Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Hilton Grosvenor Glasgow

Jump to newest

By *lasgowpair76 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Hi all, have any of you stayed in this hotel and be able to give us a heads up re the set up please?

Is it discreet if we were to invite any friends in or does the reception area make it a non starter?

Staying next week and maybe looking for a plus one or two

x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hi all, have any of you stayed in this hotel and be able to give us a heads up re the set up please?

Is it discreet if we were to invite any friends in or does the reception area make it a non starter?

x"

Was recently in the Hilton at Charing Cross and they now have lifts that only work if you have a keycard for a room.

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"Hi all, have any of you stayed in this hotel and be able to give us a heads up re the set up please?

x

Was recently in the Hilton at Charing Cross and they now have lifts that only work if you have a keycard for a room.

"

Many of the hotels seem to be going same way, the excitement of the knock at the door is gone, now it’s the phone call to say they’re locked out

By *lasgowpair76 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

x

Many of the hotels seem to be going same way, the excitement of the knock at the door is gone, now it’s the phone call to say they’re locked out "

Lol that is a frustrating phone call.

We would be looking to meet for a drink first so would be with any guests. We were just wondering if it a reception area where you are likely to be noticed bringing visitors in

over a year ago

Actually a couple of ways you can get into the hotel through the bar or the restaurant which I believe have external doors.

If you choose the main hotel entrance the reception desk is on your left as you go in and you can easily walk past it to get to lifts.

I got lost looking for lifts last time.

If I could draw you a map I would.

over a year ago

"Actually a couple of ways you can get into the hotel through the bar or the restaurant which I believe have external doors.

If you choose the main hotel entrance the reception desk is on your left as you go in and you can easily walk past it to get to lifts.

I got lost looking for lifts last time.

If I could draw you a map I would.

"

Oh and I don’t think lifts need keycards but they were getting refurbished last time I was there

over a year ago

You don't need a key card to get into the lift at the Radisson Blu on Argyle Street. Just press the number of the floor x

over a year ago

"You don't need a key card to get into the lift at the Radisson Blu on Argyle Street. Just press the number of the floor x"

That's always good to know.lol

over a year ago

"You don't need a key card to get into the lift at the Radisson Blu on Argyle Street. Just press the number of the floor x

That's always good to know.lol"

I intend to go back too just for the mini bar in the room x

By *uietbloke67Man
over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"You don't need a key card to get into the lift at the Radisson Blu on Argyle Street. Just press the number of the floor x

I intend to go back too just for the mini bar in the room x"

How would you know that

over a year ago

Doubletree is slightly different.

You need a keycard to get onto each floor.

Radisson Red is keycard for lift

By *vcarolTV/TS
over a year ago

kilmarnockish

Most of the hotel chains have security in the lifts, room cards are the norm.

It’s not the reception that’s the issue, security cameras and the monitors ‘may’ say something if you invite people to your room.

Most give two cards, just split up the group, 5 mins apart.

Don’t start in the lift tho.....

Once they have there money they don’t care, they only care if your staying the night with 20 folk in your room!

Do some personal visits to some first, ‘test’ security/access etc.

over a year ago

I intend to go back too just for the mini bar in the room x

How would you know that "

I was there a few weeks or so back, that's why lol x

By *lascumMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Crowne Plaza is great and usually get two cards no problem, asked for a third last time and the girl laughed and said no problem ... no cards needed for lifts and no problem coming or going

Post new Message to Thread