Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

change of mind/lose interest

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

what do you do if you change your mind about meeting someone or lose interest in someone you'd been chatting to.

Do you tell them ? or just blank/ignore/block them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Tail off the chat x

over a year ago

Do the messages just not start to reduce in frequency, and it becomes patently obvious your maybe trying a little harder than the other, . If the messages are becoming too hard work then just let it die off naturally ?

over a year ago

"Tail off the chat x"

i'd tend to just say so x

over a year ago

"Do the messages just not start to reduce in frequency, and it becomes patently obvious your maybe trying a little harder than the other, . If the messages are becoming too hard work then just let it die off naturally ? "

i'd tend to just say so ...in a nice way of course x

over a year ago

I'm usually on the other side of this, and it's the case that they blank.

over a year ago

Tailing off doesn't always make it obvious. And then you are pushed into a situation where u have to be blunt. I've learned that one . So I just say what I feel now.

By *MCFUN5Couple
over a year ago

GLASGOW

I find this difficult too - have found the best way for us is to just say that we are on different pages and wish them well x

over a year ago

"I find this difficult too - have found the best way for us is to just say that we are on different pages and wish them well x"

Im in a different book.

over a year ago

Usually works if your upfront about it

over a year ago

I prefer a no thank you not for us

Happy swinging !

It's rejection but honest,you just got to suck it up,I can see why people find it a pussy foot issue,no one likes rejection.

It's just human nature.I guess you got to cut to the chase and be honest,it's the best policy unless your married and cheating and stand to lose the lot a the divorce courts in which case lie with all you all got lol

over a year ago

I don't know why anyone would not just say it. I mean we are supposed to be adults here. If there has been chatting for a while, a polite message explaining as much as you can/want to that things have changed is the decent thing to do. Anything else is childish and immature in my opinion.

By *awty MaxWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I just say if I change my mind or if something is said during the chat that has put me off.

At the end of the day I am human, not a robot

over a year ago

I would bring it into conversation that I had changed my mind but politely of course x

By *heesyheadbandMan
over a year ago

Glenrothes

ghost them...

By *orthseatiger69Man
over a year ago

Ayrshire /North lanarshire

Being honest and polite is the best way . No point in wasting time on something that you know is not going to lead anywhere .

over a year ago

"I'm usually on the other side of this, and it's the case that they blank. "

i just feel theres no need ..we're all adults after all x

over a year ago

"Do the messages just not start to reduce in frequency, and it becomes patently obvious your maybe trying a little harder than the other, . If the messages are becoming too hard work then just let it die off naturally ?

i'd tend to just say so ...in a nice way of course x"

Always the best way

over a year ago

"Tailing off doesn't always make it obvious. And then you are pushed into a situation where u have to be blunt. I've learned that one . So I just say what I feel now."

I think its best to just say what needs to be said then theres no confusion or misunderstanding

over a year ago

"I find this difficult too - have found the best way for us is to just say that we are on different pages and wish them well x"

thats a nice way .. I do that too x

over a year ago

"Usually works if your upfront about it "

totally agree

over a year ago

"I prefer a no thank you not for us

Happy swinging !

It's rejection but honest,you just got to suck it up,I can see why people find it a pussy foot issue,no one likes rejection.

It's just human nature.I guess you got to cut to the chase and be honest,it's the best policy unless your married and cheating and stand to lose the lot a the divorce courts in which case lie with all you all got lol "

lol true ...but yeah we're not gonna be to everyones taste and vice versa but just a thanks but no thanks doesnt take much time to type lol x

over a year ago

"I don't know why anyone would not just say it. I mean we are supposed to be adults here. If there has been chatting for a while, a polite message explaining as much as you can/want to that things have changed is the decent thing to do. Anything else is childish and immature in my opinion. "

my thoughts exactly

over a year ago

I just tail off the conversation in the hope they get bored lol then leave me alone.

over a year ago

"I just say if I change my mind or if something is said during the chat that has put me off.

At the end of the day I am human, not a robot "

yeah true .. still people at the end of the day x

over a year ago

"I would bring it into conversation that I had changed my mind but politely of course x"

of course ...no need to be nasty (unless they're being nasty to you) x

over a year ago

"Being honest and polite is the best way . No point in wasting time on something that you know is not going to lead anywhere ."

exactly we're all busy people

over a year ago

"ghost them..."

why not just say thanks but not for me?

over a year ago

"I just tail off the conversation in the hope they get bored lol then leave me alone."

can you not just say sorry not interested any more, good luck etc ?

over a year ago

I have changed my mind during conversation with people, it happens when you find out what they want or looking for and you realise its not for you. I've said things like "The chat and conversation has been enjoyable but I don't think it will work out between us if we meet so its best to leave it alone."

over a year ago

"I just tail off the conversation in the hope they get bored lol then leave me alone.

can you not just say sorry not interested any more, good luck etc ?"

nah cause im a nice person lol diffrent if its just an random message but if we have been chatting a while it could be awkward but sometimes you can chat too much and the sexual spark leaves so then there's no point.

over a year ago

"I have changed my mind during conversation with people, it happens when you find out what they want or looking for and you realise its not for you. I've said things like "The chat and conversation has been enjoyable but I don't think it will work out between us if we meet so its best to leave it alone."

"

yeah thats good

over a year ago

"I just tail off the conversation in the hope they get bored lol then leave me alone.

can you not just say sorry not interested any more, good luck etc ?nah cause im a nice person lol diffrent if its just an random message but if we have been chatting a while it could be awkward but sometimes you can chat too much and the sexual spark leaves so then there's no point."

yeah true

over a year ago

can you not just say sorry not interested any more, good luck etc ?nah cause im a nice person lol diffrent if its just an random message but if we have been chatting a while it could be awkward but sometimes you can chat too much and the sexual spark leaves so then there's no point."

Therein lies the dilemma and the million dollar question. What's the balance between too much and not enough.

over a year ago

can you not just say sorry not interested any more, good luck etc ?nah cause im a nice person lol diffrent if its just an random message but if we have been chatting a while it could be awkward but sometimes you can chat too much and the sexual spark leaves so then there's no point.

Therein lies the dilemma and the million dollar question. What's the balance between too much and not enough. "

just all in better to be honest than give false hope

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

Sometimes just their tone or content of a message is enough to put you off. It goes from friendly banter to being rude or crude.

Or there’s just no connection when you meet.

I don’t have any problem saying that it’s not going any further. I’d rather have a difficult conversation than an awkward meet.

over a year ago

I've completely lost interest now.

over a year ago

can you not just say sorry not interested any more, good luck etc ?nah cause im a nice person lol diffrent if its just an random message but if we have been chatting a while it could be awkward but sometimes you can chat too much and the sexual spark leaves so then there's no point.

Therein lies the dilemma and the million dollar question. What's the balance between too much and not enough.

just all in better to be honest than give false hope"

My comment was in regard to the point made about chatting too much and losing the sexual spark. What is the balance between too much chatting, not enough and the right amount.

over a year ago

My comment was in regard to the point made about chatting too much and losing the sexual spark. What is the balance between too much chatting, not enough and the right amount. "

It's different strokes for different folks

over a year ago

My comment was in regard to the point made about chatting too much and losing the sexual spark. What is the balance between too much chatting, not enough and the right amount. "

id say too much chatting is like it's talking to your brother...or if your chatting too long And you run out of things to say ie..so what did you have for your dinner tonight?

over a year ago

My comment was in regard to the point made about chatting too much and losing the sexual spark. What is the balance between too much chatting, not enough and the right amount. id say too much chatting is like it's talking to your brother...or if your chatting too long And you run out of things to say ie..so what did you have for your dinner tonight?"

Now THAT is a helpful answer.

Post new Message to Thread