Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Masterchef The Professionals

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Masterchef The Professionals

been watching the show this evening, which I normally enjoy but the standard of quite a few chefs have not been good tonight.

I wonder and think if any professional chefs have entered and because they were so bad they actually got removed from their job

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Masterchef The Professionals

been watching the show this evening, which I normally enjoy but the standard of quite a few chefs have not been good tonight.

I wonder and think if any professional chefs have entered and because they were so bad they actually got removed from their job "

I always wonder if they edit the intros, so you don't see where the duds work, so it doesn't affect business.

I know I've seen a few who's kitchens I wouldn't want to eat from.

By *ade and VanessaCouple
over a year ago

Central Scotland

"Masterchef The Professionals

I wonder and think if any professional chefs have entered and because they were so bad they actually got removed from their job

I always wonder if they edit the intros, so you don't see where the duds work, so it doesn't affect business.

I know I've seen a few who's kitchens I wouldn't want to eat from. "

I've always thought that! The ones going through usually get a bit of them where they work so it's a little obvious.

I'd imagine the private chefs in particular would suffer if they do badly. Might depend on the restaurants the others are aiming for

Also, I'm only on Thursday's from last week so no spoilers catching up just now though

V x

over a year ago

Agree, tonights was poor, last night was good though.

Wondered aboit the lady who runs her own restaurant and got deservedly knocked out, wouldnt be rushing to her place.

over a year ago

"Agree, tonights was poor, last night was good though.

Wondered aboit the lady who runs her own restaurant and got deservedly knocked out, wouldnt be rushing to her place."

I was very impressed by the guy who went straight through, those were two good rounds from him.

The Scottish guy last week is a very good cook, but something about him creeps me out. I can't put my finger on what, though.

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Love the show and get a lot of inspiration from it. Tho I am a 1 next to these guys. (New to cooking).

Not seen tonight's (thanks for the downer spoiler lol).

On the last point. I think a mix of egos and marketing trump pure talent as far as the entry for contestants is concerned. Those with the latter do shine. Those for the marketing might well crash and burn. The egos a mix of the two. One of the reasons is good entertainment.

over a year ago

"Love the show and get a lot of inspiration from it. Tho I am a 1 next to these guys. (New to cooking).

On the last point. I think a mix of egos and marketing trump pure talent as far as the entry for contestants is concerned. Those with the latter do shine. Those for the marketing might well crash and burn. The egos a mix of the two. One of the reasons is good entertainment. "

Don't be put off watching, just be amazed at how bad some of them are tonight!

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"Agree, tonights was poor, last night was good though.

Wondered aboit the lady who runs her own restaurant and got deservedly knocked out, wouldnt be rushing to her place.

I was very impressed by the guy who went straight through, those were two good rounds from him.

The Scottish guy last week is a very good cook, but something about him creeps me out. I can't put my finger on what, though."

Agreed on the creey Scottish guy. No idea why he gives me the heebie jeebies

V x

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Love the show and get a lot of inspiration from it. Tho I am a 1 next to these guys. (New to cooking).

On the last point. I think a mix of egos and marketing trump pure talent as far as the entry for contestants is concerned. Those with the latter do shine. Those for the marketing might well crash and burn. The egos a mix of the two. One of the reasons is good entertainment.

Don't be put off watching, just be amazed at how bad some of them are tonight!"

Watched as usual as my wind down show and it was still enjoyable.

Agree with the other nights creepy Scotsman. But not going to start conjecturing. Odd that so many picked up on it too....

over a year ago

Agree with the other nights creepy Scotsman. But not going to start conjecturing. Odd that so many picked up on it too...."

I think he might be a replicant.

over a year ago

Central Scotland

Agree with the other nights creepy Scotsman. But not going to start conjecturing. Odd that so many picked up on it too....

I think he might be a replicant. "

Been reading the Sci fi film thread?

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Been reading the Sci fi film thread? "

Or maybe a Visitor (from "V").

over a year ago

Or maybe a Visitor (from "V"). "

Careful, someone might cast that up to you.

over a year ago

Or maybe a Visitor (from "V"). "

Totally forgot about the TV Series.

Good first time around

over a year ago

My least favourite round is on tonight: The critics. A bunch of arrogant, pompous gobshites, each and every one. Put them in the kitchen, with the exception of Jay Rayner, because he is a chef, but still a gobshite, and see how they cope.

over a year ago

Central Scotland

If I ever escape the littles I'm on to last night's one with the rubbish chefs

over a year ago

Came in half way through but Oufft, Tonight was good.

The first two guys to go trough wur amazing

over a year ago

"Came in half way through but Oufft, Tonight was good.

The first two guys to go trough wur amazing "

Agreed, though I have been watching it with one eye on the football, so slightly distracted.

over a year ago

The first two guys to go trough wur amazing

Agreed, though I have been watching it with one eye on the football, so slightly distracted."

Watched the Celtic game, great result, left pub half way through after candelas got sent off

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The first two guys to go trough wur amazing "

If I had half the cooking talent those guys have I'd be good chef.

Happy to stand in for the pompous critics. I can hold my own in that regard.

over a year ago

The Scottish chef Dean must have had Botox done cause his face doesn’t move - he’s a bit of an arrogant sod but if I cooked as well as that I would be too

By *ail_forceTV/TS
over a year ago

Dundee

Does this hypothesis also refer to love Island?

over a year ago

Tonights episode had me drooling like a mastif.

Scottish guy very peculiar; botox, eyebrows or plastic?

over a year ago

"Tonights episode had me drooling like a mastif.

Scottish guy very peculiar; botox, eyebrows or plastic?"

Yeah but fecking hell, his dish was amazing, I so wanted to sample it when I heard the comments wowww

over a year ago

Yeah but fecking hell, his dish was amazing, I so wanted to sample it when I heard the comments wowww"

Want to be Greg and taste them all.

over a year ago

Or maybe a Visitor (from "V").

Totally forgot about the TV Series.

Good first time around "

Haven’t watched it so no clue but so many of us have feelings about people and ignore it but the body has a natural way of fine tuning itself to pick up on things

over a year ago

Yeah but fecking hell, his dish was amazing, I so wanted to sample it when I heard the comments wowww"

That's right, just remembered, the Scots guy announced the other night on master chef that he got engaged to his pregnant girlfriend so he's got a lot going on in his head and still produces amazing food.

No matter what he looks like, I deffo would be sitting in his restaurant if he ever decided to start on instead of being a private chef.

By *letch1964Man
over a year ago

west lothian

The Scottish guy looks like he came out of madam Tussaud very waxy and creepy I think lol

By *erriAnneTV/TS
over a year ago

The shire

My mate was on it a few years ago and got to the semi final. The one who knocked him out went on to win great British menu

over a year ago

"The Scottish guy looks like he came out of madam Tussaud very waxy and creepy I think lol"

agree xx

over a year ago

Yeah but fecking hell, his dish was amazing, I so wanted to sample it when I heard the comments wowww

That's right, just remembered, the Scots guy announced the other night on master chef that he got engaged to his pregnant girlfriend so he's got a lot going on in his head and still produces amazing food.

No matter what he looks like, I deffo would be sitting in his restaurant if he ever decided to start on instead of being a private chef. "

Totally agree Peter.

The guy can cook

over a year ago

Watched the last semi final tonight and to be honest Lawrence and the Scots guy deserved to go through. The guy Lawrence looks to be the favourite but can the Scots guy pull it out of the bag.

I have to admit, when you watch shows like Xfactor, strictly, the voice etc.. sometimes someone gets through who doesn't deserve to be there but on MasterChef - The Professionals they usually pick the right ones who deserve to go through most of the time.

I'm looking forward to next Thursday.

Think it will be a brilliant final.

I'm not meeting that night, that's for sure

By *lascumMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Matthew to win I recon

over a year ago

Sitting watching it right now with the 3 finalists and with the French chef's 3star Michelin restaurant

OMG just amazing, I'm actually salivating looking at the food.

Final round tomorrow will be brilliant

over a year ago

"Sitting watching it right now with the 3 finalists and with the French chef's 3star Michelin restaurant

OMG just amazing, I'm actually salivating looking at the food.

Final round tomorrow will be brilliant "

Christmas dinner at yours then, chef

over a year ago

anyone else seen it

over a year ago

anyone else seen it tonight and what did you think

over a year ago

next

over a year ago

"anyone else seen it

Ocht it's nearly Christmas...show us yer jolly side "

Even I'm getting into the Xmas spirit. Burying the hatchet....and not in anyone's back

Haven't seen the programme so can't comment.

Was there any veggie meals?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Lets keep things on track please.

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"anyone else seen it

Ocht it's nearly Christmas...show us yer jolly side

Even I'm getting into the Xmas spirit. Burying the hatchet....and not in anyone's back

Was there any veggie meals?"

There was. Proper posh tomato thingy that probably cost more than a month's mortgage payment

V x

over a year ago

"anyone else seen it

There was. Proper posh tomato thingy that probably cost more than a month's mortgage payment

V x"

Ahhh...I'll need to catch it on IPlayer. As I munch a pot noodle

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"anyone else seen it

V x"

Toast n tomato isn’t that posh, unless they call it bruschetta

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"anyone else seen it

V x

Ahhh...I'll need to catch it on IPlayer. As I munch a pot noodle "

Mince pie and a glass of lidl rosé here

V x

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"anyone else seen it

V x

Toast n tomato isn’t that posh, unless they call it bruschetta "

Not even any toast!

V x

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"anyone else seen it

V x

Not even any toast!

V x"

You mean it was just a tomato, and they call themselves chefs? Jeez even I can slice a tomato

over a year ago

"anyone else seen it

V x

Toast n tomato isn’t that posh, unless they call it bruschetta "

Nope it wasn't a bruschetta

Each tomato was different, with different flavours and effect for the palette and to stimulate the tastes buds

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"anyone else seen it

V x

Not even any toast!

V x

You mean it was just a tomato, and they call themselves chefs? Jeez even I can slice a tomato "

6 tiny tomatoes and a fake one on some green stuff. The pudding looked amazing though.

I've decided why I think Dean is creepy - his eyes are too wee and close together, proper beady eyes. Added to that, none of his face moves apart from his weird wee mouth when he talks.

V x

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

"anyone else seen it

V x

Not even any toast!

V x

You mean it was just a tomato, and they call themselves chefs? Jeez even I can slice a tomato

6 tiny tomatoes and a fake one on some green stuff. The pudding looked amazing though.

I've decided why I think Dean is creepy - his eyes are too wee and close together, proper beady eyes. Added to that, none of his face moves apart from his weird wee mouth when he talks.

V x"

M&S do a whole punnet for £1.69, I do enjoy a good pudding mind

over a year ago

"anyone else seen it

V x

Not even any toast!

V x

V x"

Lolol, Dean has took such a whipping the way he looks but by heck he can cook.

I think Lawrence is more a personal person the way he comes across but I think he is way the best cook but Dean and the other lad as brilliant cooks and will be surprised if Lawrence is not crowed champion

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"anyone else seen it

V x

Not even any toast!

V x

V x

Lolol, Dean has took such a whipping the way he looks but by heck he can cook.

I think Lawrence is more a personal person the way he comes across but I think he is way the best cook but Dean and the other lad as brilliant cooks and will be surprised if Lawrence is not crowed champion "

I can't pick between the three. I really liked Luke but he went last week. Matthew was good too. Ollie is probably my favourite but partly because I fancy him

V x

over a year ago

Just watched the final on catchup. Right result.

Dean planning on opening a seafood place in Edinburgh 2019 according to his twitter page. Will definately be going.

over a year ago

Central Scotland

You think? They were all equally deserving really but he was my 3rd place

V x

over a year ago

Though Laurence was outstanding I have to say. Can't believe Mathew blew it in the last round though. He hadn't put a foot wrong all series.

I think any of the last four would have one any of the previous years. The standard was exceptional this year. In my humble opinion anyway.

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Though Laurence was outstanding I have to say. Can't believe Mathew blew it in the last round though. He hadn't put a foot wrong all series.

I think any of the last four would have one any of the previous years. The standard was exceptional this year. In my humble opinion anyway. "

Couldn't agree more. Great season and amazing chefs, especially the last four. I'm sure they will all go on to big things.

over a year ago

Central Scotland

No, I do agree. The final 6 even were all amazing.

V x

over a year ago

Think it was a great series this year.

Personally I think Lawrence was the best winner but at the final meal the 3 consistent best meals where Dean's although to have any chance of him or Ollie beating Lawrence as overall winner they probably had to make 3 amazing, perfect dishes which they both did not.

Lawrence, yeah worthy winner but as a few have said, the top six are all brilliant chefs

Well done

'Masterchef the professionals'

Post new Message to Thread