Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

its getting near christmas when....

Jump to newest

By *inUpGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

What traditions do you have in the run up to christmas.... Mine is family dinner and a trip to the lights at george square.

Also in the house its that time of year when the diet goes out the window and the toberone comes out x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have my marmite on mini twigs instead of toast

over a year ago

I like going to the markets to see what goodies I can buy. Love the cheese stalls! x

over a year ago

"I like going to the markets to see what goodies I can buy. Love the cheese stalls! x"

I’m the same! I go every year for my birthday, love Christmas markets, and the first thing I buy I cheese!

By *ade and VanessaCouple
over a year ago

Central Scotland

Chocolate covered marzipan becomes a staple food

Debates with W about the kidlets getting chocolate every morning...

V x

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I like going to the markets to see what goodies I can buy. Love the cheese stalls! x

I’m the same! I go every year for my birthday, love Christmas markets, and the first thing I buy I cheese! "

John comes home with bags of cheese from the markets

K x

over a year ago

"I like going to the markets to see what goodies I can buy. Love the cheese stalls! x

I’m the same! I go every year for my birthday, love Christmas markets, and the first thing I buy I cheese! "

Always a selection, some jars of chutney to go with and a couple of boxes of oatcakes mmmmm x

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I’m the same! I go every year for my birthday, love Christmas markets, and the first thing I buy I cheese!

K x"

Snowdonia cheese rocks!

John

over a year ago

I’m the same! I go every year for my birthday, love Christmas markets, and the first thing I buy Is cheese!

K x"

I have to hold my self back, between the cheese stall and the one with the chutneys and jams, I could spend a fortune!

over a year ago

Always a selection, some jars of chutney to go with and a couple of boxes of oatcakes mmmmm x"

That’s what I’m having for my supper just now, some cheese, biscuits and chutney I bought from the Edinburgh markets on Friday

over a year ago

K x

Snowdonia cheese rocks!

John "

The smoked cheese is lovely too x

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

I’m the same! I go every year for my birthday, love Christmas markets, and the first thing I buy Is cheese!

K x

I have to hold my self back, between the cheese stall and the one with the chutneys and jams, I could spend a fortune! "

Pass on the chunky chutneys, but cheese n biscuits, yes please, I got a wee selection in Edinburgh market yesterday

over a year ago

Always a selection, some jars of chutney to go with and a couple of boxes of oatcakes mmmmm x

That’s what I’m having for my supper just now, some cheese, biscuits and chutney I bought from the Edinburgh markets on Friday "

I just have to go to St Enoch's square tomorrow at lunch time now! x

over a year ago

K x

I have to hold my self back, between the cheese stall and the one with the chutneys and jams, I could spend a fortune!

Pass on the chunky chutneys, but cheese n biscuits, yes please, I got a wee selection in Edinburgh market yesterday "

I'm intending on going to the Edinburgh market not this week but next. I love seeing it every year x

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

K x

Pass on the chunky chutneys, but cheese n biscuits, yes please, I got a wee selection in Edinburgh market yesterday

I'm intending on going to the Edinburgh market not this week but next. I love seeing it every year x"

It was mobbed yesterday, couldn’t move x

over a year ago

Central Scotland

That’s what I’m having for my supper just now, some cheese, biscuits and chutney I bought from the Edinburgh markets on Friday "

I'm drooling now

V x

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

That’s what I’m having for my supper just now, some cheese, biscuits and chutney I bought from the Edinburgh markets on Friday

I'm drooling now

V x"

I can drop some round at the peak for wade and you to have a late night snack

over a year ago

K x

I'm intending on going to the Edinburgh market not this week but next. I love seeing it every year x"

I love the Edinburgh markets, spend the whole day there x

over a year ago

I'm drooling now

V x"

Plenty to go round xx

By *inUpGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Not cheese for me at the markets but i always come home with some kind of jewellery as you get some really quirky and unusal stuff at the xmas markets x

over a year ago

Soaking up the atmosphere and having mulled wine or two and spending a fortune on cheese lol x

over a year ago

"Soaking up the atmosphere and having mulled wine or two and spending a fortune on cheese lol x"

That sums it up perfectly

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Yeah lying cosy in bed then realised you haven't moved the elf

Roll on Christmas day

over a year ago

"Yeah lying cosy in bed then realised you haven't moved the elf

Roll on Christmas day "

I got caught out with that this morning.. had to say it was so cold and rainy that Georgia the elf couldnt fly back to the North Pole safely

over a year ago

I'm driving home from work at 11pm and driving home for Christmas comes on the radio. Chris rhea.. The voice of Christmas for me...

over a year ago

Central Scotland

I'm drooling now

V x

Plenty to go round xx"

If I could still have cheese I'd take you up on that! Needing to race the youngest up the milk ladder but it's been so long I'd need to do it myself too.

I get that Christmas is all for the kids but they really do ruin the fun sometimes

V x

over a year ago

"Soaking up the atmosphere and having mulled wine or two and spending a fortune on cheese lol x

That sums it up perfectly "

Do you know how long the Edinburgh market is there for? x

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"Yeah lying cosy in bed then realised you haven't moved the elf

Roll on Christmas day "

Those damn elves were the curse of me for years, making a mess then having to clean it back up in the morning, they’re in the far corner of the loft which is the best place for them

over a year ago

Central Scotland

I'm drooling now

V x

I can drop some round at the peak for wade and you to have a late night snack "

it's not far from us actually

V x

over a year ago

I'm drooling now

V x

Plenty to go round xx

If I could still have cheese I'd take you up on that! Needing to race the youngest up the milk ladder but it's been so long I'd need to do it myself too.

I get that Christmas is all for the kids but they really do ruin the fun sometimes

V x"

Yep, they are good at that

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

I'm drooling now

V x

I can drop some round at the peak for wade and you to have a late night snack

it's not far from us actually

V x"

A wee walk to get your appetite up

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"Soaking up the atmosphere and having mulled wine or two and spending a fortune on cheese lol x

Do you know how long the Edinburgh market is there for? x"

Think it goes into new year? x

over a year ago

Do you know how long the Edinburgh market is there for? x"

I’m sure it’s there until the start of January, or it at least it was last year x

over a year ago

Think it goes into new year? x"

Perfect! I've got plenty time then x

over a year ago

When you work in retail Christmas starts in September

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"When you work in retail Christmas starts in September "

I bet you just love the Xmas music on Xmas day

over a year ago

"When you work in retail Christmas starts in September

I bet you just love the Xmas music on Xmas day "

Yes! We don't get to play Christmas music at work

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

Yes! We don't get to play Christmas music at work "

Bah humbug to them

over a year ago

Yes! We don't get to play Christmas music at work "

I had a Xmas job in Next years ago and all that was played were Xmas songs on repeat. Got borng after a while lol x

By *inUpGirl OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Perfect! I've got plenty time then x"

5th of jan is the last day x

over a year ago

Perfect! I've got plenty time then x

5th of jan is the last day x"

Thanks! I finish up on the 14th so I'll go one day the following week x

Post new Message to Thread