Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Excuses excuses

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So, what’s the best excuse you’ve received to cancel a meet?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

I have had 5 planned meets cancelled this year. 3 due to work, one father ill and one mother ill.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

been offline and only just awake

By *egs11ABCWoman
over a year ago

Aberdeen

"been offline and only just awake "

Seems to be a popular one

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

I can honestly say any meet i have arranged with a female neither cancelled.

But i do know guys are definitely worse than women. Mrs She Devil has at least 4 call offs last minute.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 15/11/18 05:14:56]

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Nope you know all the guys your partner picks are worse not all guys

I'd guess fems profiles are worse with the prostitution profiles the premium rate phone scammers and internet fluffer sites.

over a year ago

A guy that stood me up said he didn't think I would show up

So..neither did he

Also had the I was asleep and was offline chestnut too

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

"Nope you know all the guys your partner picks are worse not all guys

I'd guess fems profiles are worse with the prostitution profiles the premium rate phone scammers and internet fluffer sites."

No i KNOW guys are worse in general . We have organised a few events and who are we more likely to expect to be no shows, the guys. Obviously not ALL guys but lots can talk the talk but very few walk the walk as the saying goes.

over a year ago

That has to be the worst I’ve heard on here.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I'd guess fems profiles are worse with the prostitution profiles the premium rate phone scammers and internet fluffer sites.

No i KNOW guys are worse in general . We have organised a few events and who are we more likely to expect to be no shows, the guys. Obviously not ALL guys but lots can talk the talk but very few walk the walk as the saying goes. "

this ain't to annoy you but folk don't like to say that woman are just as bad if not worse for the reasons I've said previously said.

Folk place fems on a pedestal on fab for fear of not being accepted from them. Maybe you have been lucky and not came across as many gems unfortunately in others experience there's as many wank banking females or worse extotionists using fab plenty hint at it without saying though.

over a year ago

I was supposed to have a meet this morning but he cancelled last night with the excuse of a "very sore throat". Fine but literally an hour before we had been sending each other voice notes and not a hint of huskiness/dryness to his voice

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

"I was supposed to have a meet this morning but he cancelled last night with the excuse of a "very sore throat". Fine but literally an hour before we had been sending each other voice notes and not a hint of huskiness/dryness to his voice "

Maybe he had a nice wank after the messages and didnt feel the need to meet anymore

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

[Removed by poster at 15/11/18 08:08:27]

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

Don't think there's a best excuse, since I never believe them. And I feel quite bad about that actually, because I'm usually not a suspicious person who doesn't believe what someone's saying. Guess on here it's so clearly and so often lies, that I even doubt the genuine ones.

"Was it tonight? Oh, I thought it was on .......... (fill in as suitable)" is the most common one.

Car accident, being sick, bereavement, road closures and couldn't get there, car broken I've heard more than once as well x

over a year ago

"I was supposed to have a meet this morning but he cancelled last night with the excuse of a "very sore throat". Fine but literally an hour before we had been sending each other voice notes and not a hint of huskiness/dryness to his voice

Maybe he had a nice wank after the messages and didnt feel the need to meet anymore "

Thanks. That makes me feel a lot better

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

No i KNOW guys are worse in general . We have organised a few events and who are we more likely to expect to be no shows, the guys. Obviously not ALL guys but lots can talk the talk but very few walk the walk as the saying goes. "

Been to plenty parties where alot of invited guys didnt show.

over a year ago

Brilliant!!!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

One years ago had changed his mind as he was now going to the footy and could he take a rain check

Ermm no and he wouldnt get a 2nd chance either.

Or the ones who have put their names down for a social then suddenly they remember they have a wedding that day and only remember either the night before or on the day

over a year ago

Actually just thought of a worse one!! From my fuck buddy. He cancelled very last minute as he "had to wait in for his muscle food delivery" I didn't speak to him for a month after that belter!!

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

"Actually just thought of a worse one!! From my fuck buddy. He cancelled very last minute as he "had to wait in for his muscle food delivery" I didn't speak to him for a month after that belter!!"

Tbf he was waiting on a massive delivery of breasts, not just your two.

Completely understandable!

over a year ago

"Actually just thought of a worse one!! From my fuck buddy. He cancelled very last minute as he "had to wait in for his muscle food delivery" I didn't speak to him for a month after that belter!!

Completely understandable!"

It comes in a cool box so can be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The same cannot be said about me

By *exicolaMan
over a year ago

West Lothian

"Actually just thought of a worse one!! From my fuck buddy. He cancelled very last minute as he "had to wait in for his muscle food delivery" I didn't speak to him for a month after that belter!!

Completely understandable!

It comes in a cool box so can be left in a safe place or with a neighbour. The same cannot be said about me "

Nobody wants to end up in a cool box.

I can imagine it's entirely possible if meeting some of the nutters on here!

over a year ago

There was one man I was meant to meet for coffee one lunchtime. I waited fifteen minutes but he never appeared and I never got a message to say why he didn't turn up. I had my coffee and carried on with the rest of my lunch hour. That was three years ago now x

over a year ago

"There was one man I was meant to meet for coffee one lunchtime. I waited fifteen minutes but he never appeared and I never got a message to say why he didn't turn up. I had my coffee and carried on with the rest of my lunch hour. That was three years ago now x"

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm stuck in traffic. Still.

over a year ago

"There was one man I was meant to meet for coffee one lunchtime. I waited fifteen minutes but he never appeared and I never got a message to say why he didn't turn up. I had my coffee and carried on with the rest of my lunch hour. That was three years ago now x

Ok, I'm sorry, I'm stuck in traffic. Still. "

That's a very long tail back x

over a year ago

"There was one man I was meant to meet for coffee one lunchtime. I waited fifteen minutes but he never appeared and I never got a message to say why he didn't turn up. I had my coffee and carried on with the rest of my lunch hour. That was three years ago now x

That's a very long tail back x"

That's the M8 for you! Do I get a second chance now?!

over a year ago

That's the M8 for you! Do I get a second chance now?! "

If there's cake with that coffee, deal! x

over a year ago

If there's cake with that coffee, deal! x"

I offered a nice pavlova or a meringue?

over a year ago

I've had 3 call offs no explanation. I was there as agreed.

2 I think were guys in different disguise and deleted their accounts and 1 lady never bothered to respond after asking where she was

By *errific_Teddy_BearMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Why? Why agree to meet up and not do it???? Sure, there's genuine times where you'd need to cancel but to just not bother going is plain rude.

I've always turned up for anything arranged. Thankfully I've only had one AWOL and I'm pretty sure it was someone pretending to be someone else.

If someone said when they were on their way there then they didn't feel like they were safe, totally understandable. But some of the reasons given here are absolutely mad.

By *inasparklesWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Years ago arrange to meet a guy for coffee. I arrived waited waited waited. So I messaged. He replied I saw you and left as your not my type lol. So never even got out the car. I blocked him for 2 weeks later same guy sane profile ( must have deleted and remade) messaged asking me for a coffee!!! . Denied all knowledge of previous event lol.

over a year ago

If there's cake with that coffee, deal! x

I offered a nice pavlova or a meringue? "

You're wrang.

over a year ago

If there's cake with that coffee, deal! x"

Deal!

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

Happened just recently, waited for 20mins and tried to message but no reply, so had a nice meal instead.

Aw well, win some lose more.

By *e DevilMan
over a year ago

Blantyre

No i KNOW guys are worse in general . We have organised a few events and who are we more likely to expect to be no shows, the guys. Obviously not ALL guys but lots can talk the talk but very few walk the walk as the saying goes. this ain't to annoy you but folk don't like to say that woman are just as bad if not worse for the reasons I've said previously "

I get what your saying and of course you never said it to annoy me , i can only go from personal experiences and that of my OH . Also the experiences of organising things in our house. The first one we organised a female turned up and before knowing the guest list told us , i hoped you asked a lot of guys as they are the ones who dont show. Turned out she was right , all 3 guys called off at within 10 mins of arrival time.

Look at this thread , its only fems replying saying what the guys excuses are, your reply was about the nature or type some females on Fab are. Thats slightly different from females cancelling meets. 

over a year ago

Every arranged meet I have had in all the time I’ve been on this site has gone ahead with one exception and even in it was rearranged.

Never been stood up nor have I ever stood anyone up.

Height of bad manners to arrange to meet someone and then not show and not just in here, same applies in vanilla lifestyle too

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"Every arranged meet I have had in all the time I’ve been on this site has gone ahead with one exception and even in it was rearranged.

Never been stood up nor have I ever stood anyone up.

Height of bad manners to arrange to meet someone and then not show and not just in here, same applies in vanilla lifestyle too"

You're lucky. Lost count of the numbers of no shows. At least the lame excuses give me a heads up they won't be there

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Ardgay

Couple of no shows over the years.

Usually explained afterwards and by illness.

over a year ago

Had one no show and I have never stould anyone up. I have had to rearrange once but messaged in plenty of time. I agree it's bad manners, especially if it is a social meet. You can still have a drink and a laugh, even if no physical attraction on either or both sides when you meet.

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Nothing really bizarre, had someone say their dad had a heart attack while driving. Which was oddly specific but fair enough.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Never had any cancellations. We've only met couples or females so I don't know if that possibly makes a difference.

over a year ago

I have not had any no shows but I have had a few where after extended chatting and discussion when the final details of a meeting are being set in place.........silence !! You can see they are on but zilch , just ignore you ! Don’t get me wrong , prefer that to sitting like an idiot sipping enough coffee to keep me awake for a week, but it is still frustrating !

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

Had a meet arranged a couple of weeks in advance with one girl (no longer on here).

A couple of days before I contacted her to make the final arrangements and she said she'd lost her diary so didn't know if she could meet.

She then went on to waste loads of my time and money (I'm freelance so I passed by paid work for nothing) and strung me along until the last minute so I couldn't arrange anything else.

By *rgoodnbadMan
over a year ago

greenock

"There was one man I was meant to meet for coffee one lunchtime. I waited fifteen minutes but he never appeared and I never got a message to say why he didn't turn up. I had my coffee and carried on with the rest of my lunch hour. That was three years ago now x"

One man in three years?

Try 4 cancellations in 2 months. Well one was a cancellation that messaged just before I set off, thankful for that, the others just didn't show. Nothing, nada, zilch from them.

Whenever I see threads like these and notice couples and some ladies slagging guys off for no shows, I just wonder what the hells the matter with them.

Why join these sites?

over a year ago

Years ago a guy didn't show and when he next showed up online after the weekend told me he got arrested. Then asked to meet him again.

over a year ago

One man in three years?

Try 4 cancellations in 2 months. Well one was a cancellation that messaged just before I set off, thankful for that, the others just didn't show. Nothing, nada, zilch from them.

Whenever I see threads like these and notice couples and some ladies slagging guys off for no shows, I just wonder what the hells the matter with them.

Why join these sites? "

Yes one man in three years. Who knows why a man would stand up a woman or vice versa?! I stopped thinking about things like that a long time ago. It's a chance you take on a site like this x

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I arranged a meet with a lady on here for the following day. I messaged her back asking what time she wanted to meet and she blocked me.

Not quite as bad as getting stood up (has happened before) but still annoying after all the time spent messaging.

over a year ago

Been bumped a few times

One claimed to be ill but managed to post a verification which gave away the date they met someone else when they were supposed to meet me

One said they forgot what day despite having been in touch the day before and confirmed all was ok

And a third just never turned up and blocked me when I messaged asking where they were

over a year ago

It’s hard enough to get a meet in the first place!

By *impleSailorMan
over a year ago

the moon

"been offline and only just awake "

Wasn't me

By *ullpa72Man
over a year ago

Isle of Arran

"It’s hard enough to get a meet in the first place!"
surely not !!I looked at your profile ,looks good to me !,and you are into pegging ,if you need a willing recipient give me a call lol ps I allways keep my word ,so will show up _maybe!!

By *xplorer13Man
over a year ago

glenrothes

this is the longest lunch hour in history..... 3 feckin years !!!

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

"It’s hard enough to get a meet in the first place! surely not !!I looked at your profile ,looks good to me !,and you are into pegging ,if you need a willing recipient give me a call lol ps I allways keep my word ,so will show up _maybe!!"

It’s maybe because... you know..... she’s in lanarkshire.

over a year ago

I'll let you know when someone cancels on me.

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

Nobody has ever cancelled on us .... yet :....I did however once ask a bloke if he was free that night and he replied he had “pre-ordered and paid for his Chinese in advance so unfortunately couldn’t meet” which is prob the best knock-back I’ve ever had lol x

over a year ago

"There was one man I was meant to meet for coffee one lunchtime. I waited fifteen minutes but he never appeared and I never got a message to say why he didn't turn up. I had my coffee and carried on with the rest of my lunch hour. That was three years ago now x this is the longest lunch hour in history..... 3 feckin years !!!"

This made me giggle x

By *ar-Some CoupleCouple
over a year ago

from somewhere glittery & sparkly

Someone once messaged to say they couldn't meet as their goldfish had died

over a year ago

"Someone once messaged to say they couldn't meet as their goldfish had died "

Be fair, they might have had to flush a few times before it went away.

over a year ago

"Someone once messaged to say they couldn't meet as their goldfish had died

Be fair, they might have had to flush a few times before it went away. "

Pmsfl

over a year ago

"It’s hard enough to get a meet in the first place!"

I’m sure you’re never short on offers

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I used to keep a list of reasons why meets had been cancelled. Not all from here:-

It was raining too heavily and there was flooding

One guy had been doing something with his son and managed to injure himself

One guy ended up in hospital with shingles. I thought he’d stood me up until he finally managed to message me a few days later

One guy ended up working on WWZ as part of the SWAT team! True story. He was also helping with the props.

There are loads more!

over a year ago

Knocking back a gorgeous lady for a Chinese...

Must be a fannytastic chef!!

By *irky_coupleCouple
over a year ago

kirky

A couple cancelled on us about an hour before we were meant to meet as the woman's pals had turned up unexpectedly and wouldn't leave. Funnily enough they had a veri the next day from another couple

By *MCFUN5Couple
over a year ago

GLASGOW

Sorry I’m due in court

By *e gentle 100Woman
over a year ago

Bathgate

"Nobody has ever cancelled on us .... yet :....I did however once ask a bloke if he was free that night and he replied he had “pre-ordered and paid for his Chinese in advance so unfortunately couldn’t meet” which is prob the best knock-back I’ve ever had lol x"

That's defo a good knock back that I've certainly not heard before, hope he enjoyed his Chinese as he could've still met afterwards lol xx

By *andsCouple
over a year ago

Edin

"Nobody has ever cancelled on us .... yet :....I did however once ask a bloke if he was free that night and he replied he had “pre-ordered and paid for his Chinese in advance so unfortunately couldn’t meet” which is prob the best knock-back I’ve ever had lol x

That's defo a good knock back that I've certainly not heard before, hope he enjoyed his Chinese as he could've still met afterwards lol xx

"

Maybe he didn’t fancy it on a full stomach

By *e gentle 100Woman
over a year ago

Bathgate

[Removed by poster at 19/11/18 18:09:37]

By *e gentle 100Woman
over a year ago

Bathgate

xx

By *rmagiteMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Had a few reasons from people... One I couldn't fault.

" I got cold feet."

it happens...

Post new Message to Thread