Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Status updates

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Quick question. How do you feel about statuses that are aggressive and abusive. I dont understand the need myself. I find it an easy insight into the persons personality and use it as a block aid.... anyone else’s thoughts ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman
over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Block ranters

over a year ago

Love a good status update.

over a year ago

My immediate response is almost always "what a diddy".

over a year ago

"My immediate response is almost always "what a diddy"."

. Yeah and you find a lot of the aggressive moaning statuses are from the same people time and time again. Moany bassas, so they are.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Somes statuses are great for a laugh

over a year ago

"Somes statuses are great for a laugh"

This

Even better when they repeat previous ridiculous ones

By *ade and VanessaCouple
over a year ago

Central Scotland

Helps out the undesirables I suppose. I did block someone who posted an update about having just been contacted by the ugliest couple she had ever seen. Thought that was uncalled for.

V x

over a year ago

"Helps out the undesirables I suppose. I did block someone who posted an update about having just been contacted by the ugliest couple she had ever seen. Thought that was uncalled for.

V x"

This made me laugh!!! Such a blockable offence!

over a year ago

Yes agreed. People being rude or mean via status updates is just plain unnecessary.

By *ittle_missknowitallWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

I’ve just seen one saying

Out of messages please kik

What does that mean

Is there a quota ?

over a year ago

"I’ve just seen one saying

What does that mean

Is there a quota ? "

Yes I think there is if you don’t subscribe....

By *ittle_missknowitallWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

What does that mean

Is there a quota ?

Yes I think there is if you don’t subscribe.... "

Ah ok thanks didn’t realise this as have always subscribed

over a year ago

What does that mean

Is there a quota ?

Yes I think there is if you don’t subscribe....

Ah ok thanks didn’t realise this as have always subscribed "

If you don't subscribe I'm sure you are allowed 100 messages per 24 hours I've never ran out and always think wtf daft messages did you send when I hear people put on their status 'ran out of messages, will reply tomorrow'.

By *eiaorganaWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

I find them a useful filter for the moaners and whingers. Can't be arsed with them, the ones that say they're leaving because they're not getting anywhere but don't go anywhere, the ones that claim people are rude for not replying, when they haven't bothered to read the FAQs etc, so boring

over a year ago

I read a status today from a lady that said something along the lines of “when he turns up smelling nice you know he’s put the effort in”. Surely smelling nice is a prerequisite to a meet?

By *eep.Man
over a year ago

Just a background character

Chances are today is Friday according to my status feed.

over a year ago

If my status is true then I ain't gonna go to sleep at night

Fecked that

By *heekyguy2Man
over a year ago

Local

I think blocking ppl for 1 line rants when you have no frame of reference for situation or even how the person posting the status feels, is just as bad

It's like saying you never go off on one... ever...

It is far from a sign of their personality unless, of course, it's constant and regular

Just my 2 cents since you asked

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I read a status today from a lady that said something along the lines of “when he turns up smelling nice you know he’s put the effort in”. Surely smelling nice is a prerequisite to a meet? "

Absolutely!

I once met a guy for a social & he actually admitted to not making an effort as it was just a social. We never met again after that.

R

over a year ago

Glasgow

Status updates like that just help with the screening process.

R

over a year ago

"I read a status today from a lady that said something along the lines of “when he turns up smelling nice you know he’s put the effort in”. Surely smelling nice is a prerequisite to a meet?

Absolutely!

I once met a guy for a social & he actually admitted to not making an effort as it was just a social. We never met again after that.

R "

Ffs. Why would anyone not make an effort. Whatever type of meeting it is, if someone has taken time out of their lives to meet you then they deserve the courtesy of you being presentable, on time (barring unavoidable circumstances) and polite conversation, (even if their patter is pish...)

over a year ago

Most of them claiming that all the women are fakes lol too funny

over a year ago

"I think blocking ppl for 1 line rants when you have no frame of reference for situation or even how the person posting the status feels, is just as bad

It's like saying you never go off on one... ever...

It is far from a sign of their personality unless, of course, it's constant and regular

Just my 2 cents since you asked "

Totally agree.

However I have blocked a few, especially females, who have different statuses, moaning or being aggressive. One or two over a few months which they have for a day is fine but you start to think when it's constant and nit all about the same situation. Those are the ones I just block, the consistent ones.

The same in the Scots chat room, make and female and they come in and it's constant negative and moans, fuck that, I just block

over a year ago

Glasgow

"I read a status today from a lady that said something along the lines of “when he turns up smelling nice you know he’s put the effort in”. Surely smelling nice is a prerequisite to a meet?

Absolutely!

R

Ffs. Why would anyone not make an effort. Whatever type of meeting it is, if someone has taken time out of their lives to meet you then they deserve the courtesy of you being presentable, on time (barring unavoidable circumstances) and polite conversation, (even if their patter is pish...)"

I always make an effort, regardless of social or play meet. I dress appropriately for each.

R

over a year ago

Absolutely!

R

Ffs. Why would anyone not make an effort. Whatever type of meeting it is, if someone has taken time out of their lives to meet you then they deserve the courtesy of you being presentable, on time (barring unavoidable circumstances) and polite conversation, (even if their patter is pish...)

I always make an effort, regardless of social or play meet. I dress appropriately for each.

R "

I’ve actually turned up for a meet in my pjs !! Guy had been desperate to meet and I had lots going on and he was near where I stay dropping his pal off and I was like ok but I’m fucked if I’m making an effort I’m on my pjs and he said I looked fire and should defo rock my pjs more often lol and he even brought me a mocha from Costa we chatted had a laugh but just did the friend thing

over a year ago

Absolutely!

R

R "

I live in flip flops and shorts . This is where I've been going wrong at life!!

over a year ago

Absolutely!

R

R "

Me too.. If its a play meet I'll rock up in my medallion and leopard print thong under my "Inspecther Gadget" coat.

Post new Message to Thread