Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Family Xmas or is it.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This next few weeks are a time when it brings many familes together. I will be sitting down to a family dinner on the 25th, it will be the first since I lost my mum. I must say its a time I would rather be in some sort relationship with a girl, we are all different and have what is normal to each other. I can’t and won’t settle for a life without the fun we know about so finding a girl open to this is proving difficult.

I don’t post on here too ofter, oh thanks for the aftershave tips. I want to say whatever you are doing have a great time and enjoy yourself. This past few months I have learned that on fab there are genuine people, people who are fun but no connection, there are timewasters and some idiots. I think I was too open (so I was told) lets hope for a fab-fab-ulous 2019 xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I get what you mean, Christmas is about the only time I don't like being single. But mostly I enjoy my freedom. I think many many people are lonely at Christmas (oh now I have a cheesy Christmas tune in my head!), Missing loved ones that have passed on or just having nobody special to spend the time with. So I am grateful I have my wonderful family and friends and will not be alone. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas OP, raise a glass to your mum x

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

I’ll be on my own most of Xmas which is fine but it’s being on my own at new year I really hate every year I hope there will be a significant other in my life but every year passes and nope not one

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Im the opposite I love me time maybe its selfish but hey ho. I love being the master of my own ship on the journey through life.

companys easy to get.

I also get itchy fidgety when folk are around me for to long.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I really dont mind being myself as always too busy with life/work to get lonely. I usually work over Xmas but off this year and looking forward to spending it with family.

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

First time in 21 yrs will be on my own. Daughter down south at uni and living with her dad so Christmas with him. Mum in full time care now so just me...times like this yes a relationship would be nice bit hey ho not happening... but hopefully catch up with friends from fab

over a year ago

This will probably be the hardest Xmas ever for me. My father passed away a month ago and hit my invalid brother hard whom I try and see often but for me, both my kids are away for Xmas so I'll be alone for the first time. I admit I can deal with anything but something about not seeing my kids at Xmas is hard hitting. So I suppose I'll be ecstatic when I do get to see them.

There are tons of lovely genuine people on fab who are only a chat away and I'm sure a wee conversation is all that is required to keep anyone's spirits up then it can be found on here this xmas

So I hope you all have a fantastic Xmas one and all XxX

over a year ago

A very family orientated time of year. I wish you all the best and hope you all have a great time . Life is a challenge and we all deserve a break. It's good to know that genuine people exist, through thick and thin we always get through things!!

This will be one of the few Christmas's that I've been home and not a third world country. I'll be having a drink for my brother's that never made it home. Then I'll be enjoying every moment thereafter!!

Have a good one peeps

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Of the last 5 Christmases, I spent the first 2 entirely alone and 3 last 3 in hospital. I'll just be happy to (fingers crossed) be at home this year....

over a year ago

Grateful to not be working this Christmas so thankfully be able to spend some time with my family and think of those no longer here who would have been in there element to still be with us at this time of year. Big hugs and best wishes to you xx

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

This is going to be my hardest year yet I lost both my parents years ago. But I lost my husband & have young children who keep asking how their dad will see them open their presents.

So tradition is out the window this year going out for Dinner with family for a distraction

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

We are lucky enough to be having a big family xmas at ours this year but hope those who have lost people can make the best of their xmasses too. Would there be an oppertunity for someone to organise a wee xmas meal together for those who may be on their own either xmas eve, day or boxing day maybe. Just takes 1 person to propose it and 1 person to accept it minimum , and its sorted Just a thought.

over a year ago

If it's not a family Xmas have a fabbers Xmas. Mon guys and girls don't be lonely arrange something.

Post new Message to Thread