Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Singles who accommodate

Jump to newest

By *ightimefun2 OP   Couple
over a year ago

stirling

We find that almost every single guy that says they can accommodate on their profile actually can't. Anyone else find this? The reason we look for this is that any single we have arranged to meet at ours or a hotel has never turned up.so we've long since stopped arranging such meets. Why put this on your profile? Wastes everyone s time

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Some folks like me can accommodate but not all the time as I have flat mates but if I was asking for a meet I’d make sure my place was free . Hope this helps x

over a year ago

yeah i've found that too ... says they can on profile but then when chatting they advise they cant

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I can accomodate although now I wouldnt for folk that I dont know really well there are some serious maniacs.

ive also had couples thinkibg they could use my place for them to have parties I might even be allowed to attend apparently

over a year ago

stirling

"I can accomodate although now I wouldnt for folk that I dont know really well there are some serious maniacs.

ive also had couples thinkibg they could use my place for them to have parties I might even be allowed to attend apparently"

Different issue _ola cubes. We are talking about just simply meeting up with a single. Wouldn't be inviting anyone else. We e had some really good chat with guys on the assumption their profile is correct and they can accommodate only to be left disappointed because they can't. We had a 100 percent no show rate if we arranged at ours or hotels

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Yes i have found this with single men. Bn given various excuses but alarm bells go off in my head as i believe they may be married.

over a year ago

I'm single and can accommodate

over a year ago

I'm single guy, and can always accommodate

over a year ago

stirling

"I'm single guy, and can always accommodate

"

Yes but point is profiles all say can accommodate until you ask then you get excuses. Just put can't accommodate then! Xx

over a year ago

Yes but point is profiles all say can accommodate until you ask then you get excuses. Just put can't accommodate then! Xx"

I know some single guys who accommodate and do this on meets.

I'm the same and a few females n couple swill verify the same but I'm actually not one to push it all the time, I'm very fussy whom I allow to come to mine.

BUT yes there are many guy who say they can accommodate to maybe keep you interested and then hope there's still a chance of you meeting them somewhere else once they tell the truth

over a year ago

stirling

Yes but point is profiles all say can accommodate until you ask then you get excuses. Just put can't accommodate then! Xx

I'm the same and a few females n couple swill verify the same but I'm actually not one to push it all the time, I'm very fussy whom I allow to come to mine.

BUT yes there are many guy who say they can accommodate to maybe keep you interested and then hope there's still a chance of you meeting them somewhere else once they tell the truth "

It's ok to be fussy who you invite to your home. But just put cant accommodate then. This place is awash with singles complaining about not getting meets. A bit of honesty would help. We want to meet you!

over a year ago

BUT yes there are many guy who say they can accommodate to maybe keep you interested and then hope there's still a chance of you meeting them somewhere else once they tell the truth

It's ok to be fussy who you invite to your home. But just put cant accommodate then. This place is awash with singles complaining about not getting meets. A bit of honesty would help. We want to meet you!"

I get it, you go to all the trouble chatting, hoping to meet and then find out they cant accommodate, As soon as you find out just block em and move on, only best way. You wont get these people to tell the truth. its just the joys of fab

good luck

over a year ago

BUT yes there are many guy who say they can accommodate to maybe keep you interested and then hope there's still a chance of you meeting them somewhere else once they tell the truth "

Reads all very "dead end road" this.

Always state i can accomodate because i can.Use it as a swinging deal maker? Never considered it as that. Always considered it as part n part of the discretion thing, couple want to meet,couple cant due to the "at home circs" so you say,welcome to come to my place.

Its all part n part of being a singular male hoping your offering a simple solution to meeting and having fun surely?

Doubt i would ever state, you can come to mine but keep in mind "im selective about who comes to my house", surely you only invite who you Want to come to your house?

over a year ago

stirling

Always state i can accomodate because i can.Use it as a swinging deal maker? Never considered it as that. Always considered it as part n part of the discretion thing, couple want to meet,couple cant due to the "at home circs" so you say,welcome to come to my place.

Its all part n part of being a singular male hoping your offering a simple solution to meeting and having fun surely?

Doubt i would ever state, you can come to mine but keep in mind "im selective about who comes to my house", surely you only invite who you Want to come to your house?"

Get what you're saying but without exception every single we ever arranged to meet at ours or hotel never turned up. So to counter that we said any single would have to accommodate. And guess what. Every meet we arranged with singles who could accommodate actually happened. So from our experience if a single can't accommodate then it's highly unlikely the meet would ever happen. So we select profiles that say can accommodate only to find it's almost always not the case.

over a year ago

Doubt i would ever state, you can come to mine but keep in mind "im selective about who comes to my house", surely you only invite who you Want to come to your house?"

A bit lost by this

The couple stated all single guy who say they can accommodate actually can't.

I said this ain't true and stated I can.

I also state that even though I'm a guy who can accommodate I'm fussy whom I allow to mine and I'm never in a rush either.

So if your text is a generization then sorry for getting it wrong but if it's directed partly to me then I haven't offered anyone to come to mine. I usually chat to people first, see if we get on/connect and then might decide to bring them to mine

Too many dishonest people in fab so takes a while to be trusting

over a year ago

Doubt i would ever state, you can come to mine but keep in mind "im selective about who comes to my house", surely you only invite who you Want to come to your house?

A bit lost by this

I also state that even though I'm a guy who can accommodate I'm fussy whom I allow to mine and I'm never in a rush either.

So if your text is a generization then sorry for getting it wrong but if it's directed partly to me then I haven't offered anyone to come to mine. I usually chat to people first, see if we get on/connect and then might decide to bring them to mine

Too many dishonest people in fab so takes a while to be trusting "

I dont claim i can accomodate for effect, i say it because i can, your tack on it is that some do to gain interest,never been that desparate personally. And as i said its surely a dead end road claiming you can when really you cant.

I agree with you mostly, just that selective thing, yer biggin up yerself eh,no but you are though eh

By *tsallthesame77Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Exactly this

"Yes i have found this with single men. Bn given various excuses but alarm bells go off in my head as i believe they may be married."

over a year ago

Get what you're saying but without exception every single we ever arranged to meet at ours or hotel never turned up. So to counter that we said any single would have to accommodate. And guess what. Every meet we arranged with singles who could accommodate actually happened. So from our experience if a single can't accommodate then it's highly unlikely the meet would ever happen. So we select profiles that say can accommodate only to find it's almost always not the case. "

Can I ask what difference it makes if your meeting at yours or at a hotel x

By *errific_Teddy_BearMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yeah i think the focus is on the wrong area.

I don't think the issue is guys lying about being able accommodate but more lying about being single

By *MCFUN5Couple
over a year ago

GLASGOW

"Yeah i think the focus is on the wrong area.

I don't think the issue is guys lying about being able accommodate but more lying about being single "

over a year ago

This is my major pet hate on here..and I always ask very early on about accommodating..about 80 % of those of say they do ..always change their tune ...drives me nuts

By *iceGuyEdMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I can, but rarely do. Making the trip is all part of it for me. And I wouldn't have a first meet at mine.

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Get what you're saying but without exception every single we ever arranged to meet at ours or hotel never turned up. So to counter that we said any single would have to accommodate. And guess what. Every meet we arranged with singles who could accommodate actually happened. So from our experience if a single can't accommodate then it's highly unlikely the meet would ever happen. So we select profiles that say can accommodate only to find it's almost always not the case.

Can I ask what difference it makes if your meeting at yours or at a hotel x"

Approx £50. But money is not the issue here. I dont like being lied to and i like to know they dont have a wife at home.

over a year ago

Single and 2 double beds, free breakfast as well

over a year ago

"Yeah i think the focus is on the wrong area.

I don't think the issue is guys lying about being able accommodate but more lying about being single "

Guys lie about being single?!

By *eep.Man
over a year ago

Just a background character

So to sum up then...

single and can accommodate = actually married

single and cannot accommodate = actually married

Trial by anecdote - marvellous!

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 24/11/18 09:01:56]

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"I can accomodate although now I wouldnt for folk that I dont know really well there are some serious maniacs.

ive also had couples thinkibg they could use my place for them to have parties I might even be allowed to attend apparently

Different issue _ola cubes. We are talking about just simply meeting up with a single. Wouldn't be inviting anyone else. We e had some really good chat with guys on the assumption their profile is correct and they can accommodate only to be left disappointed because they can't. We had a 100 percent no show rate if we arranged at ours or hotels "

I was highlighting possible reasons for your issues.

Many could confirm im single and can accomodate I simply in general now wouldnt as theres many want to abuse that.

not sure how you meet but changing your selection process could help change your "hit rate" on decent single guys.

id say building up a rapport with someone puts them at ease and makes alot of things more viable .

quick meet now attracts the wannabe and sneak out to walk the dog types imo

By *errific_Teddy_BearMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"So to sum up then...

Trial by anecdote - marvellous! "

Unfortunately it's a case of fly with the crows, get shot with the crows.

Even though you don't want to fly with them.

Age old story in that of 10 guys who say they are single, 2 of them won't be, but those 2 are the ones that stick out (folk are vocal about bad experiences rather than good ones). So the 2 lying muppets ruin it for us genuinely single guys!

One day, evolution will sort this out so when a guy lies his willie gets smaller and when a girl lies, a soap opera gets cancelled

over a year ago

A bit lost by this

Too many dishonest people in fab so takes a while to be trusting

I dont claim i can accomodate for effect, i say it because i can, your tack on it is that some do to gain interest,never been that desparate personally. And as i said its surely a dead end road claiming you can when really you cant.

I agree with you mostly, just that selective thing, yer biggin up yerself eh,no but you are though eh"

Yeah totally a dead end road but some know that some females who say they don't accommodate actually will do some guys hope to get the right female to con.

I don't understand what the bigging myself up comment is about though. I accommodate and some posters on here know I do. There guys on fab and a lot of who say they accommodate when they don't the same as a lot of guys say they are single when they are nit. Just cause I accommodate doesn't mean I'll just accommodate anyone.

Someone also said on here what is difference between hotel n home, if I seen a guy wanting to meet in a hotel as the females doesn't accommodate.

I'd think there's a good chance they have a partner and trying to keep it discreet. Just my take on it of course

over a year ago

It does suck a bit for the genuine guys on here, that there's so many who will basically say anything for a shag and then get arsey when it doesn't happen.

I personally am able and happy to accommodate after I've gotten to know them a little and build that bit of rapport with them.

over a year ago

They're most definitely married! I've only ever gone to one man's flat once since having my own profile.

As a single woman I can always accommodate though x

over a year ago

Maybe "biggin myself up" is wrong terminology, its what forum posting and commenting is though, just 50% comment 50% self advertising, hoping it gets you noticed(im doing it right now really).

There are oodles of half truths in many peoples profiles/interests. Can accomodate(not really),gangbangs(rather meet one to one),vwe(average),god knows this larks tough enough for we single guys without now pinging up,can accomodate as some kind of indicator you might be even more of a timewasting liar.

As an example, i currently cant accomodate,but its not a setting option in profile settings.So if i were lucky enough to be contacted by a woman/couple and attempt to explain that,theres a high risk i might be deemed a timewasting liar?

To cap it all,someone thinks its worth highlighting in forums,and before you know it,its become a "thing" to look out for?

By *ussymufferMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I can accommodate even at short notice most times as I am not always free with working. I would always like a social first in a neutral place if we were meeting for the first time

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

Don't understand why people would do this. I can accomodate but choose not to so it's pretty obvious, to me at least, that I should have 'cannot accomodate' on my profile.

over a year ago

I can accomidate. Very rarely do I travel.

over a year ago

"So to sum up then...

Trial by anecdote - marvellous! "

I'm married!!!!! Shit!

over a year ago

"So to sum up then...

I'm married!!!!! Shit! "

Me too.... double shit !

over a year ago

"So to sum up then...

I'm married!!!!! Shit! "

Exactly. Can’t accom means I’m not single??

Can accom but like females sometimes guys can be fussy picky too but according to females we’re not singles cos we’re messing people about. I have my daughter living with me so I’m not wanting her to hear her dads headboard banging every night of the week! So can accom but not at a drop of a hat

Either way I’m automatically assumed I’m. Not single.

Damned if u accom and damned if u don’t

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm single but never accommodate.

I do however ask single guys if they are attached if they can't as I like to know if that part is missing from their profile. Although "daytime meets only/preferred" I find is often a good indication that they aren't single.

And no, I don't want to fuck in your wife's bed as is occasionally asked!

R

over a year ago

I am a single who can accomadate, with a big comfy bed. Lol x

over a year ago

Single & always accommodate for the right people.

over a year ago

I can accommodate (even at short notice most the time, work etc) and happy to even for a social (come have a coffee and a blether, there is a social side to swinging, have done on previous couple profile).

By *ruescotsartistMan
over a year ago

Dumfries

I'm single and can accommodate but find, and I can understand why, single women are often reluctant to come on a first meet. I'm happy to meet at a neutral location or if they are comfortable for me to meet at theirs.

Easy to say but I'd never say I could accommodate if I couldn't.

over a year ago

I did accommodate up until recently when my world fell apart and I was declared bankrupt.

I now live with my son and his family and work in the evenings as it works for them (Built in FREE childcare)

When I say I meet Daytimes it has to be arranged around the wee ones and, never in my sons house

That is why my profile states I no longer accommodate although happy to chip in for hotel

By *outhside79Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Well I can accommodate I’m single so why not ? Maybe cheating and that’s why can’t accomodate x

By *ade and VanessaCouple
over a year ago

Central Scotland

I don't think I'd be comfortable going to someone's home if I didn't know them very well already. Couple or single.

For us, can't accommodate is because we have kids - either they're here with a babysitter or even if they're not, the house is full of pictures of them and their toys.

There is also a huge aspect for us of, this is our space. I don't want to look at our bed and think 'we shagged soinso here'. We had one meet here and I wouldn't again. Lesson learned.

Essentially, I don't look at if they can accommodate or not and it makes very little deofference to me. I assume similar reasons to us rather than cheating on a spouse but I'm probably very naive it seems

V x

By *igboob hunterMan
over a year ago

Big Dick Close

I am single and can accommodate no problem at all

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"I am single and can accommodate no problem at all "

Shame unicorn Hill is so hard to find... May cause issues

V x

By *idingawayCouple
over a year ago

Nearby

I find the same for a lot of people. I don’t know why you’d lie.

over a year ago

"I am single and can accommodate no problem at all

V x"

pmsllllllllll

over a year ago

Central Scotland

"I am single and can accommodate no problem at all

V x

pmsllllllllll"

Cock pics as profile pictures turn off my normal censors it seems. Glad someone fopund it funny at least

V x

over a year ago

Im a single guy and can definitely accommodate, as long as you don’t mind stepping over paint tins and DIY crap. Turning my pad into a blue movie venue ?????? you are all welcome

By *igs72Man
over a year ago

motherwell

I can only accommodate at times. Profile says no but will post up if I can.

over a year ago

If you say you can't accommodate or travel it confuses people

By *eep.Man
over a year ago

Just a background character

"If you say you can't accommodate or travel it confuses people "

That's one of those scientific conundrums, like what happens if you sellotape buttered toast to the back of a cat, and drop it out of a window.

over a year ago

"We find that almost every single guy that says they can accommodate on their profile actually can't. Anyone else find this? The reason we look for this is that any single we have arranged to meet at ours or a hotel has never turned up.so we've long since stopped arranging such meets. Why put this on your profile? Wastes everyone s time"

I can quite honestly say that I can accommodate and travel but to my surprise have never actually been quizzed to see if its true or not, I think that well into a conversation with a guy 'claiming' to accommodate you would be able to tell if he was making it up to keep you interested although I dont know why, why waste not only your time but his as well.

I suppose you live and learn that what anyone (male or female) says to you on here is the truth until you realise its made up, god knows we have all experienced this on Fab.

Hope this helps OP

By *onkeymagic50Man
over a year ago

Near the harbour

I can accomadate 24/7 when I'm off shift ,it the cellar and trap door in living room that scares folks

over a year ago

Yep...single guy here who can accom lol

By *impleSailorMan
over a year ago

on the road again

It's a shame op

When looking at profiles that is certainly something that I take an interest in

Although somewhat confusing if someone can't travel or accommodate. Surely one of the two is needed in order to meet

over a year ago

"It's a shame op

Although somewhat confusing if someone can't travel or accommodate. Surely one of the two is needed in order to meet"

In my experience on fab, People put down 'cant travel, cant accommodate' usually because, 1. they cant accommodate and 2 they cant travel far as they don't have a car etc.., so someone local may fit the bill or by during chat you will find out they don't mind being picked up and coming back to yours.

That's the main reason for it.

What the Op is asking is just about guys who say they can accommodate but when they delve in they find out they really cant accommodate which is annoying and off putting

over a year ago

"It's a shame op

Although somewhat confusing if someone can't travel or accommodate. Surely one of the two is needed in order to meet"

I gave my explanation for this further back

over a year ago

Many single men can't accommodate all the time due to having others to consider.

Just because a single male or female suddenly can't accommodate doesn't mean they are "at it"

There will always be those whose bottle crashes also but just don't read too much into it and move on....

over a year ago

I would hazard a guess that actually due to how expensive life is these days, that a lot of single guys maybe can't afford to live on their own, and are staying with their parents still. As such, they may be able to accomodate sometimes, but not all the time when the parents are home! Probably lots of guys who say they are single and then cant accomodate are married as people are saying, but I would say particularly for younger guys what I've said is more likely the case.

over a year ago

"Many single men can't accommodate all the time due to having others to consider.

Just because a single male or female suddenly can't accommodate doesn't mean they are "at it"

There will always be those whose bottle crashes also but just don't read too much into it and move on...."

Agree with this.

I know single males and single females who care for a disabled family member who lives at theirs, so obviously cant accommodate or the single person might have custody of their kids so cant accommodate and hard to arrange a baby sitter etc... there are many reason.

Right now I cant accommodate for a week, why, its cause I would need to tidy my flat ffs, and I want a lazy week

over a year ago

"Many single men can't accommodate all the time due to having others to consider.

There will always be those whose bottle crashes also but just don't read too much into it and move on....

Agree with this.

I know single males and single females who care for a disabled family member who lives at theirs, so obviously cant accommodate or the single person might have custody of their kids so cant accommodate and hard to arrange a baby sitter etc... there are many reason.

Right now I cant accommodate for a week, why, its cause I would need to tidy my flat ffs, and I want a lazy week "

Get one of those naked cleaners in.

Two birds, one stone.

over a year ago

Agree with this.

Right now I cant accommodate for a week, why, its cause I would need to tidy my flat ffs, and I want a lazy week

Get one of those naked cleaners in.

Two birds, one stone. "

Fuck that

I hardly meet cause I enjoy my privacy, so there's no way I'd let a cleaner in to dust my bananas n cucumbers, they're sacred

By *esssDanMan
over a year ago

Dundee

"I can accomadate 24/7 when I'm off shift ,it the cellar and trap door in living room that scares folks "

Lol!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/11/18 11:14:16]

over a year ago

Surely it’s about being honest, I’m single but can only accommodate 50% of the time due to family commitments.

i Also have an ex that likes to drop kids off with an hours notice knowing I’ll drop what I’m doing to look after my kids.

It’s a well known issue that all my friends ect know about. (Albeit hasn’t happened for last few weeks).

Sometimes just sometimes you can have genuine single guys who are getting mucked about

By *awaiianguyMan
over a year ago

East Ayrshire

Never thought I was particularly house proud until I started to have people round. Cue tidying frenzy

Post new Message to Thread