Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Sugar coat or honesty is best policy.

Jump to newest

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

So Mrs She Devil asks about different dresses for another of our xmas party nights , is it a yes or no. Modeling each one for me to decide , i give honest opinions on each in turn. Pointing out the ones that dont flatter her and why and the ones that look good on her, i also say why. After 32 years she still values my opinion as im ALWAYS honest good or bad as it may be .

Guys are you honest when asked, " how do i look in this dress" and ladies do you really want honesty or should we guys just lie through our teeth.

Serious question folks , im very interested in the feedback here.

If you think im wrong in my approach plz tell me and a reason why to help me understand.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

being honest goes a long way, if you can lie about trivial things, how can you build trust. Being honest, at least folk will always know where they stand with you. Keep it real, like Ian Beale!

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Honesty with a long term partner .

Diplomatic with others .

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Honesty with a long term partner .

Diplomatic with others . "

Thats actually quite a good answer.

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Honesty with a long term partner .

Diplomatic with others .

Thats actually quite a good answer. "

Even I’m surprised of my brain function at this ungodly early hour .

over a year ago

With things like this, honesty. Mr can be fucking brutal but some of the best compliments I've had on nights out over the years has been wearing stuff he preferred over another outfit.

By *p for anything 123Man
over a year ago

Coatbridge

Honesty best policy although try not to hurt people's feelings.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Its not only about what it looks like as it needs to feel comfortable too. I go shopping alone so make up my own mind and dont feel as if i need a 2nd opinion. I know myself what looks good and what looks bad on me.

over a year ago

I'd say the same..I'd want my husband to be honest with me...well apart from if he ever told me I'd put on weight or anything

Clothes wise tho yes I always ask his opinion and would hope he's telling me the truth.

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

The problem with honesty is that no one likes it half the reason most people hate me is because I've no filter and I'm to direct at the best of times

But I do enjoy watching other people sugar coat it sometimes

John

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Honestly always, if S tells me I look awful in something I would trust his judgement and change. We are always 100% honest and that’s how it should be.

over a year ago

"The problem with honesty is that no one likes it half the reason most people hate me is because I've no filter and I'm to direct at the best of times

John "

Choose wisely who you give your honesty to

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Its not what you wear its how you wear it that makes all the difference if that makes sense.

over a year ago

"The problem with honesty is that no one likes it half the reason most people hate me is because I've no filter and I'm to direct at the best of times

John

Choose wisely who you give your honesty to "

over a year ago

I believe honesty is always best. Whether or not you have a filter is immaterial, it's about giving an opinion and we're all allowed to have one. I myself like to bring my honesty across in diplomatic and constructive way. It's not just about what you say, it's more about how you say it x

over a year ago

Honesty has got to be Brutal in my opinion as it's better to be Cruel to be kind than lead the person to believe they look good in whatever, but mind in the long run it is only an opinion and these vary from people to people.

over a year ago

"Its not only about what it looks like as it needs to feel comfortable too. I go shopping alone so make up my own mind and dont feel as if i need a 2nd opinion. I know myself what looks good and what looks bad on me."

over a year ago

Some try to pass off honesty and having no filter is so they can get away with basically saying whatever they want to people just dosn't cut it.

I'd never say oh that looks awful more oh I prefare the other outfit or something like that.

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

John

Choose wisely who you give your honesty to "

Im actually surprised that most are saying im doing the right thing being honest. Surprised in a good way. The thing is if another female asked me , ie my sister or say a Fab meet for example i would not tell the truth if it would be a bad answer. I would say you look good no matter what as i would not know how much that person had been through getting their hair done or choosing that outfit etc so no way would i say anything negative , if asked . Thx for all the responses , good to know im doing the right thing for a change haha.

over a year ago

John

Im actually surprised that most are saying im doing the right thing being honest. Surprised in a good way. The thing is if another female asked me , ie my sister or say a Fab meet for example i would not tell the truth if it would be a bad answer. I would say you look good no matter what as i would not know how much that person had been through getting their hair done or choosing that outfit etc so no way would i say anything negative , if asked . Thx for all the responses , good to know im doing the right thing for a change haha. "

Don't get carried away...only a matter of time before you cock up again

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Its not only about what it looks like as it needs to feel comfortable too. I go shopping alone so make up my own mind and dont feel as if i need a 2nd opinion. I know myself what looks good and what looks bad on me."

Your right blue. but by the time it comes to my opinion time, she has already narrowed it down to the options SHE would be comfortable wearing. Though that could still be like 3 or 4 different options. Even then my opinions have hit my wallet hard because if I'm not keen on the options then its a trip to the shops. Actually what a tactic that is from you women, jeezo.

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

John

Im actually surprised that most are saying im doing the right thing being honest. Surprised in a good way. The thing is if another female asked me , ie my sister or say a Fab meet for example i would not tell the truth if it would be a bad answer. I would say you look good no matter what as i would not know how much that person had been through getting their hair done or choosing that outfit etc so no way would i say anything negative , if asked . Thx for all the responses , good to know im doing the right thing for a change haha.

Don't get carried away...only a matter of time before you cock up again "

Haha thx Doggy , now i remember what i like about you.

Nothing !!

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

John

Don't get carried away...only a matter of time before you cock up again "

The worst situation is when you have to answer on only one choice . If you’ve seen two outfits you can say one is better than the other . If someone arrives at your door and says “ how do I look ? “ you have to think quickly of a suitable reply . I have a reputation of giving totally crap answers so am usually saved by someone saying it’s no use asking him .

over a year ago

John

Nothing !! "

GIRUY xxxxxx

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Brutal honesry .......does my ass look big in thiss........ like two hippos wrestling in plastiwrap id answer

By *e Devil OP   Man
over a year ago

Blantyre

John

Nothing !!

GIRUY xxxxxx "

Whatever !!!

Ps had to google it.

Im getting to old for this texting mallarky.

By *rs She DevilWoman
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Honestly always, if S tells me I look awful in something I would trust his judgement and change. We are always 100% honest and that’s how it should be."

Likewise. The outfit I had chosen in my mind is actually the one He Devil picked as the most flattering. I always value his honest critique.

Post new Message to Thread