Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Dress for Hogmany

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have been thinking whats best to wear for Hogmany, smart casual, suit, kilt.....

I definitely do not want to be seen as different to anyone although we are all individuals

What’s you’re thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

So not a dress?

John

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Suit or kilt but only if you are true Scotsman

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Suit or kilt but only if you are true Scotsman "

Depends where you are going.. If your outside you could easily be mistaken for a brass monkey in this weather.

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

"I have been thinking whats best to wear for Hogmany, smart casual, suit, kilt.....

I definitely do not want to be seen as different to anyone although we are all individuals

What’s you’re thoughts? "

KILT! kiltkiltkiltkiltkilt!!!

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

"Suit or kilt but only if you are true Scotsman

Depends where you are going.. If your outside you could easily be mistaken for a brass monkey in this weather. "

Would be a whole new meaning of yer baws have dropped off

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 16/12/18 23:25:54]

over a year ago

Is it hotel, social club, Ikea?

over a year ago

"Suit or kilt but only if you are true Scotsman

Depends where you are going.. If your outside you could easily be mistaken for a brass monkey in this weather.

Would be a whole new meaning of yer baws have dropped off "

It's OK he can always put them in his sporran.

I'd go with smart casual..

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

[Removed by poster at 16/12/18 23:46:16]

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

"I have been thinking whats best to wear for Hogmany, smart casual, suit, kilt.....

What’s you’re thoughts? "

Your contradicting yourself, you dont want to be seen as different, then you say we are all individuals. What do YOU want to be, someone that follows everyone else and what they do or do you want to be YOURSELF and wear what YOU want because YOU like it and YOU feel comfortable dressed that way. ??

Think about it bud .

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

What’s you’re thoughts?

Your contradicting yourself, you dont want to be seen as different, then you say we are all individuals. What do YOU want to be, someone that follows everyone else and what they do or do you want to be YOURSELF and wear what YOU want because YOU like it and YOU feel comfortable dressed that way. ??

Think about it bud ."

A little harsh maybe?

Going by previous forum posts I'm going to suggest the OP is meaning for cj's hogmanay party? It can be a little daunting going for the first time I'm sure, especially if going alone.

OP, just be yourself & wear what you feel comfortable in. People will probably be a bit more 'dressy' as it's hogmanay, & a some of the ladies have already said, a kilt would certainly be a hit with some.

R

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

What’s you’re thoughts?

Think about it bud .

A little harsh maybe?

Going by previous forum posts I'm going to suggest the OP is meaning for cj's hogmanay party? It can be a little daunting going for the first time I'm sure, especially if going alone.

OP, just be yourself & wear what you feel comfortable in. People will probably be a bit more 'dressy' as it's hogmanay, & a some of the ladies have already said, a kilt would certainly be a hit with some.

R "

Thats what i said lol , . Youve just gave it the womans touch. The OP knows im not being harsh , just to the point.

I hope.

Post new Message to Thread