Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Season of good will

Jump to newest

By *ugs and Junk OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bellshill

At this time of year it’s easy to forget that there are a lot of people on their own or not able to afford presents or even a Christmas meal.

So my question is, if you knew of a neighbour who was alone on Christmas Day would you invite them into your home to join you? Or do you feel it’s a family only thing?

Mrs

(I have a lot of contacts for several different areas who are offering free Christmas dinners so if you or anyone you know would benefit from it please feel free to message me for details. Will all be in strict confidence)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *utdooryoneMan
over a year ago

Over there

I've invited some old neighbours over many years ago. They refused full Christmas lunch with families, but did pop in for Christmas morning with the kids around the tree for present opening.

I may have taken a glass of whisky round in the evening too.

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

You are absolutely right, it's so easy to get caught up with ourselves at Christmas.

Hopefully someone knows someone that might benefit from your offer.

R

over a year ago

Bellshill

"I've invited some old neighbours over many years ago. They refused full Christmas lunch with families, but did pop in for Christmas morning with the kids around the tree for present opening.

I may have taken a glass of whisky round in the evening too. "

That’s really nice of you. It’s easy to forget others at this time of year

over a year ago

Bellshill

"You are absolutely right, it's so easy to get caught up with ourselves at Christmas.

R "

If it helps one person then it’s made a little difference I guess

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"You are absolutely right, it's so easy to get caught up with ourselves at Christmas.

R

If it helps one person then it’s made a little difference I guess "

If it helps one person it's made a big difference.. To that person.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

R

If it helps one person then it’s made a little difference I guess

If it helps one person it's made a big difference.. To that person. "

Used to visit some the older folk Christmas evening when I was younger with whiskey and pudding. Seemed appreciative.

Current street is pretty introverted, they wouldn’t even give kids sweets on Halloween

By *rMrsWTFCouple
over a year ago

Arbroath

If we are at home at then we always invite anyone and everyone we don't have a traditional Christmas though just lots off food and chill out.

over a year ago

God bless you and have a wonderful Christmas

over a year ago

Bellshill

We don’t have anyone in that situation in our street or I would invite them in. So in its place I’m trying to spread the word on the places offering help instead to try and make a small difference to someone

Mrs

over a year ago

Bellshill

"God bless you and have a wonderful Christmas"

Same to you and yours

over a year ago

"At this time of year it’s easy to forget that there are a lot of people on their own or not able to afford presents or even a Christmas meal.

So my question is, if you knew of a neighbour who was alone on Christmas Day would you invite them into your home to join you? Or do you feel it’s a family only thing?

Mrs

(I have a lot of contacts for several different areas who are offering free Christmas dinners so if you or anyone you know would benefit from it please feel free to message me for details. Will all be in strict confidence)"

My parents used to invite our nebourgh in every yr. I'm lucky if I'll be in on Xmas day as i working in a bar no rest for the wicked as they say. We have a regular guy outside the bar that begs so the best I can do is get him a coffe and blag some food from the kitchen for him

over a year ago

Bellshill

"At this time of year it’s easy to forget that there are a lot of people on their own or not able to afford presents or even a Christmas meal.

Mrs

(I have a lot of contacts for several different areas who are offering free Christmas dinners so if you or anyone you know would benefit from it please feel free to message me for details. Will all be in strict confidence)

My parents used to invite our nebourgh in every yr. I'm lucky if I'll be in on Xmas day as i working in a bar no rest for the wicked as they say. We have a regular guy outside the bar that begs so the best I can do is get him a coffe and blag some food from the kitchen for him"

Even small acts of kindness go a long way

over a year ago

I would invite them. When i was at university my friend couldnt get home to ireland due to the weather so we took him home and he joined us. Even wrapped some small presents for him to keep involved

over a year ago

I wouldn't invite anyone in. I'd maybe send round a plate of grub but I couldn't cope with strange folk hanging about my house

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"I wouldn't invite anyone in. I'd maybe send round a plate of grub but I couldn't cope with strange folk hanging about my house "

I agree with this

By *hatsmynameagainCouple
over a year ago

Ayrshire

If I knew them & liked them I would.

In our old flat we had a neighbour from hell under us that was always alone at xmas but with good reasons. Never once invited him up.

Mr

Post new Message to Thread