Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Real age.

Jump to newest

By *luebell888 OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

A guy im meet in a couple of weeks has just confessed to being younger than his profile states. Its fine by me but have only come across men on here before who are older than stated on their profiles so wondered if any one ever tells their true age.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am 104. Wearing well, considering.

By *estless nativeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

I do, but with the number of people who tell me I look younger I could probably get away with knocking a few years off.

over a year ago

I've met with both older and younger that their fab age. I'd prefer it if they'd tell the truth in the first place!

I'm definitely 47 btw

over a year ago

I have my real age up... But I must have had a hard couple of paper rounds because someone here said I look older.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

Is it mostly men who lie about age or are ladies guilty too?.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

Guilty as charged

Only a couple of months off though, just because i didn't want my actual birthday on here. We're not talking years. Or in some cases even decades

over a year ago

I think women will too. Most people could maybe get away with + or - a few years to fit someone's criteria but any more than that and you're just going to look like a complete fanny. So why do it.

44 and happy for the most part with how I look.

over a year ago

Glasgowish

I know im no spring chicken but not ashamed of my age and it never crossed my mind when i joined to lie.

over a year ago

"I know im no spring chicken but not ashamed of my age and it never crossed my mind when i joined to lie."

Likewise.

By *luteguyMan
over a year ago

Here and There

I've met women who weren't the age they claimed in their profile. Not many mind

over a year ago

"I know im no spring chicken but not ashamed of my age and it never crossed my mind when i joined to lie."

FYI, you are stunning

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

Got my real age up. Not sure why you would lie.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Got my real age up. Not sure why you would lie."

I just don't like to put my real birthday on social media, or sites like these. Guess I'm a bit paranoid with online scammers and hackers

over a year ago

Have met a few that have lied about their age... with both being younger and older... my age is my age but people think I’m lying as I look a lot younger

By *earded blossomCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Never occurred to us to lie... know quite a few who’ve knocked a good chunk off which I don’t get

K x

over a year ago

"Got my real age up. Not sure why you would lie.

I just don't like to put my real birthday on social media, or sites like these. Guess I'm a bit paranoid with online scammers and hackers"

I'm the same. Just the day and month are different. But 44 and happy with it, then again not much I can do about it. Mentally I'm probably a lot younger. (no sarky comments please. )

over a year ago

My age is wrong but have always stated it on my profile with my correct age.

Clicked on wrong year when re-joining but admin wont let me change it as many others have tried for themselves.

Some people have done it intentionally, wrong age that is, some have done it mistakenly and are up front about it

over a year ago

I'm definitely the age that you see on my profile. I don't see the point in hiding it x

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

I just don't like to put my real birthday on social media, or sites like these. Guess I'm a bit paranoid with online scammers and hackers"

That's a very good point. Also the reason I found out my mates parents are on here ??

By *azzle99Woman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It’s definitely more a guy thing! What they don’t think about is there are girls that like older guys, and they will be missed as they are ‘too young’ lol!

over a year ago

"A guy im meet in a couple of weeks has just confessed to being younger than his profile states. Its fine by me but have only come across men on here before who are older than stated on their profiles so wondered if any one ever tells their true age."

There’s nothing wrong with an older lady now is there xx

over a year ago

There are some really hot old women on here, like Doggy, Cate, Shorty...

over a year ago

Only a fool would lie about age as in taking years off ,personally I think it’s easier for 40plus ladies as even as a youngster that was my thing, there’s a glow and an aura about ladies in their 40s that as pretty as younger ladies can be , they can’t replicate in my mind , but after all Beauty is in the eye of the beholder , unless your David Blunkett ,

over a year ago

Well I’m 53 and I’m proud of it as it says in my profile x

over a year ago

"There are some really hot old women on here, like Doggy, Cate, Shorty... "

Ahem! We're not old, just older x

over a year ago

"There are some really hot old women on here, like Doggy, Cate, Shorty...

Ahem! We're not old, just older x"

Potato, potahto...

over a year ago

"Is it mostly men who lie about age or are ladies guilty too?."

No, a significant number of women lie on here re their age amongst other things.

It pretty pathetic, I've seen 20 and 30 year old profiles with bodies of 50 year olds and vice versa. The number attached means nothing.

By *aughty_Nat69Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is it mostly men who lie about age or are ladies guilty too?.

No, a significant number of women lie on here re their age amongst other things.

It pretty pathetic, I've seen 20 and 30 year old profiles with bodies of 50 year olds and vice versa. The number attached means nothing."

Agree lol although I am my age! Honest

over a year ago

"My age is wrong but have always stated it on my profile with my correct age.

Clicked on wrong year when re-joining but admin wont let me change it as many others have tried for themselves.

Some people have done it intentionally, wrong age that is, some have done it mistakenly and are up front about it "

You can change it, that's nonsense.

Id say you keep it so that you can appear in searches that you wouldn't otherwise because of your real age and also message profiles you couldn't otherwise. So whatever you say on your profile after that doesn't matter. Oldest trick in the book, nobody buys that crap man.

over a year ago

"Is it mostly men who lie about age or are ladies guilty too?.

It pretty pathetic, I've seen 20 and 30 year old profiles with bodies of 50 year olds and vice versa. The number attached means nothing.

Agree lol although I am my age! Honest "

Yeah I wasn't suggesting yours was one.

over a year ago

Yup I'm my actual age. Didn't even think to make up a different age. Though have met people and theyve been younger lieing to be older to get around age ranges on here and same with older guys pretending to be younger.

over a year ago

I am really 102

over a year ago

Some people have done it intentionally, wrong age that is, some have done it mistakenly and are up front about it

Id say you keep it so that you can appear in searches that you wouldn't otherwise because of your real age and also message profiles you couldn't otherwise. So whatever you say on your profile after that doesn't matter. Oldest trick in the book, nobody buys that crap man. "

pmsl, he speaks and again, its another negative moan and he knows what everyone thinks

Mystic meg hasn't a look in

over a year ago

Id say you keep it so that you can appear in searches that you wouldn't otherwise because of your real age and also message profiles you couldn't otherwise. So whatever you say on your profile after that doesn't matter. Oldest trick in the book, nobody buys that crap man.

pmsl, he speaks and again, its another negative moan and he knows what everyone thinks

Mystic meg hasn't a look in "

We all know you can change it. That's a fact. Why come on here and say otherwise?

If you're genuine, just change it now then, no big deal, prove me wrong.

over a year ago

We all know you can change it. That's a fact. Why come on here and say otherwise?

If you're genuine, just change it now then, no big deal, prove me wrong. "

moaning again, tut tut

Gonny think of something nice, honestly you might feel better and post positive stuff, honest, I'm trying to help

By *ade and VanessaCouple
over a year ago

Central Scotland

Didn't ever occur to us to lie. We're maybe towards the younger end of normal for couples on here but plenty of the ladies with ten years on me are significantly hotter!

V x

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I choose not to lie about my age, but now can't believe I'm actually the age I am

R

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

I just don't like to put my real birthday on social media, or sites like these. Guess I'm a bit paranoid with online scammers and hackers

That's a very good point. Also the reason I found out my mates parents are on here ??"

Oops

over a year ago

moaning again, tut tut

Gonny think of something nice, honestly you might feel better and post positive stuff, honest, I'm trying to help "

I don't care what age you say you are pal, but I'm merely pointing out you look like a fool coming on here with a silly explanation for it when we all know you can change it. Truth is you'd have been better saying nothing and people wouldn't have noticed.

You're merely proving my point. Keep shovelling. If you're genuine about it, just correct it, it's easily done.

over a year ago

moaning again, tut tut

Gonny think of something nice, honestly you might feel better and post positive stuff, honest, I'm trying to help

I don't care what age you say you are pal, but I'm merely pointing out you look like a fool coming on here with a silly explanation for it when we all know you can change it. Truth is you'd have been better saying nothing and people wouldn't have noticed.

You're merely proving my point. Keep shovelling. If you're genuine about it, just correct it, it's easily done.

"

a fool and a pal

when we going fur a drink

over a year ago

moaning again, tut tut

Gonny think of something nice, honestly you might feel better and post positive stuff, honest, I'm trying to help "

I gotta agree peter , you can change your d.o.b. as on my couples account I put in the wrong year for myself and changed it a few later when I realized my mistake. Either way i still think i look great for a 70 year old lol

over a year ago

"I am really 102"

Oh, you just HAD to be younger than me. Just.

By *ukin4nsaMan
over a year ago

Fife

"It’s definitely more a guy thing! What they don’t think about is there are girls that like older guys, and they will be missed as they are ‘too young’ lol! "

I agree there are probably more guys that lie but maybe as a result of the ratio of guys being far higher, I guess they're lying to increase chances of a meet, having browsed lots of profiles a high percentage of women and couples have 45 & 50 as their upper age limit so guess there'll be large numbers of single guys just under those ages more so than us honest 50 somethings

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Where does the lying start and stop.....you say he admitted it so he purposfully set out to decieve folk.

over a year ago

Never lie about my age I am what is states on the tin

Heinz 57 varieties

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"It’s definitely more a guy thing! What they don’t think about is there are girls that like older guys, and they will be missed as they are ‘too young’ lol!

I agree there are probably more guys that lie but maybe as a result of the ratio of guys being far higher, I guess they're lying to increase chances of a meet, having browsed lots of profiles a high percentage of women and couples have 45 & 50 as their upper age limit so guess there'll be large numbers of single guys just under those ages more so than us honest 50 somethings "

I don't know... The number of men I've looked at, checked their age with the other details, read the profile, looked at the pictures then had to double check the age

The only reason we have the upper limit we do is not wanting to find W's parents (agreed it's a possibility ) and being a bit out off with the 'you're old enough to be our parents' aspect.

V x

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

I’ve my real age up.

But I did have a guy put up a status (other users alerted me to said status) asking me to message him, he was a lot younger than me which is not my thing and politely told him that and asked him to remove stays and then blocked him. Few days later a profile with a very similar name started messaging me it was same bloody guy

over a year ago

Age is really just a number. Don't feel the need to lie about it and really we are only as old as we want to be. If someone feels the need to lie about it then that's really their issue. Day and month yeah I get for privacy reasons but years, really no need.

over a year ago

Some are lucky that they are wearing well and others look like they had a paper round in Basra....

Pinch of salt sometimes needed

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I am not delicate about my age. I am 48. Anyone wanting to know gets the truth

It is what it is, simple

over a year ago

"I am not delicate about my age. I am 48. Anyone wanting to know gets the truth

It is what it is, simple "

Those lips say younger.

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

*goes to check profile*

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

"*goes to check profile*"

Yup right age on there.. phew!

over a year ago

"*goes to check profile*"

Don't bother. It's about five years added to your real age.

over a year ago

It is what it is, simple "

You don't look it! Thought you were way younger.

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"Some are lucky that they are wearing well and others look like they had a paper round in Basra....

Pinch of salt sometimes needed "

I'm stealing the paper round in basra line

By *dinburgerMan
over a year ago

Perthshire

The only reason an age can’t be changed is if it’s been changed once already. It is awfully confusing remembering the right year of your birth. Twice.

Older men lie to be able to message younger women. I’d imagine it’s rampant on here. It’s why I prefer clubs as then it’s purely down to whether someone finds you attractive or not.

By *rMrsWTFCouple
over a year ago

Arbroath

We have our real ages up but both had a hard paper round, so I'm told by my work colleagues. We have met people that must have knocked at least 10 years off their actual age I just don't see the point in lying about it

P.S lots of people look amazing for their age, maybe we should lie and add 10 years

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

"*goes to check profile*

Don't bother. It's about five years added to your real age. "

over a year ago

"*goes to check profile*

Don't bother. It's about five years added to your real age. "

over a year ago

Yes mine is my true age, though i look older.

By *r Costa xxMan
over a year ago

stirling

Real age up for me, and yes I had a very early milk round followed by an evening paper round, oh and kids, they all aged me well

By *imbobaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

For reasons stated, im only a couple of weeks off my true birthday (which was last week, thanks for all the messages btw).

Other than that, totally straight about everything. (Resisted a few innuendos there). Plus that the divorce came through last week. So totally single in every sense. New chapter. X

over a year ago

Mines is very slightly off, I'm 35. And also maybe only 5'2 and a half

By *exy gentMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

I'm the same, I've changed my birthday date by a couple of months.

I am 51 although

By *exy gentMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"There are some really hot old women on here, like Doggy, Cate, Shorty... "

Ditto

By *exy gentMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

I'm actually the highlander and nearly 400 years old

over a year ago

I have my real age shown, why not I am who I am.

Yes, being ancient I can't message some people I'd like to and it takes me out of others age preferences but that's life and life isn't fair

By *imbo57Man
over a year ago

kilmarnock ish

Yes why lie and i just dont get it

over a year ago

"A guy im meet in a couple of weeks has just confessed to being younger than his profile states. Its fine by me but have only come across men on here before who are older than stated on their profiles so wondered if any one ever tells their true age."

How many years did he add to his age?

over a year ago

Glasgowish

"A guy im meet in a couple of weeks has just confessed to being younger than his profile states. Its fine by me but have only come across men on here before who are older than stated on their profiles so wondered if any one ever tells their true age.

How many years did he add to his age?"

Only 4yrs

over a year ago

"The only reason an age can’t be changed is if it’s been changed once already. It is awfully confusing remembering the right year of your birth. Twice.

Older men lie to be able to message younger women. I’d imagine it’s rampant on here. "

lolllllll

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 26/11/18 08:31:46]

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

It is what it is, simple

Those lips say younger."

Smarty pants... very true... they say 47

over a year ago

It is what it is, simple

Those lips say younger.

Smarty pants... very true... they say 47 "

And that is without a kiss-test...

over a year ago

Maybe they have had plastic surgery, I mean let's face it someone like Cher would probably claim to be twenty five at least, if she was on here.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Maybe they have had plastic surgery, I mean let's face it someone like Cher would probably claim to be twenty five at least, if she was on here. "

Haha! This reminds me of a guy on here many years ago who messaged me and had knocked off 10 years off his real age because he had plastic surgery.

He admitted after I saw his pic and said that's defo not your age

I did not hear from him after I sent him to get his money back from the clinic

over a year ago

"Maybe they have had plastic surgery, I mean let's face it someone like Cher would probably claim to be twenty five at least, if she was on here.

Haha! This reminds me of a guy on here many years ago who messaged me and had knocked off 10 years off his real age because he had plastic surgery.

I did not hear from him after I sent him to get his money back from the clinic "

I did ... Full refund and thought if I can't get a new face I'll get myself a new profile.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Maybe they have had plastic surgery, I mean let's face it someone like Cher would probably claim to be twenty five at least, if she was on here.

I did ... Full refund and thought if I can't get a new face I'll get myself a new profile. "

Haha! They gave you a face... it just wasn't 'new'

over a year ago

"A guy im meet in a couple of weeks has just confessed to being younger than his profile states. Its fine by me but have only come across men on here before who are older than stated on their profiles so wondered if any one ever tells their true age.

How many years did he add to his age?

Only 4yrs"

Wouldn't imagine that's a deal breaker then. 10 yrs, I imagine, would have been a GTF response...

over a year ago

I did ... Full refund and thought if I can't get a new face I'll get myself a new profile.

Haha! They gave you a face... it just wasn't 'new' "

Just as long as you don't call me two faced. . I never should have went to a firm called 2nd hand plastics.

over a year ago

The profile names which suggest the person is looking for a particular age range is more off putting I think. "Milf Hunter" "Seeks Older", "Granny Grinder"....Aye, awrite mate, just bend me over ma zimmer frame...

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Haha! They gave you a face... it just wasn't 'new'

Just as long as you don't call me two faced. . I never should have went to a firm called 2nd hand plastics. "

Haha!

over a year ago

"The profile names which suggest the person is looking for a particular age range is more off putting I think. "Milf Hunter" "Seeks Older", "Granny Grinder"....Aye, awrite mate, just bend me over ma zimmer frame... "

I have tried before, but, but ever time I tried to pump, your zimmer moved forward on its wheels. Put the brakes on next time.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

So should I say I’m older or younger?

over a year ago

"So should I say I’m older or younger?"

Depends on who you're chatting to

over a year ago

"So should I say I’m older or younger?

Depends on who you're chatting to "

I'm actually 36..

over a year ago

I'm actually 36.. "

See...its as easy as that

over a year ago

Depends on who you're chatting to "

I love that folk still haven't sussed when it's the mr or the mrs posting

over a year ago

I'm actually 36..

See...its as easy as that "

*waiting for.my inbox to turn yellow *

By *e_frenchMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

I never lied about my age.

I do not see the point really to lie about things.

25 years old her is 50 in reality that sucks!

Lol

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

My age on profile is age I am...told i look younger

over a year ago

"My age on profile is age I am...told i look younger"

That's just a ploy to get jiggy with you

over a year ago

"My age on profile is age I am...told i look younger

That's just a ploy to get jiggy with you "

Seen this stunning woman in a social setting and all I can say is: No it's not, I can confirm she looks way younger than her age. and I don't need to add a daft wink to confirm it or make myself feel better

over a year ago

"My age on profile is age I am...told i look younger

That's just a ploy to get jiggy with you

Seen this stunning woman in a social setting and all I can say is: No it's not, I can confirm she looks way younger than her age. and I don't need to add a daft wink to confirm it or make myself feel better "

Okey dokey

over a year ago

It's the ones who look younger than they really are that I feel sorry for as people don't believe their age.

Ohh Ffs I'm talking about myself here. ASW

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

100% real age ..never seen the point in fibbing

By *ettyboop66Woman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

My real age and proud of it

over a year ago

There are currently 94 people aged 70 or over within 100 miles of me. I wonder how many have years off their age?!

over a year ago

*knocked

over a year ago

I love that folk still haven't sussed when it's the mr or the mrs posting "

If it means I get the occasional 'you're hot' then I'm ok with it

over a year ago

I love that folk still haven't sussed when it's the mr or the mrs posting

If it means I get the occasional 'you're hot' then I'm ok with it "

You're not just hot you're "smoking", (or is it "vaping". Can't keep up with the "pc" shit)

over a year ago

Was tempted to lie to get round your age restrictions but decided against it lol

over a year ago

No point in telling fibs my true age is up

over a year ago

I'm the age I say I am on my profile

Yes loads lie !

Some say younger some say older to get round filters

Just don't get the folk that say oh im This age but everyone says I look younger...there probably just being polite! Just state your real age and stop lying to not only yourself but folk from fab too.

Let others make up their own minds.

over a year ago

You say you're an oldie, but you're not THAT old, in comparison to some of use!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

48 in life, feel 98 most days but still only 19 in my head

over a year ago

"48 in life, feel 98 most days but still only 19 in my head "

And you look 21

By *wist my nipplesCouple
over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

We’re our stated ages, would never have occurred to us to lie about that!

over a year ago

"We’re our stated ages, would never have occurred to us to lie about that!"

And nor should it have.

By *ensualgent38Man
over a year ago

London & Edinburgh

My age is true but like others I don’t use the exact birthday.

Just prefer to be honest and, there’s still lots of fun to be enjoyed this side of fifty!

over a year ago

I tell my true age despite the fact it knocks me out of the age range preference for a lot of ladies. I do look younger but can't see point of lying about it

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"48 in life, feel 98 most days but still only 19 in my head

And you look 21 "

Oh you sweet talker!!!

over a year ago

I have my real age on my profile but known a few you seem to stick to same age for few years.. Think to get past age filters...

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I am the age it says on my profile some days I feel older other days I still feel 21

Post new Message to Thread