Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Unread Messages

Jump to newest

By *licker77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling

I’m far too polite to message someone again if I’ve sent a message before - yet at a meet last week, she said you should keep messaging as they (ladies) get far too many & may just delete or not read anyway!!!

What’s your best practice

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If someone is interested, they'll read your message and reply

Anything else is petty game playing

By *licker77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling

"If someone is interested, they'll read your message and reply

Anything else is petty game playing "

Yip, as I thought. Cheers

over a year ago

"If someone is interested, they'll read your message and reply

Anything else is petty game playing

Yip, as I thought. Cheers"

I'm sure you'll get alternative opinions

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Dont buy into the myth of fems getting hundreds of msgs a day it dosnt happen unless they put up a new pic or a meet or a sugestive notification.

If your msg is being ignored take it as that and forget about them

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

"Dont buy into the myth of fems getting hundreds of msgs a day it dosnt happen unless they put up a new pic or a meet or a sugestive notification.

If your msg is being ignored take it as that and forget about them"

Absolutely correct

By *oolsGoldxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Dont buy into the myth of fems getting hundreds of msgs a day it dosnt happen unless they put up a new pic or a meet or a sugestive notification.

If your msg is being ignored take it as that and forget about them"

Correct.

over a year ago

Sometimes my inbox gets a little overwhelming and I don’t notice messages from folk who I do and would chat to, sometimes I can go a week or more later and go right going to go through my inbox and have a clear out and realise oooops theres a message I would have replied to straight away if I’d noticed it, of it’s read and deleted then I’m. It interested and can’t be arsed to send a polite reply usually because I’ve so many messages, other days I’m just like fuxk it delete all

over a year ago

Agree with kola.

Take a no reply as a not interested.

By *hatsmynameagainCouple
over a year ago

Ayrshire

In some cases it may well be she has had a lot of messages and just missed it, But if it was that she really wasnt interested you'll look a bit of a stalker if you keep messaging.

Best just move on and forget

Mr

over a year ago

I have adopted a fairly new policy. Send a nessage, check if the message has been read, regardless of whether it had or hadn't been read of the person has been online since I sent it then I delete it. If they reply great. If not then move on.

By *eelouWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'd say yes don't keep sending messages but.... remembering when I first joined as I wasn't yet a site supporter, after a certain number my messages would disappear off the page. Regardless if they were read or not so I know myself I missed a few by mistake.

Now that I am a supporter and I'm using the other mailbox (grouped together) its so much easier to see all the messages.

I have been known to leave a message unread if i haven't got the time to reply at that minute but a read message with no reply would be a thanks but no thanks.

Hope that makes sense.

By *licker77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling

"Sometimes my inbox gets a little overwhelming and I don’t notice messages from folk who I do and would chat to, sometimes I can go a week or more later and go right going to go through my inbox and have a clear out and realise oooops theres a message I would have replied to straight away if I’d noticed it, of it’s read and deleted then I’m. It interested and can’t be arsed to send a polite reply usually because I’ve so many messages, other days I’m just like fuxk it delete all "

Great to get different points of view

By *licker77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling

If your msg is being ignored take it as that and forget about them

Correct.

"

Great ??

By *licker77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling

"Agree with kola.

Take a no reply as a not interested."

Cheers

By *licker77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling

"I have adopted a fairly new policy. Send a nessage, check if the message has been read, regardless of whether it had or hadn't been read of the person has been online since I sent it then I delete it. If they reply great. If not then move on. "

GREat system

By *licker77 OP   Man
over a year ago

Stirling

"I'd say yes don't keep sending messages but.... remembering when I first joined as I wasn't yet a site supporter, after a certain number my messages would disappear off the page. Regardless if they were read or not so I know myself I missed a few by mistake.

Now that I am a supporter and I'm using the other mailbox (grouped together) its so much easier to see all the messages.

I have been known to leave a message unread if i haven't got the time to reply at that minute but a read message with no reply would be a thanks but no thanks.

Hope that makes sense.

"

Thanks ??

over a year ago

I find it very ignorant not to reply to a message

If someone stopped you in the street and asked for directions would you just look at them and walk away

By *eelouWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I find it very ignorant not to reply to a message

If someone stopped you in the street and asked for directions would you just look at them and walk away "

I know you say that babes but if you saw some of the nasty abuse replies I've had when I've simply replied "Thank you but I'm not meeting" or something to that effect. It can be quite distressing. You never know how someone is going to react so sometimes the best course is to delete or even block so you don't risk it.

over a year ago

I’d still reply but if they became abusive then I’d simply block them as I’ve done before

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

You could try another message. Could very well be it slipped off the page without them having spotted it. Don't keep messaging though, that comes across as desperate. But one more try won't do any harm. Worst case scenario, they'll block you and then you'll know for sure x

over a year ago

Agreed but it takes less than a minute to reply

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

If someone stopped you in the street and asked for directions would you just look at them and walk away "

I used to reply to everyone who puts in a bit of effort in a message, even if it was a polite no thanks. But quite frequently it doesn't stop there and you get "why?" (does he really want to hear I don't fancy him??) or get insulted. So now I quite often don't reply x

over a year ago

It would depend which way the wind was blowing

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

If someone stopped you in the street and asked for directions would you just look at them and walk away

I used to reply to everyone who puts in a bit of effort in a message, even if it was a polite no thanks. But quite frequently it doesn't stop there and you get "why?" (does he really want to hear I don't fancy him??) or get insulted. So now I quite often don't reply x"

And if someone needs some help or directions it's a completely different thing from "wanna fuck" or "meet tonight". Can't really compare these scenarios x

over a year ago

I’m always very polite in my messages

I’d never ask what you mentioned

over a year ago

"Agreed but it takes less than a minute to reply "

We always reply to polite messages but the one line "hi, how are you" or the rude "fancy a fuck" ones are deleted.

over a year ago

"Agreed but it takes less than a minute to reply

We always reply to polite messages but the one line "hi, how are you" or the rude "fancy a fuck" ones are deleted. "

Why don't you reply to a hi how are you message?

over a year ago

I reply to most of my mail.

As someone says it takes 2 seconds .yes you usually get the ping pong mail back saying why or calling you a slag or whatever then you just block.

over a year ago

I always reply but with a very polite no thank you. If they don't like it, tough titty!! I've gone out of my way to say thanks but no thanks and hope they find someone so if I got a mouthful of abuse they get blocked. Sometimes I just get a message saying thanks for replying to him. That's what you call manners x

over a year ago

"I always reply but with a very polite no thank you. If they don't like it, tough titty!! I've gone out of my way to say thanks but no thanks and hope they find someone so if I got a mouthful of abuse they get blocked. Sometimes I just get a message saying thanks for replying to him. That's what you call manners x"

over a year ago

We always reply to polite messages but the one line "hi, how are you" or the rude "fancy a fuck" ones are deleted.

Why don't you reply to a hi how are you message?"

I like it when someone has clearly read our profile and taken time to say something about themselves in their message. If someone has made an effort it dererves respect.

over a year ago

I like it when someone has clearly read our profile and taken time to say something about themselves in their message. If someone has made an effort it dererves respect. "

Saying hi isn't disrespectful

over a year ago

I like it when someone has clearly read our profile and taken time to say something about themselves in their message. If someone has made an effort it dererves respect.

Saying hi isn't disrespectful "

Not at all. I didn't say it was, simply that the ones we take time to reply to have made an effort.

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Unless someone does repeat cut'n'paste, or sends a dickpick or is crude, I try my best to reply even though it's almost always a no for them.

Isn't always possible but mostly it isn't an issue.

By *undeeCouple666Couple
over a year ago

Dundee

"It only takes a minute to reply" Yes if your communication consists of messages like "How's u?" We often mark messages as unread if we want to reply to them later and they deserve a bit more thought to be put in for a reply than time available in that moment.

over a year ago

I reply to the ones that take my fancy or have read my profile and have more than ‘Hi how’s you’ in their message.

I can’t chat to everyone so if I’m chatting to someone I don’t tend to reply to anyone else.

I know woman can multi task but sometimes guys can be too demanding and then take a strop when we don’t reply right away.

By *undeeCouple666Couple
over a year ago

Dundee

Or if only one of us is available and I want to show the message to my SO before replying.

By *ornyfuckers66Couple
over a year ago

fife

We are all adults A polite thanks but no thanks isn’t hard Read no reply rude and goes on block Saves doing it again

over a year ago

lol id take a reply nowadays even if its to say im an ugly fecker and get back under my bridge

you get a no thanks or non reply then move on, no need to be abusive

By *ead my bioMan
over a year ago

dundee

[Removed by poster at 02/04/19 17:03:41]

By *ead my bioMan
over a year ago

dundee

"I’m far too polite to message someone again if I’ve sent a message before - yet at a meet last week, she said you should keep messaging as they (ladies) get far too many & may just delete or not read anyway!!!

What’s your best practice "

i usually message them twice, then leave it

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

I’m guilty of not reading mesages and deleting but usually because I’ve already said a polite no ta.

Post new Message to Thread