drugs were mentioned and it was a no from me .

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd probably decided beforehand

By *andCforfunCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

Yeah a couple of times, one that stays in my mind is a guy who I asked to leave my house cause he started talking about inviting a friend and being really pushy claiming he was a ‘Dom’ nothing happened but I don’t meet at my house anymore until a social. That was on my singles profile

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Ok so youve finally met someone, either through coffee, party, social ,club or wherever .

You have now decided you really dont like the person, not meaning there not for you as a play mate but actually you really dont like them . Has this happened to you and why.

Definitely not a name and shame thread .

I can think of only 3 or 4 instances we came to this conclusion ."

Ive usually made up my mind before meeting whether I like them .

Its usually that once ive met them ive decided they aint for me as a playmate but my instincts about people are usually spot on

over a year ago

Totally, views, opinions and personalities can do that.

It’s awkward as hell doing the ‘sorry, you’re not for me’ bit, but it needs doing

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yes, because all they spoke about was sex/swinging stuff. Nothing normal at all.

Mandy

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

I once met someone to find upon arrival he wasn't sober and had some expectations I'd never agreed to. When I told him it's not going to happen he sat there - gesturing to his cock "well, what am I going to do with this then"

I'd suggest get it out the door straight away, before it gets injured

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

For coffee meets most of the above is true, but meeting random people at a club or social or even a party you will be making a decision there and then.

Again i dont mean just a pottential playmate or not playmate material i mean more someone that you actually decided you dont like because they said or done something particularly bad that you thought you c??t.

Met an extremely arrogant couple who also made some smarmy comments , needless to say their on the c??ts list. Another couple cancelled on the morning of a dinner party we had organised after us spending over £100 on food. They made the c??t list.

over a year ago

I remember someone I met last year and had a social with him. He was pleasant enough and easy to talk to but I knew almost right away I didn't want to see him again for fun. He was interested but it was never going to happen as I wasn't attracted to him. Made things worse for himself when he gave me a big full on slobbery kiss. As for in a club, I think we all know right away whether or not we want fun with someone. As I'm a people watcher, I can tell who's for me and who isn't x

over a year ago

Met a couple without face pics. It was short notice on the day thing.

Arrange to meet in Dakota Glasgow city centre in the bar. They’d been before but we hadn’t. Turned out bar had someone on the entrance desk. ‘Can I help’ said waiter. ‘We’re meeting friends’ we said. Waiter then said ‘I’ll show you in’. We then panicked as we’d never seen the couple. Awkwardly we did eventually make eye contact with the couple. Got seated. Smallish bar.

They then talk loudly about swinging all night then as we leave the guy gives L a full on kiss on the lips in the bar !

So much for discretion but that put us off them a bit.

over a year ago

Happened a few times, usually because the person in question has been a let down in reality (old pics/good angles/filters etc) and their real life chat isn't as good as their online chat. However, the reverse has also happened, had a social with no intentions whatsoever with someone who sold themselves short online and been amazed in reality.

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Has happened a few times. Usually my gut instinct is correct but I do try to give the benefit of the doubt until they prove me right. Doesn't take long.

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Usually get a feeling before you go to a social, always live in hope your wrong. Only once have I thought that it’s gonna be great then got to a social just to be a bit meh. It’s horrible but you’ve got to be honest

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Tbh there are lots of people I dislike for one reason or another !

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Tbh there are lots of people I dislike for one reason or another ! "

Hopefully im not one of them T & S lol

By *kblueeyesCouple
over a year ago

kilkenny

When you meet and smell stale b o it's a definite not happening meet

Or if pics are older than they say

over a year ago

I’ve been off by behaviour afterwards, such as being too invasive, pushy etc but thankfully it’s been minimal!

over a year ago

I have had a couple of coffee/ lunch meets where the lady decided that I was not her type, no nastyness or anything I just paid the bill and we went our own ways, I don't see why people go off on one, it changes nothing but confirms why she said no in the first place.

over a year ago

"Tbh there are lots of people I dislike for one reason or another ! "

You decided this when meeting them?

over a year ago

Yes he turned up for dinner in a really creased shirt, then started discussing politics, followed by religion. It all went from bad to worse.

I skipped dessert and left.

over a year ago

I met a great looking guy I had exchanged messages with, for dinner. My initial hope was that it would lead to more- however after 15 minutes my eyes were going together. He was excruciatingly boring and the most narcisstic man I have ever met. It was all one way chat about HIS life and achievements.

We parted company after an hour.

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

Nope, the ones I've seen have been nice, genuine people and I'd see again, no problem.

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"Tbh there are lots of people I dislike for one reason or another !

You decided this when meeting them? "

Yip at social events

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

The non smoker who smelt like an ashtray who kept asking to see my knickers. Very childish behaviour from a 41yr man.

over a year ago

Had a a lovely lady ask me to send pictures of my hands as dirty finger nails turned her off. I have never scrubbed so hard in my life

By *adbury girlWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Had a a lovely lady ask me to send pictures of my hands as dirty finger nails turned her off. I have never scrubbed so hard in my life "

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Had a a lovely lady ask me to send pictures of my hands as dirty finger nails turned her off. I have never scrubbed so hard in my life "

I wonder how many people just looked at their fingernails like i just did. Luckily just as i thought , clean as a whistle.

over a year ago

"Nope, the ones I've seen have been nice, genuine people and I'd see again, no problem. "

Me too.

over a year ago

Yip at social events "

And had you considered meeting them beforehand?

over a year ago

"Had a a lovely lady ask me to send pictures of my hands as dirty finger nails turned her off. I have never scrubbed so hard in my life

I wonder how many people just looked at their fingernails like i just did. Luckily just as i thought , clean as a whistle. "

I past the test and had lovely evening

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I met with a couple for a drink and had a lovely time with them. A few weeks later they had a status saying they didn’t play with people who met bi guys so I blocked them.

By *utdooryoneMan
over a year ago

Over there

I've had one meet where there just was no spark, no connection at all. After a few drinks we both agreed to go no further.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Yip at social events "

Agree with this totally....also what’s behind a screen and what’s in front of the screen don’t always match up ....personality and looks

Post new Message to Thread